Trekking in Mussoorie is considered to be the best sport for discovering the exquisite landscapes of Himalayas. Also known as the Queen of Hills, Mussoorie is a favourite spot for the trekkers to experience a vacation filled with pulse-racing activities. Located in the state of Uttarakhand, Mussoorie is blessed with the beauty of Himalayas and offers an exhilarating getaway from the summer heat. For all the backpackers, trekking tours in Mussoorie offer a fascinating escape away from the hustle and bustle of city life. Some of the famous places where you can enjoy trekking in Mussoorie are Nag Tibba Summit, Bhadraj Temple trek, Har ki dun trek, Yamunotri Saptarishi Kund Trek, Dodikal trek etc. Mussoorie is renowned for its wonderful climate and these trekking trips can be enjoyed by the tourists throughout the year except during the monsoon months.
The thrill of trekking in Mussoorie is something that everyone must experience on their holiday. In the company of expert guides, trekking is a wholesome adventure when combined with activities like camping, bonfire, birdwatching etc. These treks are ideal for both the beginners and expert trekkers and range from easy to moderate difficulty levels. The cost of trekking in Mussoorie ranges from INR 1700 to INR 3500 per person and differs according to the time taken, distance, facilities offered etc. The natural outdoors of Mussoorie beckon all the thrill seekers to challenge their spirits and rejuvenate themselves with the most adventurous treks. With landscapes that boast of majestic green valleys and gorgeous hilltops, Mussoorie has a surprise in store for every trekking enthusiast. The treks in Mussoorie is a great way to spend some time in the company of nature and revive your senses. Amidst the picturesque setting of Mussoorie, trekking is the most amazing sport to live an adventurous weekend in the idyllic boulevards of nature.
People Also Ask About Trekking in Mussoorie
When is the best time to visit Mussoorie for trekking?
Summer marks the peak season in Mussoorie. The best time to plan a getaway to Mussoorie would be in summers, in the month of May and June as you will experience a pleasant weather.
How can I reach Mussoorie?
- By Air: The nearest airport to Mussoorie is the Jollygrant Airport. From here, you can reach Mussoorie in about an hour by road.
- By Road: Mussoorie is well-connected by road. A number of state government and private buses connect Mussoorie with nearby places like Delhi, Dehradun and other important towns of Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand. Buses for Mussoorie are available on a frequent and daily basis, so passengers can choose a bus depending on their convenience.
- By Train: The nearest railway station would be the Dehradun Railway station. This is connected to the major cities like Delhi and Shimla and frequent trains are available.
Which are some famous winter treks in Mussoorie?
Some of the famous winter treks in Mussoorie are:
- LalTibba: It is known for its height and is one of the highest mountain treks inMussoorie. Badrinath temple and Kedarnath Temple Mountains can be easily spotted with a telescope; witness the calmness of sunrise and sunset on this winter trek.
- Bhadraj Forest and Temple is another trek on which you can experience the lush green spreads and serenity in this season.
Which are some famous summer treks in Mussoorie?
- HathiPaon Night Trek is a beautiful night trek which is just 4 kilometres to George Everest. You can indulge in night activities like star-gazing during this trek. Witness the amazing wishing well on your way back to HathiPaon.
- Another great summer trek would be Jwala Devi Trek where you can trek to famous wildlife sanctuaries and witness sights of fauna and flora
- Another great place to trek is the Nag Tibba Trek where you will climb a circular path, passing through villages and jungle.
Is it safe to do trekking in Mussoorie?
Trekking is an adventurous activity which has its own risks. Although Mussoorie is a place of many beautiful hills and valleys, Nag Tibba is considered a safe pathway for your trekking plan.
The difficulty level of trekking in these ranges is considered easy to moderate. While there are other hills you can enjoy trekking on, it is safer to have a local person to guide and help you. Some of the tips are to exchange the money at authoriseddealing shops and always ask for a receipt.
Don’t take unnecessary risks. Keep your documents handy while travelling, majorly your passport. Always carry a map even when you are with a guide. Do not leave cash or valuables in cars or taxis and majorly do not trust strangers.
Which is the highest peak for trekking in Mussoorie?
LalTibba is the highest peak in the whole of Mussoorie, with a tallness of 9,915 feet, also known as the Serpent's Peak.
This is also a picturesque location as you can witness the Yamuna River flowing across the valley. Plan a rafting activity after your tiresome walk.
Can I do the Nag Tibba Trek? What sort of a trek is it?
Yes, you can do trekking on Nag Tibba, the highest peak in the lesser Himalayan region. You can trek to the top of Nag Tibba to get a panoramic view of the Himalayas. Ravish in the stunning views of Bandarpoonch Peak, the Gangotri group of peaks, Srikanth Peak, Kedarnathpeak in the north, Doon valley and the snow peaks of Changabang.
It is one of the easiest treks in the whole of India, and is a famous winter trek. You can expect to reach the top of the peak in a time span of 3-4 hours. Nag Tibba is popular for its altitude, reaching up to 9,915 ft at max, where you can witness a small temple perched upon the Nag Tibba ‘Jhandi’, the highest point of the trek.
Can I do Tap tibba Peak Trek? What is the difficulty level?
Yes, you can experience Tap Tibba trek near the city of Mussoorie. Situated at a height of 10,000 ft., enjoy the spectacular view of the Palla Peak. Enjoy the thrill of trekking with your loved ones on these rugged terrains of the north.
The difficulty level of climbing on this hill is moderate. This has an elevation of 3,022 metres (9,915 ft) and is the highest peak in the lesser Himalayas. Witness the snow clad mountains and the cold breeze that takes your heart away. Make sure to carry all your essentials while planning a trek.
Will we stay in camps during trekking in Mussoorie?
You can definitely stay in camps during your trekking time in Mussoorie. Experience sleeping under the open night sky and gazing at the constellations, while being surrounded by tranquillity and quietness.
Nag Tibba is one trek where you can be accommodated in tents for a true experience. Dance around campfires and make that scrumptious meal over barbeque grills.
Apparently, camps will be there in most of the treks but it’s always advisable to check the dates before booking, also collect information about camping facility in a particular trek.
What type of tents will there be for me?
The tents that you will be provided are generally made of Polyethylene. Also, there will be two kinds of camps, commonly called as swiss and deluxe. You can opt between the en-suite bathroom camps and the swiss camps or common bathroom camps; both kinds of tents are available for your accommodation.
The tents will be waterproof and spacious enough to accommodate up to 3 persons under one tent.
What all things must I carry while going for trekking in Mussoorie?
You must be well equipped with all your essentials while going for trekking. The things you must carry while going for trekking in Mussoorie include:
- Walking stick
- Fleece jackets
- Sleeping bag
- Hiking shoes : lightweight and hard sole boots
- Woolen clothes
- Water, juices and energy drinks
- Easy to eat snacks
- Electric torch
- Medical kit : equipped with medicines for motion sickness, fever and food poisoning
- A good compass
- An extra pair of clothes
- Battery backup
Is it safe for a solo female to trek in Mussoorie?
Yes, it is safe for a solo female trekker to stay in Mussoorie. The crime rate in this state of India is comparatively less and you can hope for a harmonious stay.
Plan and create an itinerary and take suggestions before going. Book in advance all the places that you plan to visit in Mussoorie and be sure to have wonderful memories.
What sort of sleeping bags will be there during the trek?
You will be provided with proper and comfortable sleeping bags. These will have long foamed mats on which a person can sleep with ease. Moreover, if you are already familiar with heat and insulation, these bags will help insulate your body from the cold ground and keep you from shivering. Further, you can carry your own sleeping bag during the trek.
What are the different things apart from trek which can be done in Mussoorie?
- Plan a visit to Mussoorie Adventure Park: take amazing rides and dive in the pool at the Adventure Park in Mussoorie.
- Go on a shopping spree along the Mall road
- Experience Nightlife of Mussoorie: see the local markets and dancing clubs.
- Get enthralled by the spectacular scenic valleys and waterfalls.
- Locate the Tibetan Market and explore the famous tibetan culture
- Experience the local culture of Mussoorie
- Visit the Soham heritage centre to admire the artworks
Which are some famous sightseeing spots in Mussoorie?Some of the best sightseeing spots in Mussoorie are:
- Enjoy the picturesque Jharipani falls and enchanting Kempty Waterfalls
- Visit Christ Church
- Walk on Camel’s Back Road
- Explore Tibetan Market
- Visit LalTibba
- Beautiful Lake Mist
- Discover wilderness at Benog Wildlife Sanctuary
- Picnic at the Cloud’s end and Happy Valley
- Pay a visit to Jwala Devi Temple
- Go on an expedition in Mussoorie Adventure Park
- Admire the wildlife at Vinog Mountain Quail Sanctuary
What adventure activities are famous in Mussoorie?
Mussoorie is a house of adventure and if you visit this place, be sure to partake this opportunity and get indulge in the activities like Rafting, Climbing and Trekking.
- Raft your way on Yamuna waters
- Marvel at the amazing waters from Kempty waterfalls
- Indulge in a rock climbing experience
- Rappel your way through the mountains
- Take a cable car ride and admire the beautiful view from the top
- Trek on some of the highest peaks in India
- Take a zip line sky trek which is as interesting and fun as it sounds