About the space and location:
Check-in Time: 12:00 PM
Check-out Time: 11:00 AM
The tea estate all around the homestay lends it an aroma that's unique and refreshing. With lush green surroundings, mountain views, and rustic stay experience, this stay - that is made of eco-friendly materials like wood, slate, and mud - gives a feel of the ‘gaddi’ tribe homes, making it all the more special. Moreover, all the river stones and slates are hand chiselled and crafted in the local Kangra method - and this continues in all the bedrooms here that are not only rustic but also luxurious.
Do not miss out going on a guided tea tour while here that begins with an overview of the tea manufacturing process and various tasting methods, and leads to an evening picnic at a picturesque spot on the estate with tea bushes all around. You would not want to miss out on this experience. Once back at the stay, enjoy stargazing around a warm bonfire with barbeque (on request, at an additional cost).
About the rooms:
Nestled in lush-greenery all around, the cottages here carry a rustic charm and have their own distinct character. They are all made of eco-friendly materials like wood, slate and mud that adds to their beauty. The stay features 6 types of bedrooms with attached washrooms.
Standard Stays: There are 4 standard rooms that can each accommodate a maximum of 2 guests, are over 300 sq.ft., and have a beautiful open design.
- Oolong Room: Located in the main cottage on the first floor, it faces the kitchen garden, is spacious, and has beautiful traditional mud flooring.
- Court Room: Also located in the main cottage on the first floor, it faces the mountains and the main garden, has traditional mud flooring, and a private balcony area.
- Camellia Room: Located on the ground floor, it opens up to the garden, and shares a private sit-out area with the Pekoe Room. It comes with wooden floors and snug interiors.
- Pekoe Room: Located next to Camellia, it opens up to the garden, has wooden floors, a lovely window seating, and offers great mountain views right from the bed.
Deluxe Stays: There are 2 deluxe rooms that can each accommodate a maximum of 2 guests, are over 500 sq.ft., and have a gorgeous large slate bathroom.
- Cedar Room: Located on the ground floor, it opens up to the garden, has lovely wooden flooring, beautiful cedar wood beams on the ceiling, and a cosy day-bed area with a window facing the mountains.
- Pine Room: Located on top of the Cedar Room, it has a balcony looking out at the mountains, traditional mud flooring, and a lovely earthy aroma.
All rooms have king-size beds, all-weather air conditioners, bathrooms with running hot & cold water, hairdryers, electrical bed warmers, and more.
While breakfast is a part of the package, you can order lunch and dinner on an a-la-carte basis at an additional cost.
All meals are prepared using locally sourced ingredients. Do not miss requesting the chef to make a few "pahadi" delicacies for you that are simply delicious. Do check out the seasonal homemade jams, pickles, chutneys, sauces and juices throughout the meals.
- Explore the tea estate with a tour and indulge in some tea-tasting
- Enjoy playing board games, outdoor games like cricket, badminton, or video games at the stay
- Go cycling in the estate with a couple of cycles available at the stay
- Have fun birdwatching in the gardens with fruit trees that attract a wide variety of birds
- Call it a day with a bonfire and stargazing
- Head out and discover Dharamshala and McLeod Gunj that have a rich Tibetian history
- Visit the residence and main monastery of the Dalai Lama
- Enjoy paragliding in Billing that is recognized as one of the top paragliding sites
- You can also visit the Kangra Fort, known to be the oldest dated fort in India
About access to common areas:
Guests have access to the entire property as well as the outdoors
About safety and hygiene:
- The retreat has increased the frequency of cleaning public areas (including the lobby, doorknobs, common washrooms, etc.)
- Hand gloves being used when carrying out cleaning work and when handling waste
- The rooms and the entire stay is deep cleaned before every check-in and post every check-out
- There are antibacterial hand sanitizers available throughout the property
- Social distancing is maintained
- Daily temperature monitoring of the staff
The stay is around 40 KM from Dharamshala and around 40 KM from the Kangra Airport. One can easily reach stay by taking any private taxi/ cab or any public transportation.
Write Your Story
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.