About the space and location:
Check-in Time: 12:00 PM
Check-out Time: 11:00 AM
Bestowed upon with indescribable natural beauty and a clean and well-maintained infrastructure that also houses the command office of Garhwal Rifles of Indian Army, the place offers everything camping and trekking to leisurely walks and lazy sunsets. A cottage surrounded by ancient oak trees, the stay offers two floors laced with comfort, luxury, and a vintage charm. The wide patio on the ground floor too offers scenic views that you cannot get enough of.
About the rooms:
If your idea of a holiday is to be amidst a mix of nature and luxury, you have reached the right destination.
- The Reading Room is a spacious bedroom on the first floor that comes with a dressing table, room cupboards, floor lamp, sofa, a double bed, and opens into a shared balcony and a shared lounge area.
- The Wordsmith Room is another spacious bedroom on the first floor that comes with a dressing table, well-stocked library, a writing table with a typewriter, a reclining sofa, a double bed, and opens into a shared balcony and a shared lounge area.
- The Writehouse Apartment is a spacious apartment on the ground floor that comes with an open kitchen, two bedrooms each with a double bed, and a dining area. The apartment opens to a wide terrace with beautiful views of Lansdowne.
The rooms are laced with amenities like AC, WiFi, running hot & cold water, tea/coffee maker, electric blanket, and more. They each have an ensuite bathroom and can accommodate up to 2 guests in each room.
A hearty scrumptious breakfast is included in the package and you also get a 20% off on food bills when ordered from the in-house kitchen. Guests can also try their hands at cooking here.
- Take a stroll around the stay, indulge in leaf art, document your nature walk by taking photographs, sketch whatever strikes you there, or just sit down to enjoy your favourite book
- Head out to Snow Viewpoint or Hawaghar for amazing sceneries
- Enjoy hiking, trekking or camping in the woods while in Lansdowne
- Take a trip to Bhulla Taal which is a small and quiet man-made lake maintained by Indian Army. A boat tour of this picturesque lake amidst lazy swimming ducks and agile rabbits hopping around the banks is fun.
- A trip to Tiffin Top, is a must when here. A serene place situated on the ridge close to St. Mary’s Church, it offers a panoramic view of surrounding Shivalik Hills and snow covered the Himalayas.
- Visit the famous Tarkeshwar Mahadev Temple, St John Church, and the St Mary’s Church
- The area attracts a wide variety of migratory birds and is ideal for bird watching
- The Kalagarh Tiger Reserve is one of the most significant tiger reserves in India and also gives a chance to experience jungle safari
About access to common areas:
Guests have access to the entire cottage
About safety and hygiene:
- The retreat has increased the frequency of cleaning public areas (including the lobby, doorknobs, common washrooms, etc.)
- Hand gloves being used when carrying out cleaning work and when handling waste
- The rooms and the entire stay is deep cleaned before every check in and post every check out
- There are antibacterial hand sanitizers available throughout the property
- Social distancing is maintained
- Daily temperature monitoring of the staff
About its accessibility:
The stay is around 125 KM from Shivpuri and around 60 KM from the Dehradun Airport.
Write Your Story
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.