Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
About the space and location:
Check-in Time: 12:00 PM
Check-out Time: 11:00 AM
Constructed at the turn of the last century, this homestay is one of the older surviving residences of Shimla complete with a well-maintained lawn and views that will leave you spellbound. The design of the stay is an adaptation from an English architectural book by R.A. "Bungalow" Briggs, a copy of which is still present in the house. While the building maintains the traditional Dhajji Dewari architecture it was built in, it has all modern amenities that grant a comfortable stay.
While here, do not miss out on the chance to have dinner under the star-lit sky. The numerous activities that one can indulge in adds to the joy of staying here.
About the Rooms:
Offering panoramic views of the mountains, the three bedrooms here are spacious and each comes with a private fireplace.
- Oak Tree Room: Named for the room looks onto an oak tree, this twin-bedded room houses a rare and complete set of "The Historian's History of the World" in its original bookcase. A turn of the century Bakhtiari carpet adorns the floor here that lends it a royal charm.
- Tara Room: This double room faces the Tara Devi mountain and is home to some lovely furniture including an antique four-poster and a carved wooden settee. The framed woodcuts, an Ersari Filpaya carpet, a Khotan and an Afghan carpet complete the look here.
- Bay Window Room: A single room overlooking the oak and rhododendron forest, it is decorated in shades of yellow. This warm cheerful room has two exceptionally lovely carpets-a Kilim and a rather special cotton Agra Jail.
All the bedrooms have free wifi, electric blankets, hot water bottles, radiators, electronic safes, mini-refrigerators, tea and coffee making facilities, filtered drinking water, hairdryers, along with ensuite washroom. Each can accommodate 2 guests at a time.
The package includes breakfast (four-course American or Indian style) and dinner, and you can order lunch at an additional cost. The dining room here opens onto a small verandah and the front garden. The food is served in exquisite collectable China-ware with old, beautifully maintained silverware that adds to the charm of staying in such a luxury property.
- Enjoy the eclectic collection of books and films here
- Do visit the open-air ice skating rink during peak winters
- As the sun sets, enjoy a warm bonfire under a star-lit sky
- Visit the Rashtrapati Niwas, formerly known as Viceregal Lodge, to explore ancient articles and photographs going back to the times of the British rule in India
- Head out to check out the Jakhu Hill, at an elevation of 2,455 m above the sea level, said to be the highest peak in Shimla
- Visit the Jakhoo Temple, an ancient temple dedicated to the Hindu deity Hanuman, situated on Jakhoo Hill
- Check out the Christ Church, the second oldest church in North India
- You can also visit the Kali Bari Mandir, a Hindu temple situated on Bantony Hill, dedicated to the fearsome reincarnation of Goddess Kali, known as Shyamala, after which the Shimla city is named
- Nothing like enjoying the Kalka – Shimla toy train ride. The old railway line along the mountains paints a tranquil picture of the place.
- Enjoy rafting at Tattapani, nestled on the banks of Satluj
- Head out to visit the tranquil Chadwick waterfall
- If arms and ammunition excite you, you must visit the Army Museum located in Annandale
- Indulge in adventure sports like paragliding, mountain biking, and more
About access to common areas:
Guests have access to the entire property as well as the outdoors
About safety and hygiene:
- The retreat has increased the frequency of cleaning public areas (including the lobby, doorknobs, common washrooms, etc.)
- Hand gloves being used when carrying out cleaning work and when handling waste
- The rooms and the entire stay is deep cleaned before every check-in and post every check-out
- There are antibacterial hand sanitizers available throughout the property
- Social distancing is maintained
- Daily temperature monitoring of the staff
The stay is around 1 KM from the Shimla Railway Station and 2 KM from the local bus stand. Guests can easily reach the stay using any public or private transportation.
Write Your Story
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.