Bhabha Pass Trek Highlights
- Witness the drama as the landscape changes from lush greens to deserted mountains
- Enjoy the stunning vistas and the Kashmir-like meadows of Karah
- Savour the enchanting sights of turquoise waters of Chandratal Lake ringed by high mountains
- Travel through some of the remotest hamlets in the state of Himachal
Bhabha Pass Trek Overview
About Pin Bhabha Pass Trek-
Bhabha Pass Trek is usually confused with the Pin Parvati trek. Both the treks are equally difficult and stunning at the same time. The maximum altitude that you will attain while trekking to Bhabha Pass will be approximately 16,125 feet. Bhabha Pass trek becomes somewhat similar to the trekking in Kashmir with rough desert-like regions encircled by the towering mountains on all sides. But this Bhaba Pass trek also shows vast open grassland where you can camp, beautiful forests, and thrilling landscapes at some points.
While trekking from Mulling to Kara, you will go through some of the adventurous moments like river crossing and nature walk.
Bhabha Pass trek trail opens up to the ethereal charms of Himachal Pradesh. Proud peaks and stunning river valleys of the region appear as if it was made for adventure. Along with alpine adrenaline, the state also appeals to a rich Himachali culture and Buddhist monasteries.
Maximum Altitude: 16,125 ft.
Difficulty Grade: Moderate
Total Trek Distance: 48 km
Temperature: 13°C to 18°C and Night: 0°C to -7°C
Best Time to Travel: Mid-May to September
Base Camp: Kafnu
Start point: Shimla
Nearest Railway Station: Shimla Railway Station
ATM: Rampur has the last ATM point before your trek begins.
How to Reach Kafnu:
By Air: Chandigarh International Airport is one of the major airports in North India. All Major Flights are connected from different states of India and International too.
By Rail: The Chandigarh railway station is approximately 8 kilometers from the city center. The railway station has regular trains connecting it with different Indian cities. Jan Shatabdi, Shatabdi, and Himalayan queen connect it with New Delhi. Paschim Express, Chennai Express, Sadbhavna express, and Kerala Sampark Kranti are other important trains plying at the route connecting Chandigarh with other cities.
By Road: It takes about 04:00 hours to reach Shimla from Chandigarh. The buses from Chandigarh to Shimla run by RSRTC and are frequently available on daily basis.
Shimla to Kafnu drive is a 6-hour drive from Shimla and Kafnu is the base camp for your trek. Shared Cabs are available.
1. Accommodation – You will be staying in tents for 7 nights of the trek (3 people/tent). Room/tent is separate for the male and female participants.
2. Meals – (Breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner). We provide simple, nutritious vegetarian food on all days of the trek
3. Camping charges – All trekking permits and forest camping charges are included for Indians.
4. Trekking equipment – High-quality tents and sleeping bags in all the camps. Sleeping bags can withstand temperatures as low as -10 ºC.
5. Safety equipment – First aid kit, oxygen cylinders, oximeter, etc. will be with guide/trek leader and at the campsite as well to deal with emergencies.
6. Expert trek Leaders – All our trek leaders are at least qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering and first aid course.
7. Expert Trek support team – The mountain staff on this trek consists of certified guides, cooks, helpers, and porters.
Available Group Departures:
• May: 16, 22, 23, 29,30
• June: 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27
• July: 3, 4, 10, 11, 17, 18, 24, 25, 31
• Aug: 1, 7, 8, 14, 15. 21, 22, 28, 29
• Sep: 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26
• Oct: 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24,30, 31
[ Note: If you are a group of 4 or more people then the dates can be customized]
More Details about Bhabha Pass Trek
Know Before You Go for Bhabha Pass Trek
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- Consult a physician before undertaking the trek. Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the trek.
- It is recommended to carry enough warm clothes and the right kind of shoes for the trek.
- Pay heed to the trek guides and instructors in order to enjoy a safe and sound trek
- Avoid consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicants during the trek.
- The trek takes place through an eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites. Travelers littering may be fined.
- Do not encourage trekking during the night unless it is a part of the itinerary and a guide is with you; this might lead to unforeseen mishaps.
- Avoid using plastic bags and maintain the ecological balance of the destinations.
- Guidelines issued by the State-Government are to be followed. Social distancing to be maintained. Frequent hand sanitization and use of mask is recommended.
- Professional guide(s) are available to ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek.
- Any personal expenses, items of personal nature, meals not mentioned, etc. will not be in part of the package.
- Carry dry snacks/food from home (you will save a lot of money). Carry water bottles with you, so that you can refill.
- Keep your luggage minimum; the more you carry, the more you hassle.
- Please carry a valid ID proof.
- The exact location of the the starting point of the trek will be shared post booking.
Things To Carry for Bhabha Pass Trek
- Toilet paper & wipes
- Back pack (50-60l)
- Water bottle
- Fleece jackets and thermals
- Hiking shoes
- Woollen cap, socks, mittens & scarf