Mandi is built on the banks of River Beas. The best things to do in Mandi include taking trekking trips to nearby lakes like Lake Prashar. One can also enjoy the hiking and biking trips while they are in Mandi. Mandi is a major tourist attraction and tourism is a major portion of the local economy.
Mandi has a pleasant summer and very cold winters. It is surrounded by some really high hill ranges like Gandharv Hills, MotipurDhar, RehraDhar and Tarna Hill. One of the fastest developing towns in Himachal Pradesh, Mandi acts as a gateway to Kullu, Lahaul, and Leh-Ladakh. Mandi is also easily accessible as it connected to three national highway routes.
Mandi is very popular among the tourists. It is beautiful and scenic and tourists often describe it as heavenly when asked about their Mandi experience. The most popular things to do here is trekking as is the case with most places in Himachal Pradesh. Mandi has some beautiful trekking routes towards Prashar Lake, Rewalsar Lake, and a lovely, picturesque and visually stunning trek of the Barot Valley.
Another feature prevalent in entire Himachal Pradesh is the presence of religious sites. Mandi isn’t an exception either, as there are many temples and monasteries in and around Mandi which draw visitors in thousands, who are in search of a spiritual recluse, who have traveled thousands of miles to get spiritually enlightened and get a divine experience. Some of the important temples around here are Triloknath Temple, Shikari Devi Temple, Bh?ma Kali Temple and Kamaksha Devi Temple. The Bir Monastery is a significant monument in Mandi for Buddhist followers and monks. The temple visits indeed are one of the best things to do in Mandi for a tourist.
Places to Visit and Things to Do in Mandi
People Also Ask About Mandi Things To Do
What all things can be done in and around Mandi?
Mandi gives you the option of doing many things.
- The thrill-seeking kind can go for different trekking trips as Mandi has some of the best trekking routes. There’s also hiking and biking routes and experiences for the adventure lovers.
- Different types of adventure sport experiences are provided in and around Mandi.
- There are several beautiful lakes where one can go. A religious tourist can visit the different temples and monasteries in and around Mandi for a peaceful religious enlightenment and experience.
- Someone who’s into fishing can even go fishing in the Beas and the other smaller rivers near Mandi.
What are the best trekking options near Mandi?
Mandi has some amazing trekking routes, which are famous in the entire country, which is why it gets so many trekkers to come round the year for an experience of a lifetime. Mandi has a pleasant climate most of the year which makes it a favorite with the trekkers. Some of the popular trekking options are:
- Prashar Lake is one of the most uncommon places in entire Himachal. Located 50 km north of Mandi, it is a crystal clear lake.
- Surrounded by snow-covered Dhauladhar, Kamru Nag Lake is a famous trekking destination located on the Mandi-Karsog road.
- Rewalsar Lake Trek
Which are the best camping sites in and around Mandi?
Mandi, being a very popular trekking, biking, and hiking route, also houses a lot of camps in and around the city, especially on the trekking routes. The camps are all located in stunning locations with a splendid view of the valleys and hills around Mandi. Mandi, being sheltered by the Dhauladhar Range has some beautiful scenic locations, which is where the camps are. Some of the best camping sites in and around Mandi are –
- Barot Valley camps
- Kasol, The Heaven’s Gateway
- Kheer Ganga
- Karsog Camping
- Billing Valley Camping Site
What all adventure sports can be done in and around Mandi?
Mandi is a great place for adventure and thrill seekers because there are many adventure sport options in and around Mandi, which makes it very popular with the tourists. Mandi caters well to those who seek a rush of adrenaline. All the activities are done under the strict guidance of professionals by maintaining safety guidelines. Some of the adventure sports options are:
- White Water Rafting facilities are run are private operators, who run it in Pirdi, near Kullu.
- Kayaking is possible at the Pandoh Dam on the way to Mandi
- Paragliding facilities are available in Solang Nallah and Marhi.
- Solang and Rohtang pass has a variety of slopes that are optimum for skiing for all difficulties from beginner to professionals.
How difficult is Prashar Lake trek? What is the best time for Prashar Lake trek?
Prashar Lake is one of the most popular treks from Mandi because it is not very difficult and doesn’t take much time. So if someone has around 3-4 days off and they feel like going on a trekking trip, Prashar Lake trip is a very good option, especially if the tourist is from the northern part of India. It is at a height of 8900 feet. Prashar Lake trek is easy and trekkers go there almost all the time of the year. The trek costs around INR 3000.
Where can I go for rafting near Mandi?
One of the most popular things to do in spring in entire Himachal is white water rafting. There are many private operators around Mandi who provide white water rafting facilities at Pirdi near Kullu. Whitewater rafting is done on the Beas River as well, but only by people who are very good at it and is not advised to novices. The rafting stretch from Pirdi has Grade II and Grade III rapids, which is suitable even for novices, hence it is very popular with those who just want an adrenaline rush by trying their hand at rafting.