Places to Visit During Manali Leh Road Trip
The views are all paradisiacal and the adventures are always one peak. Be it skiing in the Solang Valley or Paragliding, each one of them is victualed at this destination. This spot is toured by vacationers all around the year and the beauty of this slice of Himalayas never fades away.
Best Offers on Ladakh Tour Packages: Enquire Now
On the Manali to Leh road trip, get spectacular and panoramic views from the Rohtang Pass. Located 51km from Manali, at an altitude of 3900m, it is a route that leads to places such as Pangi, Lahaul Spiti and Leh. You get views of beautiful snow-capped peaks and glaciers from here. It is in this vicinity that the Chandra River flows too.
Just before getting to Rohtang Pass there is a Snow Point. You can enjoy yourself playing in the snow at this place. Open between June and October you can enjoy sledge rides and skiing during this time.
Also, check out best resorts to stay in Manali
Whether you want to enjoy scenic walks through laid-back villages or enjoy grand mountain views, Keylong is the place to be. Alongside this place is the resplendent Bhaga Valley with its riches of greenery. Being the capital city of Lahaul, Keylong is a popular stop while going to Manali to Ladakh among the tourists and trekkers for an overnight stay.
More than this, it is adored as an oasis of greenery that has all the reasons to amaze the visitors. On a visit to Keylong, you can also visit monasteries such as Shasur and Gemur.
A scenic and picturesque stretch of land, Jispa is located beside the Chandra River. Journey to this hamlet is one of the fascinating trails of the Manali – Leh tour. Decorated naturally by streams, scenic peaks, picturesque valleys and lush greeneries, it gets the visitors close to the Mother Nature.
Due to its location; around 10,000ft above the sea level, it offers panoramic views of the surrounding like no other regions. A perfect setting for an overnight stay, there are numerous camping destinations in this village. While in this settlement, the different marvels of the nature will surely keep you spellbound.
Visit a picturesque Himalayan village called Darcha located beside the Bhaga River. From Keylong this place is around 23km. There is a huge camping ground available at Darcha which is commonly used as a camping ground by the tourists while going from Manali to Ladakh.
Among all the enthralling treks in Leh Ladakh region, the Darcha-Padum trek is the most popular. If you have enough time during your Manali-Leh tour, you can plan this 9-10 days trek and experience a world never seen or imagined before.
A peace-over joint located on the way to Ladakh; between Jispa and Sarchu, Zingzing Bar is one of the highest roadside bars in the world. Well, don’t go by its name! More than bar, it is a resting ground of the army cadets and the exhausted travellers. None of the Manali to Leh road trips can get complete without a visit to this bar.
This place has an ambience that is almost on the verge of meditative bliss. You can simply sit and sip your tea and be at peace with yourself. The charisma of this place is such that, within a very few moments, you can feel all the peace descending on you.
Towering at over 16,000 feet, from Baralacha La, you can see the three valleys that surround it. Dividing the Bhaga and Yunam Rivers, this place is a starting point for the popular Suraj Tal trek.
Located on the Manali – Leh highway and surrounded by the Himalayan range is a beautiful region called Sarchu. Locally known as ‘Sir Bhum Chum’, it is a perfect destination for camping and overnight stay, you can enjoy a night’s sleep amidst a treasure trove of scenery. There are various camps in Sarchu where you can stay and enjoy.
At an altitude of 14300 feet, expect the winds to be cooler than usual, but refreshing nevertheless! You are encompassed by picture-perfect scenic quotients. The sight of the majestic mountains overlooking you from a distance is equally thrilling; the experience is inexplicable and surreal.
Not many people know of this place except for those who have been on the road from Manali –Leh. Anyone who has been to Gata Loops would describe it as a stunning region nestled in the Western Himalayas. Getting to this place and getting out of it is as thrilling as well and it is one of the amazing places to go while traveling from Manali to Ladakh.
There are about twenty one winding curves along the road from Gata Loops. Adding to the adventurous sojourn, is its high altitude. Once you get here, you do feel like being at 17,000 feet above sea level, given the crispness of the winds and diffused sunlight. As you travel along the hairpin bends and curves, feel the adrenaline rush of being challenged by the terrain.
Located on the Leh-Manali route, this is a mountain pass at about 16,000 feet above sea level. From here you get undulating views of the scenery beyond. You can see the entire Ladakh plateau in some sweeping glance of your eyes. Located 54 km from Sarchu, this mountain pass is considered a relatively easy route to traverse.
There is a Nala that passes through this place and simply moving alongside can accomplish your task of crossing this pass. After crossing Lachulung La, the landscape changes where the road meanders through a canyon.
This is the place where the highest army transit camp exists. Traditionally a stop for the armed forces, Pang is now a stop for tourists as well. The scenery of this place is breathtakingly different.
The high altitude of this place combined by beautiful surrounding scenery makes Pang a perfect place to take a break whilst on the tour. Being a remote region, one is assured to enjoy the vistas of naturalistic delights.
One of the highest mountain passes in the Leh Ladakh region, the Tanglang La pass is like a jewel in the crown on the Manali – Leh stretch. Claimed to be the second highest motorable mountain pass on the planet, your ascent from here is unceasingly upwards. It is like driving towards the clouds given that they are so close as well.
Along the way, the snow-clad mountains will mesmerize you for sure. During the journey through this high-altitude place, you can witness the Tso Kar Lake behind the gigantic mountains.
Located along the Indus River and 45 km southeast of Leh, is a quaint and picturesque village called Upshi. Towards the east of this region is an ancient trading route that is connected to Tibet. There is also a helipad on this route that is used by helicopter-borne tourists and the armed forces.
As the main economic activity around this region is goat farming, you can witness the goat farmers and their livestock in abundance all through the way. Tiny villages cocooned within the region adds to the pristine and surreal beauty of Upshi. Nothing short of bliss, living and staying in this paradisiacal village is indeed a privilege!
Though the terrains are not that easy and the weather is also harsh, but these factors cannot keep away the adventure lovers. Owning a number of panoramic views of the snow-covered mountains and picturesque surroundings this place is a true delight for the eyes and soul alike.
Must Visit Places in Ladakh
A lifetime experience of biking in Ladakh is the prime reason for the unending flood of bike riders toward the spot. From the month of May to October, the pass would support any kind of travellers but during winter it poses threats as thick covers of snow makes it tough yet undeniably beautiful. Winters in Ladakh is extremely cold and it covers most of the places in Ladakh with snow.
The visitors of the stupa have to climb a breathless steep of 500 steps to cover the altitude of 3609 meters or can be accessed by a vehicle as well. You can ambulate around the shorter, meditate by sitting inside where an amicable yet quiet ambiance is prevailing and pray.
Nubra Skat speakers form the majority of the inhabitants of this tri-armed valley, and most of them are Buddhists as well. Once a famous trade route between India and China, this magnanimous cold desert have lush vegetation especially due to the presence of the confluence of the rivers.
Despite being the fact that it is completely frozen during winter, Pangong Lake or Pangong Tso, 135 KM in length steals any beholder’s heart undoubtedly. Stretching across an area of 604 sq.km, majority of the lake lies in China but Indians who visit the Himalayan ranges never miss out the opportunity to visit Pangong Lake. It is a separate land locked river basin with saline water in it and geography says that it contains no fish and microorganisms.
But the visitors of the lake spotted different types of ducks and some other birds and it proves that the lake has been acting as the laying bed for breeding for many avifauna. Hushed by the mighty Himalayan ranges so well, the lake appears as an unforgettable image forever.
Tso Moriri Lake
Changthang Range in the Himalayas proudly possesses a valuable yet enticing attraction called Tso Moriri Lake, one of the calm and sacred high altitude lakes in Ladakh. Being complimented as a beholder’s paradise, Tso Moriri is the largest high altitude lake in India, flanked by the lofty mountains in its surrounding, bearing 29 KM length and 8 KM width. Camping is also done around the Tso Moriri.
The lake is considered to be a preserved wetland by the Government now as it lays bed for many birds to breed over here. Apart from that, the lake remains harsh during winter but all the other times it boasts of its splendid beauty and extends a romantic feel everywhere around. From Leh, there is a direct route to reach the lake that can consume around 6-7 hours easily, but depending on your travel itinerary.
Though it can be argued by saying it is because of gravity, the experienced ones are suggesting you turn your vehicle to the opposite direction and repeat the same. To surprise you, the vehicle will start moving uphill; if gravity is the force here how a vehicle can climb the steep hill without its driving force on. This mysterious hill has gained monstrous popularity among trekkers, travelers, and hippies.
Royal Leh Palace
It has nine stories, but the most remarkable part is the venture to the rooftop to behold the expensive views of the immaculate nature around. There are more in its base to throw your eyes at; the Namgyal Stupa, Chandazik Gompa, Chamba Lhakhang etc.
Along with the black-necked cranes, the marshland near the lake is a haven for multiple other migratory bird species. During summer, near the lake, you can see a number of tents which would be inhabited by the nomadic tribes of Khampas and they defeat the winter by living in stone huts during heavy winter.
The history of Lamayuru dates back to the medieval period of India but the land the monastery is positioned has a lengthy historical legend to be told that relates to the period of Buddha. A mammoth rock structure holds this oldest monastery, 125 KM away from Leh and at a height of 3510 meters. Two masked dance festivals held annually are an added feature of the monastery which is one of the famous festivals of Ladakh.
Apart from the deciphered details, there is no clarity and authentic details about the history of Alchi monuments and the other two villages existing in the complex, Mandyu and Sumda Chun. There are more than the wall paintings which make the monastery alluring; like the wood carvings and an elaborate art-work compared to the Baroque style.
This is termed as the second largest statue in Ladakh. The palace near to the monastery holds only some ruins for namesake now but still it attracts a number of visitors towards it. An umpteen number of wall paintings depicting the image of Buddha add more charm to the monastery though the architectural style of the whole monastery has been noted by critics and historians in a detailed manner.
Hemis National Park
More than 1600 inhabitants are living outside the park and majority of them are pastoralists. Despite being a traverse destination, no motorable vehicles are allowed inside the park. To spot the majestic snow leopards, visitors have to arrive there in late winters which are incomparable tough and cold.
Understanding the valuable influence of those preachings and in order to protect the extremely precious knowledge, there is a tantric institute as well in the name of Namgyal Monastery. Mainstream Buddhism is the domain the students learn here through which the prescribed rites and practices will be generated to the upcoming sets of people as well.
Overly 100 monks are in the Gompa, praying, paying tribute to the Goddess and meditating. Gustor Festival conducted annually in the 11th month of the Tibetan Calendar has an unparalleled significance. The whole gompa is lulled by the pristine Himalayan mountains; at an elevation of 3307 meters it exists. Along with the ancient temples, newly constructed temples in the Gompa bring forth a stunning view.
Nimmu Village is the neighbour of this unique confluence. How anyone can defy the glittering dark blue rivers carrying themselves in utmost beauty shimmering with the reflections of the surrounding snow-clad peaks.
Gurudwara Pathar Sahib
A rock structure symbolising the demon praying was the only remaining at the place and as a tribute to the mighty powers of the Guru, the temple was erected at the location, Nimmu Chilling.
The Hall of Fame
The preserved items in the museum commemorates those soldiers everyday and 1 30 minute film introduces the visitor to the realities about Kargil War. The two extensive rooms in the museum have a lot to share, a well-presented note of Ladakhi history and culture as well.
Due to its resemblances to the Potala Palace in Tibet, Thiksey have attained fast recognition from all over the world. One point cannot be missed out is the statue of Maitreya, 15 meters high, the largest statue in Ladakh and it covers the two stories of the buildings.
The interiors of the monastery have enough reasons to boasts a lifetime since they are unalloyed beauties and examples of pure artistic talents. Images of Buddha being carved and painted on the walls determine the value of this gompa undying for centuries coming.
Have a look at this weather guide of Ladakh and prepare yourself for the chilling yet soothing atmosphere.
The Tibetan style construction with numerous frescos and murals make the monastery different. The parental authority of the gompa remains in the hands of the yellow sect of Buddhist or commonly called Gelugpa order and they deified the idol of Tsong Khapa. An immaculate nature not yet competing with anything else in the surroundings can magnify the experiences people expect to have here.
An adorable interior decorated by numerous gold statues and stupas enhanced by the precious yet rare stones. The venerated Lord Padmasambhava has a significant role to play with the monastery; the annual festival dedicated to him. It falls on the month of May or June. This 11th century born (approximately) monastery has gone through multiple destructions and conquests.
Things to Know during Manali to Leh Trip
Petrol Pumps on Manali – Leh Highway
While in Manali, you can find abundance of petrol pumps. This hill station town has a total of 6 petrol pumps.2) Tandi
Moving 110 km from Manali, you can find a petrol pump in Tandi.
Distance from Manali to Tandi: 110 Kms3) Karu
345 km from Tandi and 30km before Leh, you can also refuel your vehicles in Karu.
Distance from Tandi to Karu: 345kms4) Leh
Arriving in Leh, one can also find quite a few petrol pumps. In addition to the few petrol pumps in Leh, you can refuel your vehicles at the petrol pump near the Leh Airport (25 km from Leh).
Distance from Karu to Leh: 30kms
Note: Petrol is also available in the road side grocery stores between Manali Leh highway. However, the quality of the fuel cannot be guaranteed.
ATMs on Manali-Leh Highway
It is strictly recommended that while going on Leh Manali highway you should carry sufficient amount of cash, as you can find the scarcity of ATMs after leaving Leh/Manali. Though there are too many ATMs in Manali, giving you sufficient opportunities to withdraw cash, after Manali, there is only one ATM you will find in Keylong, which is on the way to Leh.
However, it is not mandatory that the ATM in Keylong will be in working condition. Aftermath, you will directly find ATMs in Leh, which will be limited in number.
Only the SBI, Jammu and Kashmir Bank, HDFC, Axis Bank and ICICI Bank have their ATMs in Leh.
Hence, make sure you have sufficient cash for the trip from the beginning only. Also, except a few antique shops, the majority of restaurants and hotels do not accept the credit or debit cards, please carry enough cash with you on your trip.
Mechanics on Manali-Leh Highway
Mobile Phones and STD Booths
The only service providers in the valley of Leh are the BSNL and Airtel. Hence, the people who have the post-paid connections from these operators can enjoy a hassle-free connectivity during their visit to Leh. On the other hand, if you do not have the post-paid connection from the aforementioned service providers, there are only two options for you: First, either buy a prepaid connection from the mentioned service providers or just use the overcrowded phone booths located in the Leh city.
As the city of Ladakh has a considerable amount of Army, the phone booths in the city are almost always crowded and you can find a lot of soldiers waiting in line to talk to their loved ones, especially in the booths located near the main market or the main road of Leh.
However, if you want to buy the prepaid sim from BSNL or Airtel, it is one of the toughest tasks for the Indian nationals. As the Indian Govt. considers the regions of Leh-Ladakh and Jammu & Kashmir as sensitive areas, getting a SIM card is a daunting process for Indians.
Hence, it is recommended that you do not apply for the SIM cards until you are planning to stay for long in the city. On the other hand, the foreign nationals can easily get the prepaid connections and the process is pretty straightforward. They only have to submit photocopies of passport and two passports sized photographs while submitting the application for the SIM cards.
Places for Night Stopover:
Located 117 km away from Manali, Keylong is the first place to take a break for the night while on the Manali to Leh bike trip. Listed below are some of the best hotels that go easy on the visitor’s pockets:
- Hotel Dekyid,
- Hotel New Gyespa,
- Hotel Tashi Delek,
- HPTDC Hotel Chandrabhaga,
- Valley View Hotel
Distance between Manali to Keylong: 117 Kms
2) SarchuAfter Keylong, one can also halt at Sarchu, which is located around 223 km from Manali or 96km from Keylong. Also this region is one of the popular destiantions for overnight camp stays in Ladakh, tent stays. Some of the best lodging and dining options are mentioned below:
- Himalayan Saga Camps
- Goldrop Camps
- Planet Himalaya Camps
- Antrek Camps
- Blue Poppy Camps
Distance between Manali to Sarchu: 223 Km
Located 357km from Keylong and 250km from Sarchu, upon your arrival in Leh, you can relax around a number of hotels that are solely meant for the tourists. Most of these hotels are located within the easy reach from the main town. Some of the places to stay in Leh:
- Ladakh Sarai
- Hotel Nalanda Ladakh
- The Grand Dragon Ladakh
- Ladakh Residency
Distance Between Keylong to Leh: 357 Kms
Distance between Sarchu to Leh: 250 Kms
For the bike ride, you can take a bike on rent in Manali and head on to this adventurous & scenic ride.
Safety Tips and Guidelines:
Leh-Ladakh is not yet another normal tourist destination to go for. As the majority of the tourist destinations in Ladakh are located above 10,000 feet, it is important that you get acclimatized to the location before you continue your journey and follow some of the important safety tips and guidelines for Ladakh trip. So, here are some of the tips and guidelines for your safety for the trip.
- Under any circumstances, do not consume any kind of anti-depressant drugs, alcohol, smoking and tobacco, because, being at the higher altitudes, you will face respiratory troubles.
- Do not over-exert and avoid any kind of physical activity, which can give unnecessary exertion to your body.
- Avoid sleeping at the higher altitudes. It is recommended that after spending a day at the higher altitudes, you move back down to the lower ones in the evening and spend overnight.
- Keep yourself hydrated throughout the trip. Consume lots of ORS water or other types of fluid, which can be soup, milk, tea, fruit juices etc. However, do not be over hydrated too, as it can cause you to vomit or can develop cerebral edema like weakness, confusion, hyponatremia or even coma.
- Have a diet rich in carbohydrates, because you need calories on higher altitudes and food rich in carbohydrates have around 70 percent of calories in them.
- Please carry a sufficient amount of AMS preventive medication, though it is recommended that you do consult with your doctor before doing so, as different medications may have different side effects.
Rules for Inner Line Permits
For Indian Nationals:
- From 2014 onwards, the Indian nationals would no longer require any kind of inner line permits to visit Ladakh. This is applicable to visit areas like Turtuk, Panamik, Khaltse, Pangong, Changthang, Hunder, Nubra Valley Tso Kar and Tso Moriri and few others.
- Indian nationals must carry their nationality proof (ID proof) such as: Driving Licence, Voter ID, Passport and other similar.
- Whenever enquired, the visitors should produce their ID proofs at the check points.
- For the bikers, while crosiing regions like Hanle, Chusul, Tsaga, beyond Loma bend, Chumur, Marsimik La and Batalik Sector, inner line permits are a must.- This permit can be easily obtained from Leh DC office within 9:00am-3:00pm.
For Foreign Nationals:
- To visit areas like Turtuk, Panamik, Khaltse, Pangong, Changthang, Hunder, Tso Kar and Tso Moriri and few others, the foreign nationals must obtain the inner line permits.
- Also, to visit Hanle, Chusul, Tsaga, beyond Loma bend, Chumur, Marsimik La and Batalik Sector, the foreign nationals must have the inner line permits.
- These permits are usually valid for 3 weeks and can be easily obtained with the help of the local tour operators from Leh DC Office.
- Foreign nationals, with exception from Bhutan, Burma, Nepal and Pakistan, also need to obtain PAP or the Protected Area Permit to visit the above mentioned places. This permit is issued at the Leh DC Office and is allowed only to a group of four or more foreign nationals and is valid for 7 days.
- While travelling Suru and Zanskar valleys, inner line permits are not required. However, this permit doesn't allow them to beyond Merek Village in the Mahe or Pangong village.- Photo ID proof are a must to obtain the inner line permit. Passport, Driving Lisence or Voter's ID will do the required.
Information about AMS
While some of them are lightly affected by it others might even have severe side effects. Headache, vomiting, nausea, and more such symptoms are seen quite a lot of travelers. To avoid this one must make sure that they carry Diamox which helps to overcome this problem or one can avoid using the Manali to Leh highway where this is more prominent.
Documents to Carry
For the Indian nationals, it is mandatory to carry at least one ID proof, which can be the Aadhar Card, Voter ID, PAN Card, and Indian Passport, as you will be required to present it in some of the restricted places in the Leh region. Also, carry the attested copies of your ID proofs, in case you need to submit the same for inline permits for the restricted areas.
For Foreign nationals, it is mandatory that they carry a copy of their passport and visa, along with the original ones.
Manali to Leh Bus
Leh is approximately 500 km from Manali and there are plenty of buses between Manali and Leh, operated by the JKSRTC and HPTDC.
The one-way ticket of Manali Leh highway bus trip will cost you around Rs. 2500 per person, with an overnight stay in Keylong. Also, these services are only operational from July 1st to September 15th every year.
Things to Carry on Manali to Leh Road Trip
lSome of the most important things that you must carry on your trip to Leh-Ladakh must be and spacially when you are on adventures motorbike tour on this route:-
- As the temperature varies and becomes freezing cold after reaching Leh, it is recommended that you carry a good number of woollen clothes including jackets, gloves, sweaters, etc.
- Take a good pair of shoes because the terrain is rough, and hence, you would need a good grip while walking.
- As you will be gaining the altitude during the trip, there are fair chances that you may get the altitude sickness. Hence, carry the recommended medicines and first-aid kit along with insulin, inhalers etc., which can be helpful in emergencies.
- During your Manali to Leh Bike trip, also carry sufficient amount of clean drinking water, energy foods and drinks as there will be very less food stalls and restaurants on the way till Leh and keep yourself hydrated.
- A few other things you must carry during your trip to Leh are torch light with extra set of cells and bulbs, hiking gears, power banks for storing electricity charge for your phones and cameras, sunglasses, caps etc. It is advised that you carry at least four to five power banks because of the shortage of electricity in the hilly areas.
Leh Ladakh Road Trip Packages
- New Delhi
Own Bike: INR 24800
Two People on 1 Bike: INR 35800
Solo Rider: INR 45800
Route: Manali - Rohtang La – Keylong – Jispa – Baralacha La – Sarchu – Gata loops – Nakila – Lachulung La – Pang – Moore plains – Tso Moriri – Hanle - Pangong via Shyok route - Nubra - Khardung La – Leh - Magnetic Hill – Kargil – Zoji La – Sonmarg - Srinagar
-Don't miss the chance of waking up amidst the scenic and picturesque beauty of mountains, based in the Land of Gods- Himachal Pradesh and dig into one of our most cherished Ladakh tour packages.
-Get an opportunity to meeting new people and interacting with them in order to spend your vacation in the most adventurous and memorable way possible.
-Travel across Rohtang Pass at 13,058ft and gather the delight of a great camping experience in a fabulous Ladakh trip.
- Visit Suraj Tal and Deepak Tal and come across the Baralacha Pass based at 16,616ft. which binds together Lahaul district to Ladakh.
-Also, you cannot miss the opportunity of visiting Tsokar lake(salted lake), Mori plains, Gata loops with 21 hairpin bends, Lachungla (16.600ft) and Nakila Pass.
-Drive across Hanle and Puga and witness Galaxy with naked eyes and the beauty of vast landscapes.
-A visit to Pangong Tso lets you conquer the routes for an offroading journey towards through Maan, Merak, and Chushul.
-Don't forget to witness the Shyok village route and explore the Nubra Valley that shows you the unbounded beauty of waterfalls, and other charming scenes.
-Coming across the Diskit Monastery which constitutes of the Sand Dunes (cold Desert) and an opportunity of riding double-humped camels is one of the best things that you are going to experience once in a lifetime.
-Drive and conquer the highest accessible motorable pass in the world named as Khardungla at 18,380 ft. and reach to Leh for the exploration of the local markets and culture.
-Visit Lamayuru, which is the oldest Monastery of Ladakh and grasp the views of Moon Landscape
-Proceed from Kargil to Sonamarg and drive past the popular Zojila pass, Drass Village (2nd coldest inhabited place in the world), as well as see the prominet peaks of the Kargil war (Tiger, Tololing) from the Vijay war memorial Hall.
The Manali Leh Srinagar Sightseeing Tour with Hanle & Tsomoriri provides you with the chance of exploring Himachal Pradesh and fulfilling your goals of experiencing extreme adventure and thrills. Head out for an adventurous and fun-filled journey which is sure to hold you spellbound and let you gather never-ending memories that you can cherish for an entire lifetime.
- Cost with Own Bike/ Seat in a Car: INR 16800 per person (Price Valid Until Feb 29)
- Double Rider (2 people sharing 1 bike): INR 22950 Per Person
- Single Rider (1 person on 1 bike): INR 28500 Per Person
About the Leh Ladakh:
The names Leh and Ladakh often bring forth to the imagination land that is still untouched by the hand of commercialisation and urban culture. 6 Days Leh Ladakh bike tour package gives you that perfect adventure outing that you have been waiting for. Nestled within the protective covers of the Himalayas and adorned with magnificent landscapes, Leh-Ladakh is a belt that must be explored!
Leh is a comprehensive town jotted with a number of religious and aesthetic attractions. Nature has been kind to the Nubra Valley and the Pangong Lake. The former seems like a carpet of exotic flowers while the latter is a sight to behold in all its glory. The Khardungla Pass and Chang La Pass offer panoramic views of such beauty and mystique that they have thus far, only been imagined! Our Leh Ladakh bike tour package let you explore all this picturesque town has to offer.
About the Leh Ladakh Bike Tour Package:
-Ride along the exotic routes with diverse landscapes, always make for a dream journey that is unmatchable and unique its own ways.
-Enjoy the thrill of riding at otherwise unimaginable heights. Imagine looking down and staring into a deep gorge on one side and being flanked by massive mountain ranges on the other!
-Be amazed by natural blessings like the Lamayuru or Moonland, Pangong Lake and the Khardung La Pass.
-Learn of the region’s history and religion with visits to prominent monasteries and temples.
-Interact with the locals to acquaint yourself with the local lifestyle and culture.
-Conclude this Leh Ladakh bike tour package after 6 days and head back home with lots of memories.
Highlights of Manali to Leh Bike Trip 2021
Best time to visit Leh:
During the month of early June-September all the street courses to Leh open up and one can go to Leh city on the Srinagar-Leh-Manali Circuit. June-September is one of the best time of the year to visit Leh by bike or road. If you wish to enjoy the snowy roads and mountains en route this is the best time to go for a holiday in Leh Ladakh. By mid-June, the snow begins dissolving so you will head out to some of the most beautiful lakes in Ladakh. Visit some of the monasteries and the stupas here and also get acquainted with the local people. And the best of all you can enjoy the Saka Dawa, Yuru Kabgyat, Hemis Festivals which are held in this month.
Temperature: Day: 8°C to 15°C and Night: -5°C to 3°C
Maximum Altitude: 5,328 m (17,480 ft) at the Taglang La mountain pass.
Difficulty Level: Moderate
Railway Station: Nearest is the Jammu Tawi Railway Station (700 km)
Airport: Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport, Leh
ATM: On a bike tour to Leh Ladakh through the Manali to Leh route, you will find only one ATM at Keylong, but later there are several ATMs at Leh.
Stay during your Manali to Leh Bike Trip
Accommodation on double (for couples) and triple (for others) sharing basis in Guesthouse/hotel/Camp
Meals during your Manali to Leh Bike Trip:
Day 2: Dinner
Day 3- Day 11: Breakfast
Mode of transport during your Manali to Leh Bike Trip:
AC Semi sleeper tickets from Delhi to Manali and return (depending on the variant selected)
The bikes are provided with fuel from day 2 to day 11
350cc Royal Enfield motorbike for Single riders
500cc Royal Enfield for Double riders
- New Delhi
Group Size: 18 to 22 Participants/ 10-15 Bikes | Open for Solo or Groups.
Multiple Departure Dates from June to September
About the Destination
Ladakh, the jewel in the crown of Jammu and Kashmir, is blessed with the fascinating Himalayan Range. Embraced with the captivating beauty of the scenic meadows, rivers, cold deserts and enchanting trails, the region boasts of being an adventure hub in the country.
Be it for the trekkers, bikers, skiers or any other adventure sports, Ladakh is one hotspot for all! In addition, the option to explore the stunning beauty and appeal of the region through Ladakh bike trip always add an extra amount of fun and excitement to a tour to this ‘Land of High Passes’.
About the Trip
This bike trip to Leh-Ladakh from Delhi will take you to Ladakh, Srinagar, and Manali. Over the course of your bike trip to Ladakh, you will be introduced to various challenges, extremely uneven routes, narrow passes and much more! This apart, you can also expect to make stops and ride through fascinating landmarks like Khardung-La, the highest pass in the world, Tanglang La (17,600ft), Lachulung La (16,680ft), BaralachaLa (16500ft), the beautiful Zojila Pass as well as Pangong Lake.
June 9,14,15,21,22 July 6,10,13 August 3,10,17 September 1,7,15,22
Group Size- 6 people
About the Destination:
Get ready to explore the beautiful land of cultural diversity and thrilling adventures, Ladakh, while you head out for a vacation. Leh Ladakh group tour package is the perfect tour where you can head out with your group and explore the beautiful city. The capital city of Leh is a wonderland in itself and has innumerable sights worth enjoying. Be it the bustling marketplaces, the royal palaces, the treasured monasteries or its extensive trails for trekkers, it has something for everyone.
The mesmerizing beauty of Pangong and the alluring charm of Nubra Valley will leave you spellbound and wanting for more. Add to that the feeling of being on top of the world. Why sit and enjoy the facts, when you can actually go and see the ‘World’s Highest All Weather Motorable Road’: Khardung La Pass! Because it is better to experience a place once than to read about it a thousand times
There are ample of beautiful places in Ladakh that are waiting for you to be explored and Ladakh tour packages gives you the delight of experiencing them all.
About the Tour
- Your trip starts with arrival in Manali, post which you will leave to cross the Rohtang Pass into the Lahaul Valley
- You will then drive from your first stop at Jispa to Leh via another popular stayover town of Sarchu
- You will also be driven through the highest civilian motorable pass of the world, Khardung La
- Khardung La connects Leh to the beautiful Nubra Valley, where you will visit Diskit and Hundar sand dunes for a double-humped camel ride
- Also from Leh, you will drive for the famous Pangong Lake (one from 3 Idiots) over Chang La pass
- These 8 days are going to be super exciting and full of sights that will leave you speechless with their grandeur
Cost with Own Bike: INR 27950 per person
Double Rider(2 people sharing 1 bike): INR 34300 per person
Single Rider(1 person on 1 bike): INR 41300 per person
Group Size- 18 to 20 Participants/ 10 Bikes | Open for Solo or Groups
About the Destination
The land of high passes, Ladakh is a true beauty and a gift of nature to the already beautiful land of Kashmir in India. Known for being the land of adventures and mysteries, Ladakh has a lot of tricks up its sleeve and reveals them all to its visitors in due time. Home to Ladakhi culture and people, surrounded by some of the most beautiful mountain ranges of the world, and gifted with stunning landscapes like the Dunes of Hundar and Pangong Lake, Ladakh will beckon to you to visit again when you leave. So might as well listen to it
About the Trip
- A bike trip through the Ladakh is almost every Indian's dream trip
- Bike trip of Ladakh is not only an Indian but is also an international favorite because of the many high mountain passes here
- Experience the culture of Ladakh and the lifestyle in these harsh conditions of living
- Ride on one of the highest motorable passes in the world, the famous Khardung La
- Visit the grand Pangong Tso Lake, which will easily take your breath away
- Also, visit the Diskit Monastery
- These 10 days will be the forever favorite of your life
Fixed departure dates: Multiple dates open to Join a Group departure in June, July, August and September and can be customized on request for separate group also.
About the Activity:
- From the pleasantly hospitable town of Manali, the Manali to Leh Jeep expedition takes you on a roller coaster drive through distinct geographies portraying diverse geographies. From hill town to high altitude arid desert, this safari is one mega experience.
- The Manali to Leh by road traverses over five high altitude Himalayan passes such as Rohtang (3,978m), Keylong (3,350m), and Tanglang La (17,585ft) showcasing an ever changing dynamic landscape that alters from barren lands to lush green pastures. With our Ladakh tour packages, you can head out for an amazing vacation with your gang.
- Tsomoriri Lake is the one attraction that demands all your attention during this jeep ride which is now Tso Moriri Wetland Conservation Reserve. It is the largest of the high altitude lakes entirely within India at an altitude of 4522 meters.
- Interact with the amazing landscapes beautified by the natural formations throughout the journey. You will come across the undeniable beauties of Khardung La Pass, Pangong Lake, Deskit, Hundar, the confluence of Zanskar and Indus Rivers, Nubra Valley etc. which all are covered in this Ladakh tour packages.
- These places have been occupied by multitudinous mountains, valleys, small streams, rock formations, monasteries, gompas and what not.
- By the end of the journey multi-hued prayer flags, Tibetian chortens, and friendly locals would be etched in your memories for a very long time to come.
- Number of PAX Standard Deluxe Super Deluxe
- Min 02 pax Rs. 37470 Rs. 38090 Rs. 39660
- Min 03 Pax Rs. 28530 Rs. 29260 Rs. 30620
- Min 04 pax Rs. 24950 Rs. 25280 Rs. 27140
- Min 05 Pax Rs. 22090 Rs. 22780 Rs. 24220
- Min 06 Pax Rs. 20780 Rs. 21400 Rs. 22970
- Min 07 Pax Rs. 22540 Rs. 23220 Rs. 24700
- Min 08 Pax Rs. 21500 Rs. 22130 Rs. 23700
- Min 09 Pax Rs. 20300 Rs. 20960 Rs. 22460
- Min 10 Pax Rs. 19690 Rs. 20320 Rs. 21880
- Min 11 Pax Rs. 18870 Rs. 19520 Rs. 21040
- Min 12 Pax Rs. 18480 Rs. 19100 Rs. 20670
- Extra Bed Child Rs. 8800 Rs. 9800 Rs. 10700
About the Tour:
Famed as the Land of high passes, this spectacular beauty is winning the heart of the travellers and is sliding up in the bucket list. The entire region is enfolded by alluring mountains, pristine lakes, and variants of Buddist culture. Each and every corner of Ladakh showcases its own enigma and hails out to the revellers from all over the map. Reaching Ladakh can be a little tricky due to the undulating quality of its terrain; however, it is accessible by various means of transport.
Stay at heated Experiential Homestays in Leh, Dahanu, Lamayuru & Nubra Valley. The stays offered in the tour package are all spacious, offer scenic views, each comes with comfortable beds and furniture, an attached bathroom, and all amenities. To ensure utmost hygiene, every room is cleaned and sanitized on a daily basis.
Enjoy scrumptious breakfast and dinner that is a part of the tour package. You can order lunch at an additional cost. While here, savor some of the most amazing Local delicacies, as well as international cuisines
- Visit the Leh Palace and Shanti Stupa
- Witness the confluence of Indus and Zanskar River
- Enjoy a Village tour and explore the local culture
- Nothing like a Camel Safari in Nubra Valley
Enjoy all sightseeing and transfers in a SUV cab throughout. The driver will be carrying a Covid negative report with them.
About safety and hygiene:
- The retreat has increased the frequency of cleaning public areas (including the lobby, doorknobs, common washrooms, etc.)
- Hand gloves being used when carrying out cleaning work and when handling waste
- The rooms and the entire stay is deep cleaned before every check-in and post every check-out
- There are antibacterial hand sanitizers available throughout the property
- Social distancing is maintained
- Daily temperature monitoring of the staff.
About the Destination:
Ladakh is the emergent favorite of travelers, not just from India, but from the entire world. Surrounded by snow-capped mountains on all sides, the beauty of this place is unparalleled, and you will agree to that as soon as you set foot here. And despite being so far off and on the rain shadow side of the Himalayas, Ladakh is very well connected, especially the capital city of Leh. Apart from the main airport in the capital, you can arrive in Ladakh via road too, with highways coming in from Srinagar and from Manali, the latter being one of the most beautiful highways in the country.
And this is another reason why Ladakh is a favorite of adventure junkies. You can ride a bike till here, or can even cycle up to this beautiful land of Leh, some 11,400ft above sea level.
About the Manali to Leh Cycling Tour:
Manali to Leh cycling expedition is a scenic ride traversing through some of the highest passes in the world making it one of the most challenging rides to beat. Cutting across beautiful trails with the Himalayas serving as the perfect backdrop, one can cross Tanglang La standing at 5328m before entering Leh. The route from Manali to Leh is straightforward with the roads either being completely dirt or tarmac.
In the Manali to Leh cycling tour explore rougher dirt tracks while making some tough climbs along with gut-wrenching descents. Everyday the distance covered ranges from 40 to 80 km traversing altitudes over 4000 m. Not only will this invigorating route comprise cycling from Leh in the Indus Valley to the alpine Kullu Valley covering a total of 470 km, but it also cuts across three mountain ranges of Zanskar, main Himalayas and Pir Panjal Range. Altogether one exceeds 29000 feet in altitude crossing passes like the Khardung La, Tanglang La and Baralacha La (4890m).
About the Activity:
From the pleasantly hospitable town of Manali, the Manali to Leh Jeep expedition takes you on a roller coaster drive through distinct geographies portraying diverse geographies. From hill town to high altitude arid desert, this safari is one mega experience.
The Manali to Leh by road traverses over five high altitude Himalayan passes such as Rohtang (3,978m), Keylong (3,350m), and Tanglang La (17,585ft) showcasing an ever changing dynamic landscape that alters from barren lands to lush green pastures. A drive through Skyangchu Thang, the biggest and highest plateau on earth on a stretch of 42kms leaves you breathless. For you to capture moments like these, the safari also includes a brief photography workshop to help arrest high altitude frames with more panache.
By the end of the journey multi-hued prayer flags, Tibetian chortens, and friendly locals would be etched in your memories for a very long time to come.
About the Activity:
- Make your vacation a special one with this exciting 7 days 6 nights sightseeing tour in Ladakh.
- Ladakh, a muse for writers, a haven for bikers and a perfect getaway for the experience loving travellers!
- Experience one of the best Ladakh tour packages while you're cuddled in the laps of the mighty Himalayan and Karakorum ranges, it is a destination that is beautified by contrasts!
- During the course of this tour, you will get to explore Sangam, Gurudwara Pathar Sahib, Nubra valley, Leh and Pangong Tso lake.
- Explore the amazing beauty of the region with the valleys and the serene surroundings.
- Experience the joy of riding in a double hunk camel in the Nubra valley and enjoy the beauty of the Pangong Tso lake as it slowly changes its colour.
- This Ladakh tour package boasting this destination is deservedly among the gorgeous natural spectacles in the world!
- Conclude your tour after getting transferred to the airport and head back home with wonderful memories from this Ladakh trip.
Duration of the Tour: 7D/6N
Highest Altitude: Khardung La Pass (18,380 feet)
Group Size: 6 PAX
Tour Type: Group Departure
Ladakh sits on the claim of the most coveted Himalayan destination with no one coming anywhere close to stealing its fame. Lying on the rain shadow side of the Himalayas, Ladakh is a semi-arid region, surrounded by snowcapped mountains on all sides that follow you everywhere you go. With some of the most unusual sights in the area, Ladakh can surely be said to be a gifted region. Almost a cold desert, the major cities are somewhat of an oasis and have been in existence for a very long time and stand tall with a vivid history. But foremost of everything, Ladakh has emerged out as a prime adventure location for many road-trippers and backpackers of the country, and from overseas as well. So head out on this amazing Ladakh trip which will surely turn out to be the best journey of your life.
About the trip
- The trip begins with your arrival at Leh airport
- You will be visiting the local sights of the city as well as the attractions of the Sham Valley
- The highlights there are the mysterious Magnetic hill and the beautiful confluence of the rivers Zanskar and Indus
- The trip also takes you to the famous Nubra valley and the famous Pangong Tso Lake which are the most admired places among the people opting for Ladakh Tour Packages.
- From Pangong, you will be driving to the Tso Moriri, which is a beautiful Lake and a breeding ground for many migratory birds
- You will also be staying in camps at various locations, the best part about which is the unending views of stars and galaxies in the clear nights
- Enjoy this tour of 8 days and cherish it forever
Call our destination expert to book: 8619833383
About the Destination:
The crown of India is beautified by Ladakh, the land of high passes, situated in the picturesque state of Jammu and Kashmir. Regarded as an exotic tourist destination, it is a land filled with breath-taking natural beauty and mystique.
From majestic mountain passes and tranquil monasteries to magical lakes, Ladakh trip is sure to take your breath away. During summer, this beautiful region is adorned with a plethora of vibrant colors, but come winter time it is transformed into a snowy white wonderland, often cut off from the rest of the world.
As a destination, Ladakh is replete with every sight imaginable; from sapphire blue lakes to jade green meadows and even dry and arid grasslands serve to make this land of extremes a must-go destination on every traveler's bucket list, and that is the very reason that no one should ever miss the chance of visiting this Paradise. That is why this Ladakh tour package is here to bring everyone on an equal pedestal by bringing together women of a different metal and organizing a women-only trip to Ladakh.
About the Activity:
Treat yourself to 6 nights 7 days of mystery with the women-only tour to Ladakh. Start your trip from the charming town of Leh, which will woo you with its quaint markets and charming palaces. Visit the beautiful Sham valley and the ancient monasteries.
Take a trip down to enchanting Nubra valley and visit the famous Diskit Monastery and the Hall of Fame, to experience local culture at its best.
With this one of the unique Ladakh tour packages of ours, lose yourself in the hypnotizing beauty of the colorful Pangong Tso and enjoy a memorable sunrise and sunset by the lake. A thrilling camel safari and drive through the highest motorable road in the world, seems just too good to be true!
Departure Dates: May (19,25,31), June (6,12,18,24,30), July (6,12,18,24,30), Aug (5, 11,17,23,29), Sept (4,10,16,22)