Visapur Fort Trek Highlights
- Complete your trek under the guidance of experience and professional guide to have the best experience at the trek
- Embark on this exciting trek to Visapur Fort and witness the splendid surroundings during the trek
- Evidently see explore the fort and find decorated architecture, the old house, caves, and ruins of a large stone-built house also known as the Peshwa's Palace
- Trek through the water gushing down the rocks in monsoons with surreal greenery and blissful environment
- Avail pick-up and drop-off facilities included in the package to avoid hassles of transportation.
Visapur Fort Trek Overview
Activity Timings: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Pickup & Drop Points: Dadar Pritam Hotel, K-star Mall Chembur East, Below Vashi main bridge, Hotel 3-star Kharghar
About Visapur Fort Trek:
Visapur Fort is located in the Pune district of Maharashtra. Attaining a height of 1,084m, steeped in history and some of the glorious tales of the past, this historic fort has become one of the most famous tourist and adventure sport for people. Visapur Fort is larger and at a higher elevation than its twin fort- Lohagad.
Located in Maharashtra near the Pune district, the trek to Visapur is one of the best treks to do in Monsoon. The Visapur Trek takes around 2.5-3hours to reach the point, and one will enjoy the trek as with knowing the history of this place as it is a guided trek. It is not a difficult trek, everyone can enjoy this trek in monsoons as there is water gushing through the steps while you trek. After the 30-40mins trail, there is a plateau covered with lush greenery. You can also spot Lohagad, Tikona, and Tung Forts, and the expressway.
Note: The above Pickup and Drop services are available only if you select the variant with transportation
About the Activity:
- The timings of the activity are from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
- The trek starts from Lonavala in the morning. You can either reach the base village or opt for the transportation that will take you to the base village on time.
- The pickup locations from the fort include:
- Dadar Pritam Hotel,
- K-star Mall Chembur East,
- Below Vashi main bridge,
- Hotel 3-star Kharghar
- Start your trek to the might fort and witness the surreal views of the stunning lush green valleys and small or large waterfalls.
- On reaching the village, you will find decorated architecture, the old house, caves, and ruins of a large stone-built house which is also known as the Peshwa's palace.
- There are several temples around the fort, but you will notice that most of the temples are dedicated to Hanuman as he was the patron deity of the Visapur fort.
- You can also witness the ten feet long iron gun of Queen Elizabeth.
- The difficulty level of the trek is easy but still, there will be a professional guide with you, who will assist you while trekking.
How to reach?
One can easily reach the base village by private, public, and local transportation.
Nearest Railway station: The nearest railway station is the Lonavala Railway station 16kms from the base village.
Nearest bus stop: The nearest bust stop is the Lonavala bus stop and is located at a distance of 13kms from the base village.
More Details about Visapur Fort Trek
Know Before You Go for Visapur Fort Trek
- Floaters and Sandals are not allowed, please wear sports shoes or trekking shoes of good quality
- Mineral Water/Cold Drinks are not included in this package
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Avoid carrying heavyweight for the trek.
- Wear Mask, and also carry extra disposal mask with you
- Carry Hand Sanitizer or sanitizer bottle and clean your hands before touching food or objects
- Carry some dry food items and Glucose/ORS etc as there are no shops after the base village
- Keep your Id proofs with you incase needed
- It is recommended to wear full sleeves shirt and full track pants to protect from sun/ thorns/ insects
- Trek leaders’ decisions will be final and binding
- Participants or Members are responsible for his/her own safety and baggage
- There is no freshen up / washroom facility at the top. There is the only toilet in the base village
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags
Things To Carry for Visapur Fort Trek
- Day pack (20-30l)
- Water bottle
- Hiking shoes
- Led torch (with extra batteries)