The most vital component of this activity is its gear which is a scuba breathing set containing an oxygen tank and a tube, connected to a mouthpiece, which enables you to inhale appropriately. Get a chance to encounter with the beautiful and differing marine animals of the ocean and appreciate them very close with this movement. Before you endeavour it, you will be prepared by experienced jumpers, who will bestow some essential, yet vital aptitudes required to do it.
Your Goa scuba jumping preparing activity will incorporate acclimating with the hardware and make you agreeable in water. Feel the thrill as you plunge into the cool ocean water and swim with the colourful fishes. It’s a perfect adventure for the ones who are looking for some thrill and fun in Goa. Goa is always known as a party destination but what you will discover underwater is something which you will never forget. Discover the coral reefs and the sea algae as you dive deep into the ocean. It’s time for some real adventure in the sea.
Explore More: Best places to visit in Goa
If you want to opt for snorkeling in Goa, a day trip to Grand Island is a must for you. The place provides one of the best snorkeling tours in Goa. The feeling of diving to a certain depth with the right equipment is quite exhilarating and can be best experienced while going for Snorkeling. The best time to make a visit there for snorkeling would be from November to April when the water is just perfect for the activity. For those, who require training before the actual dive can get certified from the snorkeling classes which are held at the Goa Marriot in Panaji.
The activity requires participants to wear a diving mask and have a shaped tube called a snorkel. This allows the individual to stay underwater for a considerable length of time to observe the beautiful marine life. This is among the many water sports in Goa which are exclusively meant for adults.
Also Check: Best Water Sports Tours in Panaji
Kayaking is definitely considered as one of the best-known water sports in Goa and is a hit among international and local tourists. Visitors will find a plethora of Kayaking tours in Goa to choose from. Kayaking involves moving across the water in a uniquely shaped boat which can accommodate not more than two people at a time. The best places for kayaking in Goa include the backwaters of the Zuari, Mandovi and the Sal backwaters; the alluring waters of Nerul River is also considered ideal for Kayaking.
The journey will take tourists past some mangroves, thick jungles as well as pristine beaches. Participants are fitted with life jackets for safety and are also instructed to avoid making excess body movements to prevent the kayak from capsizing. The best time to go kayaking is during the months spanning from October to February as the weather is just perfect for the outdoor experience.
- Goa, India
Grand island popularly known as Bat island or Monkey island is a place that will fill you with the excitement of thrilling adventures that you will treasure forever. Indulge in exquisite water activities like snorkeling and pump up your adrenaline rush. A perfect blend of exotic adventures and breathtaking views will definitely provide you with a perfect holiday experience.
- North Goa
Morjim is a home for adventure seekers, it’s alluring, and crystal clear water makes it a most favourable destination for flyboarding. Visualize yourself on the top of water gazing spectacular views that will rejuvenate your entire conscience with tranquillity. Experience the most explorable Indian beach pouring the vegetation for endangered marine turtles named Olive ridley sea turtles. Embark on a truly adventurous experience in Morjim beach with your loved ones and cherish the aura of coastal life.
A rope which measures around 200-300 feet, is firmly attached to the harness of the parasail and the other end to a speedboat. When the boat kicks into high gear, the individual pleasantly gets lifted off the ground and within a few seconds the flyer hits the clouds. Amongst all the destinations, Parasailing can be best enjoyed at Anjuna and Vagator beach.
Once up in the air, the flyers just need to maintain their balance and enjoy the aerial views form amidst the clouds. While taking part in this overwhelming activity, one must wear casual or light clothes. Children under 15 years are usually not allowed for these rides.
- North Goa
- You will start from Dona Paula and sail up the Zuari river to Marcaim. Here, we put down the sails and motor up the Cumbarjua River. Now you can see crocodiles sun themselves on the mudflats during low tide.
- Then you will emerge into the Mandovi river and stop at Old Goa, where you can see magnificent churches. Then, you will motor past Panaji, hoist sail and round the Cabo Raj Bhawan back to Dona Paula.
- You will have circumnavigated the province of Tiswadi, also known as ‘Ilhas’ or the ‘Island of Goa’ by now
- Timing of the activity: Daily 8.30 AM to 7.00 PM
Ringo Ride (Tubing)
Ringo Rides involves riding on a circular tube over the water surface and get soaked in unlimited fun and excitement. One of the popular watersports in Goa, it is also a common recreational ride that can be easily found on the Goan water. With proper guidance and instructions, these boat rides can get laced with never-ending fun and merriment!
In Ringo Ride, the participants are made to sit on a circular tube that is consistently pulled by a speed boat for a certain period of time. Extremely exciting and captivating, all through this fascinating journey over the waters, the participants can feel the strokes of the waves. But, the real fun and excitement lies at the end of the ride when the boat pleasantly tumbles down over the water!
Amongst all the water sports destinations in Goa, Pindul Cave is mostly preferred for these jolly rides. And to avoid any unwanted happenings, children should not be allowed on this ride. The participants must wear light clothes to avoid discomfort.
While for the beginners, it might seem quite a new experience, for the experts it is an activity to quench all their yearnings for fun and excitement. However, before undertaking these rides, one should keep in mind some of the safety aspects. Children below 5 years should not be allowed as they can lose their balance easily. Expecting mothers, patients with major heart disorders and other serious ailments should not undertake Water Skiing.
- North Goa
Opening Hours: 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Duration: 2 Hours
India's smallest state and unlike any other, Goa boasts to have touristy beaches, flea markets, and beach shacks in the North region. With beaches, there are many activities that people can avail during their visit. Windsurfing in Goa allows you to taste the thrill of floating on the surface of the water. There is no better way to experience the sheer energy of Goa’s coastline than windsurfing in its sea. This quaint beach boasts of its unspoiled natural beauty that will leave you awestruck.
Suitable For: Adventure enthusiasts
How To Reach:
The destination is located at a distance of around 21.4 km from Goa International Airport. It is easily reachable by public or private modes of transportation.
To avail the package you must be above 10 years of age.
Life jackets and safety handles on the boat ensure the maximum fun; it also helps the participants to maintain their balance as the boat makes its way over the bumpy waves. Summers are usually considered as the ideal time to undertake these rides and enjoy the delightfulness of the sea.
White Water Rafting
The Mhadei River is the perfect place for white water rafting in Goa. It is quite challenging as it requires navigating through tricky rapids in an inflatable boat or raft. There a various degrees of difficulty based on the different water routes one has to traverse through.
Before attempting this activity, it is advisable to listen to the rafting guides in order to avoid any unwanted happenings. The best time to go for White Water Rafting is during the monsoon season when the water flow in the river is conducive.
Individuals are asked to wear body hugging clothes, sneakers for a firmer grip. Women should tie their hair in order to avoid any unwanted circumstances and loose hair might restrict their vision to much extent.
Speed Boating can be quite a thrilling prospect for those who has a fondness towards speed and adventure. It offers one of the best water rides tours in Goa. These boats can reach speeds up to 15 to 20 mph and the individuals going for these rides are provided with mandatory life jackets and are always accompanied by instructors and guides.
Amongst all the Speed Boating destination, Baina Beach is the most visited spots in Goa. Boats in this beach are preferably heavier and powerful than the rest and are capable of accommodating around eight people at a time. As summer is considered as the ideal time for Speed Boating, it is always advisable to wear lighter clothes.
Offering the fair share of thrill and excitement, Wakeboarding can be termed as one of the exhilarating water sports in Goa. Involving a wakeboard, this ride requires balancing skills and discipline to some extent. Tucked to a speedy moving boat, the participants balance themselves on a wakeboard and as the boat starts gaining pace, they can display their skills and talents of Wakeboarding.
Beaches in Goa are the best place to enjoy these rides and in order to enhance the thrill, it is mandatory to pay attention to the instructions from the instructors. However, before embarking on such an enthralling ride, ensure that you are wearing clothes that are suggested by the instructors. Usually, early morning during the summers are mostly preferred for these rides.
Windsurfing offers adventure junkies to enjoy the benefits and thrills associated with both surfing and sailing. This water sport requires a surfer to balance himself on a surfboard and cruise through the waves; prior experience in wind surfing will hold you in good stead.
However, windsurfing experts believe that Dona Paula bay is the perfect place for beginners to learn the craft. In fact, the beach provides a light morning breeze which is perfect for windsurfing and afternoons are really not considered favourable for windsurfing as the winds are stronger posing a challenge to beginners. Moreover, one can check out many more popular places to visit in Goa.
Kite surfing is often considered as an extreme sport for experienced individuals who enjoy the thrill of throwing caution to the wind by means of a power kite several feet above the ground. In short, it can be termed as the perfect mixture of surfing, jet skiing and wakeboarding. This sport is applicable for individuals above 18 years; minors are strictly not allowed. There are certain instructions that need to be followed as it is one of the most adventurous and enthralling activity in Goa.
Early mornings during the summer are best suited for Kite Surfing as the wind is not too gusty and strong. Morjim Goa is quite famous for the activity. In fact, there is a training school there which imparts training to interested individuals.
Jet skiing is undoubtedly one of the most sought after watersports in Goa. The thrill of sitting on a Jet Ski while maneuvering the azure waters at high speed is an experience that will always usher excitement in you. Akin to some of the heaviest motorbikes available, these Jet Ski rides can be easily availed at Candolim, Baga and Vagator beaches.
Though these rides might seem to be tough on the first go, once you know the tips and tricks of regulating these water bikes, you will get soaked within the fun and excitement of gliding over the waves. Moreover, the guidance from the experts will add more delight to your experience! While indulging in these enthralling rides, it is always preferable to wear light clothes like shorts, tee-shirts.
Though Jet Skiing do not follow any major medical constraints, the participants need to be fit to certain levels and should not be hydrophobic. Also, children under 9 years are not allowed for these rides. In order to enjoy these rides to the core, avoid the monsoons as the water level goes high in this period.
Sport Fishing (Angling)
Angling or Sport Fishing is a famous activity in Goa especially in the Dona Paula region which is a small fishing village. The best time for offshore angling is between October and December while inshore angling is favourable all-round the year. This form of fishing can accommodate a maximum of two anglers per boat for offshore fishing to avoid overcrowding.
Most anglers carry their own equipment but they can also the necessary equipment from the tour organizers. Sport fishing is an acquired taste and is enjoyed by individuals of a certain age as it helps them relax and unwind. No watersports in Goa is complete without indulging in some angling.
Children would normally be accompanied by their parent for such trips; however, most children prefer indulging in activities that are more fun. While some angling tours encourage their fishers to ‘catch and release’ to preserve the marine life, there are others who allow anglers to take their catch with them.
This popular water sport is quite similar to wind surfing, but it is more family friendly as it do not require the added effort of windsurfing. Dinghy sailing is very popular in sailing tours in Goa. These dinghies are around 15 feet in length and can accommodate around 3-4 people at a time. The Zuari estuary in Dona Paula is perfect for this kind of sailing owing to its calm waters.
The best months to go dinghy sailing are between October and April when the sky is clear and the water is calmer. Children above the age of 7 are also allowed to go sailing with their parents. Keeping in mind about the safety measures, all the participants are provided with lifejackets during these rides.
Water Zorbing is among the best water sports in Goa as it provides recreation by allowing individuals to roll on water in a transparent ball which is safe and secure. Children above the age of 10 are allowed only under adult supervision. The orb can accommodate not more than two people at a time and Mayem Lake is the best place for the activity. Shorts and a t-shirt are the perfect attire for those willing for water zorbing. Instructors are present at the venue of the sport to provide instructions – individuals are advised to heed their warnings. The best time for water zorbing is during the summer months.
Water sports in Goa are varied and loved by tourists who visit this tropical paradise. These water sport activities are a great way to unwind, relax and rejuvenate the mind. Even if you have missed any of these activities, make sure next time when you Visit Goa, you have them all in you wish list!
Suggested Read: Amazing things to do in South Goa
Avail the opportunity of enjoying a combo of 5 fun-filled water activities amidst the serene beauty of Anjuna beach. Witness the scenic view of the Arabian sea with your loved ones while you indulge in the joyous activities.
The combo comes with the pleasure of activities namely Parasailing, Banana ride, Speed, Boat ride, Bumper ride and Jetski. Grab the delight of such amazing activities without any regrets as the activities shall be conducted with the support of quality water sports equipment. Besides, enjoy the assistance of an experienced guide, who is dedicated to rendering a completely unforgettable experience.
- South Goa
- Start your tour after boarding the a shared vehicle at 9:30 from Palolem.
- Feel the thrill as you use variety of techniques like walking, scrambling, climbing, jumping, abseiling, and swimming to traverse through the breath-taking Upper Sauri Canyon.
- The narrow gorges with numerous drops, while surrounded by sculpted walls and spectacular waterfalls form an aesthetic backdrop for canyoning.
- The Upper Sauri Canyon is replete with 6 main waterfalls to descend through!
- A 40-minute jungle walk to access the canyon with 2 and 8-metre abseils, and 7 jumps.
- The easy canyon unravels its beauty during descent, and can be enjoyed by most age groups with varying skill levels.
- Conclude this exciting tour at around 5:30 PM and head back home with lots of memories after a 30-minute jungle walk.
- South Goa
About the Activity:
- Feel the adrenaline rush as you enroll in this 10-15 minutes water skiing at Majorda beach and experience the ultimate fun and adventure.
- If you are a beginner then get accompanied by professionals and enjoy water skiing with professionals.
- Water skiing is a surface water sport in which an individual is pulled behind a boat or a cable ski installation over a body of water, skimming the surface on two skis or one ski.
- You will be provided with the state of the art safety equipment and professional guides for your safety.
- Enjoy the enchanting scenery and lose yourself admiring its beauty.
- This activity can be availed at any time between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM
About the Activity:
- Make your vacation special with this thrilling activities in Goa and also explore the enduring beauty of this region.
- Start your tour at around 9:00 AM after arriving at the Mobor Beach in Cavelossim and begin with a brief safety discussion with the instructors for jet skiing adventure.
- Post this, get geared up with the life-jackets and call off the day's fun with an exciting Jet Ski ride on the groovy waters of Goa.
- Manoeuvre over the wavy waters for a considerable duration and hop onto the Banana Boats for an amusing ride over the waters for duration of 15 minutes.
- Enjoy this exciting boat ride before leaving for Ringo Rides; the last activity of the day.
- End these activities at around 5:00 PM in the evening and head back home with lots of memories.
- South Goa
About the Activity:
- Ringo ride at Mobor Beach in Goa is fun filled ride through the calm water along the Goan shoreline.
- Get yourself comforted in the seat that is harnessed with the back of a powerful vehicle.
- Ringo rides are mega fun and give participants the chance to tear up and down the sea, feeling every bump and splash along the way for a full duration of 10 minutes!
- After the ride, it will be the time to float in the air with a session of parasailing.
- See the stunning shores from up above and marvel their pristine beauty!
- Note: The activity can be availed between 9 am to 6 pm.
- South Goa
About the Activity:
- Experience another side of Goa as you winch- parasail at Mobor Beach
- Commence your tour at around 9:00 AM in the morning after reaching the tour locality which is the perfect time to do parasailing in Goa.
- Winch-boat parasailing is usually done alone and it takes you high in the air. In winch-parasailing, you have to take off and land on the winch boat.
- The ride lasts for 10 minutes and enables you to get a spectacular view of the turquoise expanse of the Arabian Sea.
- The activity is accompanied by professional operators and adequate safety equipment.
- End this exciting activity and head back home with lots of memories.
- This tour is a customized tour and can be availed at any time from 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM.
About the Activity:
The Mhadei river is stunningly scenic. Ideal for beginners and one of the most beautiful rivers you can ever see. Bordering the Mhadei Wildlife Sanctuary its jungle panoramas are unmatched by any other river in Southern and Western India. And certainly the half day rafting trip in India.
Begin this thrilling activity at 9.30 AM in the morning or 2:30 PM in the afternoon after reaching the rafting meeting place at Valpoi.
You are then taken by our vehicles to the river before meeting your guides, getting your safety equipment and briefing and then boarding the rafts to begin the nearly 10km trip. Plenty of easy class 2 and 3 rapids with names like 'Big Daddy,' 'Giant Haystacks,' 'Y Fronts,' and 'Pipeline.'
Whether friends, family or kids over 12, everyone is welcome. It is good, safe fun!
As per international safety norms you will also be provided with Life jackets and Helmets and the boats carry on board safety and rescue equipment.
This activity can last anything from 2 and a half to 3 and a half hours depending on water levels. This time frame includes the transport to and from the river.
Meeting Point - Earthen Pot Restaurant, Sayed Nagar, Valpoi, Sattari, Goa
- North Goa
About the activity:
- Experience an exciting scuba diving experience around Grande Island and Sao Gorge Island in Goa on your next holiday.
- These locations are located about 25 km from the main roads and can be reached within one and half hours by boat.
- The dives are all shallow 4-14 m (average).
- The marine species are numerous with lots of hard corals and you can enjoy a very relaxing dive with lots of beautiful sights to see.
- The visibility around the Island varies from 10 metres to few feet, at an average of around 4-5 metres.
- The dive sites have different names, but are all located around these two islands.
Note: Please note that prepool training of 1-2 hours is required for a first timer a day before the actual dive.
- Old Goa
About the Activity:
- Relish in this delightful excursion that provides you with fun-filled kayaking opportunity through the mangrove forests of Zuari River.
- Begin this exciting adventure at around 9:00 AM in the morning from Chapel.
- Sylvan Siridao in Goa is a one stop destination for all water lovers. Embark on this amazing activity in the shallow waters for truly blissful and breathtaking experience.
- Kayak through the waters at Bambolim for nearly three hours, armed with safety equipment and a guide.
- Experience a strange sense of calmness while basking in the tranquility of the region.
- End this activity after 3 hours and head back home with lots of memories.
- This tour is a customized tour and can be availed in between the time of 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM and during Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM