Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
Check-in Time: 02:00 PM
Check-out Time: 12:00 PM
Deal Highlights of The Kumaon, Binsar:
- Stay in a private mountain retreat situated in the heart of the Himalaya
- Wake up to views of the sacred Nanda Devi Range, and undulating hills
- Savour local Kumaoni cuisine that is prepared using locally sourced ingredients; avail a flat 15% on all meals
- Go for a hike to the waterfall that's ideal for a picnic and the perfect spot to unwind
- Enjoy a flat 20% off on a half-day excursion
- Learn about traditional agriculture practises, check out trails leading to ancient shrines, walk through forests of oak, cedar and rhododendron, and more
About The Kumaon, Binsar:
Located in Kasar Devi, a ridge above the historical city of Almora, this property is home to native forests, hidden waterfalls and terraced farms. Get to visit the inhabiting rustic villages dotted with medieval stone temples and a unique culture untouched by modernity during your stay here.
Soak in the sun while sitting on a rock by the river, lounge in the meadows immersed in birdsong, visit the Kasar Devi temple that sits at the top of cranks ridge, and enjoy magnificent views across the valley all the way down to Almora. You can also check out Almora's ancient market town, or head out for a slightly challenging walk which descends into an adjacent valley to a beautiful waterfall. Do not miss out going for a spa therapy while here that uses locally-sourced cold-pressed oils and ancient techniques.
The in-house kitchen offers some of the most amazing Kumaoni delicacies that are made using locally grown and sourced produce.
The property offers 10 suites, nestled in pairs one atop the other. The suites are built of locally quarried stone mirroring Kumaoni village homes and offer adjacent outdoor sitting areas surrounded by fruit trees.
Each room offers floor-to-ceiling windows that overlook the valleys below and mountains ahead, and comes with an ensuite bathroom, plush furniture, traditional wood-burning bukharis, and all the basic amenities like air conditioning, tea/coffee maker, wardrobe, etc., and can accommodate 2 adults and 1 child.
Enjoy a flat 15% on meals. While a buffet breakfast is included in the package, you can order lunch and dinner at an additional cost. Savour some of the best of the Kumaoni region during your stay prepared using local and fresh produce that adds to the taste of the meals here. Do try the bhaang chutney made with ground cannabis seeds, protein-rich black soybean daal, and millet flatbreads while here.
Furthermore, the dining area here is made of floor-to-ceiling glass and steel and offers unmitigated views of the Himalaya, including the Nanda Devi peak.
Activities at The Kumaon, Binsar:
- Head out to visit Chitai, the Bell Temple - a unique local temple built to venerate the local deity ‘Golu Dev’
- Check out the hikes and trails at the Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary
- Visit the ancient Shiva temple adjacent to a lovely meadow at the centre of the sanctuary
- You can also visit the Katarmal temple, dedicated to the Sun God and one of only three extant temples in India
- Hike down to the Kosi river and have a picnic and swimming day
- Walks through hamlets that practice traditional agriculture through forests of oak, cedar and rhododendron
- Indulge in a relaxing champi, or a soothing foot massage or numerous therapies offered at the in-house spa that uses locally-sourced cold-pressed oils
How to reach The Kumaon, Binsar:
The property is around 125 KM from the Pantnagar Airport, around 73 KM from Nainital, and around 10 KM from Almora. One can easily reach the property using any public or private transportation.
Write Your Story
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.