Ooty PackagesOoty tour package is a treasure trove of everything you desire for on a vacation. With a range of tour packages to choose from in Ooty, the ‘Queen of Hill Stations’, the decision is a tedious one. Whether you are planning for a family trip package, couple or a group package, Thrillophilia caters to all your needs with hassle free experience and flawless services.
Our Ooty tour packages are especially designed to create an impeccable experience making your trip worth remembering. These closely curated packages are extremely pocket friendly and can be tailored to suit your needs, so you don’t have to be worried as this trip will not cost you a fortune.
Ooty’s scenic beauty and verdant tea gardens are an attraction and so are the delicious chocolates and wine from the vineyards. A perfect getaway for your vacation, Ooty is a destination worth exploring. Thrillophilia also offers crazy discounts making it easier for you to plan a trip. Our honeymoon tour packages are carefully designed to offer you an idyllic vacation you had always dreamt of. Not only this, Thrillophilia also goes an extra mile to ensure that everything goes right for you during your vacation and packages the tour keeping all the possible things in check.
Ooty trip packages are perfect for your trips since it embraces everything from food and sightseeing to some of the most exquisite hotels in the hill station. Look for all the possible types of tour packages and Thrillophilia makes it available with the blink of an eye. With no effort required from your side on researching about the destination, we have it all ready at the click of a button. There is a lot to do and explore while you are in this beautiful hill station and it can be best done while you are on your Ooty trip.
Popular Ooty Tour Packages
|Ooty Mysore Honeymoon Package 2020 | Flat 20% off||4D/3N||₹ 14500||4.0 star|
|Ooty Coorg Package 2020 | Flat 20% off||5D/4N||₹ 12000||5.0 star|
|Ooty Package from Coimbatore 2020 | Flat 18% off||3D/2N||₹ 8500||5.0 star|
|Ooty Tour Package For 2 Days from Coimbatore 2020 | Flat 20% off||2D/1N||₹ 8200||5.0 star|
|Ooty Tour Package from Chennai 2020 | Flat 12% off||4D/3N||₹ 11999||5.0 star|
People Also Ask About Ooty Tours
What are the best places to visit in Ooty?
Ooty is full of breathtaking sights to explore. Here are the places to visit in Ooty:
1. Botanical Garden: Sprawling across 55 acres, there is a unique variety of indigenous and exotic plants to admire. Especially the Cork Tree and the Monkey Puzzle Tree, which are rare.
2. Kalhatti Falls: Located 15 kms from Ooty, the falls are known for their encompassing lush greenery and wild species like the black panthers, that inhabit it.
3.Ooty Lake: Enjoy a range of activities here like the motorboats and mini toy trains, while the Nilgiris beyond leave you in complete awe.
4.St. Stephen’s Church: one of the oldest churches in the area, known for its carved wooden elephants, brought from Tipu Sultan’s palace and stain-glass windows.
5.Deer Park: If you’re a nature lover, make sure you visit this tourist spot for its flora and fauna. There’s a lot more here apart from deer.
Which are the best camping sites in Ooty?
1. Hidden Valley Jungle Camp: Located at 168K2 Rolston Club Road in Ooty with military style tents, Hidden Valley Jungle Camp offers you a stay amidst pleasant weather and a tranquil atmosphere. The waterproof tents provide you with the most amazing campsite lying under the mesmerizing sky.
Offering you delicious local and traditional food, you can enjoy the trekking and flora and fauna. Bonfire adds to your amazing evening and staying at this campsite is a lively and unique experience that you should not miss out on.
2. Hilltop Camping: Located on the outskirts of Ooty, this camping site offers you an adventurous stay. Including this campsite in your Ooty tour package enhances your experience. Offering multiple adventure activities, it is surrounded by cloudy valleys and splendid scenic views. You can cycle through the valley, trek or have delectable meals, this campsite is worth trying in order to experience adventure.
3. Camping by Tea Gardens: Surrounded by the verdant tea estates, camp on the majestic mountains and fulfill all that your heart desires. Walk in nature's lap, learn tea farming or just hike to the mountains, this camping site provides all that you can imagine.
You can also engage yourselves in indoor and outdoor games like Badminton, Volleyball, Chess, Carrom etc. Dine with a view or just watch the birds flying into the sky, you are in for an impeccable experience.
4. Camping at Avalanche: Relax and rejuvenate amidst nature away from the rush of the city life. Camping at Avalanche is one of a kind experience because it offers waterfall trek including the forest trek. Indulge yourself in activities or just unwind at the waterfall, this camping site is a perfect getaway.
Surrounded by wilderness and mountains, it provides mesmerising views and delicious meals at the same time. You will get sleeping bags to keep yourself warm and a bonfire to enjoy your evenings while you have your meal.
What is the best time to visit Ooty?
The best bit about Ooty is that Ooty tour packages can be booked all year round because the weather is wonderful at any given time. The monsoons especially are a great time to visit the peaks and trek routes, offering exemplary views of nature.
Undoubtedly, winters are the best time to visit, because not only is every sight easily accessible, but the strong winds and temperatures as low as 5°C are bound to make your trip a memorable one. Days are relatively warmer in winters, but the cool breeze certainly makes up for it. Luckily, summers are a good time too.
Temperatures range between 20-30°C, which is quite bearable. You can check out indoor sights during the day and head out to experience tranquility outdoors only in the evenings.
Which are the best places to stay in Ooty?
1. Beverly Villa: This is an exotic villa that provides accommodation facilities with a terraced garden, attached bathroom, and wifi. It also has an in house restaurant, spa center, activity area for kids, and a waiting room.
2. Berry Hills Resort: Located on the hilly region of Berry Hills, this resort is the perfect blend of modern comfort and age-old charm. The rooms here are extremely expansive and are equipped with all the modern amenities like a king-size bed, wifi, and coffee making machine.
3. Tulips Valley View Resort: This is a premium resort surrounded by landscaped gardens and hills and offers a glimpse of the unbounded beauty of nature. You can enjoy indoor gaming activities here like carom, chess, and ludo.
4. Club Mahindra Derby Green: If you’re looking for a luxurious stay experience during Ooty tours, then resorts located amidst landscaped greenery and beautiful flowers will fascinate you with their warm hospitality and top-notch services. The well-appointed rooms here are grand and spacious with regal décor and antique furniture.
Which are the best romantic places to visit on an Ooty tour?
1. Ooty Lake: Ooty packages give the couples a chance to enjoy boating on Ooty Lake that is surrounded by the lush greenery of Nilgiri Hills. You can also enjoy a bicycle ride here, gushing into the beauty of the picturesque surroundings.
2. Hidden Valley: This place has an extremely romantic setting, and you can have the best time of your life with your partner here, appreciating the picturesque views. You need to trek through the lush green forests to reach this site as there is no proper road facility to reach here.
3. Botanical Garden: Take your love to new heights as you explore this picturesque garden that is split into distinct sections such as New Garden, Lower Garden, Conservatory, and Italian Garden. It is home to exotic plants, herbs, shrubs, and ferns.
4. Rose garden: This is one of the most romantic destinations in Ooty that spans across ten acres of land and has different rose varieties. You can also spot here miniature roses, and you can buy saplings and plants for your own garden.
Which are the best places to visit at night on an Ooty tour?
1. Four Quarters Lounge Bar: A part of the Sapphire Paradise Hotel, this bar is a haven for the night owls who wish to indulge in endless fun and entertainment. It has a contemporary décor and lively ambiance, and you can also enjoy here the most refreshing alcoholic beverages.
2. The Valley Bar: This ultra-modern and chic bar is the best place to enjoy during the wee hours. It has a lively ambiance and plush seating arrangement along with the best song selection, which will definitely soothe your tired soul.
3. Selbournes Bar: This is a chic and elegant spot to wine and dine with your friends and family in the wee hours. Located in Fortune Resort Sullivan Court, it has an enchanting aura that will definitely relieve you from your stress.
4. Canterbury Bar: Enjoy the foot-tapping music and amazing drinks at this chic bar that is an absolute paradise for the party lovers. You can also enjoy barbeque dinner here along with liquors, mocktails and fine wines.
Which are some famous pilgrimage tours in Ooty?
Ooty also satisfies the needs of those seeking inner peace. The tranquil environment and sacred religious sites of this place offer the perfect location for people to discover their spiritual self. It is a haven even for people who do not believe in any particular religion but in spirituality.
1. Mariamman temple
2. Nasiyan Jain Temple
3. St. Stephen’s Church
4. Holy Trinity Church
5. Kandal Cross
6. St. Theresa Church
7. Union Church
8. Big Mosque
What are the best things to do in Ooty?
Thought Ooty tour packages may vary, a majority of them include the following top things to do in Ooty:
1. Trek to Doddabetta Peak: The highest point in the Nilgiris with superlative views of thick forests around and a Telescopic House.
2. Relax at the Shooting Point: Much before we had Bollywood shoots abroad, we had them in Ooty, for its surreal beauty added charm to any scene. Live your filmy moment, at this picnic spot.
3. Take a tour of the Tea Museum: Oh, the fragrance of fresh tea leaves and a hot cuppa, with the view of the mesmerising mountains in the cold weather! Definitely an experience unparalleled.
4.Spend some time at the Wax World Museum: The venue houses realistic wax statues of historical and political personalities. A great place for learning, for kids and adults, alike.
5.Thunder World: An amusement park with 20 species of dinosaurs, an artificial rainforest, fascinating rides and some wonderful sound effects that add to the fun.
What are the best places to visit in Ooty with family?
1. Tea Museum: If you and your family are a die-hard tea lover, then you shouldn’t miss visiting this popular destination during Ooty tours. The museum spans across one acre and is surrounded by beautiful tea gardens and Nilgiri Mountains. You can sample here different varieties of tea, and you can also know about the tea making process.
2. Thunder World: Book the Ooty tour packages and enjoy holidaying with your entire family in this amusement hub that has around twenty models of dinosaurs coupled with sound and special effects. It also has a haunted house and an artificial rain forest that will appeal to all the members of your family.
3. Deer Park: If you and your family wish to have a closer view of flora and fauna, then Deer Park should be your topmost destination. You can spot here numerous animals like chital and sambar, along with colorful varieties of birds.
4. Kamaraj Sagar Dam: Enjoy a picnic with your family at this splendid destination that is home to various species of fishes and birds. This dam, also known as Sandynallah Reservoir, is an ideal place to enjoy activities like fishing and bird watching.
How can I spend 3 days in Ooty?
- Day 1: You can dedicate the first day of Ooty tour packages for visiting popular attractions like Rose Gardens, Ooty Lake & Boat Club, and Dolphin’s Nose.
- Day 2: Reserve your second day to enjoy the five-hour-long toy train ride, and after that, you can enjoy hiking at Doddabetta. If you have time, then you can also enjoy boating at Ooty Lake.
- Day 3: On the third day of Ooty packages, you can enjoy shopping at the local markets, and you can also sample the popular delicacies at the famous restaurants and cafes.
What are the best places to eat at in Ooty?
While Ooty tour packages are inclusive of food, you may also check out some restaurants in the vicinity.
1. Shinkow’s: Known to be one of the oldest restaurants in Ooty, it promises a good Chinese culinary experience at reasonable prices.
2. Curry and Rice: Eat like royalty at this fine-dine that serves up Anglo-Indian dishes and stately food, with recipes passed down the ages from the rulers of Mysore.
3. Nahar’s Sidewalk Cafe: A quaint cafe known for its wood-fire pizzas and pasta.
4.Place to Bee: This arty restaurant is surprisingly located in a Bee Museum. With local produce and wild honey, the unique dishes are certainly worth a try, and this is definitely the place to ‘bee’!
5. Shri Velmurugan: When in the South, dine like the locals. Indulge in some finger-licking fish curry and filter coffee, here.
Which are the best areas for a shopping tour in Ooty?
Shopping is possibly the best activity of Ooty. It houses more small malls per square mile than any other hill station in India. Visitors have a vast choice of shopping in outdoor and indoor markets in Ooty. Naturally, you would want to take back as memories bits and pieces from the place you visit not only for yourself but for friends too.
1. Charing Cross Road
2. Commercial Street Market
3. Ooty Lake
4. Market Road
5. Hill Bunk Road
6. Pykara Road
Is Ooty worth visiting?
Yes, Ooty is extremely worth visiting due to its picturesque beauty and scenic attractions. The aromatic tea estates, cascading waterfalls, lush green forests, beautiful lakes, and its peaceful environment will definitely allure your senses. You can also enjoy activities like camping, trekking, and toy train rides.
What is Ooty famous for?
Ooty is extremely famous for handmade chocolates and tea. Surprisingly there is also a chocolate factory located here where you can find the best quality of chocolates. The Nilgiri Mountain toy train ride and its botanical gardens also make it one of the most famous spots for honeymoon.
Which are the places for boat rides in Ooty?
Another interesting activity to launch in, whether it be for honeymoon couples or families, is boating. The place to do it -
1. Ooty Lake
2. Boating in Pykara Lake in Ooty
Which are the best tea plantation tours in Ooty?
A morning cup of hot tea is most welcome to all of us. Many of us drink the tea that is grown in the Nilgiri hills. Famously known as Nilgiri tea it is generally a dark, aromatic, fragrant and flavored tea grown in the hills of the Nilgiris district of Tamil Nadu. Why not visit the place where it is grown? The best tea plantation tours can be taken in:
1. The Tea Factory The Tea
2. High Field Tea Estate
Which are the best lakes to visit in Ooty?
1. Ooty Lake: One of the most visited lakes during an Ooty trip, it provides an experience worth remembering. With several movies being shot here, Ooty Lake has been popular among tourists and travellers who visit here for a vacation. You can take a tour of the lake through row boats, paddle boats and motor boats that are available there to enhance your experience.
2. Emerald Lake: The name comes from the Emerald green tea plantation that surrounds this lake. One of the most popular and most beautiful attractions of Ooty, Emerald lake is worth visiting. The tranquility that prevails in its surroundings is unparalleled and you should not miss out on this beauty.
3. Upper Bhavani Lake: Located approximately at a distance of 40 km from Ooty, Upper Bhavani Lake is a hidden gem. Do include this in your Ooty tour package and indulge in the splendid beauty of the sunrise and sunset views from here which also makes it one of the popular choices. You can also engage in bird watching and fishing here.
4. Kamaraj Sagar Lake: Located at a distance of 10 km from the town, it is also known as the Sandynallah Reservoir. Being a famous picnic spot, this lake is popular among the families who love spending time with their kids.
Kamaraj Sagar Lake is also known for its magnificent views of the sunset and also for fishing. So, do not forget to add it to your Ooty trip package while planning your trip to this Queen of Hill stations.
What can you do on your honeymoon tour to Ooty?
There are loads of fun things that you can do on your honeymoon tour to Ooty. It will be a great journey with your partner by your side. Here are some of the most famous and attractive things to do while you are on your honeymoon.
1. Doddabetta Peak: Highest in the Nilgiri mountains, Doddabetta peak is the perfect spot for honeymooners to indulge in the beauties of nature and spend some romantic time in a romantic weather. With breathtaking panoramic views surrounding you, you can see the entire Nilgiri mountains from this peak with your partner by your side.
You can literally see and feel the clouds all around you and what’s more romantic than the two of you together in a chilly weather with magnificent views? It’s literally heaven on Earth, so enjoy your time while you are here and steal moments to remember and cherish forever. It shouldn’t be left out of your Ooty tour package at any cost if you want to make the most of this trip.
2. Pykara Lake: Make this Ooty trip an endearing one with your partner and visit the most beautiful lake in Ooty. Pykara lake is tranquil and surrounded by lush green trees and it sure is a sight to behold. Hop at the Pykara lake boathouse with your partner if you are in the mood for some adventure.
Enjoy a perfect boating experience with the cool wind lapping your cheeks and feel the cold water droplets on your face. Isn’t it an amazing feeling to be in an environment so peaceful, away from the hustle and bustle of the city life? Nothing’s more romantic than going boating in a beautiful lake on your honeymoon making memories worth remembering.
3. Thunder World: If you want to relive childhood with your partner, Thunder World in Ooty is a great choice. Also known as the Dinosaur Park, it is an amusement park that will transport you to another world altogether. With a variety of themes to offer, this park also has a 5D theatre experience that you should not miss out on along with a camera museum which is something unique.
Different models of dinosaurs on display provide insights on the past and there are also 3D paintings with illusions in order to enhance the experience. There is also a section with 3D models of Indian monuments like Taj Mahal and India Gate etc with picturesque surroundings where you can click unbelievably amazing pictures and capture the moment. Add this to your Ooty trip package if you do not want to miss out on some crazy fun.
4. Rose Garden: Home to innumerable rose species from miniature roses to hybrid tea roses and ramblers, this garden has all kinds one can imagine and should definitely be a part of your Ooty tour package. Spread on a four acre land, Rose garden is encircled with bewitching landscapes and greenery.
Offering an extravagant view, the roses are a treat to the eyes and sure to be witnessed once in a lifetime. Visit this place with your partner while on your honeymoon and indulge in this beautiful, fragrant and fun experience smiling and walking hand in hand. With the garden being well maintained and with a lovely ambience, it is a perfect spot to capture your smiles to take them back home along with the beauty of the garden.
5. Catherine Falls: Rejuvenate in the arms of nature and unwind by visiting this hidden gem known as Catherine Falls. A must visit and a sight to behold, this falls encapsulated by tea plantations offers you fresh air blowing from the Nilgiri mountains. This fall allures the tourists and adventurers all year round because of its hiking trails in the middle of the Shola forest.
Visiting this picturesque waterfall with your partner is like a fairy tale coming to life. Amidst the scenic views, the sound of the gushing water is like music to the ears away from the city life. Whether you capture the beauty of this fall or just sit there enjoying the breeze and watching the water flow, Catherine falls won’t disappoint you.
6. Avalanche Lake: A perfect place for the lovebirds, Avalanche lake is one of the most romantic places to visit while you are on your honeymoon. Offering extremely beautiful scenic views, it is one of the cleanest lakes in Ooty.
Engulfed by a variety of flowers, this lake is one of a kind that also offers adventure lovers to trek in the hills nearby and camp there for the night. You can go fishing with your partner or just enjoy its beauty, Avalanche Lake is no less than experiencing a slice of heaven.
7. Mudumalai National Park: One of the most important Biosphere Reserves, Mudumalai National Park has about 48 tigers roaming freely inside. House to various animals like elephants, gaur and Indian leopard, many endangered wildlife species like amphibians, reptiles and birds also reside here.
If you are into wildlife and love knowing more about it, it is a great choice for you. Surrounded by lush green trees, this park provides a calm atmosphere for you to spend time with your partner learning stuff and enjoying the surroundings.
8. Nilgiri Mountain Railway: Also, known as the ‘Toy Train’ it is the favourite among the kids. Relive your childhood passing through the meadows, hilltops and forested slopes. Covering 46 km for five hours, this train crosses numerous tunnels and offers the beautiful views of the flourishing green meadow highlands.
Just having your partner beside will make this journey a special and a lovable one. So, include this fun ride in your Ooty tour package on your honeymoon and take back home memories to feel nostalgic about.
Which are best places to visit for horse riding in Ooty?
Horse riding is a unique experience in Ooty. Pick your way through the pine forests, or down the hilly terrain with the wind sweeping through your hair, riding can really make your tour interesting. The perfect riding experience can be gained by taking horse rides:
1. To experience the hilly terrains of this alluring place
2. Around the lake
3. Quaint plantations of tea,
4. Villas from the pre-Raj era
Where can I do mountain biking adventures in Ooty?
There is a park specially built on the region’s hilly terrain, designed for mountain bikers. The hilly region already has natural bumps to which additional difficulty elements like the teeter-totter, switchbacks, sponge pits, suspension bridge and various jump ramps, have been added. At a minimal fee of Rs. 10 per lap, indulge in the great adventure of mountain biking.