Kodachadri Trek Highlights
- Go on an adventurous weekend escapade by trekking to the Kodachadri Peak- the 10th highest peak in Karnataka.
- Hike to the Kodachadri peak situated at a height of 1343 M with a skilled and experienced guide that will make your experience- an interactive and fun one
- Visit the beautiful waterfall along with numerous other spell binding views that fall on your route
- Grasp the magnificent views of the Nagara fort and appreciate its rich heritage and architecture
- Get free pick-up and drop-off to make this trekking trip of you even more convenient and fun
- Enjoy camping at night amidst the wilderness that will raise the bar of your excitement and thrill to another level
Kodachadri Trek Overview
Activity Location: Kodachadri
Pick-up/drop-off points: Indiranagar, Near CMH Park; Domlur, New Shanthi Sagar Hotel, MG Road- opposite to 1 MG Lido Mall, Goraguntepalya Metro station
Activity Timings: 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM (next day)
About the Kodachadri Trekking:
For those who are looking forward to partaking in some adventure next weekend, we offer this 2 days trek to Kodachadri Hills in the Shimoga district. The peak is situated at a height of 1343 M and it is the 10th highest peak in Karnataka dotted by thick forests and rich fauna.
Start the trip from Bangalore after getting picked up from different spots that would be informed prior. Tread along the rugged, challenging and fascinating trails and on the top of the peak, you will see the stunning nature.
Capture the best colours sky shows during the sunset from such an elevation. Visit Shivappanaika's Fort at Nagara and Hidlumane Waterfalls during the trip.
The package includes food, accommodation, a guide, and transportation from Bangalore to the location and returns.
Other Relevant Information about Kodachadri Trekking:
Trek Distance: 14 km (to and fro)
Trek Level: Easy-Moderate
Max Altitude: 1,343 meters above sea level
Trail Type: Dense Tropical Rainforests, Waterfalls, Meadows, and Cliffs
About The Kodachadri Trekking:
- Book this package for an adventurous weekend getaway at Kodachadri near Bangalore.
- Get picked up a night prior in order to reach the starting point of the trek on time. You can avail pick up from the following locations:
- 8.30 PM: Indiranagar, Near CMH Park
- 8.45 PM: Domlur, New Shanthi Sagar Hotel
- 9.00 PM: MG Road, opposite 1 MG Lido Mall
- 9.30 PM: Goraguntepalya Metro station
- Wander through a tranquil 8-hour drive covering approximately 400km through the districts of Tumkur, Shimoga and Nagara.
- Reach by 6 AM and take a rest while enjoying a refreshing and filling breakfast, followed by progressing towards the captivating Kumble Village by 8 AM.
- Appreciate the mesmerizing views that fall in front of you in your path. Cross the picturesque Hidlumane Waterfalls through the beautiful woodlands and witness nature’s excellent glory.
- Acknowledge more about the activity with a brief explanation from the guide about the trek and begin with the enthralling trekking expedition post-lunch.
- Touch the top of the Kodachadri Peak by approximately 3 PM and preview the breathtaking hills and landscapes.
- Enjoy camping at night and revive yourself while you feast on the meals to ease up your hunger.
- Wake up on day 2 and freshen up to relish a hearty breakfast.
- Get ready to explore the heritage beauty to appreciate the heritage beauty of the Shivappa Naik’s Fort, also known as the Nagara fort.
- Depart towards Bangalore and reach Bangalore by 8:30 PM. Get dropped back to Bangalore with lots of fun and thrilling moments.
More Details about Kodachadri Trek
Know Before You Go for Kodachadri Trek
- Timings for meals will be specific which will be informed to you by the guide.
- Pay heed to the guidelines given by the trek leader or instructor in order to enjoy a safe and sound trekking experience.
- Consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicating products is prohibited during Kodachadri trek.
- Consult a physician before undertaking the trek. Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the trek.
- The trek takes place through an eco-friendly zone; we do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites.
- The above pickup and timings as been selected based on the Bangalore traffic Jam and the timings will help the participants to reach on time to the campsite and maintain the time schedule of the trek.
- Participants have to pay for the jeep ride, if opted.
- For safety purposes, a trek is not recommended for women who are more than 3 months pregnant, anyone that has had major surgery, or has a broken leg/arm, has chronic back or neck pains, etc.
- Because of any reason natural or personal, if the trek or a particular activity is not completed, no refund will be processed