Nightlife in PunePune Nightlife is a charming blend of the mainstream clubbing and boozy encounters to laid-back evenings, city sightseeing tours and ceasing late-night hunger pangs. A strong contender and competitor to Mumbai’s glittery nights, Pune does everything that the city of dreams does, and more. Areas like Koregaon Park, Mundhwa, Senapati Bapat Road etc. are points that have the most number of restaurants, pubs and clubs in Pune, catering to large crowds of Punekars and other tourists.
Besides this, Nightlife in Pune as mentioned earlier is more than the parties. Home to many monuments and historical attractions, one can become a part of walking tours that take you around these sites, or visit Shinde Chhatri and attend a sound and light show at Shaniwarwada for a different night-time experience.
But if the former ideas are not appealing to you, might we suggest some night adventures out and away from the city, into the wild. There are many camping and night trekking destinations in the Pune district, such as - Pawna Lake, Torna Fort, Velhe, and more. You can begin the fun with an evening-long drive to these spots and continue going with the flow through the night, making happy memories.
People Also Ask About Nightlife in Pune
Which are some of the famous places to visit in Pune at night?1. Shinde Chhatri: This is a beautiful memorial dedicated to one of the most prominent Maratha military leaders Mahadji Shinde. Built in the 18the-century, this is a three-storeyed monument that showcases elaborate carvings on the walls and Anglo-Rajasthani architecture. Other than that, there is also a Lord Shiva Temple within the vicinity, all of which can be visited for as late as 9 pm.
Location: Wanawadi Rd, Pune Cantonment, Pune, Maharashtra 411001.
Timing: 06:00 am to 09:00 pm; every day.
2. Chokhi Dhani Pune: Designed to resemble a village or a rural outback of Rajasthan, Chokhi Dhani in Pune is an outlet of the original resort of the same name in Jaipur. Sprawling on 7 acres of land, this place is where you can come with your family or a large group of friends to enjoy the nightlife in Pune. There are musical and dance performances, games, activities, henna artists and authentic food served in huge thalis for you to relish.
Location: Chokhi Dhani Rd, Wagholi, Pune, Maharashtra 412207.
Timing: 5:00 pm to 11:00 pm; every day.
3. Koregaon Park Road: This is the most bustling Pune Nightlife spot that brings together all the social, commercial and recreational facilities in one place. Spanning over a vast area, the entire Koregaon Park Road boasts of fancy bars and clubs, cafes and restaurants, shops, cineplexes and more such hangout places. One can also meet with the youthful local crowds who come out to party and relax here.
Location: Lane Number 6, Ashok Chakra Society, Meera Nagar, Koregaon Park, Pune, Maharashtra 411001
Timing: 12 midnight.
4. Velhe: Velhe is a small and quaint hamlet located at about 58 kilometres from Pune. A weekend favourite for adventurers and nature lovers, this place often arranges night camping adventures out in the wild.
The serene ambience, beautiful surroundings and all your loved ones around you, that is one way of spending nightlife in Pune. During camping, one can enjoy music, games, grilled foods, star gazing, bonfires and more.
5. Bhor: Bhor is a municipal town in the Pune district, located about 55 kilometres apart from the main Pune city. Much like Velhe, Bhor too is a loved cupping and adventure activity destination which is frequented by locals from neighbouring townships over long weekends.
The place has also garnered acclaim by getting featured in many TV shows and movies. So, to enjoy an outdoorsy evening, you can pitch tents, lit-up a campfire, go for a night trek and later cook some BBQ.
6. Pawna Lake: Pawna Lake and Dam is an artificially created water reservoir in the Pune district, on the Old Mumbai -Pune Highway. Apart from being a source of water supply to the city, this waterbody has also become a popular camping and picnic spot.
You can actually come here during the day to enjoy a luncheon with a view, play some games, go for nature walks and enjoy a swim before continuing your stay overnight at a local campsite. Many vendors provide camping experiences along with BBQ, music, dancing and star gazing.
Location: Old Mumbai- Pune Highway, Pune district, Maharashtra.
What can we do in Pune at night?1. Night City Tour: There are several evening and late-night Pune city walking tours that let the tourist in you visit and see all the important places and attractions. This sightseeing tour is a guided activity done in a group. Starting in Koregaon Park this experience goes on for about 2 to 3 hours.
2. Pub Crawling: All the party animals, there can be a no better excuse to go from pub to pub, downing drinks and mingling with other like-minded people than a planned pub crawl tour. There are many such activities and tours arranged to witness the best nightlife in Pune.
3. Attend a Light and Sound Show at Shaniwarwada: First started in 2000, the Sound and Light Show at Shaniwarwada is one that has aged well over the years, becoming an important part of the nightlife in Pune. There are two shows - one in Marathi, followed by the one in English that goes on till 9 pm.
4. Enjoy Fine Dining: The many cafes, restaurants and affordable eateries scattered around the city are places where you can fight the hunger pangs or try out the many local and global delicacies. Spots like- the Spice Kitchen or 1000 Oaks are outlets of the finer side of dining, while 11 Burgers is more casual and a part of Pune nightlife.
5. Camping: Pune is neighbour to many small townships and areas that are set in a naturally gifted outlook. Places like Khadakwasla, Velhe, Mulshi, Pawna Lake etc. are points that have many outdoor campsites. And to have a new Pune nightlife experience, you can consider staying a night amid wilderness or along a lake.
Which are the best night clubs and pubs in Pune?1. 1000 Oaks: All the Punekars love to spend their weekends at 1000 Oaks, or T Oaks as it is locally known. It is a restro-pub that is famous for its themed nights, karaoke, delectable food and boozy drinks that lands this place among the best clubs in Pune.
2. Swig: Located in Koregaon Park, Swig is one of the best clubs in Pune to have an evening of fun, food, drinks, dance and music. The interiors of the lounge-bar are elegant and chic. And the host of live events, special themes and pet-friendly premises makes it unique and popular among Pune residents as well as tourists.
3. The Urban Foundry: This industrial aesthetic bar in Pune is the perfect spot to enjoy a casual night of foods, drinks and good vibes with your loved ones. The exposed brick walls, metal interiors and wood accents of the place make it rustic and complementary to the food and drinks menu served here.
4. Mi A Mi: Located within the JW Marriott Hotel, MI A Mi is one of the oldest clubs in Pune that has alleviated the nightlife and party culture here. The club has electrifying music, punchy cocktails and lip=smacking finger food to keep you filling as you enjoy themed nights and special events.
5. 18 Degrees: This is the place to enjoy the energetic side of nightlife in Pune. The place has buzzing music, neon lights, a dedicated dance floor and a full bar. Other than that, there are regular gigs and live performances organized that you can enjoy with your friends over dinner and drinks.
6. Bottle Rock: From weekend live gigs to daily happy hours and special ladies nights, The Rock Bottle is among the best clubs in Pune to head to with friends and loved ones. To enjoy a fun and lively evening you don’t have to wait for Saturdays and Sundays, as this place remains packed with crowds even during the weekdays.
7. The FML Lounge: Open till 3 am, the FML Lounge is the place for night owls who like to stay up and out till the wee hours. The place has an indoor and outdoor seating area with modern aesthetics, a delicious menu of Indian dishes, baked goods and drinks.
Where can we eat in Pune at night?1. Malaka Spice: Located in Koregaon Park, Malaka Spice is among the oldest restaurants in the Pune city with over 20 years of experience in tantalizing your taste buds. It is a pan-Asia eatery that specializes in recipes from the Eastern palette like soups, stays, noodles, stews, seafood etc.
2. Burger 11: This is truly one place that defines the Pune nightlife. A burger joint that remains open till dawn, Burger 11 is where you go to fulfil those late-night cravings or after a drunken night of partying. The best part is that you can also order in the deliciousness to your doorsteps from here.
3. Euriska: Named and themed after Greece, Euriska is a casual dining restaurant in Pune that is best regarded for its Mediterranean and European influenced menu. This is also a place where you can come with your friends to enjoy Pune nightlife. Some of the best items on the menu here are the desserts like baklava and pastries, and creamy pasta.
4. Spice Kitchen: This is one of the best high-end restaurants in Pune that is located within the vicinity of the luxury JW Marriott Hotel. This multi-cuisine restaurant has appeasing interiors that strike as the first thought when you enter. Complementing the rich and posh ambience of the place, there are open pizza and live food counters, and a menu consisting of the best of global cuisines.
Which are the famous night markets in Pune?1. Hong Kong Lane: Open till 8 in the evening, this open market on Deccan Road is where you should spend your nightlife in Pune. There is no item or trinket that you will not have at Hong Kong Lane, be it clothes, jewellery, accessories, bags, belts, books, decor, basically everything for everyone.
2. Koregaon Park: This is probably one of the most coveted areas to experience the nightlife in Pune. Koregaon Park or the Road that leads up is a hub for evening outings and retail therapy. Here you can find the biggest of brands and the most local and cheap finds, both just a few meters apart. The place remains open till after dark and is great to buy footwear, clothes, accessories etc.
3. Seasons Mall: Unlike all the markets, bazaars and centres, the Seasons Mall is a one-stop destination to enjoy shopping as part of the Pune nightlife. When compared to other thrifty outlets and options, this one falls on the more expensive side and is better for people who want to buy branded items or spend some time window shopping.
4. Fashion Street: As suggested by the name, Fashion Street in Mumbai is an affordable clothing market that has a vast network of narrow lanes filled with close to 450 shops and stalls selling thrifty apparels. The market is great to find things at really low costs, given that you visit between 9 in the morning to 9 in the night.
Where can I go in Pune with my family at night?1. Spice Kitchen: Located in Pasahn, the Spice Kitchen is a multi-cuisine, casual dining restaurant at the JW Marriott. The interiors here are luxe and tasteful which match the theme and menu of the place well. You can plan a fun dinner outing with your family and try out amazing recipes from all over the world.
2. Shinde Chhatri: A memorial dedicated to the Maratha leader Mahadji Shinde, Shinde Chhatri in Pune is among the best places to visit with the family to enjoy the Pune nightlife. This three-storeyed structure has intricate interiors and design, and It remains open till 9 pm and is open to the public for touring and exploring for a small fee.
3. Chokhi Dhani: This is a franchise of the Chokhi Dhani Resort in Jaipur, Rajasthan that has brought the traditional Rajputana experience and culture miles away in Maharashtra. The setting of this resort remains similar to the original with many fun activities, events, performance and Rajasthani meals available for visitors to savour.
4. Hard Rock Cafe: Another franchise outlet is the international Hard Rock Cafe which is known for its soulful music nights and chilled out ambience. Located in Koregaon Park, you can accompany your parents here for an evening of drinks, tunes and cheers.
Is Pune safe for women at night?Yes. Like most cities in the country, Pune is safe for women, given that they stay alert about their surroundings. If you are out with a male companion, or with a group of other girls, it is safer.
However, it is important to look at your liquor intake, any shady individual around you and while boarding public transport or cabs. With that said, you can easily find large crowds staying out late, making it easy to enjoy the Pune nightlife. Adequate security and law enforcement are also available in the city.
What is Pune famous for?
With a glorious history of over 1600 years, Pune is the cultural capital of Maharashtra with its hill forts offering panoramic bird’s eye views and museums. The buzzing nightlife in Pune is attributable to its fantastic restaurants and festive atmosphere brimming with nightclubs, pubs and eating joints. The National War Museum, Darshan Museum, Aga Khan Palace, Parvati Hill Temples, Pataleshwar Caves, Sinhagad & Khadakwasla, Bhimashankar Wildlife Sanctuary, ISKCON in Katraj are some of the places famous in Pune. Ganesh Mahotsav, Osho Festival, Pune International Film Festival are some of the cultural & art extravaganzas one can relate to Pune. Hospitality and diversity in cuisine is a prominent feature of the city with the single most variety of students in India and abroad.
Is Pune a safe place to party at night?Yes. Most cafes, restaurants, clubs and other party outlets remain open even after midnight. At all these spots, one can find many other people partying and staying out late. The only thing you need to look out for or avoid the alcohol intake or any drunk altercation and the rest will all be merry.
What is the best time to visit Pune?
The ideal time to visit Pune is from November to February. Being part of the Deccan Plateau and set at 1840 ft above sea level, the winter months are the ideal time, with hot summers and humid monsoons. Winter is the most pleasant with temperatures averaging between 280C to 100C, the season witnessing various festivals celebrated by people belonging to different backgrounds. The loss of green cover from its earlier days due to rapid urbanization has resulted in the harsher climate which was once very mild. Heavy downpours and thunderstorms are a hallmark of the city’s weather that substantially lowers the temperature level. Like in all cosmopolitan cities, expect to come to terms with heavy traffic in the city.