Lonavala TrekkingBhimashankar Trek, Lohagad Fort Trek, Trek To Duke's Nose, Trek To Tamhini Ghats, Trek To Tikona Fort, Kalsubai Trek, Harishchandragad Trek, Ratangad-Sonki Trek, Korigad fort trek, Rajmachi Trek, Mahuli Trek, Matheran trek and many more.
There are some of the most awe-inspiring spots for trekking in Lonavala that will challenge your mental and physical limits and will make you fall in love with the breathtaking scenery. You'll get a chance to interact with the local people by signing up for these adventurous trails. Bhimashankar Trek and Lohagad Fort Trek are the gorgeous treks in Lonavala that lead through idyllic alpine meadows, glacial valleys, and distinctive mountain passes.
If you're looking for the best one-day treks in Lonavala, Karnala Fort Trek and Lohagad Trek should be your go-to option. Looking down over the granite moonscapes and turquoise lakes as you reach the summit of these treks is just priceless. You can also trek to Tamhini Ghats and Duke's Nose that is packed with vivid forests and multicolored mountains. Embark on the experience of a lifetime by trekking through these picture-perfect treks that guarantee a memorable adventure.
"Rajmachi trek was an amazing experience, of course given its beauty any nature lover would get mesmerised, BUT what matters more in such trekking experience is the trekking companions. Sagar Shinde is a great guy and true professional, he went beyond and make us have a great experience even though our trekking group reduced to just a couple of us. I am posting some pics that would be just glimpse of trek and the one with the trek guide Sagar who helped us trek such beautiful place."
"It is one of the most beautiful and easiest trek around Mumbai .It should be on the top of the bucket list for those who love rain and waterfalls.The best time to go for this trek is in monsoon. The only drawback is if you go late in morning then it gets crowded."
"No doubt one of the most amazing things I have done this year. The trek was brilliant, very thought out. The stay in the village, the homemade food, the really really long but amazing trek, the guides everything was really good. Thrillophilia has definitely become my go to app for any kinds of trek.\nSo this trek takes place in three parts, one to the base village in monsoon, the trek from base village to Rajmachi and back, and the trek from base village to Kondane Caves. The last one is one of the most amazing treks, really helpful guides all along the way and the trek has some amazing waterfalls, scenes and experience. I wish I had done the trek in June when the fireflies come, this time of the year in August fireflies aren't much seen. But apart from that I enjoyed most part of the trek."
"It was my first trek and had an amazing experience. Enjoyed a lot. Rajmachi trek,Shrivardhan fort visit, uday sagar lake side camping at night and music by our wonderful cordinator Hemant. Overall experience was awesome. ???? fully satisfied."
"Amazing Trek. A little too adventurous with the windy rain but so much fun."
27 February 2020
Gudakesa Prajapat Rajmachi Fort Trek & Camping, Lonavala | Book @ ₹1299 Only
This trek is worth trying. As an adventure lover, it offers the best scenic views of the area and the historic trade route was so beautiful and the village route was worth capturing and the waterfall looks incredible surrounded in lush greenery. The camp stay was in a peaceful location and till date, it was the best trek I had visited and will definitely visit again with all my group.
10 March 2020
Chaturaanan Jha Rajmachi Fort Trek & Camping, Lonavala | Book @ ₹1299 Only
I highly recommend this trek to everyone. This trek is filled with great adventure and the guides there are really amazing. The stay there was amazing as well. The food that we were given was amazing as it was homemade. The nights were amazing as well the bonfire at the campsite and everyone was enjoying the music along with food. It was great.
02 March 2020
It was a wonderful experience and everything provided there was nice. This trek provides a great and amazing view of the whole valley. I am thankful to the Thrillophilia team and the operator for providing us with a great adventure.
14 March 2020
Vasudev Trivedi Visapur Fort Trek, Book Now @ 36% off & Get 800 Cashback
What a wonderful trek, this trek is for all age group I think we all friends get the best trek, the food was good we all were very happy after this adventure, location and view from peak was superb, the guide was knowledgeable and helped us a lot during this entire trek. Highly recommended.
08 January 2020
Superb trekking with good guide companying you. The place is super fantastic and gave you lifetime experience. can go with friends without doubt and have a perfect weekend. The food was okok and we are satisfied with the service related to price. Recommended.
People Also Ask About Trekking in Lonavala
What are the best trekking places in and near Lonavala?1. Lonavala Bhimashankar Trek: This is the best backcountry trek located in the Sahyadri ranges that offer you a priceless trekking experience owing to its well-marked paths and fewer steep climbs. The route passes through a wild rainforest, lost-and-found trails, head-high bushes, small rivulets, eerie temples, remote tribal villages, green meadows, a plateau of flowers, and hidden waterfalls. The trek's distance is around sixty kilometers, and it takes three to four days to cover this trek. There are various dhabas and cafes en route where you can stop by and have a steaming cup of tea and other delicacies.
-Best Time: October-March
2. Lohagad Fort Trek: This is one of the best trekking spots in Lonavala, located at an elevation of 1,033 meters above sea level. It is a great one-day trek for beginners and can be easily covered in three to four hours. The trek mostly includes broad stairs, which even novices and kids can easily climb. Malavali is the starting point of the trek, and this five-kilometer-long trek will take you on an expedition that you'll never forget.
-Location: Lohagad Trek Rd, Khandala, Lonavala 410406 India
-Best Time: June-February
3. Trek To Duke's Nose: If you're looking to escape into the whitewashed mountains and less known terrains, you should definitely trek to Duke's Nose that offers picturesque views and attracts trekkers from all around the world. It takes around four hours to reach the cliff, and from the top of the cliff, you can have astounding views of the dense forests and splashing waterfalls. The trek begins from Khandala and heads upwards to hit the plateau. On the top of the Duke's Nose, you'll find a small temple that is considered a center of enlightenment for the visitors.
-Location: Kurawande, Lonavala, Khandala
-Best Time: July-September
4. Trek To Tamhini Ghats: If you're looking for the best spots for Lonavala trekking, Tamhini Ghats should be your ideal option. It sits on the beautiful crest of the Western Ghats and connects the coastal borders of Konkan to the hilly area of Pune. With gushing waterfalls, lush green misty valleys, and dense forests, Tamhini Ghats provides a picturesque natural beauty that the trekkers love to experience. This trek is around forty-four kilometers long, and it ends at Orchard Café Sanaswadi. Forty percent of this trek is a descent, and the remaining part is regular walking making it one of the best trekking spots in Lonavala.
-Location: Between Mulshi and Tamhini, Pune, Maharashtra
-Best Time: July to September
5. Trek To Tikona Fort: This is one of the most popular treks near Lonavala that pleases the adventurer that lurks within all of us with its steep climbs, unadulterated beauty, and breathtaking views. Visitors can have a glimpse of the Tung, Lohagad, Visapur Gad, and Pawna Dam from the top of the fort. You'll have to pass through water tanks, Satavahana Caves and Trimbakeshwar Mahadev temple to reach this fort. This is a medium difficulty level one-day trek that starts at Tikona Peth and goes through several unwinding trails and steep climbs.
-Location: Tikona peak Near Pavana River, Lonavala India
-Best Time: Winter season
6. Kalsubai Trek: This is one of the gorgeous trails that pass through lush green meadows and deep rain forests. It is located at the height of 5400 Feet and is considered to be one of the best one-day treks near Lonavala. It has a hard difficulty level, due to which it offers a sense of achievement to most of the trekking enthusiasts who are able to climb it successfully. This trek's main route begins from the beautiful village of Bari, which is six kilometers from Bhandardara.
-Best Time: End of October to February
7. Harishchandragad Trek: This is a challenging trek located in the Western Ghats of Maharashtra at an elevation of 4670 feet. The trek has multiple routes, and you can approach it from three different villages Khireshwar, Walhivale/Belpada village, and Pacha. If you are a beginner, you should take the trail from Pachnai as it is the easiest and quickest trail to reach Harishchandragad fort. You'll find many small shops and restaurants on the way to the fort where you can have full meals. The prime attraction at Harishchandragad trek is the Konkan Kada that gives a breathtaking view of Konkan.
-Best Time: August to February
8. Ratangad-Sonki Trek: This is a medium difficulty level trek with rock-cut steps, steel ladders, and steep climbs. The local villagers erect small shacks on weekends on the way to provide snacks and tea for the trekkers. This trek gives you a breathtaking view of the Bhandardara dam and surrounding peaks. The trekkers love to take a trekking expedition to this place in October to witness Sonki flowers, which are in full bloom during this month.
-Best Time: October
What are some of the famous fort treks near Lonavala?1. Korigad fort trek: Korigad Fort trek is an easy trek situated near the town of Lonavala at an elevation of 920 meters. There are two routes to reach the top of Korigad, one from Ambavane village and another one from village Peth Shahpur. From the top of the fort, you can enjoy stunning views of the Aamby Valley city and Tung and Tikona fort.
2. Tikona Fort Trek: This fort is located at an elevation of three thousand five hundred feet above sea level and is also known as Triangle Fort'; due to its triangular shape. Tikona Fort trek allows you to enjoy the eye-catching views of the forts at Visapur, Lohagad, and Tung, and Pawna Dam.
3. Lohagad fort trek: Located at an elevation of 1,033 meters above sea level, Lohagad fort trek is one of the most popular Lonavala trekking sites. This is a one day trek that can be covered in three to four hours. The main highlight of this trek is Vinchu Kada that is a scorpion's tail-like structure on the fort.
4. Rajmachi Trek: This is a medium difficulty level trek that begins from the base village of Udhewadi. You'll witness lush green mountains, deep valleys, numerous waterfalls, beautiful forts, and flowing rivers while trading through this trek.
What is the best time for trekking in Lonavala?Monsoon (June to September) is considered to be the best time to enjoy trekking in Lonavala as the rain transforms the entire region into a lush green paradise. The atmosphere remains cool, and you'll be treated to breathtaking views. The entire trekking routes get studded with flowing rivulets, streams, countless pools, and gushing waterfalls.
Which are the best one-day treks near Lonavala?1. Karnala Fort Trek: This is one of the best spots for trekking in Lonavala, with thick vegetation and well-marked paths. Once you reach the top of the summit, you'll be able to see a six hundred-year-old fort. The base camp for this trek is Karnala Bird Sanctuary.
2. Mahuli Trek: This is one of the most popular spots for Lonavala trekking, owing to its well-defined trails that pass through meadows and lush green forests. It is an easy to moderate trek, having many pinnacles and rockers, making it a bit challenging for beginners.
3. Lohagad Trek: It is one of the best spots for trekking in Lonavala as it has climbing stairs and very few hikes. While treading through this trek, you can also visit the Visapur Fort that is located on the eastern side of Lohagad Fort.
4. Matheran Trek: This is an eight-kilometer long trek that can be covered in three to four hours and gives you a chance to witness stunning waterfalls and diversified flora and fauna.
What is the difficulty level of trekking in Lonavala?The difficulty level of trekking in Lonavala is easy to moderate, owing to its well-marked paths and less challenging terrains. Both beginners, as well as experienced trekking enthusiasts, can undertake these treks in Lonavala, and you'll be guaranteed breathtaking views making your trekking expedition unforgettable.
Group Departure in Lonavala Camping in Lonavala Homestays in Lonavala Resorts in Lonavala Lake Side Camping in Lonavala Villas in Lonavala Budget Homestays in Lonavala Luxury Deals in Lonavala Fun and Family in Lonavala Nature Camping in Lonavala Luxury Resort Deals in Lonavala Hilltop Homestays in Lonavala In City in Lonavala Sightseeing in Lonavala JW Experiences in Lonavala JW Staycations in Lonavala Adventure in Lonavala Budget stays in Lonavala Resort in Lonavala Hilltop Camping in Lonavala Local Living in Lonavala Offbeat in Lonavala Luxury in Lonavala Glamorous Camping in Lonavala Budget Camping in Lonavala Boutique Stays in Lonavala Biking in Lonavala Corporate Team Outings in Lonavala Rentals in Lonavala Transfers in Lonavala Hilltop Stay in Lonavala lakeside Homestays in Lonavala Luxury Tours in Lonavala Lake Side Homestays in Lonavala Hilltop Homestay in Lonavala Theme Park in Lonavala Hot Air Ballooning in Lonavala Luxury Day Outs in Lonavala Overnight Programs in Lonavala Easy Treks in Lonavala Entire Units in Lonavala Boutique Homestays in Lonavala Paragliding in Lonavala Workation in Lonavala Off-beat Camping in Lonavala Heritage Homestays in Lonavala Luxury Experiences in Lonavala Romantic Experiences in Lonavala Riverside Camping in Lonavala Experiential Homestays in Lonavala Day Outbounds in Lonavala Weekend Tours in Lonavala Experiential Stays in Lonavala Day Outs in Lonavala