The spectacle of beauty, history, romance and leisure is the prolific hill-station of Mussoorie, opening its arms for you to spend a memorable trip with your loved ones. And what better way than to book one of Thrillophilia's Mussoorie tour packages at the greatest price.
With our tours you can be sure of having the perfect holiday with the right blend of sightseeing, activities and other escapades, while also availing other facilities. The Mussoorie holiday packages have something for everyone be it the ideal family packages with plenty of attraction visits and shopping, to tours for the youth that would leave one with an adrenaline rush with all the adventures.
That's not all, some of the Mussoorie Packages would also include an extended trip to another picturesque hill-station of Dehradun - known for its misty summers and snowy winters, along with some of the most alluring sights of the magnanimous Himalayas, for a holiday experience like no other.
Thus, you can either book our top existing Mussoorie tours like the '4 days 3 nights Mussoorie', 'Mussoorie tour package for couples' etc., or customize your holiday with the perfect blend of the items that you would like, all with the added benefits of year long excellent deals and offers. Apart from that, we also are working day in and out to ensure that your vacation stay and travel meets all safety expectations while not compromising on fun and enjoyment of the Mussoorie holiday.
Popular Mussoorie Tour Packages
|Mussoorie Tour Package For Couple 2020 | Flat 12% off||3D/2N||₹ 13500||4.0 star|
|Delhi Mussoorie Trip with Nagtibba Trek||5D/4N||₹ 5600||4.0 star|
|Bhadraj Trek, Uttarakhand | Book Online @ Flat 13% off||2D/1N||₹ 2650||5.0 star|
|Weekend Getaway in Mussoorie||3D/2N||₹ 8500||3.0 star|
|3 Days 2 Nights Trip to Almora and Ranikhet||₹ 7500||3.0 star|
People Also Ask About Mussoorie Tours
What are the places to visit in Mussoorie?Some of the best places to visit in Mussoorie are mentioned below-
1. Lal Tibba: One of the very few places in the Himalayan foothills which is still untouched by commercialization, Lal Tibba is quite an escape from the bustling city life. This place is a part of almost all our Mussoorie Tour Packages.
One can reach Lal Tibba on foot or by hiring a cab from Mussoorie. The British-styled building offers splendorous views of the Himalayan peaks like Badrinath and Kedarnath. These peaks can be viewed with the help of a telescope placed on the observation deck of the building. Additionally, Lal Tibba currently serves as the working place of Doordarshan and other broadcasting media channels.
Location: Lal Tibba Binoculars, Bazar Road, Landour, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand 248179.
Price: There is no entry fee.
Timing: 5 AM – 10 PM (all days).
2. The Mall: The Mall Road of Mussoorie is the highlight of our Mussoorie Tour Packages. The Mall is vibrant with shops of food, wooden items, jewellery, show pieces, decorations, lamps and lights, books, woollen items, and other things.
There are balloon vendors, momos and other snack sellers on every step inviting you to try their eats. Apart from the street-food stall, the place is also embellished with a lot of incredible restaurants and cafes. The Victorian lights on every corner and British-styled bench at the corner of the streets put up quite a show at night. The Mall looks dreamy during the evenings.
One can also rent bicycles to paddle your way through the road. Many people also love strolling on the Mall Road for the sake of soaking in the vibes of this incredible hill station. Some of the must-do things at the Mall Road are having kulhad-chai, momo, Maggie, filter coffee and buy stuff like woollen jackets, umbrellas, wooden items, and travelling to Gun Hill in the cable car. Our Mussoorie packages can guide you to indulge in some of the best things to do in the hill station.
Location: Mussoorie, Uttarakhand 248179.
Timing: 24 hours (all days).
3. Kempty Falls: A mesmerizing cascade of water, Kempty Falls is one of the most popular tourist spots in Mussoorie. The falls ramble from the height of 40 feet and create a big pool with five channels of water in which people swim and have a gala time.
This perennial water body is flocked by tourists throughout the year. There is no single person who hasn’t heard of Kempty Falls. Another great thing about visiting these falls is that the area is lush with greenery and extravagant views of the Himalayan valley. Kempty falls are included in many of our Mussoorie Tour Packages.
Location: Lakhwad, Kempty, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand 248179.
Timing: 6 AM- 10 PM (all days).
4. Lake Mist: If there is one word to describe Lake Mist, it’s resplendent. One of the most beautiful places to visit in Mussoorie, Lake Mist is a pristine water body which gives out peaceful vibes and thus, attracts souls looking for some quiet tranquillity.
The water of the lake is quite clear and still and emerald. The area is blessed with beautiful trees, colourful flowers and unexplored trails to the forest area. The best part about visiting the lake is that not many people know about its existence in Mussoorie and thus, if you are someone who wants peace and quiet, then this is the most incredible tourist spot to spend some time in. It has been included in our recent Mussoorie packages since it remains an unexplored part of Mussoorie.
Location: Kempty Fall Road, Kempty, Mussoorie Range, Uttarakhand 248179.
Timing: Open 24 hours on all days.
5. Cloud’s End: This place serves as the geographical end of the beautiful town of Mussoorie. The area is covered with lush green trees of Deodar and Oak. It is a splendid sight for those who are fans of misty views of the valley side.
Another highlight of this mystical place is the Benog Wildlife Sanctuary, which is a 2 km trek from the Oak forest and looks spectacular to the wildlife enthusiasts. Cloud’s End is a unique addition to our Mussoorie Tour Packages.
There is another attraction known as the heritage building, located close to Cloud’s End. The building was constructed in 1838 and is one of the oldest buildings in the town. The view of Aglar River Valley from the building is quite enigmatic and one more reason why one should pay a visit to this place during their time in Mussoorie.
Location: Hathipaon Road | 6 Km West of The Library, Mussoorie, India.
Timing: Open 24 hours on all days.
6. Gun Hill: An extinct volcano, Gun Hill has often been a part of Ruskin Bond’s stories. Tremendous with sky, lush green hillside, and magnificent views of Doon valley, Gun Hill stands at a height of 2020 meters. A popular spot for photography and nature lovers, the place is located right above the Mall Road. You can reach there on foot or by hiring a rickshaw.
Location: Above the Mall Road, Mussoorie.
Timing: 10 AM – 6 PM (all days).
7. Landour: Tucked away in the hillside, Landour is a twin town of Mussoorie and about a half an hour walk from the Mall Road. If you aren’t a walker, then you can hire a cab to Landour as well. There isn’t much to do in Landour other than appreciating the scenic beauty of the Himalayan ranges and spending time in the lap of nature.
The place is also home to India’s most loved storyteller, Mr. Ruskin Bond, who lives in the Ivy Cottage with his adopted family. Do not forget to get a meal at Café Ivy, which is one of the most popular in Mussoorie. You can also stop by at Chaar Dukan and Sister’s Bazaar during your journey to Landour. Also, the Landour Bakehouse and Anil’s Shop must visit places here as well. There are exclusive packages (apart from Mussoorie packages) for Landour as well.
Location: Landour, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand 248179.
Timing: Open 24 hours on all days.
8. Jharipani Falls: Amongst its many water attractions, Mussoorie boasts of Jharipani Waterfalls the most. It is located at an approximate distance of 6 km from the main town and has a stream of water gushing down from a rocky ledge.
Surrounded by a beautiful hillside and stunning forest trails, it takes about 1.5 km for an average trekker to reach the falls. Sunset from Jharipani Falls is breathtaking and most trekkers wait to witness this underrated phenomenon from this area.
Location: Jharipani Rd, Jharipani, Uttarakhand 248122.
9. Nag Tibba: This is one of the best spots for trekking in and around Mussoorie. The place offers spectacular views of snow-clad mountains after the climb of about 10,000 feet. The place is also known as the Serpent’s Peak and serves as home to Nag Devta or the Snake God.
The views of mountain peaks, such as Bandarpoonch, Kedarnath, Badrinath and Gangotri, are quite inviting for the mountain lovers to take up this exhilarating trek. Many tour companies also organize weekend treks to Nag Tibba. The trek is also a part of our special Mussoorie tour package.
Location: Jaunpur range, Uttarakhand 249180.
Timing: 24 hours.
Which are the best resorts to stay in Mussoorie?The best resorts to stay in Mussoorie are-
1. Fortune Resort Grace: This luxurious stay is located quite close to The Mall Road and thus, serves as an excellent choice for travellers who want to unwind themselves amid the lush green hillside of Mussoorie.
Amongst the services, the resort offers free Wi-Fi, parking, beautiful rooms with flat screen TV and air-conditioners, 24/7 room service, running hot water, and a mini-bar as well. Popular tourist spots in Mussoorie, such as Camel’s Back Road and St. Paul’s Church is at a walking distance from this resort. We choose the best resorts in the area under Mussoorie Tour Packages for the comfortable stay of our customers.
2. WelcomHotel The Savoy: A hotel, which is more than 100 years old, The Savoy has also been a part of many Ruskin Bond stories. It was one of the favourite regal hotels of the British during the time of Raj, when Mussoorie was known to be the summer capital.
The rooms are luxurious, and the services of this hotel have been impeccable since then. It is also situated close to The Mall at Gandhi Chowk. It is one of the best resorts to spend a beautiful summer evening in Mussoorie.
3. Sterling Mussoorie: Surrounded by the magnificent Deodar trees on all sides, this hotel is imbibed with old world charm of Mussoorie and invites tourists from all over India to spend a day or two in its premises.
The hotel is embellished with Victorian-style architecture and serves delectable food at its in-house food service. The room features include everything from flatscreen TV, AC, Private balcony, housekeeping, refrigerator, etc. It is indeed one of the most popular resorts to stay in Mussoorie.
4. Royal Orchid Fort Resort: If you like the royal treatment, then this place is worth your attention and stay. The picturesque Doon valley is magnificent from the balcony of every room in the hotel. Each room comes with all modern-day amenities.
Be assured to stay in a comfortable hotel like above when you book one of our Mussoorie packages.
Does Mussoorie have snow?Yes, Mussoorie has snow during the winter months. The months of December, January, and February are considered the best time to visit the hill station for people who want to witness the snowfall in Mussoorie. The whole city looks like a white fairy tale during this time of the year.
However, snow can also be found in certain areas of the city during the month of March as well. However, one might have to hover around the areas that receive less or no sunlight to find the snow.
During winters, the influx of tourists is quite high as well. So, one must book his or her accommodation before visiting the place during the snowfall. You can choose your Mussoorie tour package based on the weather of your choice as well.
Which are the best places to enjoy water sports activities in Mussoorie?
You can enjoy several water sports in Mussoorie such as rafting, angling etc. The rivers in this area flow through thick forest and rocky terrain. If you want to indulge in rafting activity Dhauliganga, Alaknanda and Kali present very tough rapids. Yamuna River and Aglar River offer good opportunities for fishing.
Which are the best sites for paragliding in Mussoorie?
Mussoorie offers amazing opportunity for paragliding. You can sit on a two seater glider plane and enjoy your joyride with the professional pilots who have more than 3000 hours of flying experience.
- You can do paragliding at Paragliding Adventure Sports at Dhobi Ghat.
- Another location for paragliding is Lakhamandal
Short flight is for 20 -30 minutes and costs INR5000 per person
Long flight is for 50-60 minutes and costs INR 10,000 per person
How many days are sufficient to visit Mussoorie?Two days are quite enough to visit Mussoorie and cover all the important sight-seeing places of the hill-station. There are a lot of places to see and things to do in Mussoorie, thus, it is advisable to even extend your stay, if possible. One can easily spend a week in Mussoorie without getting bored.
Even if you spend most of your days lying in your bed, you can still enjoy your time looking at the mighty Himalayan ranges from your room. Thus, any number of days are good enough to visit Mussoorie. A good Mussoorie tour package will recommend at least a 4-day state in the heavenly place.
What is the best time to visit Mussoorie?The most ideal time to plan your Mussoorie tours is during the summer months of April to mid-July. During this time, the hill station experiences a cool weather that can offer you respite from the scorching heat. You can also visit Mussoorie during the winter months of December to February, if you want to enjoy snowfall.
What is Mussoorie known for?Mussoorie is famous for the mesmerising Himalayan views and numerous incredible places to visit in the area. Places such as Lal Tibba, Camel’s Back Road, Kempty Fall, Bhatta Fall, and the Mall Road are a favorite of tourists.
Tourists flock this popular hill station all through the year because of its pleasant weather and high popularity amongst all the hilly regions in North India. For this reason, Mussoorie is also known as the ‘Queen of Hill Stations.'
Apart from the above, Mussoorie’s Mall Road is known for shopping for woollen clothes, wooden items, and handicrafts. Also, Mussoorie is the home of India’s beloved storyteller and writer, Mr. Ruskin Bond, who is also the reason why people visit this beautiful Himalayan town. All the information related to Mussoorie shall be discussed at the time of selecting your Mussoorie vacation packages.
Which are the best waterfalls to visit in Mussoorie?
- Kempty Falls, it is located 15 km ahead on the Yamunotri Road
- Bhatta Falls
- Jharia Pani Falls
Kempty Falls is located at a height of 4,500 ft. This beautiful waterfall falls down from a height of 40 ft. It is present on Dehradun-Mussoorie route. The lovely view has made this waterfall one of the most prominent tourist spots of Mussoorie.Jharipani falls is located close to Mussoorie. Boarding schools such as Wynberg Allen, St George’s and Oak Grove are located quite nearby.
How long is Mall Road in Mussoorie?Mall Road in Mussoorie is a stretch of almost 2 km and embellished with shops of books, jewellery, handicrafts, wooden items and showpieces, and woollen clothes. This place is the most popular in all the hill-stations and serves as the hub of shopping, food and heart-warming views of the Doon valley. It is the perfect place for your evening strolls as you get to witness the mesmerizing views of the mighty Himalaya.
Is there any snowfall in Mussoorie?Yes, there is a good amount of snowfall taking place in Mussoorie. Mussoorie experiences snowfall during the months of mid-December, January and February. However, one can find frozen snow in certain areas of the hill-station during the month of March as well.
The place looks mesmerizing with snow in the winter months, which attracts crowds of nearby cities, such as Delhi, Lucknow, Kanpur, Chandigarh, and even Himachal to soak in the dreamy vibes of this place.
Thus, if you want to witness Mussoorie in its complete grace and charm, then you must see the Queen of Hills covered in full white of the winter. There are numerous Mussoorie vacation packages available that promise a snowfall experience as well. All you must do is consult with our travel operator today.
Is Mussoorie safe to travel?Yes, Mussoorie is one of the safest places to visit in India. In fact, it is one of the top travel destinations for solo travellers within the country. That is not it, many women solo travellers have ticked it as quite a safe place to spend a day or two.
The locals are warm, friendly and quite helpful in nature. Since the place experiences an influx of tourists all year long, there are people always around the area. Even so, it is advisable to always be aware of one’s surroundings and follow basic safety protocols, such as carrying safety tools- pepper spray with you to deal with unwanted situations that may or may not arise.