Impressive experience! Mostly trek happens in day time but this was different in which we did our trekking at night. Our tour guide was very informativ...
Easy meeting at the pickup point, The transport was nice and spacious, The trek was easy and fun had an enjoyable moonlight and stargazing, The guide w...
Location: Katraj, Maharashtra
Departure/Return Point: Kinara Hotel, Near Katraj PMT bus stop, Pune.
Timing: 9:00 PM to 8:00 AM
The Katraj to Sinhagad night trek is a famous trekking route which consists of the amazing beauty of a range of mountains and hills. This trek is great both for both amateur and professional trekkers and people looking to spend some soothing and adventurous time in nature.
The Katraj to Sinhagad night trek begins from the Katraj Tunnel Top (Old) from where you would proceed towards a chain of mountains and trek for a distance of 16 km to Sinhagad, which is famous for many prominent battles.
The Katraj to Sinhagad night trek experience lets you witness the picturesque beauty of the mountains with enjoying the soothing breeze of the full moon night. The package also includes breakfast and tea that you can savour on to fulfil your appetite.
Suitable for: People above 11 years of age, family and friends.
How to Reach
You will be picked up from the Kinara Hotel in Pune. You can easily reach the pick-up point with the help of convenient public and private transportation.
Not recommended for pregnant women and children below 11 years of age.
Join a Group
Write Your Story
Rated : 5.0
Impressive experience! Mostly trek happens in day time but this was different in which we did our trekking at night. Our tour guide was very informative and careful towards the traveler in which kept asking us from time to time that we are okay or not. The walk was interesting in which one traveler leads us to sing and we all start to sings and enjoyed the journey reaching the top of Sinhagad was nice and in the early morning the sunrise was breathtaking with the view, we had good photos at this place. The complimentary breakfast was taste good!
Rated : 5.0
Easy meeting at the pickup point, The transport was nice and spacious, The trek was easy and fun had an enjoyable moonlight and stargazing, The guide was knowledgable shared with us the amazing history of the place, Nice tasty breakfast.
Rated : 4.0
A very exciting trek as this trek occurred at night sound very adventurous right. Nice and unbelievable experience with friends.
The departure location & timings for Katraj To Sinhagad Night Trek are:
Departure/Return Point: Kinara Hotel, Near Katraj PMT bus stop, Pune
Departure Time: 9:00 pm Please make sure to arrive 15 min before the departure time.
Katraj to Sinhagad trek is famous as K2S trek. The trek starts from Katraj tunnel and ends at Sinhgad Fort. Total distance cover is approx. 17 km crossing 16 hills with heavy ups and downs and slippery ascending,
The duration of Katraj To Sinhagad Night Trek is of one night. The trek route from Katraj to Sinhagad is a famous trek route with the picturesque beauty of a series of mountains and hills.
Private Transportation from Katraj to Starting point of the Night Trek is included in the package.
Things to carry for Katraj To Sinhagad Night Trek are:
- Water is not available anywhere in this route, due to the exhaustive nature of this route; make sure to carry at least 3 litres of water per person.
- Heavy rains are expected in the monsoon season (June-September) in Maharashtra so please double pack your valuables to save them from getting wet.
- Head/Hand Torch with Spare battery set
- Wear comfortable skin-friendly clothes and a pair of good trekking shoes. There is nothing more terrible than meandering in painful and awkward shoes. (Please avoid sneakers, canvas shoes having flat soles as there are high chances of slipping)
- Snacks to eat (e.g. bread rolls, chips or any natural product or whatever else which is lightweight and doesn't consume a lot of room in your pack)
- Personal Toiletries and your medication. Regardless of whether you are not on any prescription, make a point to convey a few drugs for cerebral pain, stomachache and a few bandages.
- Camera to capture beautiful scenic beauty during trekking
- Electoral/ Glucon-d to boost energy
- A sweater/warm wear/rainwear (as per the weather on the trek day)
- Backpack to carry your belongings (please avoid sling bags)
- Cap, Sunglasses to protect your skin and eyes from Uv Rays
- Plastic bags
The ideal time to visit Sinhagad would be during the monsoon season and winter season.
- By Bus: The PMT bus stop is very close to the departure point. You can easily get buses to reach the desired location.
- By Train: Pune is well-connected by rail as well. Trains to Pune are available from all major railway stations in India. Some of the popular Pune trains are Pune Duronto Express, Puducherry Express and Tirunelveli Express. From here, you can easily get a taxi to reach the location. Alternatively, the passengers will get the bus services from Pune railway station.
- By Flight: The nearest airport is Pune international airport, at a distance of 19 km. From here you can easily get a taxi /cab to reach Kinara Hotel near the bus stop.
Yes, Sinhagad Trek is totally safe and trouble free. An experienced guide will be close by your side all the time to guarantee maximum security. Pay attention to the tour leaders or instructors to enjoy a safe and sound experience. The trekking course is sheltered, guided and efficient with most extreme security for the visitors. In monsoon time, one needs to be extra cautious of the slippery patches.
The towns here are entirely remote, roaming during the nights is not permitted without our permission. Despite the safety measures that are set up, it is best to remain careful and keep track of one's surroundings and belongings.
Meals which I get at Katraj To Sinhagad Night Trek are:
Katraj To Sinhagad Night Trek is a moderate to difficult level trek. The trekking distance is a challenging task because of the steep trails and many hills in between. Sometimes descending due to the loose gravel in a few patches generally takes around 6-9 hours to complete the trek depending on an individual's fitness level.
Perched on an isolated cliff of the Bhuleshwar range of the Sahyadri Mountains, Sinhadgad is situated on a hill rising 1312 meters above sea level.
Katraj To Sinhagad Night Trek costs INR 999 per adult. Known as Kondana, It is strategically located at the centre of a string of other forts such as Rajgad, Purandar and Torna crossing about 16 hills.The night trek offers breathtaking views of the city skyline, especially on a full moon night. The views are so enchanting, and the sunrise makes it all worth the hard work to climb the hills. The fort has been very important in the History of Pune for various reasons.
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.