Laka Glacier Trek Highlights
- Spend your time soaking in views of Kangra valley and Dhauladhar ranges from the height of 10600 ft.
- Trek through the beautiful terrain covered with rhododendron bushes and oak trees
- Sit around a warm bonfire session with soothing music in the evening and enjoy a fun chit chat session with your squad
- Enjoy the mystical views of sun gently splashing golden lights on the Dhauladhar Ranges from your campsite
- Embark on this adventurous trek to Laka Glacier and mesmerise the view of majestic mountains covered in snow
Laka Glacier Trek Overview
About the trek:
Laka Glacier lies gracefully in the laps of Kangra Valley and enveloped in the mighty Dhauladhar ranges making it a mesmerising trek to indulge in. It gains popularity as a beginner-friendly trek for the terrain is easy to moderate and as it is easily accessible from McLeodganj and Dharamshala it becomes an ideal choice for trekkers. This trek would offer you an adventurous experience and as you reach the top, the panoramic views of snow-covered mountain ranges would be a glorifying scenery to witness.
Start point/Endpoint: Bhagsu Nag Taxi Stand, McLeodganj
Start Time: 10:00 AM (Day 1)
End Time: 2:00 PM (Day 3)
- Stay: Dome tents on sharing basis
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Highly Experienced Guide
- Activities: Trekking & Camping
Total Trekking Distance: 26 km.
Maximum Altitude: 3,200 meters
Temperature: In summers, during the day, the temperature goes from 16 degrees C to 25 degrees C and at night, it goes from 7 degrees C to 10 degrees C.
In winters, during the day, the temperature goes from 14 degrees C to 18 degrees C and at night, it goes from 1 degrees C to 5 degrees C.
ATM: Last ATM is in Mcleodganj
Mobile Network:BSNL/Vodafone works the best in these areas
Trekking gradient: Easy to Moderate
How to reach:
Mcleodganj lies at a distance of around 500 km from Delhi or about 250 km from Chandigarh. You can either reach by your own car or by using public transport such as train, bus or air.
The best option to reach Mcleod Ganj from Delhi is to catch the overnight Volvo. The second and the cheapest option to reach McleodGanj or Triund is to travel by train. One can take a train to Pathankot which takes around 6-7 hours.
More Details about Laka Glacier Trek
Know Before You Go for Laka Glacier Trek
- At Bhagsu Nag Taxi Stand, we have our office where you can get freshened up.
- Dual sharing tents will be available at an additional price.
- Overnight stay will be provided around 2km below the Triund top due to restriction from Authorities.
- On rush days, a couple of tents might be chargeable. The package includes the price of multiple sharing tents.
- Rescheduling Policy - 30% of the booking value will be charged as a rescheduling fee incase if the customer wants to reschedule their booking before 2 days of the date of travel. After or on date of travel booking will not be rescheduled.
- Children below the age of 7 years are not recommended for this trek.
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- The management reserves all the right to modify the trek during any emergencies or natural calamities.
- Consult a physician before undertaking the trek. Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the trek.
- It is recommended to carry enough warm clothes and the right kind of shoes for the trek.
- Pay heed to the trek guides and instructors in order to enjoy a safe and sound trek.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicants during the trek.
- The trek takes place through an eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites. Travellers littering may be fined.
- Water is very precious, so conservation is appreciated.
- Do not encourage trekking during the night unless it is a part of the itinerary and a guide is with you; this might lead to unforeseen mishaps.
- Avoid using earphones during the trek; this might hinder your audibility.
- Avoid using plastic bags and maintain the ecological balance of the destinations.
- In case, the trek needs to be cancelled, the authorities should be informed beforehand.
- Guidelines issued by the State-Government is to be followed. Social distancing to be maintained. Frequent hand sanitization and use of mask recommended.
- Please provide a valid ID at the time of check-in.
- The exact location will be shared with you post-booking.
- Professional guide(s) are available to ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek.
- Neat and clean vehicle for the journey with experienced driver especially for hilly terrains available.
- Permit charges are not included in the package.
- All the activities depend upon the weather.
- Camping is very basic in nature. One must not expect luxuries. Electricity may be available only at a few locations.
- Mobile & laptop charging points may/may not be available on campsites at a common point.
- Any personal expenses, items of personal nature, meals not mentioned, etc. will not be in part of the package.
- Carry dry snacks/food from home (you will save a lot of money). Carry water bottles with you, so that you can refill.
Things To Carry for Laka Glacier Trek
- Toilet paper & wipes
- Back pack (50-60l)
- Water bottle
- Backpack with waterproof linings
- Hiking shoes
- Led torch (with extra batteries)
- Mosquito & insect repellent