Best things to do in Kochi attracts the tourist to visit this place all year around. Known as the God’s own country, Kerala is highly renowned for its breathtaking and eye catchy beauty bringing the tourist to this place. Located on the South West Coast dominating the Arabian Sea, Kochi for centuries has been categorised as a region fostering to be a gathering location for the tourists and merchants coming from various countries or nations. The tourist who have been here ranging from Portuguese to Arabs and British, all have left behind considerable intensity of cultural legacy or imprint behind. Kochi emerges out to be one of the must visit destination places in Kerala striking greatly on the essence of history and culture that is largely offered by the place Kochi to their tourists.
Formerly known as Cochin, Kochi located at Kerala in India is a city famously called the Queen of Arabian Sea that flaunts and boasts the finest harbours of the globe. A major centre of spice trade for about centuries, Old Kochi comprises of an array of islands including Fort Kochi, Willingdon Island, Mattancherry et cetera. Kochi calls to be one of the principal tourist destination spots of the place Kerala that includes the old parts and areas of Kochi, Ernakulam City, outlying islands and Kumbalangi. The place Kochi derives the name majorly from the Malayalam word called Kochanzhi that means small lagoon. An irresistible tourist spot, Kochi calls to be one of the must visit places at least for once in a lifetime. A major port city of the country India, Kochi highly is a beautiful destination spots out casing splendid locations for the tourist to visit during their holidays. Kochi constituting a blend of the contemporary and retrospective era’s best suits the needs and requirements of distinct people residing here or coming here to visit the place in entirety. Kochi represents a wonderful mix of the western influence well-infused with the cultural touch of India endowing the place with a splendid and unique identity. Come and enjoy the best things to do in Kochi.
Places to Visit and Things to Do in Kochi
People Also Ask About Kochi Things To Do
What are the best things to do in Kochi?
The best things to do in Kochi are as follows:
- Pardesi Synagogue
You must visit Pardesi Synagogue which was built in the year 1568. Pardesi Synagogue is a partly ruined monument in the year 1662 by the Portuguese. The monument was rebuilt after a span of two years at the time when the Dutch took over Kochi. Pardesi Synagogue features a gold structured pulpit that elaborates into a hand painted willow.
- Malabar Junction
Malabar Junction is also a worth visiting place in Kochi attracting the tourist from afar to visit this place. Situated in a completely open pavilion, this is a restaurant near the Malabar House that serves variety of European style cuisines.
- Mattancherry Palace
This is also a worth visiting that was ideally a gift given to the Maharaja of Kochi named Veera Kerala Varma as a gentle gesture of generous goodwill by the Portuguese in the year 1555. The place was renovated in the year 1663. Therefore, visiting this place can be one of the best things which you can do.
- Ginger House
When in Kochi, remember to visit Ginger House that delineates an entry that is hidden in the midst of humongous and retrospective go down. This is a captivating waterfront restaurant, where you can delectably feast on any Indian dish and snacks like the ginger ice cream, ginger prawns and ginger lassi.
- Kashi Art Café
Kashi Art Café is an institution located in the Fort Cochin which is a light hearted natural place serving splendidly wonder and strong coffee daily along with properly prepared lunch and breakfast. Therefore, when in Kochi, you do have an idea about which wonderful place you must visit for a proper meal and strong coffee.
- Cochin Carnival
One of the biggest bash of Kochi is the Cochin Carnival. It is a ten days long festival that begins during the New Year’s Eve. Relishing food and wonderful performance highly grips the travellers to visit to the Cochin Carnival. Therefore, if you visit Kochi during the New Year time, now you know where to go.
Which are the best places to do water sports in Kochi?
The best places to perform water sports in Kochi are as follows:
- Les 3 Elephants Cherai Beach.
- Holiday Hotel
- Esha Heritage Inn
- Cherai Beach Resorts
- Sea Star Beach Homes
- Old Lighthouse Bristow Hotel
- Mare Blu Resort ,Cherai Beach
- Le Meridien Kochi.
Which are the best destinations for wildlife safari in Kochi?
The best destination for wildlife safari in Kochi are as follows:
- Periyar National Park
- Silent Valley National Park
- Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary
- Chimmini Wildlife Sanctuary
- Than Neerchal Park
- Changampuzha Park
- Subhash Bose Park
- Mangalavanam Bird Sanctuary
Which are the best locations to experience houseboat stays in Kochi?
The best locations to experience houseboat stays in Kerala are as follows:
- Vivanta By Taj - Malabar
- Paradise Holidays
- Village tour with Canoeing
- Antony's Eco Houseboat
- Canoe Ville
- Alappuzha Houseboat
- Angel Sail Over Backwaters
- Canoe Ville Alleppey
Which are the best places to go on a honeymoon in Kochi?
The best places to go on a honeymoon in Kochi are as follows:
- Mangalavanam Bird Sanctuary – Enjoy and treasure the nature and the birds swaying around while you ease out and relax with your loved one.
- The Rice Boat Restaurant – Reminiscent of Kerala’s enthralling and traditional houseboats.
- Fort House Hotel – A short staycation embellished with lovely and eye catchy settings of the surrounding.
- Bolgatty Palace & Island Resort – The beautiful Heritage property looking over the enthralling and splendid backwaters making your holiday enjoyable
- Fort Kochi Beach – For Finding a peaceful nook in the midst of the chaotic environment
- Marine Drive – It is basically destined to create peace in the minds where you can witness a beautiful beach sunset
- Cherai Beach – One of Kerala’s beloved and relishing beaches
- Munambam Beach – Unwind and unveil by the beautiful and energetic shore
Which are the best places for an art and culture experience in Kochi?
The best places for an art and culture experience in Kochi are as follows:
- URU Art Harbour
- Classic Art Gallery
- Museum of Kerala History
- Cochin Cultural Centre
- Sofi Arts And Crafts
- Muses Art Gallery
- Indo-Portuguese Museum
- Heritage Arts Antique Shop Cochin
- David Hall Art Café - CGH Earth, Fort Kochi
- Gallery OED
- Greenix Village
- CSI Church Bungalow
- Kashi Art Café
- Aspinwall House
- Cochin Cultural Centre
- Kerala Folklore Museum
Which places are good for kayaking in Kochi?
The places which are good for Kayaking in Kochi are as follows:
- Kothad Island
- Pearls Island
Which are the best locations for zip lining in Kochi? How much does it cost?
The best locations for zip lining in Kochi along with their cost are as follows:
- Vivanta by Taj – Malabar
- Zip lining can be enjoyed in Munnar as well
Which are the best places to do rock climbing in Kochi?
The best place to do rock climbing in Kochi is as follows:
The Rock is a one of the best places where you can relish rock climbing in Kochi which is located in the Regional sports centre of the Rajiv Indoor Stadium at Kochi in Kerala. This place is a must visit place.
Which things are must to do in Kochi during honeymoon?
The things which are must to do in Kochi on a honeymoon tour are as follows:
- You must try the elephant bathing in the place Kodanad
- Go on Houseboat in the Alleppey along with your better half
- Witness the beautiful Neelakurinji Bloom in Munnar along with your beloved
- Relish the Village life for a day and view the beautiful sceneries around
- Enjoy the Meal at the Veli Tourist Village and blend well with the neighbourhood.
- Go on long and happy Shikara ride in Alappuzha
- Watch the captivating and exciting Snake Boat Races
- Relish the Bike ride in Idukki
- Watch the sunset at the Beach of Kovalam
- Get drenched under a waterfall in Kochi and relish the surrounding to the extremes
- Go through the Periyar Jungle for a long and relishing Jeep Ride
- Swim in the Arabian Sea along with your loved one
- Relish the picturesque Bird watching in Kumarakom
- Watch Theyyam and relish it to the fullest
- Enjoy the Architecture tour in Fort Kochi
- View the beautiful and splendidly alluring coffee plantation in the Wayanad
- Take an interesting spice tour through the beauty
- Stay in a Tree house for a day or two.
- Watch the Snake Boat Races along with your loved one
- Go on Shikara rides in Alappuzha and relish it to the fullest
- Enjoy the meal at the Veli Tourist Village
- Enjoy the hamlet life for a day or two
Which is the best location for snorkeling around Kochi?
The best location for snorkelling around Kochi is as follows:
- Scuba Cochin