At the onset of dusk the nightlife in Munnar, the magnificent hill station in Kerala, illuminates with fun-filled activities and jovial entertainment for the visitors. After a day spent in sightseeing or shopping, the city welcomes the guests with its vibrant pubs, resorts and clubs. Packed with numerous indoor and outdoor sports and games, the clubs and resorts are the favourite places for both adults and kids. As the night sets in, the pubs start with their exclusive spread of drinks, beverages and lip-smacking delicacies.
An interesting feature of Munnar nightlife is its rich cultural performances and dance shows by talented and skilled artists. The shows are mostly conducted in the evening, offering you a melodious display of the authentic and traditional beauty of Indian classical heritage. You can witness the famous Kathakali dance of Kerala, performed by professional and renowned experts.
Streetside shops and local markets are the two best places to explore in the evenings at Munnar. You can find a wide variety of local and handmade artworks and crafts, spices, tea, coffee, local farm produce and garments for a delightful shopping experience.
Food lovers will not be left disappointed in Munnar at night. The city offers a wide variety of restaurants and café, serving both veg and non-veg dishes from Indian as well as international cuisine. You can also find several beer parlours and wine shops in and around Munnar at night, operated by the state government.
Adventure lovers and nature admirers can opt for forest camping at night in Munnar. There are several campsites at Chokramudi, Periyar, Suryanelli and many other places to spend a night with campfire, entertainment and star-gazing. With the hills being illuminated by the sparkling and vibrant lights of the restaurants, clubs, resorts, pubs, bars and the night markets, the city of Munnar transforms into a haven of beauty to sit and spend a relaxing time at night.
People Also Ask About Nightlife in Munnar
What are the best places to visit in Munnar at night?
The best places to visit and experience Nightlight in Munnar:
1. Top station highway at Munnar- It situated at a height of 1880 meter above sea level, offers camps and tents to spend a memorable night among the mesmerizing beauty of the hills, green valleys and the splendid tea plantations. You can enjoy vibrant music, campfire and delicious food, before retiring to your sleeping bags.
2. Suryanelli- It is located at a distance of about 26 km from the main city centre of Munnar, offers an amazing campsite amid the majestic Western Ghats and the breathtaking lush green forests. The evening lights up with a bonfire, jovial music, delectable snacks and drinks and even Barbecue for dinner.
3. Marayoor Hills- The forest in theMarayoor Hills, located about 40 km from Munnar, provides a heavenly experience during the night. Comfortable tents, campfire, melodious music and delicious food provide an exciting and enjoyable experience during the night stay at the campsite. You can enjoy the astonishing night view of the mountain ranges near the camp.
4. Chokramudi Hills- Itis one of the best places to spend a night at Munnar. You can witness the breathtaking view of the Idukki district from the campsite. Located amid a serene and tranquil environment, you will be entertained by the vibrant music, bonfire, star gazing, delectable dishes and drinks and comfortable tents.
5. Hilltop of Munnar- Camping at the hilltop of Munnar, while experiencing the panoramic views of the mountain, deep valleys, green meadows and the dense green forests. You can view the enigmatic beauty of the entire Idukki district from the campsite. The guests are entertained at night with entertaining music, a relaxing campfire, good food and drinks and comfortable stay at the tents.
6. Meesapulimala Camp- Enjoy a delightful stay at the campsite of Meesapulimala, the second highest peak of the southern part of India. The nightlife at the camp is full of fun and joy with the lip-smacking snacks and beverages, the campfire accompanied by lively music.
What are the best clubs or bars available in Munnar?
The best clubs or bars to enjoy the nightlife in Munnar:
1. High Range Club: Situated at a distance of 2km from the city centre of Munnar, is the best place to enjoy the night. It provides a world class dining experience with its multi-cuisines dishes offered at the restaurant. A wide variety of recreational activities – billiards, tennis, squash, basketball, table tennis entertain the guests.
2. Mountain Club Munnar: One of the best resorts for enjoying night life with its loads of entertainment facilities like swimming pool, cookery shows, number of indoor and outdoor games, state of the art health club and delectable dishes at its multi-cuisine restaurant. You can enjoy an ayurvedic spa at the end of the day for a relaxed and refreshing feeling.
3. Camelot Resort Munnar: It provides one of the best nightlife experiences in Munnar. You can spend a quiet and peaceful evening in the resort, away from the noisy city life. The club hosts a campfire at night along with music and interesting cooking shows. Various outdoor and indoor recreational activities and sports are offered to the guests.
Where can we eat in Munnar at night?
The best restaurants offering a delightful nightlife in Munnar:
1. Saravana Bhavan is an authentic veg restaurant located near the Munnar market. Serving foods from the Indian and Asian cuisine, it is the best place for vegan friendly food lovers. The restaurant is open after hours, ideal for enjoying a late dinner with family and friends.
2. Rapsy restaurant is located at the Proche de bazar centre, providing a wide array of dishes from Indian, Asian and the local cuisines. It serves special diet meals for vegetarians and vegans. It operates after hours, serving dinner for the guests while enjoying the night at Munnar.
3. Gurubhavan serves vegetarian, vegan, gluten free and halal meal options from its Indian and Asian cuisine. It is located at Tea County road in the city centre. The restaurant is explicitly famous for the Kerala local delicacies and a perfect place to enjoy dinner at night.
4. Copper Castle restaurant is situated at a picturesque location in Kannan Devan Hills. It serves delicious and tasty food from the Indian, Asian and International cuisine. The staff is friendly and the service is excellent, perfect to spend a relaxed nightlife.
5. Hot Chicken serves both vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes. It is especially famous for its chicken delicacies and a perfect place to enjoy dinner. The food is tasty and delicious and the hospitality of the staff is also appreciable.
What are the famous night markets in Munnar?
The famous markets to visit as part of nightlife in Munnar:
1. Munnar Market is the main market of the city, lined up with numerous small and midsize shops on both sides of the streets. The shops are open late at night, selling home-made chocolates, handicrafts and artwork, garments, tea, coffee, aromatic spices and oils. Some even sell fruits and vegetables from the local farms.
2. Krishna’s Shopping Mall is also present at the city centre, hosting a wide variety of shops selling herbal products, dresses, kitchen utensils, aromatic oils, tea, coffee, spices, dry fruits and home-made chocolates. There are food stalls and café inside the mall to quench your thirst and hunger after shopping.
3. Mattupetty Dam Market is present at a scenic location near the dam and the lake. The market is especially famous for selling handicrafts made by the local artists and craftsmen. It is a place to buy souvenirs and gift items for your near and dear ones.
4. GreenLand Spices SuperMarket is an authentic outlet for buying local spices like cardamom, ginger, garlic, black pepper, turmeric and many more. You can find the outlet within the main Munnar market. It also sells home made chocolates and tea powder.
Where can I go to Munnar with family at night?
The best places to enjoy nightlife in Munnar with family:
1. Suryanelli, situated at a height of about 1412 meter above sea level, is a place filled with enchanting resorts for a fabulous nightlife experience between the tea plantations. You can enjoy its wonderful flora and fauna. The kids can spend a fun-filled evening and night at the resorts.
2. Pothamedu View Point is open 24 hours and is a perfect place to spend your evening with family. You can watch the sunset beyond the horizon and enjoy a light stroll along the mountain trails to enjoy the beauty of the hills at night.
3. Mattupetty dam and the lake is a popular tourist destination for families. It is open 24 hours, providing breathtaking views of the valleys and the glittering waters of the lake. You will be entertained with the soothing breeze and the chirping of the birds in the evening.
4. Punarjani Traditional Village is one of the best places to visit with family, witnessing the elaborate performances and dance shows by professional artists. You can watch the evening and night shows of the renowned Kathakali dance to enliven the tradition and culture of Kerala.
Can we get local buses or transportation facilities Munnar at night?
Yes, local buses operated by private companies and KSRTC (Kerala State Road Transport Corporation) ply 24 hours to carry passengers within different parts of the city. Even cab services, run by private cab operators, are available on hire at night in Munnar.