About the space and location:
Check-in Time: 12:00 PM
Check-out Time: 11:00 AM
If your dream vacation is to spend time in the middle of nowhere - you are at the right place. Surrounded by virgin pine, oak and rhododendron trees with seasonal fruits and vegetables, with stone walls and slate roofs that have a strong eco-focus, and stress on conservation of natural resources, the entire space is environmentally friendly and sustainable. The architecture of the cottage carries the richness of Kumaon art that is prevalent in the region.
About the rooms:
A 3-acre property in the Himalayas that celebrates Kumaon in its truest sense – the spirit, the architecture and the revelry; the stay offers 3 cosy bedrooms, a terrace cum balcony, a small verandah with comfortable seating when you want to spend all your time outdoors.
The stay offers two different types of rooms/suites:
-Family Suite on the upper deck can accommodate up to 4 guests. Deeply rooted in Kumaoni culture and architectural elements, each room is equipped with modern amenities and ensuite bathrooms for a comfortable stay.
-Deluxe Room on the lower floor can each accommodate up to 2 guests. The low ceilings in these rooms bring out the functionality of Kumaon architecture, i.e. to provide warmth during winters and sustain the coziness in summers.
The homestay has an extensive organic farm and orchards that rely on techniques such as crop rotation, green manure, compost to offer the kitchen a host of fresh vegetables and fruits to be used daily in every meal. The package includes breakfast. Lunch and dinner can be availed on a-la-carte basis at an additional cost.
While breakfast and snacks are included in the package, you can order lunch and dinner from the menu at an additional cost. Also, do not hesitate to learn a few recipes from the chef and caretaker here.
- Indulge in gardening activity with the farmers and harvest your own vegetables
- Learn to cook local Kumaoni cuisine that is class-apart
- Try your hands at painting and capture the views around
- Come evening, light the bonfire and enjoy the self-cook barbeque grill (at an additional cost)
- Take a nature walk in the oak, pine, and rhododendron forest
- A village walk is ideal to learn more about the culture here
About access to common areas:
Guests have access to the living room, the verandah, and the farms around
About safety and hygiene:
- The retreat has increased the frequency of cleaning public areas (including the lobby, doorknobs, common washrooms, etc.)
- Hand gloves being used when carrying out cleaning work and when handling waste
- The rooms and the entire stay is deep cleaned before every check in and post every check out
- There are antibacterial hand sanitizers available throughout the property
- Social distancing is maintained
- Daily temperature monitoring of the staff
About its accessibility:
The homestay is around 35 KM from Almora on a hilltop. Private transfers can reach up to the property and the drive is a memorable one. The main house from the parking is a downhill slope of about 50 m.
Write Your Story
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.