Triund Trek Highlights
- Embark on one of the most popular & splendorous treks in the Himalayas, making it a perfect weekend getaway
- Soak in the stunning views of Kangra Valley & snow-covered Dhauladhar Ranges from the height of 9432 ft
- Witness the magnificent views of the sun setting behind the hills in Dharamkot from your campsite
- Indulge in the fun session of chit-chat during a bonfire with soothing music beneath the sky full of stars
Triund Trek Overview
About the trek:
Triund is a place that lies beautifully in the laps of the Kangra Valley amidst the Dhauladhar Range making it a glorifying place to visit. The Triund trek is enveloped in the cape of lush greenery and snow-capped mountains and with trouble-free accessibility from Mcleodganj & Dharamshala, it is a favorite place for many trekkers. Embark on a journey to the top to witness the serene views of Kangra Valley covered in clouds that would make your every second worthwhile.
Start point/Endpoint: Bhagsu Nag Taxi Stand
Start Time: 10:00 AM(Day 1)
End Time: 12:00 PM (Day 2)
- Stay: Dome tents on sharing basis
- Meals: Breakfast and dinner
- Highly Experienced Guide
- Activities: Trekking & Camping
Triund Trek Distance: 14 KM
Maximum Altitude: 9432 ft
Triund Trek Temperature: In summers, during the day, the temperature goes from 16 degrees C to 25 degrees C and at night, it goes from 7 degrees C to 10 degrees C.
In winters, during the day, the temperature goes from 14 degrees C to 18 degrees C and at night, it goes from 1 degree C to 5 degrees C.
ATM: Last ATM is in Mcleodganj
Mobile Network:BSNL/Vodafone works the best in these areas
How to reach:
Mcleodganj lies at a distance of around 500 km from Delhi or about 250 km from Chandigarh. You can either reach by your own car or by using public transport such as train, bus or air.
The best option to reach Mcleod Ganj from Delhi is to catch the overnight Volvo The second and the cheapest option but a hectic one to reach McleodGanj or Triund is to travel by train. One can take a train to Pathankot which takes around 6-7 hours.
More Details about Triund Trek
Know Before You Go for Triund Trek
- The management reserves all the right to modify the trek during any emergencies or natural calamities.
- The trek takes place through an eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites. Travellers littering may be fined.
- All the activities depend upon the weather.
- Keep your luggage minimum; the more you carry, the more you hassle.
- Guidelines issued by the State-Government are to be followed. Social distancing to be maintained. Frequent hand sanitisation and use of mask recommended.
- It is recommended to carry season wise clothes and the right kind of shoes for the trek.
- Please carry a valid ID proof at the time of the activity.
- Since its difficult to provide all the facilities in the mountains, one must not expect luxuries. Electricity may be available only at a few locations.
- Bonfire would be dependent on weather conditions.
- In case of bad weather any Govt restriction, the campsite location might change to Dharamkot
- Children below the age of 7 years are not recommended for Mcleodganj to Triund trek.
- Any personal expenses, items of personal nature, meals not mentioned, etc. will not be in part of the Triund trek package.
- Carry dry snacks/food from home. Carry water bottles with you, so that you can refill.
Things To Carry for Triund Trek
- Warm clothesMandatory Item
- Day pack (20-30l)Mandatory Item
- Water bottleMandatory Item
- Hiking shoesMandatory Item
- Toilet paper & wipes
- Extra pair of socks