Location: Kufri, Shimla
Duration: 1 Hour
Activity Timings: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Located 13 km from Shimla, Kufri is famous for its amazing views and adventure activities. One can visit Kufri in winters to enjoy skiing at the foothills of the Himalayas. Snow changes the complete picture as a beautiful landscape with hills covered with sparkling snow.
During the skiing In Kufri activity, trained experts and instructors will keep the check on everyone and they will introduce all the types of gear required with the techniques to use them properly. There are two tracks of 350 meters length and 800 meters for untrained & trained people. The thick sheet of snow in the valley is just the perfect place to try this at. People performing activity will learn to balance, turning and skiing downhill in the snowplow positions, before finally putting all your skills to test. The restaurant is available there for food at an additional cost which one can pay there itself.
How to reach: Kufri, 13 km from Shimla, location can be easily reached by public or private transport which are readily available from Shimla.
Reporting Point- Dhalli Chowk, Kufri
The minimum age required to perform the activity is 15 Years.
Write Your Story
The best time to go skiing in Kufri is between the months of mid-December and February. Kufri has the best snow carpet during this period which makes the place perfect for skiing.
Shimla does not have any direct train or flight or busses to Kufri. The only way to reach Kufri from Shimla is through a rented taxi or cab.
Yes, beginners can also go for skiing in Kufri. The tracks at Kufri are suitable for both trained and untrained people. Some skills that beginners will learn before going for skiing at this location are balancing, turning and downhill skiing in snowplow positions.
No, kids cannot do skiing in Kufri. The minimum age required for skiing activity in Kufri is 15 years. Anyone below the age of 15 years will not be allowed to ski at Kufri.
The reporting point of Kufri skiing Shimla is at Dhalli Chowk from where you will be transferred to Ski location by the activity providers.
The things that you need to carry for Skiing activity in Kufri are:
- Thrillophilia Voucher: The voucher is required to validate your booking.
- Valid Identity Proof: The identity proof is required to validate your identity before you begin with the skiing activity.
- Winter wear: At Kufri, the temperature is very low. Therefore, winter wear will help you escape the cold.
- Sunscreen and Sunglasses: The sunscreen and sunglasses will help you protect from dust and sun during your skiing activity.
- Personal Medicines: In case, there are some personal medicines, you should carry them, along with you.
- Comfortable skiing pants/trousers and shirts: The skiing activity at Kufri is an adventurous activity. Therefore, wearing comfortable clothes will help you do the activity comfortably.
- Camera (optional): To capture the memorable moments.
- Warm gloves and Warm socks: The warm gloves and socks will keep your hands and feet warm in the cold temperature of Kufri.
- Good hiking shoes: Before skiing at Kufri, you will have to walk for some distance. Therefore, good hiking shoes will make it easy for you to move from one place to another during Kufri skiing.
Yes, you can enjoy skiing in Kufri in December which falls during the winter season. In the month of December, Kufri experiences good snow which makes skiing more fun-filled activity.
For your skiing activity at Kufri, you should wear comfortable skiing shirts and pants or trousers. Additionally, you should also carry winter wear, warm gloves and warm socks. The winter wear, warm clothes and warm gloves will save you from the cold climate of Kufri.
The skiing duration in Kufri is around 1 hour. You can choose your slot anytime between 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM as per your convenience.
The cost of skiing activity in Kufri is 900 INR per adult. You can book the skiing activity from Thrillophilia’s website and enjoy the benefits of the best online price. Moreover, you can also reap the benefits of the instant booking confirmation process which provides you with a confirmation voucher within 15 minutes of successful booking.
Yes, skiing at Kufri is safe. The skiing location follows all modern safety protocols. Moreover, the activity includes trained instructors and experts to guide you. You will be introduced to skiing gear by the trained experts. Also, you will learn the basic techniques of skiing first before going for the activity.
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.