About the space and location:
Check-in Time: 12:00 PM
Check-out Time: 11:00 AM
Built in the 1920s, designed in an Indo-British style, the house is surrounded by the majestic snow-clad Himalayan Dhauladhar mountains. It incorporates a special feature of patterned tiles throughout the cottage, a treat for heritage lovers. The patio offers comfortable seating and a view of the lush green garden that are well-maintained and are home to several exotic birds found in the valley. The lawn extends to the sloping tea gardens with a variety of beautiful old trees that give a magical wooded atmosphere to the surroundings.
The living room here is an inviting space with some antique furniture, large french doors, leading out into the patio, and with delicate wooden detailing on the ceiling that add to the early-century charm. The two bedrooms carry the same simplicity and sophistication.
About the rooms:
The house offers two bedrooms, each with a double bed, a dressing space, ample space for an extra bed, and an en-suite washroom. The rooms open to the lawns, bringing in the sweet smell of the flowers and the crisp mountain air. Each room can accommodate a max of 3 guests.
Guests can either cook their own meals in the well-equipped kitchen here or enjoy the meals prepared by the home cook (who's known to cook a few amazing local delicacies) on prior notice at an additional cost.
- Enjoy a leisurely walk in the sloping tea estates around the stay
- Visit the many Tibetan Buddhist Monasteries like Chokling Monastery, Sherabling Monastery, and Tashi Jong here to get a closer look into their culture, philosophy and art
- Experience walking the ancient trails used by Gaddi shepherds (nomadic herders)
- Later, enjoy the cool breeze sitting in the picturesque verandah while sipping tea
- Head out to Billing, one of the best spots for paragliding
- Check out the Andretta Artist Village, a place of interest for art lovers
- Tie your shoelaces for a Bir Billing day hike that takes you along a small pretty valley with a mountain stream for some company
- Enjoy hiking in the Kangra Valley where the Dhauladhar range flanks the valley and provide some breathtaking views of the Himalayas
- Go sightseeing in Dharamshala where lies the Dalai Lamas headquarters. While here, visit the Norbulingka Tibetan craft centre and gardens, the Dalai Lama Monastery, and go shopping for crafts in the Mcloedganj market.
About access to common areas:
Guests have access to the entire property including the outdoors
About safety and hygiene:
- The retreat has increased the frequency of cleaning public areas (including the lobby, doorknobs, common washrooms, etc.)
- Hand gloves being used when carrying out cleaning work and when handling waste
- The rooms and the entire stay is deep cleaned before every check-in and post every check-out
- There are antibacterial hand sanitizers available throughout the property
- Social distancing is maintained
- Daily temperature monitoring of the staff
The homestay is around 18 km from Bir and 11 KM from Palampur. It can be reached using any private cab/car transportation.
Write Your Story
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.