When visiting the beautiful Western Ghats of Kerala, it is almost customary to stay at Wayanad, a beautiful hill station silently residing amidst the flora and fauna offered by the luscious green surroundings. The literal meaning of the name Wayanad is paddy fields or agricultural lands, derived from Vayal Nadu where Vayal means paddy fields and Nadu implies land. Dwelling in the thick rain clouds Wayanad is one of the most scenic places offering the most comfortable stays to their tourists. One of the best and unique places to stay in Wayanad are the tree houses or cottages located amidst the forests. Watching the coniferous forests play hide and seek through the gloomy fogs is a mesmerizing experience to rendezvous with when staying in Wayanad. Rich with a history of the reigns and civilizations that have been surviving through the years is rather a captivating episode to adhere. While the majestic hills are an envelope with the traditional plantations of pepper, vanilla, cardamom, coffee and tea, the waters of the serene lakes and waterfalls plays a melodious contrast against the setting.
The surviving species of the forests go about doing their duties just as nature has designed for them, while visitors meander through the land watching them in awe. Wayanad is always in its full charm spellbinding its visitors through the year. The wildlife sanctuary is one of the most popular excursion activity that attracts a crowd from all parts of the world all year round. It has some of the most unique places to stay in Wayanad, around the sanctuary. This land has seen no less of photographers and wildlife lovers walk over its soil to capture some of the most pristine moments in nature. Karthigai and Vishnu are the highly celebrated festivals of Wayanad in December and April respectively, followed as per the Malayalam calendar. These are the two seasons when Wayanad hosts a maximum number of people. Devotees gather here together rejoicing in the rituals and traditions performed.
Popular Places To Stay in Wayanad
|Hilltop Resort Stay at Wayanad - Flat 25% Off||2D/1N||₹ 1300||5.0 star|
|A Relaxing Villa Stay into the Lush Green Landscapes of Wayanad||2D/1N||₹ 1999.0||4.0 star|
|A Quiet Hideaway Amidst the Lush Outdoors of Wayanad||2D/1N||₹ 1699.0||5.0 star|
|A Villa Stay Amidst Vast Coffee Plantations of Wayanad||2D/1N||₹ 1499.0||4.0 star|
|Private Boutique Cottages In Wayanad||2D/1N||₹ 1599.0||4.0 star|
People Also Ask About Wayanad Stays
What are the best places to stay in Wayanad?
The best places to stay in Wayanad are as follows -
1. Hilltop Resort Stay: This experimental homestay of Wayanad promises an entirely different zone from where you can enjoy a 360-degree panoramic view of the vast stretches of the Kurabalakota mountain ranges.
Price: 1300 INR onwards.
2. Vythiri Resort: Nestling amidst a blissful lush green forest cover, the Vythiri Resort is an exquisite location featuring 9 huts, 18 cottages, and 6 rooms.
Price: 27000 per couple.
3. Contour Island Resort: One of the best luxurious Wayanad resorts, the Contour Island Resort offers an ultimate all-inclusive stay package inclusive of regular buffet meals, swimming pool facilities, indoor and outdoor games, trekking, and camping adventures.
Which are the best places to camp stays in Wayanad?
The best campsites in Wayanad are -
1. Wayanad Adventure Camping: Located deep within the deep canopy shades of the dense, lush green foliage and picturesque vistas, Wayanad Adventure Camping stay includes adrenaline-pumping activities such as Burma bridge climbing, rock climbing, and commando net.
2. Seagot Banasura Camping: Seagot Banasura Camping site offers you a great adventurous stay experience amidst the charming beauty of luxuriously rich greenery of the surrounding mountainous ranges.
3. Wayanad Jungle Camping: Surrounded all over with lush green beauty, the Wayanad Jungle Camping site offers tent stays on sharing basis.
What is the best time to visit Wayanad?September to April is the best month to plan your Wayanad visit. This is the time when the monsoons emerging from southwestern regions come to a halt, thereby facilitating the beginning of north-west monsoon.
The influence of the north-west monsoons in Wayanad lasts until November. Throughout this period, you will see Wayanad wrapped around with the love of Mother Nature.
Is Wayanad worth visiting?Yes, visiting Wayanad is worth every single penny which you invest in. The presence of misty mountain ranges, pristine rivers, splendid forest ranges, and cascading waterfalls all make Wayanad a great tourist spot to travel. Besides, the region is also famed both for its unspoilt nature and wildlife parks.
Which are the best resorts to stay in Wayanad?
A beautiful journey is always complete with a great stay. People travel to kick off the mundane routines and break free. Moreover, while the adventures of the journey keep one upbeat, the body, the mind and the soul demands for its rest to re-boost itself. Wayanad being of the prettiest hill stations on the Western Ghats has more and more stay options coming up by the year. Some of the best resorts to stay in Wayanad listed below:1. Cybele Hill Resort: Within a 100kms from Calicut and one of the highest points in Wayanad, giving you to dwell and live above the clouds.
2. Wyldwater Retreat: Amidst the thick tropical forests, this is an enjoyable destination stay for families, couples, and backpackers.
3. Banasura Hill Resort: If you are looking for an Eco stay, it cannot get better than this resort. The thatched hay roofs add a different personality to this place amidst all the greenery.
4. Kedara Village Resorts: Offering a wide range of room selection from treetops to Keralite Villas, this resort aims to make your stay memorable with food cooked from their Organic Farms and Spice gardens.
5. Banasura Island Retreat: For the ones dreaming to live on an island away from all the chaos, this resort is a dream come true. One can never get enough of the picturesque beauty this place has to offer.
6. Oxyfam Resorts: Situated in the Periya forest of Wayanad, this resort has a variety of herbs and shrubs filling up the botanic ambience, that attract unique and vibrant butterflies fluttering through the natural fragrances released and it is one of the best places to stay in Wayanad.
7. Seagot Banasura Resort: Many of us just cannot get the adventure out of us, no matter how calm a place maybe. This resort is one of the top attractions adventure-seeking tourists getting to try their hands out on various activities organized here.
Which are the best homestays in Wayanad?
A very common and popular quote ‘Home, away from Home’ id the perfect definition or answer to why one should always consider their options of a homestay when traveling. With the simplest lifestyle amongst the healthiest environment, Wayanad ha some of the best homestays to offer to their visitors.1. Sundar Mahal: This homestay placed a little less than 70 kms away from Kozhikode is an ancestral property imbibed in the history of generations that have resided here. This homestay plays an impacting role as a storyteller.
2. Meenmutty Heights: If you have already googled the images of the Meenmutty waterfalls, imagine living close to it from where you can hear the sounds of the water falling from a great height. Meenmutty Heights, for this reason, makes for a great stay at Wayanad.
3. Melvin's Homestay: With a striking view of the tea plantations covered in the misty clouds, Melvin’s Homestay is one of the best homestay destinations in Wayanad. The hospitality and food services of this place are highly spoken of and see people flooding here all year round and it is one of the best places to stay in Wayanad.4. Annapara Homestay: Known for the authentic Kerala cuisine and the panoramic view enveloping this home, Annapara Homestay leaves you mesmerized throughout your vacation. The alluring peaks around this homestay demand you to extend your stay longer to experience everything it has to offer.
5. Misty Meadows Homestay: For the adventurous souls looking to hike in the early morning mists of Wayanad, Misty Meadows Homestay is the ideal match for you. Other than the leisure and comfort offered at this homestay, the team also organizes activities like rural biking, wildlife safari, and many hiking games to keep you engaged and upbeat throughout your stay.
What are the best romantic resorts in Wayanad for a honeymoon?
Hill stations are always one of the top destination picks for honeymooners all around the globe. The opportunity to get all cozy and warm in the chilly breeze of the mountains is always enticing to couples looking for a getaway together.
Wayanad residing in the Western Ghats and blessed with the thickest of the forest with serene lakes and waterfalls is the perfect setting for romance. With the highlight of tourism and the increase in the number of lovers visiting all year around, Wayanad has the best and comforting romantic resorts to stay. Below are some of the top picks in and around Wayanad.
1. Peter’s Coffee Creek Resort: Made and designed for the lovable hearts, Peter’s Coffee Creek Resort residing amongst coffee plantations gives you all the reason to pay attention to your loved one. The resort has Spa, Coffee Shop, Swimming Pool, Restaurant and many adventure activity facilities on the premises to serve you complete satisfaction.
2. Wayanad Silverwoods: In the town of Padinjarathara, situated on the banks of the Banasura Sagar the Wayanad Silverwood views into the calm waters that couples and enjoy watching in silence, cozily seated in the balconies. The Tholpetty wildlife sanctuary, Uravu Bamboo Gardens, Soochipara waterfalls are all at a close distance that makes up for beautiful spots for sightseeing.
3. Petals Resort: Cottage houses always make up for one of the best romantic stays when vacationing with your loved ones. The Petals Resort is situated on top of a hill only 100 meters away from the main road makes it a much likeable destination for its easy accessibility. Well furnished rooms in the style of Kerala and the authentic cuisines makes the stay more worthwhile. All amenities are well maintained with great 24 hour room service.
4. Silent Creek Resort: When you yearn to focus all your attention on your loved one, Silent Creek Resort is the perfect romantic resort in Wayanad for your honeymoon. Listed among the top boutique resorts this resort also unveils a range of heritage rooms amidst the comfort of nature. The climate and temperature are sure to add more bliss to your romantic getaway.
Which are the best budget stays in Wayanad?
What can be more perfect than fitting in a trip within a budget? We all work hard and stress ourselves to earn a good living, but once in a while our body, mind, and soul demand a break. While getting away is an enticing idea, we know the bitter truth it doesn’t come for free.
The best budget stays in Wayanad ensures you not having to shell out a huge cut from your savings and at the same time have the much needed break you desire for. Below is a list of some of the best budget stays in Wayanad that will leave you in awe for the kind of value they offer for the money paid.|
1. Hiliya Resort: Situated in a calm and quiet village Kenichira amongst the orchards and home grown vegetation, this resort comes with the charm of a home stay. The room facilities vary between private to dormitories for bigger groups with all the necessary amenities in place. The Hiliya Resort offers sessions on farming activities like coffee harvesting and rubber tapping which only widens the horizon of your knowledge.
2. Chembra Heritage Resort: Other than listing on some of the best budget stays in Wayanad, the Chembra Heritage Resort is also situated in an area very easily accessible from the various drop and pick-up points making it an ideal place to lodge in for travelers and backpackers. 1.6 kms away from Kalpetta New Bus Stand, this resort unwinds amidst the beauty of the luscious green hills all around.
3. Mist Heaven Hill Resort: Comforting beds, wide windows, fresh air and delicious food, the Mist Heaven Hill Resort has been opted by many to rest themselves in lush green surroundings. Many of the sightseeing spots are also in close distance from this resort. You will always be greeted with the happy and hospitable staff here.
4. The Kallat Hotel: If the resort is not what you are looking for and staying out for the most part of the day is on your agenda, you might as well opt for hotel rooms where you can take back your tired self to lay to rest after an adventurous hiking day. Situated on the Chembra Peak, don’t be mistaken that you will miss out on any panoramic view for not checking into a resort. The rooms are fitted with all the amenities desired by their guests to ensure they have a happy and splendid stay.
Which are the most luxury resorts in Wayanad?
The richness of the forests, the abundance of flora and fauna, the brightness of nature’s shade and the smell of freshness that defines Wayanad inculcate a desire within to invest your time in luxuriously comforting stays to enjoy this hill station at its best. With its blessed scenic beauty, some of the most luxurious resorts in Wayanad is listed below.
1. CGH Wayanad Wild: Let go and let the wilderness take you in at the CGH Wayanad Wild. Equipped with specially designed rooms to respond to the comfort desires of their guests, this resort will leave you with no room to complain. Surrounded by exhilarating treks and serene paths to walk up the hill tops, the luxuries of this resort gets more and more addictive.
2. Kadavu Resort: The kind of greenery Kerala has in abundance, places influenced and practicing Ayurveda is only very obvious. The Kadavu Resort is one such luxurious Ayurveda resort residing by the backwaters. The surroundings and interiors of this place is well designed on the lines of organic showing great concern towards their guests making a stay.
3. Upavan Resort: Only 60 kms away from the Calicut Junction Railway Station, this luxurious resort is placed between the Lakkidi Hills of Wayanad. The ambience of this resort provides to comfort to tired beings looking to rejuvenate the energy within them. The Upavan Resort other than being famed for its hospitality is also known for organizing many activities on their premises and it is one of the best Wayanad places to stay.
4. Green Gates: The name is rightly owned by this resort and when walks through the gates, witnesses all the greenery this place is surrounded with. Located in Kalpetta, the Green Gates offers luxurious cottages to their guests nestled between winding pathways and tall trees. The cottages are independent and assure the privacy for your romantic getaways.
Which are the best tree house stays in Wayanad?
Not only for the children but it is also of great excitement for the adults to stay in tree houses especially in thick forests giving you the overlook panoramic view of all the greenery and mountains one is surrounded with. Wayanad nestling amidst the forests of the Western Ghats is a popular destination amongst tourists to choose Treehouses for their stay.
For many, it is like living the tales of Tarzan and Mowgli that we have all learnt about while growing up. The tree house stays in Wayanad gives a feel of being wild in the wilderness, even if it is for a very short while.
1. Vythiri Resort: The tree house stay facility of the Vythiri Resort is highly famous in the Wayanad region for how realistic a lifestyle these stays look. Placed on the high canopy trees, built with thatched roofs and bamboo walls and a hanging bridge leading up to the door, the Vythiri Resort tree houses are designed to enjoy nature at its best. These stays are very comfortable to lodge in throughout the year.
2. Heritage Treehouse: If you desire to closely encounter the rainforest and live amidst the fragrance of the spices grown on the slopes of the Wayanad hills, Heritage Treehouse is the pick for you. Situated on a 15 acre plantation, this treehouse is highly influenced by the heritage of Kerala. Wake up to the melodies of the birds singing and sleep to the lullabies of the crickets, this place takes you closest to nature that you can get.
3. Pepper Trail: As high as 40 feet, the treehouses in Pepper Trail overlooks the 200 acre spice and coffee plantations, giving you a clear view of the trails down the slopes. The luxurious wooden cabin on the tree accommodates large rooms with great amenities and also outdoor living spaces.
Which are the top tea plantation stays in Wayanad?
When imagining the hill stations of India whether up in the north or down south, whether the Eastern Ghats or even the Western, tea plantations is one of the most common images that pop up in our heads. The Wayanad hill station, without falling behind has acres of tea plantation covering the slopes of its hills.
Seeing the increase in tourism Wayanad has come up with comforting stays in and around the tea plantation to let travelers experience and be enlightened by the lifestyles led here. Following are the some of the top tea plantation stays in Wayanad.
1. Parison’s Farm Stay: Spread over 4025 acres of high quality tea plantation slopes and at a height of about 3000ft, the tropical forests in the background with fog covered peaks make up for the splendid view one witnesses her. The pleasures offered by the surrounding nature takes the mind to a different high and calm before one can even realize. Being lost in deep thoughts while gazing into view is only natural among the travelers who have visited this farm and it is one of the finest Wayanad places to stay.
2. Tea Garden Holiday Home: Wayanad being blessed with the ideal climate to harvest tea, only explains the number of tea plantations these holiday homes are surrounded with. The Tea Garden Holiday Home covers an area of 20 acres and is one of the prettiest distractions from your daily routine lives. Other than the usual spices, coffee, and tea this stay is also surrounded orchards of oranges, lychees, and avocados.
3. Planet Green Resort: 2100 ft. above sea level and gloriously spread over the Chembra Peak of Wayanad, the Planet Green Resort homes the tea plantation on these slopes and also offers one of the most hospitable stays for hiking travelers. While sipping on the piping hot filter coffee and listening to the chirping birds at a distance, one can enjoy the sight of watching the playful monkeys jumping about and doing their tricks on the premises and the nearby tree branches.
Which are some of the best spa resorts in Wayanad?
Famed for the traditional Ayurvedic practices, Kerala is rather an ideal destination to head to for spas that include natural ingredients and works wonders to release your stress by the minute. Wayanad belonging to the state of Kerala has adopted these practices and has been a home to some of the best Spa Resorts here.
To get away from that hectic stressful life and taking a break, it cannot get better than Wayanad. While you treat yourself to massages at the wellness treatments offered by the resorts, the surrounding nature and climate conditions send your mind to a different trance.
1. Vistara Resort: Highly acclaimed for the views and its infinity pool, the Vistara Resort is a newly constructed stay option that comes with the demanding luxuries of the travelers. This resort has also received great reviews for the spa services offered and hence ranks amongst the best spa resorts to stay in when traveling in Wayanad.
2. Vythiri Village Resort: A luxurious paradise, the Vythiri Village Resort again ranks amongst the best spa resorts of Wayanad. There are two kinds of spa services one can avail here i.e. Nawa Spa and Ayurveda. The former includes a session of yoga, meditation, and spa aiming to rejuvenate the body, mind, and soul. One feels like a new being when walking out of the doors of Vythiri Village and it is one of the best places to stay in Wayanad.
3. Blue Ginger Spa Resorts: Holding strong onto the roots of ancient heritage and upgraded with modern amenities, The Blue Ginger Spa Resorts is the perfect answer to rekindle and revitalize the tired souls feeling burdened by the responsibilities of city lives. With growing popularity, this resort is among the top preferences for a spa resort stay amongst the richness of greenery.
4. Windflower Resort & Spa: Situated in the Vythiri region of Wayanad, Windflower Resort & Spa sits on top of the tea and coffee estates of the hills in the Western Ghats. Imbibing the ambience of Buddhism, the wellness spa treatments are one of the best services to avail here for the souls seeking for inner peace and relaxation. Followed by the Ayurvedic treatments acquired here, one can even soak in themselves in the heated pools to complete their regime of pampering.