Book Mumbai tour packages from Thrillophilia and get ready for a bag full of surprises. Famed as the ‘City of dreams’ this cosmopolitan region is an eclectic mix of everything India is known for and these packages give you a chance to explore each one of them. With the towering skyscrapers hitting the sky to the architectural marvels, there is something for each kind of vacationer. If you wish to visit the world-renowned places of the city or wish to pump up the adrenaline with nerve-wrenching adventures, here you are spoilt for choice. Apart from this if the wildlife attracts you then you’ll be delighted to know that this owns a wide array of wildlife sanctuaries which can be toured with these packages. Each one of them is finely tailored keeping in mind the needs of vacationers and victuals to almost all of them. From the vada pav or the local streets to the lavish restaurants that serve lip-smacking food, you can trace each one of them and give your taste buds a feast. Whether you are looking for a pact in which you can give your family ultimate comfort to the honeymoon packages which even offer seclusion you can pick the one that you like as everything is available.
Mumbai tour packages are many things interweaved in one. With these packages, you can luxuriate at some of the upscale resorts and hotels like JW Marriot, Lalit, Taj Mahal, Hilton Mumbai, and more such escapades. Ranging from the top-notch amenities to the ultra modern amenities here one can unravel all of them. Fondly called as the Mayanagri this place is one of the most revered places in India and several tourists flock here to explore its wonders. While the hotels provide you a touch of the cosmopolitan world the resorts give you a chance to intermingle with nature. Each one of the resorts is lavishly built and the packages include them all. The months from October to March are the most favorable months as this is the time when the beauty of the city is at its notch but it is can year-round destination and you can book Mumbai tours anytime. Looking for something different? How about camping! The vicinity of this city is dotted with quite a lot of camping sites like the Bhandardara lake camping, Kundalika camping, Kalsabui camping, and countless others. Add a new dimension to your Mumbai tour and explore not only the city but the sites in its proximity as well.
Wondering what do the Mumbai packages comprise of? Well, with these packages you can embark on an architectural tour to the major attractions of the city. You can visit the Gateway of India which has marked its place in history or just relax at the Marine drive which has an enticing aura. Apart from this, you can also mark your footprints on several other sites the city is known for. The well-renowned places like the Worli sea face, Elephanta caves, and more such sites can also be covered with these packages. Wish to witness the sunset? Head straight to the Juhu beach which is one of the best places to visit in Mumbai and is dotted with a number of food joints. Apart from gazing at the beautiful sunrise, you can also enjoy the lip-smacking local cuisine which is easily available on each and every stall. Not only this you can also delight your tummy with the continental cuisine which is available at the restaurants which lie on the trail of Juhu beach. Be it eating the ice Golas or trying hands-on adventures this beach is one stop destination to all and most of the packages are inclusive of them.
As the city is one of the most modernized places in India, it victuals to an excellent melange of ultra-luxury escapades to the basic ones. Most of the Mumbai tours which are specially for the couples include unique experiences like sunset dinner on a cruise, candlelight dinner and more such romantic things which make it a plus for the honeymoon goers and couples. But if you are traveling with your family and still want something unique then you can take the Bollywood tours as the city is the hub for Bollywood. Not only this you can also witness several adventures which will make your trip a memorable one. You can try parasailing, trekking, speed boating and what not! There are several getaway options from Mumbai and one can club them with the Mumbai packages. Each one of them is made very attentively so that the needs of each kind of traveler is satisfied. While some of them focus more on adventures are more leisure. Pondering what you should not miss in Mumbai? Well, the answer is pretty obvious that you should not miss the street shopping in Mumbai. From the apparel to the shimmery glares here you can find everything at relatively lower prices. Also, if you are a bit of brand-conscious then you can move to the malls which are brimming with a number of brands. Be it shopping, food, food, accommodation, adventure, tours, or anything there a package for each one of them and an aggregate of them all too. So without any further thoughts select the optimal one from the wide array of Mumbai tour packages and explore the beautiful city.
Popular Mumbai Tour Packages
|Exciting Mumbai Lakshadweep Goa Cruise Package 2020||5D/4N||₹ 35000||5.0 star|
|Ladakh Package from Mumbai 2020 | Flat 17% off||8D/7N||₹ 18000||4.0 star|
|Chattisgarh Tribal Tours with Sightseeing Tour of Delhi||10D/9N||₹ 0||4.0 star|
|Tribal Tour of Chhattisgarh||10D/9N||₹ 0||4.0 star|
|Sightseeing Tour of Chattisgarh For 6 Days||6D/5N||₹ 0||3.0 star|
People Also Ask About Mumbai Tours
What is the best time to go to Mumbai for holidays?
Mumbai city is a popular tourist destination all throughout the year. The winter months are ideal for sight-seeing as the days are cool. July and August see a lot of rainfall, while travelling is difficult during the monsoons.
Mumbai monsoons are famous as it is beautiful by the sea. It is also the perfect time to plan treks to Matheran, Lonavala, and Rajmachi village
Check out: 10 Best Amusement Parks in Mumbai
What sort of climate can I find in Mumbai?
Mumbai has a typical coastal climate with moderate heat and humidity. The winters are mild with temperatures never going below 10 degrees.
The monsoon is the predominant season and is beautiful by the sea but traveling in monsoon can be a problem.
Is it safe for solo female travelers to visit Mumbai?
Mumbai is the most cosmopolitan city in India. The city is swarming with people at all times and is known as the city that never sleeps. It is considered to be one of the safest cities for women in India.
However, recently there have been a few untoward incidents so it is advised for solo women travelers to avoid lonely lanes and dark alleys during night time.
You may also like: Top 40 Activities to Do in Mumbai
What should my travelling luggage be like? What things must I carry? What sort of clothes should I carry
Depends on the length of your trip you can carry a backpack or a suitcase.
- The weather is mostly hot and humid so carry comfortable cotton clothes with sunglasses and hat for sun protection.
- Mosquitoes are a hazard so carry a good quality mosquito repellant. If you plan to do sight-seeing carry comfortable foot wear for long walk.
- The city is a shopper’s paradise, so it is better to leave some space in luggage for shopping.
What all romantic things can be done in Mumbai?
- The best places for couples to explore together are a late night coffee at Marine Drive
- A serene walk on the Worli Sea link with your special someone to enjoy the rising or setting sun.
- Madh Island is an ideal getaway for couples with its placid waters and mangrove trees.
- Bandra Fort is another popular place for spending some quality time together.
- To share a memorable day with your partner a late night drive at the Palm beach road, Navi Mumbai exquisite.
- The terraced Hanging Gardens are a perfect place to spend some cozy time together.
- Chota Kashmir, in Goregaon East with its lake and lush green gardens and paddle boating is one of the most romantic spots in the city.
- Carter Road is another hangout spot for couples alongside Bandstand Promenade for couples.
Is it worth visiting Mumbai for adventure?There are a number of adventure activities in Mumbai. The city is located at the confluence of the Arabian Sea and the Western Ghats and has many alluring activities like
- Cycling & trekking
Is Mumbai a good option for a family holiday?Mumbai has many interesting places to visit with your family.
- Families can visit the famous sightseeing places in Mumbai like Gate way of India, Haji Ali, Victoria Terminal, Chhatrapati Shivaji Vastu Sanghralaya and Rajabai Tower.
- A trip to Elephanta caves is interesting for kids as well as adults.
- The Chowpatty Beach and Juhu are perfect for a quick snack with your family.
- A picnic to Borivali National Park and visit to Kanhera caves is an interesting day out option.
- Many amusement parks like Adlabs Imagica, Essel World, Smaash and Snow World are ideal places to go for a one day outing in Mumbai
Popular reads: 25 Best One Day Picnic Spots near Mumbai
Which are the must visit beaches in Mumbai?
There are some of the best beaches in Mumbai with the beautiful view of the sea:
- The most famous beaches are Juhu and Chowpatty beach for its bustling crowds and amazing street foods.
- Marve Beach in Malad is away from city humdrum and is perfect for a romantic getaway.
- Madh Island beach is known for its serene waters and mangrove trees.
- Kalamb beach is a hidden gem which is unexplored and is ideal for enjoying a peaceful time in scenic surroundings.
- Versova Beach and Gorai Beach are good picnic spots with famous local seafood markets.
Check out: Top 15 Beach Resorts near Mumbai
Can I go on cruise or yacht tour in Mumbai? What will be the cost of cruise for one day?Cruises from Mumbai are quite popular especially when it's going to one of the fines places around.
- Yacht Tours Mumbai, Aquasail and Oyster Sail offer cruises in the waters of Arabian sea with a gentle sea breeze and clear skies.
- The packages include romantic sailing experiences, beach picnics, yacht parties and cruises to nearby weekend getaway destinations like Mandwa, Alibaug, Elephanta Islands, Khandheri Island, Murud Janjira and Nagaon. They also offer a luxury yacht holiday tour package from Mumbai to Goa and back.
- If you are looking for a short and quick evening experience, a sunset cruise followed by dinner on the yacht would be ideal for you. For a one day or overnight getaway from Mumbai, you can to sail away to a nearby beach or island, or even stay overnight on a yacht.
- Aqua sail offers a unique 4 hour tour of Mumbai from the sea and covers many important landmarks. The average cost of a cruise tour can range from 2000 INR to 6000 INR, depending on the type of boat booked.
What all activities are best for children in Mumbai?
There are many places and experiences for kids in Mumbai.
- Ovalekar Wadi Butterfly garden is an exciting spot for children to observe more than 130 species of colorful and vibrant butterflies.
- The RBI Monetary Museum will take your child on a historical tour through the evolution of money.
- A trip to Kanheri caves through Borivali National park is exciting for kids with small Rivulets and waterfalls.
- Essel World and Adlabs Imagica with its many rides and amusement games is an all-time favorite spot for kids.
What sort of nightlife is there in Mumbai?
Mumbai is known as the city that never sleeps.
- Nariman Point on Marine drive is a place to hang out and admire the city lights during wee hours.
- Juhu Chowpatty is open throughout the night and Bademiya in Colaba is best for late night munching.
- The city is known for its dazzling night clubs from elite Taproom, Olive, Social, Hoppipola to local bars like Gokul and Sunlight for travelers on the budget.
- The late night movie shows at famous Regal and Metro cinemas for movies buff at pocket friendly rates is quite an experience.
Must read: Places to Visit in Mumbai at Night
Which are some of the best places to do adventure activities in Mumbai?
There are many activities for adventure lovers in and around Mumbai.
- The nature lovers can go for one of the many beautiful treks in the Sahyadri Range.
- Kalsubai Peak is the highest peak in the region and the trekking trail is beautiful.
- Treks to Ratangad, Rajmachi and Kulung Fort are known for their thrill factor.
- White water rafting in Kolad, about 3 hours away from Mumbai is an enthralling experience.
- Waterfall Rappelling in Matheran and Lonavala is for hard core adrenaline junkies. You can do Kayaking in Chowpatty Beach.
- Go Karting in Smaaash, which has the first multi-level track arena in the country.
Which restaurants serve the best food in Mumbai?
Mumbai cuisine is known for its native, borrowed, refurbished and reinterpreted food. The trademark Vada Pao, Pao Bhaji, Sev Puri, Bhel are a gastronomic delight for all. The Juhu Beach and Chowpatty are the best places to get these authentic chaats.
- The Konkan food in Mutton Masala and Tisrya is known for delicious fish curries and sol curry.
- Try traditional simple yet delectable Maharashtrian meal consisting of Varat Bhat, Usat, thali Peeth and Kharwas in small restaurants in lanes of Dadar.
- The Udipi restaurants are known for their South Indian food and have outlets in all parts of the city. The Muhammad Ali road for its delectable kebabs and biryanis.
- ‘Britannia’ ‘Jimmy Boy’ are some of oldest Irani cafes in the old town area.
Explore: 35 Best Resorts near Mumbai
What is the transport in Mumbai?
Mumbai is the capital city of Maharashtra and has the best public and private transport options available. Booking a cab is the easiest option for tourists. However, for those travelling on budget, local trains are the cheapest and fastest mode of reaching your destination.
However, they are very crowded with people hanging out of the trains.
Metro trains have also started in some areas. Mumbai's public transport consists primarily of rapid transit on exclusive suburban railway lines augmented by commuter rail on main lines serving outlying suburbs, the bus services of the three municipalities making up the metropolitan area, public taxis and auto-rickshaws, as well as ferry services.
A metro and a monorail system have recently been inaugurated. A commercial Seaplane Service has recently been introduced
Where can I do water sports in Mumbai?
Water sports are most easily accessible in Mumbai because of its abundant coastline. The best places for water sports near Mumbai are:
- Kundalika River in Kolad for White water Rafting.
- Kayaking in Chowpatty Beach
- Sailing in a world class keelboat from Gateway of India
- Malvan, near Belgaum for deep sea diving and snorkeling
- Waterfall rappelling in Matheran and Lonavala waterfalls.
You may also like: 15 Best Waterfalls near Mumbai
Can I do a cycling tour of Mumbai? Which places are famous to explore on cycling?
Cycling tours in Mumbai start early in the morning as the streets are less crowded. Safety is the number one priority on this trip so Bicycle helmets are a must. The highlights of this tour are
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, known for its architecture,
- Crawford Market which is the city’s largest wholesale fruit market
- Mumbadevi Temple, a historical Hindu temple that Mumbai was named after. You can take a break from your bikes and have a look inside.
- The market of flowers known as the flower Galli.
- The scenic Marine Drive along the Arabian Sea and Sassoon Dock
- The main fish loading and trading center for all of South Mumbai.
- The Borivali National Park also has a beautiful trail for cycling with varied flora fauna and small rivulets.
Where can I do shopping in Mumbai? What things are must to buy in Mumbai?
Mumbai is a shopper’s paradise for frugal and is known for its street shopping. The best shopping destinations are
- Linking Road Bandra for latest clothes, bags, footwear at throwaway prices.
- Hill road and Zaveri Bazaar is known for antique pieces of junk jewellery and trinkets.
- Fashion Street is the place where you get fake Guccis and Prada at cheap prices. Do look for manufacturing defects.
- Colaba causeway is fashion lover’s delight with everything from clothes to accessories.
- Hindmata Market is known for its designer sarees, lehengas and sherwanis.
- Do visit Chor Bazaar the oldest markets of the city and get good deals on gadgets.
Check out: Famous Market Places in Mumbai
Can we go on a historical tour of Mumbai? Which historical places are a must visit in Mumbai?
Mumbai is one of the busiest cities of the world and has many historical monuments and places to see. Visiting these heritage mornuments is a great option for a one-day outing in Mumbai.
- The iconic ‘Gate way of India’ on the Mumbai harbor front is a popular tourist haunt and depicts the grandeur of British era.
- ‘Haji Ali’ the shrine of Saint Pir Haji Ali stands in the middle of Arabian Sea and is a marvel of Indo-Islamic architecture. The Dargah complex is also known for delectable mughlai cuIsine like kebabs and biryani.
- A trip to Elephanta Island and witness the intricate artwork and carvings in the temples inside elephanta caves. The temples are cut into the rocks with charming patios, corridors and columns.
- The famous ‘Siddhivinayak Temple’ of Lord Ganesha is known for its alluring architecture and beauty.
- ‘Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya’ is the most premier art and history museums in India. This is also known as Prince of Wales Museum of Western India and has rare displays depicting the rich culture and heritage of our nation.
- ‘Mount Mary Church’ is a quaint and peaceful church located on a hillock in Bandra.
- Mumbadevi Temple is the oldest temple in the city and it is from this that the city has derived its name.
- Mahalakshmi Temple on the Arabian Sea was built in16th century and is known for its architecture.
Where can I go for Scuba diving near Mumbai? Is it safe?
Malvan, near Belgaum which is an eight hour journey from Mumbai, is the closest option for deep sea diving. The waters are home to a large variety of fishes found in the Arabian Sea. Turtles, stingrays, stonefish and cobias are easily spotted here.
Explore: Best Places for Scuba Diving in Mumbai
Are there any trekking trails near Mumbai?
- The famous places for treks around Mumbai are Lohagad Fort which stays covered with mist and clouds and becomes particularly wet with growing moss during the monsoon. It is an easy one day trekking tour.
- Mahuli fort is situated on a solitary hill on the western face of Sahyadri Range. This makes for a secluded yet one of the most majestic trekking spots.
- Prabalgad Fort is 50 km from Mumbai. It is located on a plateau close to Matheran.
- Raigad fort is one of the best treks near Mumbai, with a chance to trek in the night. It’s scary but safe.
Where can we go for camping near Mumbai?
There are several serene places tucked in the Sahyadri Mountains close to Mumbai, which are perfect for a camping trip near Mumbai.
- Pavana Lake Camp is one of the least explored artificial lake and is a perfect spot for camping, picnics and sightseeing.
- Camping in Karnala Bird Sanctuary in Panvel is an enchanting experience with swaying palm trees forests and untouched splendor.
- Camping in Badlapur is enjoyable with sounds of chirping birds and the music of flowing river.
Popular reads: 10 Best Jungle Resorts near Mumbai
Which are some weekend destinations from Mumbai?
Mumbai is located at a confluence of Western Ghats and Arabian Sea and has amazing places for a short weekend trip.
- A trip to Karnala Bird Sanctuary, Karjat, Matheran, Lonavala and Khandala to enjoy lush green slopes of mountains and waterfalls. Many adventure activities like trekking, rappelling and river crossing are available for adventure junkies.
- A trip to Malshej Ghat is the most picturesque trip in Maharashtra with amazing flora and fauna.
- Alibaug city is a hot favorite for a beach holiday.
- City of Kolad is famous for white water rafting.
Which hill stations are good to visit near Mumbai?
- Located in the Western Ghats in the state of Maharashtra, Khandala is a popular hill station and a much frequented weekend getaway for the inhabitants of Mumbai and Pune city. The town is located at an elevation of 550 meters above mean sea level amidst the lush green hills of the Western Ghats. Due to its close proximity to the populated city of Mumbai it has been one of the most popular hiking and trekking destination.
- Situated at an elevation of 642 meters above sea level, Lonavala is located in close proximity to the town of Pune and Mumbai. The region was known to be strategically important and was a part of the Mughals for a long period of time. Lonavala also houses several medieval forts that once belonged to the Maratha and the Peshwa empires.
- A relatively unexplored hill station, Amboli is located in the state of Maharashtra in the Sahyadri Hills. One of the recently popular eco-hotspots, Amboli attracts a lot of visitors through its abundant and unique flora and fauna. The hill town is situated at an elevation of 690 meters above the mean sea level and is best visited during the monsoons. Waterfalls and misty mountains are one of the best attractions that can be witnessed during the monsoons.
- One of the most enchanting hill stations in Maharashtra, Mahabaleshwar sits at an elevation of 1,438 meters above sea level amidst the Western Ghats. Mahabaleshwar is also considered to be the source of the Krishna River and is said to have been sourced by a mythical cow-shaped spout located inside an ancient temple.
- Located at an elevation of 1,293 meters above mean sea level in the state of Maharashtra, the city of Panchgani is a picturesque hill station in the Sahyadri range. The town was discovered by the British and was developed as a summer resort during the mid-eighteenth century.
Popular reads: 20 Best Hill Stations near Mumbai
Where can I go for rafting tour near Mumbai?
- Located in the mountains of Mahad village in Konkan countryside of Maharashtra, the tiny hamlet of Kolad has since become a site of the amazing adventure of river rafting. The river rafting near Mumbai in Kolad takes place over the Kundalika River.
- Situated on the Vaitarna or Modak Sagar Dam located in the Palghar district of Maharashtra, the river rafting in Vaitarna is an unexplored but an exciting activity.The Vaitarna river is known for its strong and ferocious currents which are perfect for the river rafting adventure. This river rafting near Mumbai typically lasts for about two hours and is a thoroughly adventurous and exciting experience.
Suggested reads: Top Paragliding Tours in Mumbai
Where can we go for a wine tour near Mumbai? Is Nashik a good option for a wine tour?
Nashik city is often referred to as India's very own Napa Valley. Under an azure blue sky and surrounded by picturesque Western Ghat mountains, Nashik is the home of some of the finest Indian wines. Warmer days and cooler nights, gentle slope, fertile landscape - all these make a perfect setting of a great wine country. Nashik is India's wine capital.
- Lavish vineyards and well-developed winery infrastructure make Nashik the perfect wine tour destination. If you want to experience first hand the Indian wine growth story and taste some of the finest Indian labels, your quest would certainly bring you to Nashik.
- Sula Vineyards and Soma Vineyard Resort in Nashik provide wine tasting session with ample information on the techniques of proper wine tasting. A tour of the vineyard estate will show you the grapes from which wine is made and wine factory for the techniques involved in winemaking.
Which forts are famous near Mumbai for trekking?
- Kulang Fort has the highest climb from base to top in Sahyadri ranges. Out of the trio forts. Only this fort can be climbed without technical help. To reach the top one has to climb rock cut stairs, some of which are broken oe were blown away by the British. There are few remnants and water tanks on the fort. One can stay in caves for a night (30 people capacity).
- Kohoj, the hill fort is situated in Palghar region. One can see this fort while traveling on the Mumbai-Ahmedabad highway near Manor Naka. This fort is about 12 km from Wada. We will be taking the route which starts from Waghote. This village is located on Manor-Wada route at around 8 km from Mumbai-Ahmedabad highway. One can reach to the top of Kohoj within 3 hrs. from the base village.
- Located in Lonavala which is just a couple of hours from Pune, Lohgad is one of the best forts to visit during any time of the year. Ideal time to visit Lohgad would be in the winter season. It is always recommended that you start your trek early so that you do not get fatigued quickly.
- Raigad is a fortified hill fortress situated in the modern day near Mahad, Raigad district of Maharashtra, India. The fort, which rises 820 meters (2,700 ft) above sea level, is located in the Sahyadri mountain range. There are approximately 1400–1450 steps leading to the fort, though today a rope-way exists to reach the top of the fort.
Also read: Top 20 Luxury Resorts near Mumbai
Which are some beach destinations near Mumbai for a weekend trip?Here are some beach getaways near Mumbai for a chilled-out weekend:
- At a distance of 20 km from Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Juhu Beach is situated in the western suburb of Mumbai. Juhu Beach is one of the largest and most popular beaches in Mumbai.
- At a distance of 4.5 km from Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Chowpatty Beach, officially known as Girgaon Chowpatty, is one of the most famous beaches in Mumbai adjoining Marine Drive in the Girgaum area. This is a popular beach which attracts people of all age groups and also one of the top tourist places in Mumbai.
- At a distance of 102 km from Mumbai, Alibaug or Alibag is a coastal town and a municipal council in Raigad district of Maharashtra.
- At a distance of 345 km from Mumbai, Ganpatipule is a small pilgrimage & beach town located in the Ratnagiri district on the Konkan coast of Maharashtra in India.
- At a distance of 350 km from Mumbai, Ratnagiri is a port city and the district headquarters of Ratnagiri on Arabian Sea coast in southwestern part of Maharashtra.
How far is Goa from Mumbai? How to go Goa from Mumbai?
The distance between Goa and Mumbai is 557 km. It is well connected by road, rail and flight. The drive will take approximately 8 hours. There are about 41 direct trains from Mumbai to Goa. The fastest way to reach Goa is by flight in 1 hour.
Check out: A Detailed Guide about Mumbai to Goa