About the space and location:
Check-in Time: 12:00 PM
Check-out Time: 11:00 AM
The quaint little village of Hamta is located at a height of around 2600 ft and offers scenic views of the Manali valley. Nestled in one of the apple orchards here is a 50-year-old traditional Himachali homestay that is made from mud. The house welcomes you into an old world charm of mud and wooden architecture, a traditional Himachali style of living in the olden days and offers scenic views that will leave you spellbound.
Charming classic interiors, numerous day hikes, walking trails alongside the river bed, waterfalls, sumptuous Himachal meals, apple orchards, snow-capped mountains, ever drifting clouds, magical sunsets, starry nights - there's never a dull moment at the stay. While here, do not miss out having a good time at the large wooden deck outside. You can also spend time in the common room as well as on the hammock placed in the middle of the orchard.
About the rooms:
Wake up to the sweet fragrance of apples here. The stay features two double sharing private rooms complete with modern amenities and separate washrooms. An extra bed can be added if you are a group of people. Washrooms for both the rooms are located in the common toilet block on the ground floor.
The 2 feet thick mud walls at this traditional Himachali house gives you an experience of Himachali life in the old days. The window brings in ample of natural light and offers panoramic views of the surroundings.
The package includes a hearty breakfast and dinner. You can order scrumptious lunch at the in-house cafe on an a-la-carte basis at an additional cost.
While here, enjoy the taste of local ingredients that come together in traditional Himachali style meals like Siddu, Thenthuk, Momos, Local Rajma, Madira Palak, etc. You can also enjoy Indian, Italian, Pan-Asian and Chinese cuisines here. While here, do not miss trying the local rice beer known as Lungri or it’s more distilled version Arak.
- Escape into the lush forests, walk by the riverside and watch various species of birds, flora, and fauna at your own pace
- Enjoy a simple hike from India’s first Igloo Village in Sethan while picking up wild strawberries on the way
- Explore the unspoiled beauty of Hamta Valley and the trails around the stay
- Once back, savour the taste of true flavors of Himachali cuisines at the in-house cafe
- For the more adventurous souls, there are specially curated day hikes to viewpoints like Prini Peak, Jobri Waterfall or the famous Hampta Pass Trek
- Zipline across the Hampta Valley for an adrenaline rush
- Enjoy the outdoors at Sethan that is also home to boulderers and rock climbers from around the world
- Indulge in activities like paragliding, mountains biking, trekking expeditions, etc. on requests
- During winters, come over for some backcountry skiing and snowboarding
About access to common areas:
Guests have access to the dining area, the outdoors, and the domes
About safety and hygiene:
- The retreat has increased the frequency of cleaning public areas (including the lobby, doorknobs, common washrooms, etc.)
- Hand gloves being used when carrying out cleaning work and when handling waste
- The rooms and the entire stay is deep cleaned before every check-in and post every check-out
- There are antibacterial hand sanitizers available throughout the property
- Social distancing is maintained
- Daily temperature monitoring of the staff
This amazing stay is around 14 KM away from Manali. There is no public transport to the site and the closest public transport is till Prini village. From there a personal cab can be taken to reach the site.
Write Your Story
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.