Cambodia has become one of the hottest tourist destinations today and Cambodia tour packages abound with numerous temptations. Unlike many other places, it’s not overly developed and travelers eager for a more rustic and traditional experience will find it here. It’s incredibly rich in history as heritage sites such as Angkor and Preah Vihear will quickly show. The sheer scale of these magnificent places will take your breath away.
Yet, the country has also had more than its share of bloodshed and sites like the Killing Fields are a sober reminder of its recent dark past. Alongside its historical and cultural aspects, contemporary Cambodia offers visitors plenty to see and do with shopping malls and markets enticing you to take home souvenirs, curios and trendy fashion items. You can sit down to a snack at one of several cafés with distinctive French decor and go bar-hopping at Siem Reap’s Pub Street.
Fans of the outdoors won’t lack for things to do either. There are several must-visit trekking spots and dirt biking trails as well as national parks you shouldn’t miss. Food lovers looking for an unforgettable gastronomical experience won’t be disappointed; this is where you can feast on traditional Cambodian fare with a touch of French essentials mixed in.
Depending on which part of the country you’re in, you can find cuisine with Thai, Vietnamese and Chinese influences. If you can’t wait to explore this amazing country, start planning your trip today. We’ve compiled a few important must-knows and tips to make your holiday one to remember.
Popular Cambodia Tour Packages
|Thrilling Cambodia Sightseeing 5 Days Tour Package 2021 | Flat 20% off||5D/4N||₹ 27000||5.0 star|
|Simply Siem Reap & Phnom Penh in 5 Days 2021 | Flat 12% off||5D/4N||₹ 25000||5.0 star|
|6 Days Cambodia Family Tour Package 2021 | Flat 16% off||6D/5N||₹ 28000||5.0 star|
|Charming Cambodia 4 Days Tour 2021 | Flat 25% off||4D/3N||₹ 24000||5.0 star|
|Cambodia Temple Tour | Discover Cambodia's Sacred Sites||6D/5N||₹ 49000||4.0 star|
People Also Ask About Cambodia Tours
Which are the best Cambodia tour packages?Here are some of the best Cambodia holiday packages:- Best Of Vietnam And Cambodia In 15 Days 2020 | Flat 14% Off
- Charming Cambodia 4 Days Tour 2020 | Flat 25% Off
What are the famous places to see in Cambodia?1. Kampot: Replete with the glorious French architecture, Kampot is a perfect retreat if you are looking for a gorgeous riverside vacation. The city has numerous beautiful attractions to visit including Bokor National Park, the Kampot Kampong Trach Caves and Durian Roundabout. One of the famous delicacies here is the scrumptious crab curry that you cannot afford to miss. Kampot also makes for a perfect destination for people who love adventure as it offers thrilling activities like stand-up paddleboarding.
2. Angkor Wat: A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Angkor Wat is considered to be the soul of Cambodia and is one of the major attractions to be visited. Nothing short of grandeur, this temple holds a religious significance and also possesses a statue of Lord Vishnu.
It is encapsulated by a 190 meter wide moat and holds a strong historical significance. Angkor Wat is intricately designed and the carvings reveal the tales of the past. With more than 3000 apsaras, each unique carved on the walls, this temple is popular and renowned among the tourists.
3. Phnom Penh: The riveting capital of Cambodia, Phnom Penh hasn’t lost its elegance and charm and still remains the most beautiful place to visit on the Cambodia tour package. An exotic city, it has become the hub of cafes and bars and entices the tourists from around the world.
Feast your eyes on the gorgeous and glorious French architecture and colonial houses that are an absolute sight to behold. The city is also home to numerous famous attractions that you should visit on the Cambodia holiday package.
4. Sihanoukville Beaches: A hub of multiple beautiful beaches, Sihanoukville beaches are world famous. Offering an atmosphere of serenity and tranquility, it allows you to sit back, introspect and just relax away from the humdrum of city life.
The place also offers snorkeling spots and you can also enjoy kayaking here. If you are a lover of adventure and excitement, this is the best place for you to visit on your Cambodia tour package. Relax or enjoy marine life, you are absolutely going to love this place.
5. Kratie: One of the best places to visit on the Cambodia holiday package during winter is this little quaint and marvellous town of Kratie. Situated on the bank of River Mekong, Kratie offers extremely delightful and splendid views of the sunset.
Witness the French colonial buildings that enhance the beauty of the town or engage in spotting the pretty dolphins, this town will make a place in your heart. Enjoy the delicacies and make memories here that you will cherish for a lifetime.
6. Krong Ta Khmau: One of the finest cities in Cambodia, Krong Ta Khmau is a home to several famous and prominent attractions that lure the tourists into travelling to this place. It is one of the best places to visit on a Cambodia holiday package.
The town possesses numerous temples, pagodas and you should not miss out on Wat Crocodile Hassan Pagoda while in Cambodia. If you are in the mood for a leisure and relaxed trip and do not want to visit the temples, this is the city for you.
7. Koh Rong: Possessing a vast number of beaches, Koh Rong is a heaven on earth island providing captivating experiences to the tourists. Listed among one of the best places to visit on Cambodia holiday package, it makes for an exquisite destination to witness.
You can also go snorkeling if you seek adventure as it is one of the most exhilarating experiences witnessing the jumpring fish, parrot fish, squids, diamond fish etc. The Coconut and Lonely Beach are the finest ones among others that you cannot afford to miss.
8. Poipet: One of the best places for people who love casinos and karaoke bars, Poipet is the place to witness the nightlife in Cambodia. Have the best time of your life and relish the famous Khmer coffee or visit the beer gardens on this Cambodia tour package.
Make memories worth cherishing and visit the Grand Diamond City and Tropicana Casino resorts for a fun experience. You can also witness the Cambodian architecture at the Kingdom Gate. There are numerous amazing places to stay here including Hak Huot Hotel, Holiday Poipet, Poipet Resort and Casino, Holiday Palace and many more.
What are the best things to do in Cambodia?1. Biking: With lush green surroundings embracing Cambodia, it is best to explore and go around visiting various attractions on cycling and biking tours. It is one of the convenient ways and the most fun at the same time. Biking is one of the best things to do on a Cambodia tour. The experience of riding through the beautiful, tranquil surroundings is unsurpassable.
2. Cruising: One of the most enchanting experiences on a Cambodia tour is cruising from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap on the famous Cambodian boat. Witness the surreal views of the sunset while you cruise, an absolute feast for your eyes and soul. Another unforgettable experience while you cruise is spotting the dolphins that is a tremendously beautiful sight to behold.
3. Enjoy Cambodian Cuisine: The most scrumptious food you will ever taste is the Cambodian food, the rice and fish. The rush of flavours in your mouth will transport you into another world and you will relish each bit of it. No matter how much you have, it is never enough and you will crave for more. If you are a seafood lover, this is the place for you.
4. Vitness Apsara Dance: One of the most beautiful things to do on a Cambodia tour is to witness the Apsara Dance, which is the traditional Khmer performance. You should not miss out on this for the love of theatrics, dance and culture as it depicts a story of historical significance. This vivid, colourful, striking performance is something that attracts the tourists.
5. Visit National Parks: Witness the rare and unique wildlife in the national parks and wildlife sanctuaries in Cambodia. If you love adventure and thrill, this is one of the most bewitching things to do on a Cambodia tour.
For all the nature lovers, a visit to the national parks will steal your heart because it allows you to witness nature and flora and fauna so close. Virachey National Park and Ream Park are among the two that you can visit for a delightful experience.
6. Relax at the Beach: The unspoilt beauty of the beaches in Cambodia will relax you to the core in that laid back environment. From beaches including Sihanoukville, Kep, Koh Rong and Ream, you can enjoy the beautiful views and relax in the hammocks losing yourself to peace and serenity surrounding you.
7. Scuba Diving: One of the most mesmerising experiences on a Cambodia tour is provided by Scuba diving at various sites on the Sihanoukville beach. The underwater marine life is a surreal site and you can witness the sting rays, starfish, nudibranch, seahorses, whale sharks and more. It is a perfect activity for people who love thrill and excitement.
8. Shopping: If you are a die heart shopper, then Cambodia markets will dwell in your heart. Make the most of your time while you are there and shop from a wide variety of handicrafts, gems, stones, wooden itesm, weaving silk, rice paper prints and more. You can visit the Angkor Night Market, Angkor Handicraft Association and the Russian Market.
9. Cambodian Spa: Treat yourself luxury and relaxation and make the most of the amazing, rejuvenating spa therapies in Cambodia. It is one of the major attractions and the most rejuvenating things to do on a Cambodia tour package. Enjoy the hot oil massage, aroma spa, deep tissue, slimming massage and hot stone.
10. Circus Show: With numerous dance, music, art and circus shows, it is one of the most entertaining things to do on a Cambodia tour package. It includes the performers from various age groups and the performances depict historical stories and more. It is an absolute delight to watch and will make your evening worthwhile.
What is the best time to visit Cambodia?November to April is the best time to visit Cambodia since it receives very little rain but the weather still remains pleasant. The country offers stunning clear skies to have a lovely holiday filled with relaxation and sightseeing during these months.
How to reach Cambodia?You can travel to Cambodia by air which is the most convenient option as Cambodia has international airports at Phnom Penh and Siem Reap. However, there is no direct flight from India to Cambodia and there will be a layover at one of the countries including Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia etc.
How much time does it take to get a visa to Cambodia?The application and process doesn’t take much time to be filled. However, the processing can take around three business days. If everything goes, then you will mostly receive your visa within 24 hours.
What is the cost for a tourist visa in Cambodia?The cost for a tourist visa in Cambodia varies depending on what type of visa you are applying for. If you need an e-visa, then it would cost you INR 2250 approximately and if you are willing to take a visa on arrival, it will cost you around INR 1500.
Do Indian passports need a visa for Cambodia?Yes, Indian passports need a visa for Cambodia. You can either take an e-visa or you also have the option of taking the visa on arrival. You should check for all the required documents while applying for the visa for a hassle-free process.
How much does it cost to tour Cambodia?The Cambodia travel package can cost you around INR 18000 for a week’s trip which is more than enough to explore and experience the country.
What's the currency of Cambodia?Cambodian riel is the currency of Cambodia and 1 Cambodian riel is 0.018 Indian Rupee. However, US dollars are also widely used in the country and ATMs sometimes also dispense dollars along with riel.
What is Cambodia best known for?Cambodia is known for its national symbol, Angkor Wat that attracts tourists from around the world. Home to the remains of the Khmer Empire, it is also one of the major sights worth witnessing on Cambodia travel package and has been recognised as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Is Cambodia worth visiting?Yes, Cambodia is absolutely worth visiting with innumerable attractions worth visiting in the country. From ancient temples possessing religious and historical significance to the beaches with unfaltering beauty, Cambodia is a country that should definitely top your bucket list. Relish the mouth watering delicacies and explore the culture and history of Cambodia to make the most your trip there.
How many days do you need in Cambodia?Three to four days are all you need in Cambodia to behold all the famous attractions and to have the time of your life. You can explore the history and culture of the country, visit the places offering delectable food and relax at the untouched beaches in these four days.
Which are the famous temples to visit in Cambodia?1. Angkor Wat: With one of the largest complexes in the world, Angkor Wat also makes for a national symbol of Cambodia. Recognised as the UNESCO World Heritage Site, this temple allures huge tourist footfalls to the country and is one of the major attractions worth witnessing on your Cambodia tour package.
2. Bayon: This is another famous temple in Cambodia and is also situated in the Angkor complex. Bayon is famous for the carvings that are worth a sight and there are also stone faces carved here. The tight passages make for the beauty of this place and is one of the most unique sites to be visited on Cambodia tour package.
3. Banteay Srei: In reverence of Lord Shiva, Banteay Srei is one the most religious and historical sites to be visited in Cambodia as it dates back to the 10th century. A photographer’s heaven, this temple possesses a pink sandstone which makes it all the more interesting to witness on Cambodia tour package.
4. Preah Khan: Surrounded by green trees all around, Preah Khan makes for one of the largest complexes in Angkor. The temple was built by Jayavarman VII in the memory of his father and possesses lovely stoneworks, carvings and decorations making it a beautiful sight to behold.
Which are the famous beaches to visit in Cambodia?1. Otres Beach: One of the beaches to relax and rest away from the hustle and bustle of city life, Otres Beach is your go to. Surrounded by shacks and flavoursome food, it is your perfect getaway on a Cambodia trip package when you wish to forget about the worries and just lose yourself into the peace surrounding this place.
2. Koh Tonsey: Away from the hubbub of city life, Koh Tonsey is a beach surrounded by beautiful greenery and some of the huts. Walk barefoot on the sand for a beautiful experience or relish the local food available on the shoreside, it will be an amazing experience.
3. Long Beach: Also known as Sok San Beach, Long Beach is one of the most gorgeous beaches to visit on your Cambodia tour package. The white sand looks beautiful and the surroundings enhance your experience on this beach. Visit this beach while you are on your Cambodia trip package and you will never be disappointed.
4. Sner Beach: Tucked in the peaceful and tranquil surroundings, this beach is located away from the chaos of the city life. Sner Beach is known for its laid back atmosphere and stunning beauty, a place where you just mellow out, relax, rejuvenate and make the most of your Cambodia trip package.
Which are the best pilgrimage tours in Cambodia?
The tour packages always include a visit to ancient sacred sites. The top destination is Angkor Wat, a massive temple complex of 160 hectares that’s become the face of Cambodia today. Wat Phnom is another sacred site and is also the tallest religious structure in Phnom Penh, the country’s capital.
The Preah Vihear Temple in Preah Vihear was an important center of pilgrimage too. It’s located on the Dangrek Mountain Range and has a terrific view of the surroundings.
Which are the best areas for a food tour in Cambodia?
Feasting on Cambodian food is one of the highlights of any visit to this stunning country no matter the tour package you choose. If you’re here to eat (among other things) a food tour will introduce you to all the flavours of Cambodia. A tour of Siem Reap will open up a world of culinary delights that are a mix of Cambodian and French influences.
If you’re in Phnom Penh, a tour of the morning markets is how you should start your day. Do try babaw, a humble yet delicious and nourishing breakfast that people here love to feast on.
Which are the localities for shopping in Cambodia?A visit to Cambodia is incomplete without some shopping thrown in. Its shopping destinations range from bustling night markets that sell affordable handicrafts and souvenirs to upscale shops and malls where you can pick up an assortment of items like fashion goods and accessories. Here are the best places to splurge –
- Psar Thmei, Phnom Penh
- Angkor Night Market, Siem Reap
- Tuol Tom Poung Market, Phnom Penh
- Tapang, Sihanoukville
- Psar Chaa, Siem Reap
- Rajana Phnom Penh
- Bric-a-Brac, Battambang
- Aeon Mall, Phnom Penh
- Smateria, Siem Reap.
What are the best nightlife experiences in Cambodia?Cambodia has a pretty decent nightlife scene and even if the package don’t necessarily include them as part of the package, you need to take time out to visit them. Take a look at the top nightlife spots in and around the country –
- Police Beach (party twice a week), Koh Rong
- Nest Beach Club, Long Set Beach Koh Rong
- Miss Wong, Siem Reap
- Picasso Bar, Siem Reap
- FCC Angkor, FCC Angkor Boutique Hotel, Siem Reap
- Mezze Lounge & Nightclub
- The Angkor What?, Siem Reap
- Maybe Later, Sihanoukville
- Dolphin Shack, Sihanoukville
- Five Men Fresh Beer, Sihanoukville
- Bar From Home, Sihanoukville
- Eclipse Sky Bar, Phnom Penh
- Riverhouse The Lounge, Phnom Penh
- Bar.sito, Phnom Penh
- Le Bouchon Wine Bar, Phnom Penh
- Mango Mango Lounge & Pub, Phnom Penh
- 21 Bar, Phnom Penh.
Which are the top tours for a cultural experience in Cambodia?
Immerse yourself in the heritage of the country with cultural experiences. One of the most popular tours you can do is the Angkor Wat tour where you’ll visit the famous temple complex. A tour to the Tonle Sap floating village is another sought-after choice.
For a lesson on Cambodia’s recent dark history at the hands of the Khmer Rouge, you can do a tour of the Killing Fields and the Genocide Museum.
Which are the best cycling tours in Cambodia?
Slow down your pace and take your time exploring different parts of the country on a cycle with the tour packages. You can start at the capital city of Phnom Penh and visit the Royal Palace, Wat Phnom, Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum and the infamous killing fields of Choeung Ek.
If ancient history fascinates you, a cycling tour of Siem Reap with attractions like Angkor Wat is perfect.
What are the best honeymoon tours in Cambodia?
Angkor Wat is the most popular attraction in Cambodia and honeymoons that revolve around visits to the vast temple complex are the best romantic Cambodia tour packages. A tour of Siem Reap and Phnom Penh with the last few days in Sihanoukville will help you experience different aspects of the country.
What are the top national parks to visit in Cambodia?There are several national parks that offer visitors a great opportunity to see native wildlife so try to choose a package that include a visit to them. These are the best parks to visit –
- Botum Sakor National Park
- Kep National Park
- Phnom Bokor National Park
- Ream National Park
- Kirirom National Park
- Phnom Kulen National Park.
Which are the most popular heritage tours in Cambodia?
Angkor embodies the Cambodia of old and a visit to this heritage site is included in most popular heritage tours. The Temple of Preah Vihear is next. This 11th century series of sanctuaries boast beautiful stone carvings and the site as a whole is very well preserved.
Sambor Prei Kuk is another popular heritage site to tour. It dates back to the 7th century and is the location of ancient Ishanapura.
Which are the most adventurous trekking tours in Cambodia?
Banlung is one of the top trekking destinations and outdoor lovers can choose these and include it in the itineraries. Cardamom Mountains is another sought-after region with its dense rainforest.
Can I a solo travelling tour in Cambodia? What are the precautions to take?Yes, you can travel solo but booking these packages may help you feel safer. Accommodation and dining are taking care of and tourist-friendly destinations are chosen to make your experience more enjoyable. If you’d rather go it alone, keep these points in mind:
- Cambodia is not as tourist developed as Thailand so facilities are fewer.
- Stay on the well-trodden path when trekking as there are many undiscovered landmines in rural areas. Hiring a guide is a must.
- Avoid moving around late at night especially in Sihanoukville and Phnom Penh. Some travelers report being harassed and also being ripped off by tuk tuk drivers. Siem Reap is considered markedly safer for solo travelers.
Where are the best dirt biking experiences in Cambodia?
Siem Reap is the place that offer the dirt biking adventures and cover most of the part of the country. If you want to venture further and fancy a longer tour, head to Cardamom Mountains.
Which are the best wildlife experiences in Cambodia?
There are several great places where you can witness wildlife and you can also book exclusive packages that focus on nature and wildlife experiences. The most popular are Elephant Valley Project, Mondulkiri Project and Phnom Tamao Wildlife Rescue Centre.