Pick-Up & Drop
Trip Location: Mcleodganj
Start point & Endpoint: Hotel / Desired Location within 5km of city limits
Timings: 10:00 AM-3:00 PM
Snuggled in the Shivaliks, Mcleodganj, and Dharamshala are the popular tourist places in India, known for its monasteries, temples, lakes, and Tibetan settlements. This half-day tour will give you a glimpse of all these spots.
Start the sightseeing tour with a friendly and experienced driver who knows the routes well. The tour is suggestible to be started early in the morning after breakfast to avoid missing any spot. Select from the wide-varieties of the vehicles available and kick start your day for an amazing experience.
Places Covered in Dharamshala Mcleodganj Sightseeing Tour:
1. Dalai Lama temple- As Dalai Lama visits this temple twice or thrice every year to preach and bless, the temple gets its name as Dalai Lama Temple.
2. Dal lake- Located at the height of 1775 meters above the sea level, the Dal Lake is a small yet picturesque lake surrounded by rugged mountains and towering deodar trees and is a marvelous place to be at.
3. Bhagsu nag temple- The Temple is believed to be an ancient temple where Lord Shiva had prevailed himself. Hence, this temple is a much-worshipped place for its exciting history and sacredness.
4. St.john church- This magnificent church is built amid the picturesque valley of Mcleodganj and is a monument dedicated to Lord Elgin, one of the viceroys of India, who was buried here in 1863 A.D.
5. Naddi viewpoint- Located in Kangra valley, Naddi viewpoint is a Perfect location to view massive Dhauladhar Range at such a close distance, no walking or trekking involved, no more stress on knees.
Alto, Indica, Swift Dzire, and Etios
Suitable for 2-4 passengers
Tavera, Xylo, and Innova
Suitable for 4-6 passengers
Write Your Story
Rated : 5.0
Visiting temples in this tour was informative and divine as well. Seeing the architecture and worshipping there was great but knowing about the history of the temple was much more interesting and fun. The lord shiva temple was truly enchanting and the positive feeling around the temple was incredible. The visit to church was also informative and it was peaceful visiting that. The viewpoint was the best place in the entire itinerary as the views are really breathtaking. We enjoyed it so much during this tour.
The ideal time to visit Dharamshala Mcleodganj is during summer and spring season from February to June because of the pleasant weather with a maximum temperature of 25 degrees Celsius. If you are a snow lover then winter season is also the best time to visit because snowfall during winters makes the valley look much more beautiful.
Monsoon season is not quite recommended as the region receives heavy downpour annually. It is advisable to avoid visiting during July and August due to the heavy rainfall.
There are various attractions will be covered in Dharamshala Mcleodganj sightseeing tour:
- Dalai Lama Temple: This temple is located very close to the residence of Dalai Lama and stands as an important pilgrimage spot. You can listen to his preaching if you are lucky enough.
- Dal Lake: This lake is filled with greenish water and is shielded by the rugged mountains & forest of deodar trees.
- Bhagsu Nag Temple: This ancient Hindu temple dedicated to Bhagsu Nag, the snake god, and to Lord Shiva. Pilgrims used to take a holy dip flows through the temple.
- St John Church: This church lies in a dense jungle between Mcleodganj and Forsythganj and the monument is dedicated to Lord Elgin.
- Naddi viewpoint: It is a beautiful spot in the serene setting of Himachal and is a well-known place for its trekking experience.
It will take 5 hours to complete Dharamshala Mcleodganj sightseeing tour where you will be picked-up at 10:00 AM from your hotel or any desired location within 5km of city limits. A professional driver cum well-versed guide will pick you up in a comfortable air-conditioned car. This half-day tour will take you to monasteries, temples, lakes, and Tibetan settlements. If you wish you extend your tour time then an additional cost will be charged.
Visiting all the attractions are subject to the time taken by the visitors in each place and extra charges of tour extension are supposed to be paid directly to the driver in cash on the ground.
Yes, a well-versed guide will be allotted to you on your sightseeing tour to Dharamshala. The guide will also be a professional driver and knows the routes well who will take you to monasteries, temples, lakes, and Tibetan settlements.
Yes, the pick-up and drop-off services are available from the hotel. You will be picked up by a professional driver cum guide at 10:00 AM from your hotel /desired Location within 5km of city limits. You get to start the sightseeing tour with a friendly and experienced driver who knows the routes well. Then, you will be dropped off to your hotel or any of your desired location within 5km of city limits at 3:00 PM.
There are various options available for the Dharamshala Mcleodganj sightseeing tour based on your
requirements. The variants that are offered are:
- Suitable for 2 to 4 passengers
- Available models are Alto, Indica, Swift Dzire, and Etios
- Suitable for 4 to 6 passengers
- Available models are Tavera, Xylo, and Innova
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.