Palghar is a town in Konkan division of Maharashtra state and a Municipal Council situated around 87 kilometers north of Mumbai. Being such a beautiful town, trekking and camping are some of the best things to do in Palghar. Palghar acts as a divisional head of Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation. It also serves as an extremely important station in the western railway system of Mumbai, as a lot of local trains, along with MEMU, shuttle and other long-distance trains also stop here.
Some of the major castes found in Palghar are Malhar Koli, Katkari, Warli, Vadval, and Vanjari.Warli paintings are extremely famous, even in foreign countries. While visiting Palghar, they would definitely be an absolute treat to the eyes. Being the first and the ancient culture, their culture has continued to influence the cultures that have emerged later on.
Palghar is pretty pleasant as it experiences a tropical climate. The rainfall in summer is much more compared to winter. Generally, the average temperature here is 26.5 °C. May is supposed to be the warmest month in Palghar, with a temperature of 29.8 °C. January is the coldest month with an average temperature of 22.6 °C.
Winter months, that is, October to March are the best months to visit Palghar for a trip with your family. Apart from several beautiful local attractions, it is rich in some amazing tourist places as well. It is an industrial city, with lots of government offices in and around.
Palghar offers you a scenic beauty, that will surely leave you in awe for quite some time. With the perfect climate, neither too hot nor too cold, it is a must visit if you need some refreshment from your busy schedule. Apart from just hustling and bustling around the city, this town provides you with some of the best things to do in Palghar, in order to make your holiday an absolutely delightful one!
People Also Ask About Palghar Things To Do
What are the activities that we can do in Palghar?
Apart from the regular sightseeing of the forts in Palghar, the hill forts make unique spots for trekking. Asherigad and Kaldurg are two of the important hill forts to trek while in Palghar. Camping is yet another exciting thing to do here. A small town, nestling amidst greenery, it is one of the must visit places if you are looking to plan a short holiday with your family or friends.
Which are some famous treks in Palghar?
Jawhar, Dahanu, is one of the most famous trekking spots in Palghar. It is located on the Mumbai-Nashik road. There are some major attractions of Jawhar, which include Jaivilas Palace, Purana Quila, Dadarkopara Waterfall, Sunrise Point, Sunset Point, Kal Madavi Waterfall, and a lot more. Trekking in these places is undoubtedly one of the most exciting things to do.
Which are some famous places for sightseeing in Palghar?
Sightseeing is a must thing to do while in Palghar. Some of the major places for sightseeing are:
- Manor: Manor is rightfully known as the gateway to Palghar. It is located on the banks of the Vaitarna river. It experiences a cool climate, almost throughout the year.
- Kelva Beach: The basic and the most important reason for this beach attracting a lot of tourists is the number of hotels that are situated on the beach. The Mango Leaf Resort, the Kelva Beach Resort, are some of the beautiful resorts in Palghar, that are placed around the Kelva Beach.
- Shirgaon Beach: This is one of the biggest fishing grounds in Palghar. The abundance of palm trees is one of the reasons of its fame. Another major attraction is the Shirgaon Fort located close to the beach.
- Shirgaon Fort: The Shirgaon Fort is located near the Shirgaon Beach and is believed to have been used by Shivaji. Almost in ruins now, this fort still holds some of the evidence of the rule of Shivaji, from the past. For people fond of history, the Shirgaon Fort is a must visit.
- Ram Temple: The Ram Temple lies close to the Sitladevi Temple at Kapad Bazar. It is said in history that Lord Rama, along with his brother Lakshmana, was captivated in this temple, and were later on rescued by Lord Hanuman. This temple has been renovated in 1994. The main event that occurs here is the Ram Navami. The best days to visit the Ram Temple are Thursdays and Saturdays. On these two days, special pooja and aarti are held.
- Satpati Beach: It is one of the largest beaches in Maharashtra. One of the most popular fishing hub in Maharashtra, with a number of fishing villages located near the beach. It is an extremely crowded beach, most of the times.
- Mahim Beach: Mahim Beach offers a mind boggling view of the Arabian Sea. The Mahim Fort is located near the Mahim Beach. The main attraction of this beach is it being the sunset point.
Which are some famous camping sites in Palghar?
Palghar offers some wide scopes for camping, with its excellent connection of roads, that helps it to connect to several important camping destinations in Mumbai. Camping is a thrilling adventure and is, of course, one of the many things to do in Palghar. Some of the very famous camping sites are:
- Pawna Lake Camping.
- Dhak Bhairi Camping.
- Lakeside Camping at Bhandardara.
- White Water Rafting and Stay at Kolad.
- Falyan Jungle Camp.
- Kashid Beach Camping.
Which are some famous forts to visit in Palghar?
There are plenty of adventure activities you can try out in Paro such as:
- Mountain Biking