Activities to Do in VietnamThe plethora of awe-inspiring things to do in Vietnam makes it a wanderlust's heaven for adventure, culinary delights, and beach fun. Cruising in Halong Bay is what lures tourists to Vietnam as the cruise rides are a blend of fun, food, nature, and luxury. Island hopping in Halong Bay is a visual treat to the eyes and other senses. On the other hand, cruising in the Mekong Delta lets tourists explore Vietnam’s lush green rice fields and fruit orchards along the banks of the river.
Snorkelling and diving in Cham Island are other amazing activities to do in Vietnam to explore the marine world. Adventure freaks can go on safari rides at Cat Tien National Park or trek through the Ho Chi Minh trail. History buffs can go on a day tour to Hoi An ancient town and live a few hours from the 17th and 18th century. For the surreal journey of sailing peacefully over the calm waters of Ngong Dong river that is fringed by flourishing rice fields on either side, head to Tam Coc.
Places to Visit and Things to Do in Vietnam
Newly Added Vietnam Experience
This is the first time we have booked any tour from Thrillophilia and I am really delighted by the service provided by you. The hotel accommodation and transportation was pretty good. The rest of the tour was really fine and looking forward to have another engagement with the Thrillophilia team in coming future
Our tour was very good and a very unique and awesome experience of Vietnam. All your help, continuous support and your hospitality was amazing to help make this trip a very memorable one for us.
It was a real fantastic Holiday Organised by Thrillophilia. We really enjoyed a lot. Thanks for your Help, specially would like to mention about the Hotels provided by you were really best. Full Marks to you & your team
We booked a customized tour package with Thrillophilia We had a very nice experience in Russia, courtesy Thrillophilia . Once again really thanks for all your help!
We have enjoyed our holidays very well and to our great expectation.In short, we had good time and we have returned back with sweet memories of Vietnam which we can never forget
I planned this trip and the places here are the most romantic places also one can explore the markets and get to know about the places as we interacted. The people with us were friendly and helpful. The driver we had was really helpful and friendly with much knowledge of the places!
We booked this trip with our friends. We were really excited for the trip as we looked for it. We had lot of time to spend at the places and know the history of Vietnam. The cave and tunnels are few of the places which does excites one to know more and more. The hotels were safe and hygienic also the people were cooperative and the team was easily accessible.
During the tour of 8 days, our Thrillophilia provided full support, co-operation and guidance at every location of Tour Iternary. Also good food and Hotel stay were arranged to make us feel at home. In short, we had good time and we have returned back with sweet memories of Europe which we can never forget.
We wanted a completely customized trip to Thailand Vietnam and none of the tour operators met our demands until we met Thrillophilia representatives. Thrillophilia had prepared a detailed itinerary, thereby making our tour memorable.
We would like to thank Thrillophilia for making our holiday to Vietnam a truly memorable experience. It was a well planned and well organised holiday.
People Also Ask About Vietnam Things To Do
Which are the best things to do in Vietnam?1. Visit Halong Bay: If you are keen to witness the ethereal beauty of nature in the most untarnished form, visiting Halong bay is an ideal choice. The 1600 limestone islets and islands protruding from the pristine waters will simply take your breath away. You can opt for boating and admire the picturesque views surrounding the area. Exploring this magnificent bay is one of the best things to do in Vietnam.
- Location: Gulf of Tonkin, Quang Ninh Province, Vietnam
2. Explore Hoi An Ancient Town: Declared as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1999, Hoi An promises the adventure of a lifetime. Once a flourishing trading post, it is now actually a museum that preserves and showcases the glory of the bygone era. Here, you must take a tour of the Japanese-designed Bridge, old canals, Chinese temples, etc. Tradition and strong Chinese influence shape the personality of this Old Town. If you are a history lover, exploring this age-old city will be one of the most exciting things to do in Vietnam for you.
- Location: Hoi An Town, Quang Nam Province, Vietnam
- Price: VND 120,000 per adult
3. Visit Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum: Inspired by Lenin's mausoleum present in Russia, the Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum was built and then later opened for the public in 1975. It is dedicated to immortalize and honor the memory of Ho Chi Minh who was one of the most revered leaders known in Vietnam. The best way to know more about the culture is to take a tour of this museum. It is one of the top things to do in Vietnam and requires visitors to dress respectfully.
- Location: 8 Hung Vuong, Dien Bien, Ba Dinh, Hanoi, Vietnam
4. Cruise the Mekong Delta: Traveling far from the majestic Tibetan Himalayas, the Mekong River enters Vietnam and finally joins the South China Sea. Here, it is known as the "rice bowl" and forms several tributaries in addition to an extensive canal network. Islands, rice fields, etc., can be seen along the riverside when you opt for a cruise ride, making it one of the most scenic and exciting things to do in Vietnam. It will give you an opportunity to peek inside the life of the locals while gazing at the mesmerizing beauty of nature ahead.
- Location: Cambodia and southern Vietnam
5. Explore Cu Chi Tunnels: One of the most popular and well-preserved attraction sites of Vietnam is the Cu Chi Tunnels which are actually a part of the war museum and are maintained in Ho Chi Minh. These underground tunnels offer visitors the opportunity to understand the living situations of the Vietnamese soldiers in 1948. If you love adventure, then you will find exploring these tunnels as one of the most appealing things to do in Vietnam. The stretch of 120 km contains kitchens, trapdoors, armory, command centers, and much more.
- Location: 70km northwest of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Price: 110000 VND per individual
6. Explore the Phong Nha Caves: If you love adventure and are eager to try new activities then caving in these tunnels is one of the most thrill-inducing things to do in Vietnam. The Quang Binh Province entails numerous caves and a widespread dense jungle. It is also the perfect area to explore and satisfy your inner wanderlust. Here, you will find Hang Son Doong, which is one of the tallest caves across the world. Credited by UNESCO as a wonder, the caves in the little Phong Nha town are worth exploration.
- Location: Phong NHA, B? Tr?ch District, Quang Binh Province, Vietnam
- Price: 150,000 VND per individual
7. Visit Old Quarter of Hanoi: If you truly want to experience Vietnam in its rawest form, visit the Old Quarter of Hanoi. It is chaotic, lively, and can be extremely overwhelming if you are not fond of crowded places. Here, you will find shops, along with the roadside, and experience congestion of bikes and people on the road. Strolling along the Old Quarter is one of the most fun-filled things to do in Vietnam among the locals as well as the tourists. You can visit the Hanoi Opera House, Bach Ma Temple, One Pillar Pagoda, etc.
- Location: Near Hoan Kiem Lake, Hoan Kiem District, Vietnam
- Price: 10,000 VND per individual
8. Vietnamese Food Tour: If you are a foodie, and the mere thought of tasting different dishes excites you, then, you will simply love the cuisine of Vietnam. The diversification and the deliciousness of the food items here will actually make you want for more. For instance, you can try the Cao Lau and Com Ga in Hoi An or the Xoi and Pho Noodles in Hanoi. Moreover, you can also sample the exquisite Banh Mi and Hu Tiu Nam Vang in Saigon. If you love food, partaking in the Vietnamese food tour is one of the best things to do in Vietnam.
- Location: Vietnam
9. Trekking in Sapa: With an altitude of about 1500m, the Sapa boasts of terraced rice fields and is one of the most exciting things to do in Vietnam. It is also the home to various ethnic minorities, including Tay, Dao, and Hmong. Here, you can trek over the rice cultivations and explore the tribal villages. The magnificent beauty of nature encompassing the region is simply unparalleled. One the way to the top, you can visit the Lao Chai village and understand the tribal culture prevalent here. When you reach the end, the view of the mesmerizing Sapa town will take your breath away.
- Location: Lao Cai, Vietnam
10. Experience wind and kitesurfing in Mui Ne: The white and red sand dunes in Mui Ne make the area one of the most popular sites for tourists and you will be in awe of the natural beauty here. If you are an adventure fanatic, then you must partake in wind and kitesurfing. The feeling of the wind when it blows on your face and the adrenaline rush is enough to want to try this again and again. However, you must exercise caution and settle the price before participating.
- Location: Mui Ne, Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Which are some famous camping sites in Vietnam?1. Sao Bien Ecosystem Site: If you are wondering what to do in Vietnam, you can try camping at Sao Bien Ecosystem Site. Here, you can stay in wooden huts and experience the raw beauty of nature. You can also experience fishing, cycling, snorkeling, kayaking, etc.
- Location: Binh Lap Hamlet, Cam Lap Commune, Khanh Hoa Province.
- Price: 50,000 VND per individual
2. Co To Eco Lodge: With camping tents and bungalows, the Co To Eco Lodge is a great place to experience camping. Here, you can relax amidst the white sand and soak in the beauty of nature. Moreover, you can also visit other nearby sites like Van Chay beach, Co To Lighthouse, etc.
- Location: Hong Hai village, Co To island
3. Coco Beach Camp: Colorful tents, pristine blue ocean water, and delicious seafood make Coco Beach Camp one of the most popular camping sites in Vietnam. You can partake in parasailing, beach volley and much more. This camp offers some of the most thrilling activities to do in Vietnam.
- Location: La Gi, Binh Thuan
- Price: VND 200,000-VND 300,000 per person
4. Son My Beach: With around 20 tents, Son My Beach offers the opportunity for you to make some new memories with your friends, partner, or family. Here, you can rejuvenate and re-bond amidst the sandy beach and the swaying palm trees. You will love the BBQ party as well as the numerous beach games.
- Location: La Gi, Binh Thuan province
- Price: VND 150,000 per person
5. Life’s A Beach: Located amidst the fishing village, Life’s A Beach offers huts and bungalows and boasts of a bar, restaurant, and karaoke. Here, you can indulge in some of the most exciting activities to do in Vietnam, such as snorkeling, hiking, etc.
- Location: To 2, Khu Vuc 1, Bai Xep, Phuong Ghenh Rang, Thanh Pho, Quy Nhon, Binh Dinh, Quy Nhon, Vietnam
- Price: VND 580,000 per individual
Which are some famous treks in Vietnam?1. Sapa: Famous for the lofty mountains and home to the ethnic minorities in Vietnam, Sapa offers numerous mesmerizing hiking trails. Some of the easy treks include Ban Ho Village, Lao Chai Village, Hau Thao Village, etc. Moreover, you can also admire Vietnam’s tallest peak – Fansipan, along with the lush greenery encompassing the area.
2. Cuc Phuong National Park: Credited as Vietnam's oldest national park, the Cuc Phuong national park is 120 km from Hanoi and is a great place for trekking. Exploring the dense foliage of this tropical forest is one of the most adventurous activities to do in Vietnam.
3. Mai Chau: Riddled with the smallest and challenging treks, Mai Chau can offer you the experience of a lifetime. Here, you will come across gorgeous valleys and numerous attraction sites along the way. Some of the popular treks which you can opt for include Hang Kia, Pu Luong Nature Reserve, etc.
4. Lang Biang Mountain: With a moderate level of difficulty, trekking to the top of the Lang Biang Mountain will give you an enormous adrenaline rush. The view that you see from the top is definitely worth the pain that you sustain as you climb upward. From the peak, you can admire the Silver and Golden Rivers and the enchanting Dalat City.
Which are some famous caving sites in Vietnam?1. Paradise Caves: With a length of 31 km, the Paradise Caves has the title of being one of the lengthiest caves across the globe. Though the public is allowed only for 3.5 km deep, the vaulted ceiling, along with the mesmerizing stalactites, ensures that the cave has a fitting name.
2. Son Doong Cave: Situated in the Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park, the Son Doong Cave is the longest, tallest and largest cave in the world. The difficulty of exploring the cave is indicated by the fact that only a handful of people have been able to explore it completely.
3. Dau Go Caves: With an altitude of about 27m, the Dau Go Caves is situated approximately 6 km from the Bai Chay Wharf. Surrounded by numerous stalactites and stalagmites of different shapes, along with unique lights, the caves give off an outer-worldly appearance. Apart from exploring the cave, you can also try rock climbing.
4. Tu Lan Caves: If you are an adventure fanatic, then exploring the Tu Lan Caves, one of the most exciting activities to do in Vietnam, will appease you. With limestone karsts and magnificent stalagmites, you can have an unparalleled caving experience here. Apart from caving, you can also try swimming, rappelling, climbing, etc.
Which are the best places for scuba diving in Vietnam?1. Moray beach: Favored by both experienced and amateur scuba divers, Moray Beach is one of the most popular epicenters for scuba diving. Here, you can explore the magic of the South China Sea and be in awe of the various aquatic species such as clownfish, scorpionfish, and colorful corals.
2. Ho Trau Nam: Located in Whale Island, Ho Trau Nam is a great place for indulging in scuba diving. With gorgeous colorful corals along with gorgonian, the seabed here looks absolutely ethereal. Moreover, you can admire the magnificent aquatic organisms such as stingrays, manta, etc.
3. Madonna Rock: If you are wondering what to do in Vietnam, then opting for scuba diving in Madonna Rock is an excellent idea. With enchanting caverns and niches, the site offers a glance into the mesmerizing world of underwater. You can admire the beautiful moray eels, Glassfish, and much more.
4. Hon Ko: One of the most incredible sites for scuba diving is Hon Ko, which is also known as the Dry Island. The beautiful coral reefs, along with numerous sea creatures, make the destination even more appealing. When you move across the water, you will come across scorpionfish, bamboo sharks, mitre shells, etc.
What is the best time to visit Vietnam?The best time to visit Vietnam is during the spring season, which includes the months of March and April. During this time, the temperature is moderate, the weather is quite pleasant, and you are likely to encounter light rainfall. However, you can make Vietnam trip plans all year round. Moreover, the weather condition in Vietnam varies from tropical to temperate climate depending on the region.
What is Vietnam famous for?Vietnam is famous for offering a wide range of attraction sites to tourists. You can visit the gorgeous beaches, the majestic mountains, and the mesmerizing valleys. The picturesque views of nature, along with the plethora of adventure activities, make Vietnam an ideal place for a much-needed vacation. Apart from these, you can also visit the various religious shrines, absorb the unique Vietnamese culture and sample the delicious local cuisine.
How to reach Vietnam?You can reach Vietnam via road, rail, air, and sea. However, for international tourists, the most common route is through the air. There are three international airports in Vietnam, namely - Da Nang International Airport, Noi Bai International Airport, and Tan Son Nhat International Airport. Various countries have direct flights to any of these airports. Moreover, all of them are well-connected and offer access to citizens across the globe.
Is Bali cheaper than Vietnam?No, in fact, the opposite is true – Vietnam is cheaper than Bali. A person staying in Vietnam for a week has to allocate $285, but that same person staying in Bali for a week has to spend $462. The main reason for the fairly low prices in Vietnam is the high rate of tourist influx in recent years. Moreover, here you will get numerous options and you can choose accommodations and meals as per your budget.
How much does a week in Vietnam cost?A week in Vietnam can cost anywhere between $227 to $2100 per individual. It depends on various factors such as accommodations, food, shipping, the tour of attraction sites, transportation costs, partaking in adventurous activities, etc. However, if you travel in groups, the price may reduce drastically.
What are the best things to do at the Mekong Delta?1. Visit the Tan Chau Silk Village: Famous for producing natural silk, the Tan Chau Silk Village is a must-visit when you travel to the Mekong Delta. In the village, you can see the manufacturing process of this conventional Tan Chau silk.
2. Explore the floating markets: One of the most charming aspects of the Mekong Delta is the abundance of floating markets. You can visit the Cai Rang Floating Market, Cai Be Floating Market, Phung Hiep or Nga Bay Floating Market, Nga Nam Floating Market, etc. It is the perfect opportunity to shop for souvenirs.
3. Experience bird watching at the Tram Chim National Park: If you love nature and are wondering what to do in Vietnam, then bird watching is an exciting idea. Spread across 7500 hectares, the Tram Chim National Park offers shelter to more than 200 aviator species. To marvel at these rare birds, you can opt for the boat tour.
4. Pay homage to the temples: There is no shortage of religious sites in the Mekong Delta, but the ones that deserve a special mention include the Vinh Trang Temple and the Bat Pagoda. The architectural prowess of these holy sites coupled with the mesmerizing beauty of nature is enough to enthrall you completely.
Which are the best places to taste local cuisines in Vietnam?1. Hue: With traces of royalty, picturesque presentation, and small servings, the food items in Hue have a distinct refined touch. Here, the specialty includes Bun Thit Nuong, Bun Bo Hue, Nem Lui, etc. Moreover, you must also taste the various types of sweet soups and cakes and enjoy the Vietnamese culture via food.
2. Hanoi: Apart from the popular attraction sites, Hanoi offers you the opportunity to indulge in tasting the delicious local cuisine. Here, you must try the Pho Cuon, Caphe Trung, Bun Cha, Xoi, Pho Noodles, and much more. After tasting these mouth-watering delicacies, you will want to keep on expanding your food palette.
3. Saigon: With a wide range of dishes available, deciding on what to eat in Saigon can become overwhelming. However, you must definitely try the Banh Trang Tron, Pho, Banh Mi, etc. Even if you have tasted these food items in other regions, you can be assured that these taste completely different here.
4. Sapa: Known as the culinary paradise for the wide variety of dishes, Sapa enjoys the attention it gets for the delectable foods and mesmerizing scenic views. Sampling the local delights such as Khang Gai Dried Meat, Salmon Hot Pot, Cap Nach Pork, etc., falls on the most exciting activities to do in Vietnam.
Where can we go for wildlife safari in Vietnam?1. Nam Cat Tien National Park: With an area of 72,000 hectares, the Nam Cat Tien National Park is a biosphere reserve that comprises tropical rainforest. The site houses numerous species of reptiles, animals, birds, and plants. Here, you can spot wild boar, Asian elephants, sun bears and also experience hiking and mountain biking.
2. Cuc Phuong National Park: Known as the oldest national park of Vietnam, the Cuc Phuong National Park opened its door to the public in 1962. Here, you will come across more than 2000 plant species, along with 122 mammal species and over 300 bird species. The diversification of flora and fauna will leave you awestruck.
3. Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park: Declared as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park offers a magnificent cave system along with mesmerizing flora and fauna. Exploring this park is one of the most exciting activities to do in Vietnam.
4. Tam Dao National Park: Overlooking the majestic Tam Dao range, the Tam Dao National Park sustains diverse ecosystems and supports different microhabitats. Here, you will find various rare animal species such as Tam Dao snake-headed fish, white-cheeked black monkey, etc., and biome-restricted birds such as Blue-naped Pitta, Chestnut-headed Tesia, etc.
What are the best places for paragliding in Vietnam?1. Bai Nha: Due to favorable weather conditions, numerous paragliding competitions take place in Bai Nha, situated near the Lac Son area. With magnificent visuals of the nature surrounding the area and an excellent system, you can try XC flying here.
2. Mount Vien Nam: Situated at the Yen Binh Ward, Mount Vien Nam is one of the most sought-after places for paragliding in Vietnam. Here, you can try various types of this exciting sport, but the area boasts especially of ridge roaring fly. In this case, you have to let go from an altitude of about 260m for the thrilling fly.
3. Khau Pha: Located on the National Highway 32, Khau Pha is famous as a paragliding spot due to the unparalleled views that it offers. You can admire the panoramic visuals of the rice fields and appreciate the ethereal beauty of nature around. If you want to try tandem paragliding, Khau Pha is your spot.
4. Son Tra: Are you pondering what to do in Vietnam during the trip? If you are an adventure lover, then you can try paragliding in Son Tra. With a height of about 600m of the takeoff spot, you can capture mesmerizing views of Danang Bay when you are up in the air.
Sightseeing Tours in Vietnam Day Tours in Vietnam Transfers in Vietnam Entry Tickets in Vietnam Attractions in Vietnam Dining & Nightlife in Vietnam Cruises & Boat tours in Vietnam Inter City Transfers in Vietnam Airport Transfers in Vietnam Adventure in Vietnam Hiking in Vietnam Spa & Wellness in Vietnam Rentals in Vietnam Shows & events in Vietnam Combos in Vietnam Halong Bay in Vietnam Water Sports in Vietnam Hotel to Attraction Transfers in Vietnam