1. Ranakpur Jain Temple: The magnificent Jain Temple is the main tourist attraction in Ranakpur. Situated in the Pali district of Rajasthan, this is one of 5 major pilgrimage centres for Shwetambhara Jains.
Spread over a vast area of 4,500 square yards, this temple features 29 elaborately decorated halls and a deity of the famous Tirthankara Rishabhanatha. This temple is also known as Chaturmukha Dharana Vihara. The colour changing columns change their colours from golden to pale blue as the day progresses and the light of the sun is reflected from various angles.
Location: Desuri, Ranakpur Rd, Sadri, Rajasthan 306702, India.
Timings: Monday to Sunday (7:00 am – 7:00 pm).
2. Surya Narayan Temple: The Surya Narayan temple is one of the most visited places in Ranakpur. This stone temple is dedicated to the Sun God and is visited by the devotees of Lord Surya Narayana.
The main attraction inside the temple is the artistic murals featured in circular structures. The temple also features a sculpted idol of Lord Surya riding a chariot driven by seven horses. The Amba Mata Temple situated nearby is also extensively visited by devotees and tourists.
Location: RJ SH 32, Ranakpur, Rajasthan 306702, India.
Timings: Monday to Sunday (6:00 am - 7:00 pm).
3. Muchhal Mahavir Temple: The Muchhal Mahavir Temple is one of the best examples of Jain temple architecture. This temple is situated within the Kumbhalgarh Sanctuary, in the Pali District of Rajasthan. It is a marvellous temple that is dedicated to Lord Mahavir - an avatar of Lord Shiva.
The temple also features two beautifully carved elephants that are placed in a guarding position at the entrance gate. You can also visit the Garasia Tribal Village located near the temple. This village is well known for its bright, colourful costumes and unique culture.
Location: Kumbhalgarh Sanctuary, Pali District, Rajasthan 306702, India.
Timings: Monday- Sunday (6:00 am - 8:00 pm).
4. Ranakpur Dam: One of the most serene and delightful places to visit in Ranakpur is the Ranakpur Dam. After exploring the village Ranakpur, you can come to this place and relax and unwind and watch a glorious sunset with your loved ones. This place is ideal for bird watching and a picturesque destination for avid photographers.
Location: Near Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary In Sadri, Pali District, Rajasthan 306702, India.
Timings: Monday to Sunday (5:30 am - 6:30 pm).
5. Sadri: Situated in the Pali district, the small town of Sadri is a popular tourist destination in Ranakpur. Sadri is known as a popular place of worship and is visited by Jain devotees all year round. The famous Jain Temple and Shri Parashuram Mahadev Mandir are situated in this region.
The other major attractions are the Varaha Avatar Temple and Chintamani Parasnath Temple. Sadri has 14 other ancient Jain Temples which include the Shri Mahakali Temple and the Vokkal Mata Temple. The town used to be under the reign of the Sindhal Rathores and now it works as a gateway to Marwar from Mewar.
Location: Pali District, Rajasthan 306702, India.
Timings: Monday to Sunday (8:00 am - 8:00 pm).
6. Narlai: Narlai is a small village that has become a popular tourist destination situated at a distance of approximately 6 km from Ranakpur. This hamlet is known for its famous Hindu and Jain temples. The Jain temple is dedicated to Lord Adinath, who, in the Jain faith, is known as the first Jain Tirthankara.
This temple is a fine example of marvellous Jain-temple architecture. The walls of the temple are adorned with artistic murals depicting historical events. The other striking feature of Narlai is the number of deep wells dug in order to supply water to the locals.
Location: Ranakpur, Rajasthan 306702, India.
Timings: Monday to Sunday (8:00 am - 7:00 pm).