Italy tour packages - Browse through a wide range of Italy Holidays Packages with exciting offers at Thrillophilia. Book customized Italy vacation packages with exciting deals & offers.
Thrillophilia is once again ready to take you on a trip of a lifetime with the specially crafted Italy tour packages. If you have been planning that dream European vacation, then this is the right time to check out the many Italy packages offered by Thrillophilia, which are guaranteed to offer you some of the best deals and discounts available. Whether you are going on a romantic honeymoon, or finally travelling to Europe with all your friends, Thrillophilia offers uniquely crafted, personalized packages to cater to everyone’s tastes and preferences.
These fantastic tour packages that show you around the best places in Italy gives you the option to select the nature of your holiday, the number of places you would like to visit, the duration of your stay, your budget and other specifications to get yourself the perfect Italy Holiday Packages. However, if you are travelling to Italy for the first time, then you need not worry as Thrillophilia offers a comprehensive guide to all the famous tourist attractions that are worth checking out, as well as a well-explained list of official documents, rules and regulations that you have to keep in mind before your tour.
You can now check out one of the most beautiful countries in Europe while booking a tour that is within your budget and one which offers you exclusive deals and activities you are unlikely to find anywhere else. You will be able to select from a variety of tour packages that show you around some of the most famous historical places in Italy such as the Colosseum in Rome, the canals of Venice and the historical cities of Milan and Florence. However, if you are a traveller and an adventure enthusiast, you can check out the many Italy tours that consist of memorable activities such as kayaking in Naples, scuba diving in Baia, paragliding in Italy and hiking in gorgeous places like the Dolomites.
Italy is also an incredibly romantic country, with many cities that are ideal for a honeymoon, such as Rome and Milan and you can even book a tour of these places via Thrillophilia. The organizers will ensure that you have the smoothest, most memorable experience when you are touring this beautiful country while offering some of the best discounts on your tour packages.
Popular Italy Tour Packages
|Europe Tour Package from India 2021 | Flat 20% off||10D/9N||₹ 115000||5.0 star|
|Mesmerizing Italy & Austria Honeymoon Package 2021 | Flat 20% off||9D/8N||₹ 99000||5.0 star|
|Europe Tour Package from Kerala 2021 | Flat 10% off||7D/6N||₹ 72999||5.0 star|
|Rome, Florence & Venice Tour | Best of Italy in 10 Days||10D/9N||₹ 157000||3.0 star|
|Italian Delight 7 Days Holiday Package 2021 | Flat 15% off||7D/6N||₹ 69000||5.0 star|
People Also Ask About Italy Tours
Which are the best Italy tour packages?Here are some of the best Italy holiday packages:
Which are the famous places to visit in Italy?Italy is a country that boasts of all kinds of historical and naturally beautiful places that you must visit when you are booking your Italy tour packages:
1. The Colosseum in RomePictures of Italy are synonymous with the famous Roman Colosseum, built-in 80 AD by Titus of the Flavian Empire. This beautiful and historical structure was capable of accommodating over 50,000 people who would gather to watch spectacles such as gladiator wars and mock sea battles. Today, the building stands as a proud testament to the beautiful and ancient history of Rome.
Location: Piazza del Colosseo, 1, 00184 Rome, ItalyEntry fee: 12 Euros (977 INR) per adultTimings: Monday to Sunday (closed on 1st January and 25th December)- 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (from 31st December – 15th February)- 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (from 16th February – 15th March)- 8:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. (from 16th March - last Saturday of March)- 8:30 a.m. – 7:15 p.m. (from end March - 31st August)- 8:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (from 1st September - 30th September)- 8:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. (from 1st October - last Saturday of October)- 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (from end October - 31t December)2. Santa Maria del Fiore in FlorenceIf you are stopping by the beautiful city of Florence, then you are bound to see the beautiful Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral standing tall on the skyline of the city. It was built sometime between the 13th century and the 15th century AD, and is considered one of the most beautiful cathedrals in the world. It has the largest brick dome in the world as well, while its outer walls are made with different coloured marbles, which creates a stunning effect for viewers.
Location: Piazza del Duomo, 50122 Firenze FI, ItalyEntry fees: 18 Euros (1,465 INR)Timings: Monday to Sunday (10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)3. The Leaning Tower of Pisa in PisaThe most iconic structure in the city of Pisa has become one of the most recognizable monuments in the world because of its structural flaw. The Leaning Tower of Pisa was constructed in 1100 AD, and by the time the third floor was constructed, it is believed that the tower started leaning over, which is when it got its famous tilt.
Location: Piazza del Duomo, 56126 Pisa PI, ItalyEntry fee: 18 Euros (1,465 INR)Timings: Monday to Sunday (9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.)4. The Sistine Chapel in Vatican CityVatican City is the holiest place for all Catholics in the world, and whether you are religious or not, visiting the famous Sistine Chapel in Vatican City is a must when you are in Italy. There are several Italy tour packages that can take you around some of the most iconic places here, including the St Peter’s Basilica that was painted by Michelangelo. The ceiling of the Sistine Chapel was painted also created by the famous painter.
Location: 00120 Vatican CityEntry fee: 14 Euros (1,139 INR)Timings: Monday to Saturday (8:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.)5. The Grand Canals in VeniceVenice is considered one of the most romantic places on earth and that is mostly because of its beautiful waterways and Grand Canals. When you book your Italy Holiday Packages, you should definitely sign up for a ride in one of Venice’s famous gondolas which sail through the narrow canals of the city and give you an incredible tour of the place.
Location: Venice, ItalyPrice: 30 Euros (2,442 INR) for adultsTimings: Monday to Sunday (8:00 am – 7:00 p.m.) (The prices increase after 7:00 p.m.)6. Basilica di San Francesco in AssisiWhen you are booking Italy packages, you have to look out for one that takes you to the beautiful countryside of Assisi, where the skyline is dominated by the Basilica di San Francesco. If you want to check out an authentic specimen of grand Italian architecture, this is the church that will fulfil all your expectations, with its sky-high towers, ancient pieces of art strewn across the building and ornate windows.
Location: Piazza Inferiore di S. Francesco, 2, 06081 Assisi PG, ItalyEntry fees: 7 Euros (570 INR)Timings: Thursday to Tuesday (6:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.), Wednesdays (6:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.)7. The Trevi Fountain in RomeYou’ve seen it in countless movies, and when you book the perfect Italy tours, you’ll be able to see the world-famous Trevi Fountain in person. The fountain was built in 1762 by the famous Italian architect Nicola Salvi. It is believed that if you throw in a penny in the waters of the fountain, you guarantee a trip back to Rome. It is also frequented by lovers who throw in two pennies to find eternal love.
Location: Piazza di Trevi, 00187 Roma RM, ItalyEntry fee: Free entry (but do keep a few pennies handy)Timings: Open 24 hours (although it is very crowded between 12:00 noon and 7:00 p.m.8. The Pantheon in RomeNo matter what the nature of your Italian Tour Packages is, you are bound to stop by the Pantheon in Rome if you are in the city. This is one of the oldest and most iconic structures in Rome that dates back to 135 AD. It was initially built as a temple by the Romans, but today, it stands as a testament to their architectural prowess and design ingenuity. When you walk in, you can see well-preserved samples from life in the 1st century AD, along with the archways, pillars and paintings that adorn the intact hallways of the Pantheon.
Location: Piazza Della Rotonda, 00186 Roma RM, ItalyEntry fees: Free entryTimings: Monday to Saturday (8:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.), Sunday (9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.)9. Milan Duomo in MilanThis is one of the largest churches in the world, with stained glass windows, 52 magnificent pillars, hundreds of hand-crafted marble statues and the most authentic symbols of Gothic architecture. The church, which is known as the Cathedral of Santa Maria Nascente, has a towering roof which you can access via an elevator, to get an incredible view of the city.
Location: Piazza del Duomo, 20122 Milano, ItalyEntry fees: Free entryTimings: Monday to Sunday (9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.)10. The Amalfi CoastThe stunning Amalfi Coast of Italy is a UNESCO World Heritage Site because of its spellbinding natural beauty. The coast consists of colourful houses that are built on the face of the hills and cascading down into the Mediterranean Sea below. The two main towns on the Amalfi Coast are Amalfi and the beautiful town of Positano, which are also great places to stay when you are visiting Italy.
Location: Province of Salerno, South Italy.
What are the best things to do in Italy?Italy is a versatile country where you can find ancient settlements, coastal cities, historical sites and adventure activities- all of which you can explore to your heart’s content when you book your Italy Holiday Package with Thrillophilia. Here are some of the most exciting things to do in Italy:
1. Take a romantic gondola ride in VeniceThrillophilia has specially crafted Italy Tour Packages just for honeymooning couples, and if you are signing up for one of these, then taking a gondola ride on the canals of Venice is an absolute must. This is not only one of the most romantic things to do in Italy, but one of the most romantic things to do in the whole world.
Location: Grand Canals, Venice, Italy.Price: 125 Euros (10,174 INR) (for midnight tours)Timings: Monday to Sunday (8:00 a.m. – 2:00 a.m.)2. Go wine-tasting in TuscanyTuscany is one of the most naturally beautiful places in Italy, and you can check out the many Italy tours that are organized there that exclusively take you wine-tasting in some of the best vineyards in the world. Tuscany is the source of some of the most expensive, oldest and delicious wines in the world, and you can sample these wines right from the source when you are there.
Location: Tuscany, ItalyPrice: Tours start at 20 Euros (1,627 INR)Timings: Monday to Sunday (9:10 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)3. Retreat into the Italian Lake DistrictOne of the most popular places in Italy is its Lake District, and you can get customized and personalized Italy packages that can show you around these breathtaking places. The Lake District consists of Lake Maggiore, Lake Garda, Lake Como, Lake Iseo and Lake Lugano. These lakes are surrounded by natural mountains and have several luxury resorts and accommodations that offer lake-side views of the sunset and private viewing areas.
Location: North ItalyPrice: Starting from 200 Euros (16,280 INR)4. Go hiking in Cinque TerreFew places in the world are as beautiful as the cluster of ancient villages in Cinque Terre in Italy. If you are a lover of nature and adventure, then this is an activity that you can enjoy as part of your Italy Packages. The coast along which all these villages are located is 12km long, with short, picturesque segments that connect one village to the next. On the way, you can explore the caves, the forests, the beautiful blue waters from the Sentiero Azzuro and the gorgeous natural landscape of Italy.
Location: Liguria, Italy.Price: 7.50 Euros (610 INR)5. Watch nature’s spectacle at Mount EtnaMount Etna is an active volcano in the beautiful island of Sicily, which frequently erupts. Mount Etna is also considered one of the highest peaks in all of Italy and is surrounded by Parco dell’ Etna- a national park. If you’re lucky, you can even watch the volcano erupt and the lava flows down its sides from a safe distance.
Location: 95030 Catania, Province of Catania, ItalyPrice: 30 Euros (2,442 INR) per person6. Explore the remains of PompeiPompei was a city that was destroyed and buried under the lava that erupted from Mount Vesuvius back in 79 AD. However, because of the sudden timing of the incident, the burning hot lava preserved almost the entire city of Pompei and that is what you can see today when you explore the ruins as part of your Italy tours. You can see 2,000-year old theatres, homes, assembly halls, streets and much more as you walk through this incredible city.
Location: Campania, South Italy.Price: 11 Euros (895 INR)7. Hike in the incredible DolomitesThe Dolomites are a part of the Southern Limestone Alps that can be found in North-eastern Italy and is considered a UNESCO World Heritage Site because of its mind-boggling natural beauty. People travel from all over the world to the Dolomites to hike through these mountain ranges, that consists of 18 major peaks that go as high as 3,000 metres above sea level. The hike consists of 22km of winding pathways that take you through crags, hills and viewpoints that are truly memorable.
Location: Northeast ItalyPrice: 196 Euros (15,953 INR) including a 9-course dinner8. Learn pasta-making in FlorenceYou cannot visit Italy without sampling some of their pasta, and the good news is, you can even learn how to make authentic Italian pasta, right from the source! While all of Italy is famous for their hand-made pasta, there are special Italy packages that take you on a pasta-making tour of Florence, to all the homes and shops that make hand-rolled pasta, and food tours that are a delight to the palate.
Location: Florence, ItalyPrice: 68 Euros (5,520 INR) approx.9. Pizza-making in NaplesNaples or Napoli is the birthplace of the world-famous pizza, and also one of the most beautiful places to visit in Italy. There are several independent pizzerias and ancient homes that give tourists a free pizza-making class. You can make your own pizza with the masters, using the freshest ingredients in the world when you are in Naples.
Location: Naples, ItalyPrice: 100 Euros (8,230 INR) for a four-hour pizza-making class10. Visit Juliet’s Balcony in VeronaVerona is known as one of the most beautiful cities in Italy, and also the city of love. You can check out what is known as “Juliet’s Balcony”, which is believed to be the famous balcony from Shakespeare’s play- Romeo and Juliet. People from all over the world come to this balcony to write out their declarations of love and take in the ancient, beautiful surroundings.
Location: Via Arche Scaligere, 2, 37121 Verona, ItalyEntry fee: Free entryTimings: Open 24 hours
Which are the famous lakes in Italy?1. Lake Bolsena: This scenic delight is one of the most beautiful lakes in Italy where you can see the Etruscan ruins and the charming churches. It falls on the way from Rome to Tuscany and helps you appreciate a good day amidst nature doing birdwatching or swimming in the cool waters.
2. Lake Como: One of the most popular lakes in Italy, Lake Como boasts of a depth of 400 meters. The picturesque landscape will be best witnessed by hopping on ferry rides through the villages by the lake.
3. Lake Maggiore: This is the second largest lake in Italy which you can find on the southern fringes of the Alps. The best way to enjoy this lake is to take a cable car ride to Matterhorn or take a cruise.
4. Lake Ledro: Known for its awe-inspiring beauty, Lake Ledro is well-known for its crystal clear waters. It will inspire all the history buffs as there are many archaeological remains which are sited here from the Bronze Age.
Which are the most romantic things to do in Italy?Here are some of the most memorable things to do for a couple in Italy, as part of your Italy Tour Packages:
1. Take a ride on a gondola in VeniceOne of the most romantic things you can possibly do in Italy is taking a midnight cruise on a gondola through the grand canals of Venice, under the starlit sky. You can pre-book your ride, and also negotiate with your gondola driver about the price, but whatever the cost, the experience is truly worth it.2. Toss a coin into the Trevi FountainThe Trevi Fountain in Rome is believed to be the fountain of lovers. Any couple who toss a pair of coins into this magical fountain is said to find eternal love. If this isn’t the most romantic thing to do when you are in Italy, then we don’t know what is!3. Take a short holiday in Lake ComoLake Como has turned into one of the most sought-after destination wedding sites, because of its ethereal natural beauty. The sparkling azure waters flanked by the green hills of Italy make for the most beautiful view as you sip on champagne and dine on authentic Italian food with your significant other.4. Dine on seafood in SicilyThe coastal town of Sicily is an incredibly romantic place to take your partner to when you are touring Italy. You can enjoy some of the best seafood in Europe when you are in Europe. Sicily has seafood restaurants that use the freshest seafood and offer it to you in scenic, coastal settings.5. Go horse riding in TuscanyThe landscape of Tuscany is perfect for romantic activities such as horse riding and strolling. The Chianti region in Tuscany is known for its rolling vineyards (that also produce some of the best wine in the world), which is the ideal place to go horse riding with your significant other in the sunset.
How to reach Italy?By Flight:
The two main international airports in Italy are the Venice Marco Polo Airport and the Milan Malpensa Airport. Italy also has other prominent and important international airports in Florence, Rome and Pisa. Several national and international flights are connected to major cities in the world through these airports. From here, you can book cars, buses and domestic flights to take you to other places in Italy.
Almost all of the major cities in Italy have train stations that are connected to other European cities such as London, Paris, Barcelona and others. The main train hub for all incoming trains to Italy is in Milan. However, if you want to access Southern Italy, then Rome also has a train station with an expansive train schedule.
Travelling by road to Italy is not the most feasible option since Italy shares its borders with several countries such as France, Switzerland, Slovenia and Austria. To access Italy by road, you have to get the necessary permits and permissions.
What is the best time to visit Italy?The best time to visit Italy is during the season of spring which occurs from April to June and during fall which lasts from September to October. This is when the weather is relatively pleasant, and more importantly, the tourist season hasn’t started yet or has just ended. Tourists flock to Italy during the summer when the weather is also warmer, and the prices of tours and goods are much higher. This is the perfect off-season to explore this beautiful country.
How much does a trip to Italy Cost?If you are travelling from India, a week-long trip to Italy should cost you anything between 2,00,000 INR – 3,00,000 INR, which is approximately 2,457 Euros – 3,688 Euros. This is inclusive of your flight fares, accommodation, tours, activities, local transportation and food.
How to reach Italy from India?There are direct flights from the Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi which connect directly to the Leonardo da Vinci- Fiumicino Airport (FCO) in Rome. These flights are operated by Air India and Alitalia Airlines. You can also avail connecting flights, which take a little longer but take you to the major airports in Venice and Milan. A direct flight from Delhi to Italy takes around 8 hours and 15 minutes. You can also avail a direct flight to Italy from other cities such as Amritsar and Mumbai.
Is food cheap in Italy?Yes, Italy is a country known for its food, and you can get a good, wholesome, authentic Italian dish for very low prices at almost every corner. A meal for one at a local diner will cost you around two at a moderately good restaurant will cost around 15 Euros (1,220 INR) while dinner for two at a very fancy restaurant can cost anything between 65 Euros (5,293 INR) to 75 Euros (6,050 INR).
What is Italy famous for?Italy is one of the oldest, most culturally rich and naturally beautiful places in the world. It is famous for its extraordinary contribution in the fields of fashion, art and architecture, cinema, literature and history. One of the most significant things that Italy and its people are famous for is their food, which they prepare, cook and consume with passion.
Italian pasta, spaghetti, lasagna and wine are renowned the world over. Italy is also home to some of the most famous landmarks in the world such as the Colosseum, the Venice canals, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the city of Pompeii, Lake Como, Florence Duomo Santa Maria del Fiore, St. Peter’s Basilica, the Sistine Chapel, Vatican City and many such outstanding attractions.
How many days are enough in Italy?It is imperative that you spend at least 10 days in this beautiful country to absorb the essence of this place, and explore all the attractions it has to offer. Italy is a complete tourists’ delight with spectacular things to see and places to visit, and if you are short on time, you can even cover all the major spots in 2-3 days.
Is Italy expensive to visit?No, if you plan your trip intelligently, and budget yourself from beforehand, it is in fact, very easy to pull off a budget trip in Italy. Once you land in this country, you can find refuge in cheap and welcoming accommodations, sustain yourself through the many affordable eating options and tour the country on road via buses, trains and cars to cut down on expenditure.
How is Italy weather?Italy generally experiences Mediterranean climate all year round. The summers are hot and dry and the temperature varies between 17 degrees to 21 degrees Celsius. The winters are cool and wet and the temperature drops down to 3 degrees to 5 degrees Celsius. The most pleasant weather prevails during the months of March, April and May, September, October and November, which consists of the spring and fall season, when the temperature is moderate and the skies are clear.
How many days are enough in Rome?2 to 3 days are enough to tour the most important landmarks in Rome. However, if you want to truly explore the deep roots and incredible culture that Rome has to offer, then you should ideally spend a week here.
Is Italy good for honeymoon?Yes, Italy is one of the most romantic places for newlyweds, not only in Europe, but in the world. The natural landscape of Italy feels like you are being transported to a different world, and you can tour historical places, and go on romantic tours in places like Rome and Venice.
How safe is Italy for tourists?Italy is generally considered as an overall safe country for both tourists and citizens. However, it is a country that is bustling with people, where tourism is one of the major pillars of the economy. This makes petty thefts and minor pickpocketing an unavoidable nuisance, which you can avoid if you are careful with your belongings when you are travelling.
What makes Italy so special?There are several aspects of Italy which makes it one of the most beautiful and sought-after countries in Europe. The hospitality of its local people is a big draw for tourists, who are even allowed to enter into the homes of locals to understand more about their life and culture.
Food plays a major role in the lives of Italians, and you can sample some incredible Italian food when you are there. Italy is also famous for some of the most notable historical attractions in the world, such as the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the Colosseum, and paintings by Michelangelo.
Do I need a visa for Italy?You can tour Italy and all other members of the Schengen Area for business purposes, for up to 90 days without a visa. For these areas, you only require a valid passport issued within the last ten years. However, for anything else, you need a valid passport along with an Italian Visa to enter the country.
How much time does it take and cost to get a visa to Italy?The processing time of a visa to Italy for short-stay may take up to 15 days. Depending upon the situation it may take up to 30 days as well. Some rare and exceptional cases may take up to 60 days’ time.
- The short-term visas up to 90 days costs around 80 Euros (6,511 INR)- The long-term visas applicable more than 90 days costs approximately 115 Euros (9,360 INR)
What documents should you carry while travelling to Italy?Your passport is the only main document you need to carry while travelling Italy, along with your approved visa papers. The passport needs to be valid for three months beyond the intended stay in Italy. If you are a citizen of a European Union state, the only document you will require is a national identity card in order to travel to Italy. Apart from this, it is always advisable to carry a government-issued ID and other IDs for emergencies.
Is it safe for solo woman travellers to go Italy?Italy is comparatively a very safe city for a solo female traveller to explore on her own. As long as the basic precautionary measures are taken, it is perfectly feasible to tour Italy on your own. If you wish to travel in groups to some of the major attractions, then you can also book group tours.
Is it worth spending a honeymoon in Italy?The romantic and the picturesque country of Italy is worth your every penny when you are planning your honeymoon. The romantic cities, the lush landscapes, the luxurious resorts, quaint villages and memorable activities make a visit to Italy the perfect honeymoon for newlyweds.
Is Rome worth visiting?Yes, if you are visiting Italy, then you must visit Rome. Rome is the epicentre of some of the most historical events in the world, and also a place that is home to several historical artefacts and memorabilia. Apart from this, it is also a culturally rich city, known for its walkways, meeting squares, monuments and food.
What is the currency of Italy?The currency of Italy is the Euro. That is the primary currency used in all parts of the country for transactions. 1 Euro is approximately 80 INR.
What is the local food in Italy?The staple food of Italy consists of:- Pasta of various kinds- A variety of cheeses like the mozzarella, parmesan, pecorino, gouda and ricotta- Tomatoes- Fish- Meat and seafood- Excellent quality olive oil
Why is the Leaning Tower of Pisa famous?The Leaning Tower of Pisa, which is a historical medieval tower is famous for its askew structure. The nature of the foundation has caused the tower to lean a little bit, precisely 5.5 degrees from the straight angle when it was built in the late 14th century. What makes it even more interesting is that architectural experts predicted that the inclination of the tower was increasing every year, and by 2020, the tower would collapse.
However, it has been 20 years since, and the tower still stands tall in its strange position (that some consider an architectural miracle). It is a great place for a photo, so if you are visiting the Leaning Tower of Pisa, make sure you have a camera with you!
What is famous in Italy for shopping?Italy manufactures some of the best home-grown products that you can take back with you after your vacation. Here are a few items you can pick up on your Italy tours:
1. Borsalino hatsBorsalino has been making hats since 1857 and people from all over the world flock to this quaint hat-maker in Alessandria, Piedmont. Even people like Al Capone wore hats made by Borsalino, and it would be incredible if you could get one for yourself as well.2. Olive OilWhile olive oil is widely available all over the world, there is something different about getting a bottle or two right from the source, where the crops are grown in the backyard of the shops. You will find some incredible, pure, virgin olive oil in South Tuscany.3. Cheese and wineItalians are very serious about their wine and their cheese, which means some of the best cheeses and the tastiest wines are produced in the country. You can head to places like Abruzzo and Montalcino are great places to consider if you want to take home a delicious local wine.4. Italian shoesNo matter where you go in the world, you must have heard of Italian shoes as the standard for good shoes everywhere. So when you are in Italy, it is imperative that you buy shoes from famous shoemakers that you can find in Florence, Airola, Casandrino in Naples, Corridonia, Bologna, Milan and other places.
Which are the best cities to explore in Italy?Comprehensive Italy Packages take you to some of the best cities in Italy, where you can find the best historical attractions, the most stunning views and some of the most authentic Italian food and wine. Here are the cities that you have to visit when you are in the country:
1. RomeIt is essential that you visit Rome, the capital of Italy when you are on your vacation. Most of the major tourist attractions including the Pantheon and the Colosseum can be found here. Rome is also known for its local food shops and pizzerias, and the many other historical monuments scattered all over the city.2. VeniceVenice is a city unlike any other in the world- with its submerged buildings, canals in place of roads, floating markets and beautiful historical artefacts. This is one of the world’s oldest and most romantic cities, and a visit to Venice is definitely something you can check off your bucket list.3. NaplesNaples is one of the most beautiful places in Italy, and also one of the less crowded ones. It is the birthplace of the pizza, and it is also famous for its wine. You can take in the incredible natural views from the coast of Naples, and if you want to travel to places like Pompei and Amalfi coast, this is the perfect base for you.4. FlorenceFew cities in the world are as beautiful and as old as the flourishing city of Florence, where you can go sightseeing, wine-tasting, shopping, food touring and much more.
Which are the best road trips in Italy?Italy is the perfect country for road-tripping, because of its well-connected cities and districts and well-built roads and highways. Here are some of the best road trip tours in Italy you can sign up for when you are booking your Italy Holiday Packages:
1. Amalfi CoastThe Amalfi Coast road trip is for nature-lovers, food-lovers and adventure seekers. The beautiful blue waters with the green hills make for the perfect views when you are driving through this part of Italy.2. Stelvio PassYou can also drive through mountain ranges in this beautiful road trip that takes you to places such as Bormio, Bolzano, Livigno and Stelvio. You can also check out the Ortler Alps in Northern Italy on your way.3. TuscanyA road trip in and around Tuscany consists of driving through 63 miles of unadulterated, stunning scenery, where you can catch sunsets, sample the local food and wine and interact with the best version of nature.4. Lake GardaWhile most people seek out Lake Como, when it comes to road trips, there is no better place than Lake Garda, where you can catch some stunning views of old Italian mansions that look beautiful against the backdrop of the snow-capped Alpine mountains.
Which are the best areas to stay in Italy?Almost all the cities in Italy are equipped to accommodate tourists for their short (or long) vacations However, when you are choosing your Italy tour packages, you can choose a city to set up base in, and then tour the rest of the country or the surrounding areas till you shift base again.
1. RomePlaces like the Vatican and Stazione Termini are ideal places to stay because of the easy accessibility to all the transportation hubs and tourist attractions.2. The Amalfi CoastWhen you are in the Amalfi Coast, you can check out places like Ravello and Maiori and Positano, where there are beachside resorts, hotels and villas ideal for couples and families.3. VeniceVenice is a great place to stay and there are several hospitable areas such as Giudecca, Dorsoduro, Cannaregio and Santa Croce which are accessible and safe.4. FlorenceFlorence has many beautiful, budget-friendly and accessible neighbourhoods such as Duomo, San Marco, Santa Croce, etc.
Which are the best places for a vaporetto ride in Italy?Vaporettos are water buses that ferry locals and tourists from one place to another. A large part of Italy’s borders consists of coasts, which means there are many places where you can take a Vaporetto to get around.
1. VeniceWhen it comes to waterways and their corresponding transportation, there is no better place to explore than Venice. There are several Vaporetto rides that operate at regular intervals that you can take to explore the city.2. Lake ComoOne of the best ways to explore the beautiful landscape of Lake Como is by taking a Vaporetto ride that takes you to all the important attractions and viewpoints.
What are the free things to do in Italy?As part of your Italy Tour Packages, you can also check out a number of wonderful free activities that you can do in Italy. Here are some of the best free things you can do here.
1. Walk down the Via AppiaThis is one of the oldest highways in Italy that connected ancient Rome with other cities in South Italy. You can still walk on this historical highway and take in the sights along the way.2. Visit the Trevi FountainThe Trevi Fountain in Rome is one of the most magical places, where it is believed that throwing a coin in can grant you true love, and guarantee your return to the city of Rome. The best part is, it is absolutely free!3. Stroll through the streets of VeniceVenice is an incredibly beautiful city with canals and submerged buildings. Even if you are not paying for a gondola ride, walking along the canals is absolutely free and very rewarding.4. Watch the view from Piazzale MichelangeloThis little viewpoint is situated in Florence from where you can see the whole city of Florence, and its surrounding countryside in an unparalleled view.5. Have a picnic in TuscanyThe Tuscan sun is famous the world-over for its golden glow that makes the Tuscan countryside look ethereal. Having a picnic in one of these meadows is one of the most memorable experiences you can have in Italy, and it is absolutely free!
What is there to do in Italy at night?You can sign up for specially crafted Italy packages that show you around this beautiful country by night. Here are the best things to do:
1. A night tour of the ColosseumThe grand structure in Rome looks even grander when you visit the place after sunset. The whole monument is lit with golden light, and the tours make you feel like you have been transported to another world.2. Take a Vespa rideVespas, or scooters, are one of the main modes of transportation in Italy. If you are in cities like Milan, Florence, Rome or Naples, you should definitely try taking a ride on a Vespa at night to see the city in a new light.3. Go on walking toursCities like Florence, Bologna, Rome, Venice and Milan offer walking tours of the city by night, which you can sign up for. You can check out the attractions of these cities without the usual crowd of tourists.4. Take a midnight ride in a gondolaWhile the canals of Venice are beautiful by day, they are even more romantic by night. A gondola ride at midnight is one of the best things to do in Italy after sundown.
What are the best adventure activities to do in Italy?The versatile landscape of Italy ensures that there are innumerable activities for adventure lovers. Here are some of the best activities you can enjoy as part of your Italy Holiday Packages:
1. Hiking and trekking in the DolomitesThe Dolomites are some of the most beautiful mountains in the world, and with 18 stunning peaks to explore, this is one of the best adventure activities you can enjoy when you are in North Italy.2. Kayaking in NaplesNaples is one of the most beautiful places in the world for kayaking because of its beautiful blue coast and its incredible hilly landscape. You can sail over the clear blue waters and take in the views as part of your adventure activities.3. Go scuba diving in the sunken city of BaiaLocated near Napoli, the Sunken City of Baia is a well-preserved city that can be found under-water. You can check out statues and monuments that are intact to this day when you go scuba diving in these waters.4. Heli-Skiing in PiedmontSkiing in the picturesque Valle Stura is an activity you are never going to forget. The snow-laden valley is still untouched by construction and development, which means you can find mile after mile of white snow to ski on.
Which are the famous museums in Italy?Some of the oldest civilizations were established and thrived in Italy, which means it is a historical treasure trove. All the specimens from Italy's vast and varied history are preserved in its many museums. Here are some of the best museums in Italy that you can visit as part of your Italy tour packages.
1. Museo Egizio in TurinThis is the museum that is home to more than 30,000 exhibits that come from all over the world, especially from Egypt.2. Cenacolo Vinciano in MilanWhen you visit this museum, you will be able to find iconic pieces of art such as The Last Supper painted by Leonardo da Vinci in the 15th century, along with many other such valuable historical pieces.3. Galleria Palatina in FlorenceThe Galleria Palatina is home to the entire private art collection that belonged to the famous Medici family of Italy.
Which are the famous buildings in Italy?Italy is home to not only some of the most beautiful architectural wonders that have existed for thousands of years but also some of the most recognizable monuments in the world. Here are some of the most notable buildings you can explore as part of your Italy tours:
1. The ColosseumPerhaps the most recognizable building is the Colosseum in Rome, which used to be an entertainment arena for ancient Romans of the 1st century AD.2. The Leaning Tower of PisaAnother incredible architectural wonder is the Leaning Tower of Pisa in Pisa, which rises out of the ground at an angle, and is a great place for a view of the city.3. St. Peter’s BasilicaThis ancient church in Vatican City is the place from where the Pope addresses the people, and the church is also home to the famous Sistine Chapel – a mural painted by Michelangelo on the ceiling of the church.4. Cathedral of Santa Maria del FioreThis old, brick church dominates the beautiful skyline of Florence and is considered one of the most iconic structures in Italy.
Which are the famous beaches in Italy?Italy’s Mediterranean beaches are some of the most sought-after beaches in the world because of its natural beauty and versatile nature. These are some of the most stunning beaches in the country, and also in fact, in the world:
1. Cala Goloritzé in SardiniaThis soft sand, limestone beach in Sardinia is a great place to hike in, and you can also go for a swim in the blue waters of the Mediterranean.2. Tropea BeachThe Tropea Beach is flanked by the Mediterranean Sea on one side, and a tall, ancient, 12th-century church on the other, which makes it an unparalleled spectacle.3. Marina Grande BeachThis gorgeous beach in Positano is known for its sandy walkways, luxury resorts and sports activities such as paragliding, swimming, etc4. Otranto BeachThis secluded, white sand beach in Otranto is not only a beautiful place to retire to, but also a great destination for food lovers who can sample the local seafood, cheese and wine.
What are the essential items one must pack when travelling to Italy?When you are travelling to Italy, you can carry all the basic things you need for a vacation. However, here’s a handy list to help make your travels more convenient.
- Passport- Government-issued ID- Medical kit with your personal medicines and prescription- Sun-protection gears such as sunscreens, hats, sunglasses, etc.- Winter clothes, boots and gloves for places in higher altitudes- A guide or a book about Italy- A dictionary that translated English to Italian for seamless communication- Extra cash for shopping and local travel- The paperwork provided to you when you are booking your Italy packages- A camera
Which are the famous vineyards for wine tours in Italy?1. Barolo Tour - King of Wines, Wine of Kings: Explore the beautiful Langhe wine region which is well known for producing the famous Barolo wine. The highlight of this tour is that you will get to taste many wines and visit a beautiful 13th century castle.
2. Wine and Truffles-Piedmont: This tour takes you to the place where Barbera wine is produced along with helping you enjoy the medieval charm of the city. Moreover, you will get to enjoy the most amazing white truffles on this tour.
3. Tuscany Winery Tours - Chianti, Montepulciano, and More: Explore the most picturesque landscapes of Italy in Tuscany. Here you can visit the wineries and get to know about the most famous wines in the world.
4. Castelli Romani Wineries - The Hills of Rome: Surrounded by charming lakes and castles, a visit to Castelli Romani will leave you awed by the world of wines. The tour also offers some of the most majestic views of Rome and the Mediterranean Sea.
5. Flavors of Vesuvius - With Visit to Pompeii: Enjoy the beautiful ruins of Pompeii and visit the winery at Mount Vesuvius National Park for an enthralling adventure in Italy tour packages. Along with tasting wines, you will get to sample many traditional dishes of Italy.
Which are the best hiking trails in Italy?1. Cinque Terre, Liguria: Pass through the myriad hued villages, turquoise blue waters and witness the most exhilarating views at Cinque Terre, Liguria. The best hiking trail is explored from Riomaggiore to Monterosso which is an easy trail and can be completed in 5 hours.
2. Tre Cime di Lavaredo, Dolomites: Escape the crowds by exploring the serene hiking trail at the Dolomites in Italy. The major highlights of this easy/moderate trail include the gorgeous limestone peaks and the verdant forests and can be completed in a day.
3. Alta Via, Dolomites: This trail is also famed to be one of the UNESCO world heritage sites and covers a distance of 150 km over 8-10 days. The landscapes that you will come across on this moderately difficult trail include the beautiful Braies Lake and the picturesque city of Belluno.
4. Selvaggio Blu, Sardinia: If you love mountaineering, this difficult trial will help you savour an adrenaline rush for 4 days over a 40 km trek. The breathtaking trail offers some mind-blowing gorges, cliffs, forests and the spellbinding views of Mediterranean Sea.
5. Stromboli, Aeolian Islands, Sicily: A paradise for nature lovers, this trail will take you to some of the most offbeat places in Italy. The major highlight of this trip will be passing through the volcanic landscapes which will take 4 to 6 hours covering this moderately difficult trek.