Kareri Lake Trek Highlights
- Trek at an altitude of 9,650 ft. through the lush green forest of chirr and chilgoza pines
- Soak in nature's bounty at Kareri Lake - a freshwater lake rugged amidst mountains with greenery all around
- Sleep under the stars, listen to stories from local villagers, enjoy the simplicity of life, get to be one with nature
- Embark on this offbeat Kareri trek with an experienced and friendly guide
Kareri Lake Trek Overview
About the trek:
Located at an elevation of about 2,950 meters in the Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh, Kareri Lake is a freshwater lake rugged amidst mountains with greenery all around. Situated in the majestic Dhauladhar range, this glacial Kareri lake trek will take you through a journey of the most scenic views as it is home to lush pasturelands, exotic perennial flowers, and dense conifers. Kareri trek is also a favorite among the shutterbugs and nature lovers who can spend some time close to nature while clicking their best shots.
Start/End Point- Dharamkot, Mcleodganj
- Stay: Alpine tents on sharing basis
- Meals: Breakfast and dinner
- Highly experienced guide
- Activities: Trekking & Camping
Maximum altitude: 9,650 ft.
Temperature: 8°C to 20°C
Kareri Lake Trek Distance: 26 KM (to and fro)
Kareri Trek Difficulty level:- Easy To Moderate
How to Reach:
The starting point of the trek is in Dharamkot which is situated at a distance of around 2 km from Mcleodganj bus station and is easily reachable by public or private transportation. The nearest airport is Gaggal Airport at Dharamshala about 20 km away from the starting point.
More Details about Kareri Lake Trek
Know Before You Go for Kareri Lake Trek
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- The management reserves all the right to modify the trek during any emergencies or natural calamities.
- It is recommended to carry enough warm clothes and the right kind of shoes for the trek.
- Pay heed to the trek guides and instructors in order to enjoy a safe and sound trek.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicants during the trek.
- Water is very precious, so conservation is appreciated.
- Do not encourage trekking during the night unless it is a part of the itinerary and a guide is with you; this might lead to unforeseen mishaps.
- Avoid using earphones during the trek; this might hinder your audibility.
- Avoid using plastic bags and maintain the ecological balance of the destinations.
- In case, the trek needs to be cancelled, the authorities should be informed beforehand.
- Guidelines issued by the State-Government is to be followed. Social distancing to be maintained. Frequent hand sanitisation and use of mask recommended.
- Please provide a valid ID at the time of check-in.
- The exact location will be shared with you post-booking.
- Professional guide(s) are available to ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek.
- Neat and clean vehicle for the journey with experienced driver especially for hilly terrains available.
- Permit charges are not included in the package.
- All the activities depend upon the weather.
- Camping is very basic in nature. One must not expect luxuries. Electricity may be available only at a few locations.
- Mobile & laptop charging points may/may not be available on campsites at a common point.
- Any personal expenses, items of personal nature, meals not mentioned, etc. will not be in part of the package.
- Carry dry snacks/food from home (you will save a lot of money). Carry water bottles with you, so that you can refill.
- Keep your luggage minimum; the more you carry, the more you hassle.
- Children below the age of 7 years are not recommended for this trek.
- Consult a physician before undertaking the Kareri trek. Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the trek.
- The Kareri lake trekking takes place through an eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites. Travellers littering may be fined.
- Kareri Lake trek can be availed on every Weekend. Open even for Solo travelers as well. Send the inquiry for more available dates.
Things To Carry for Kareri Lake Trek
- Warm clothes
- Toilet paper & wipes
- Back pack (50-60l)
- Water bottle
- Hiking shoes