Take a one day trip to Shimla over a weekend and let yourself relish this bewitching hill-station. Over this one day trip you can explore the best of attractions including temples and churches to satiate your spiritual experience, museums and monuments to take a plunge into the city's history and the hills and waterfalls to soak in the boastful natural beauty.
Additionally, on this one day trip in Shimla, you can also enjoy many fun filled activities like trekking at Summer Hill, camping in Junga and cycling at Water Catchment Wildlife Sanctuary, while also engaging with the diverse flora and fauna at all these places.
Besides this, if you have kids and want them to have a memorable trip then you can also plan to spend your day at any of the amusement parks that Shimla has to offer. Therefore, check out our list to find out more about these and many other places in Shimla.
People Also Ask About Day Outs in Shimla
What are the best places to visit for a one day trip in Shimla?
These are some of the best places to visit for a one day trip in Shimla.
1. Christ Church: This is the second oldest church in the northern region of India. The pale yellow edifice has beautiful architecture that is admirable. You can come here to spend some time in peace and attend the Mass.
2. Shimla State Museum: The museum has a library, lush gardens and beautiful British era architecture. The building is a pleasant attraction for history and architecture enthusiasts. Here you can find displays of paintings, sculptures, artefacts and handicrafts that have preserved the heritage and culture of Shimla.
3. Tara Devi Temple: This is one of the many temples in Shimla. Considered to be of significance to the Hindu religion, the temple is settled on top of a hill. One can get here via Kalka-Shimla highway to seek spirituality, peace and harmony of the body and mind.
4. Viceregal Lodge: It is one of Shimla's most beautiful buildings. People can take a tour of this historic structure and admire its architecture as well as learn about the history. The Viceregal Lodge was the residence of the Viceroy of India from 1888 to 1946.
5. Water Catchment Wildlife Sanctuary: This place is a nature-lover's haven. Spread over 1000 acres of lush greenery, the place displays the finest flora and fauna. During your visit you can go on nature-walks and safaris to spot a variety of wildlife.
6. Gaiety Heritage Cultural Complex: This historical masterpiece was designed by Henry Irwin in Gothic style architecture with victorian accents. The once five storey building is among the top tourist spots. People can visit the Gaiety theater situated here.
7. Chadwick Waterfalls: The 1586 meters high waterfalls in Shimla is one of the top tourist destinations. Covered with dense oak and deodar forest, the milky-white cascading against the contrasting backdrop looks enthralling. During your visit here you can enjoy a picnic, swim in the water and hiking.
What is the best time to visit Shimla?
The best time to plan a trip to Shimla would be from March till June which is when the weather is idyllic for touring, sightseeing as well as indulging in adventure activities. Moreover, the winter months from November till February are also great, if you want to witness snowfall and enjoy activities like skiing, snowboarding etc.
How much does a one day trip to Shimla cost?
A one day trip to Shimla for one person can cost anywhere between 3500 - 4000 INR. This amount includes the travel fare from your respective location till Shimla and further travelling within the city, along with that are accommodations, food and sightseeing.
Also, the overall cost of the trip can vary depending on the accommodation one picks as well as activities and shopping expenses during the trip.
Is Shimla safe for couples?
Yes. Shimla is safe for couples, both married and unmarried. The city has a well established law enforcement that ensures safety of all the visitors and the locals. Moreover, from accommodation to the people in the city, they all are quite welcoming and friendly to the couples.
How far is Manali from Shimla?
The distance between Manali and Shimla is about 246 km on road via the NH-205 route. Also, the total duration to travel from one place to the other can take 7.5 - 8 hours.
Moreover, one can reach Manali from Shimla either by renting a taxi or driving in a personal vehicle or by bus.
Which place is better to visit, Shimla or Manali?
It would depend on the type of vacation you want since Manali and Shimla are both renowned holiday destinations in Himachal Pradesh. Each of these hill-stations have affluent natural environs, beautiful sceneries, plethora of activities as well as many attractions worth visiting.
While Shimla gets a bit crowded during its peak season, Manali remains quieter which is perfect as an escape from the bustling cities.
Is Shimla worth visiting?
Shimla is definitely worth visiting. It is one of the most popular hill-stations in Himachal Pradesh, known for its picturesque valleys and hills, rich vegetation and wildlife, it's history, shopping and much more. Thus, promising a memorable holiday.