Kathgodam Tour Packages are available around the year at justifiable cost bringing tourist to this place. Located near the splendid hills of Nainital, the place Kathgodam is a real immaculate gem of Uttarakhand that caters as a gateway router for the visitors of Nainital. Though here, there are few tourist sites to explore around but still the pristine glamour, beauty and rustic appeal of this tiny town convinces the tourist to spend few days in this beautiful place. Most of the captivating attractions in Kathgodam are the religious pilgrim temples which the tourist can visit during the festive time as there are various celebrations organized in these pilgrim places for the tourist.
The ultimate gateway to the heavenly abode delineating the Kumaon Hills, Kathgodam is situated on the embankment of the Gaula River in the district of Nainital, Uttarakhand. The area is roosted at a height of five hundred and fifty-four meters above the sea level which rallies on the foothills of the Kumaon Hills. Haldwani – Kathgodam Council, is the 2nd largest Municipal Council located in Uttarakhand which was originally established in the year 1942. Kathgodam is the name which is derived from the term “timber depot” which is felicitous for the town. Considering the major fact that it is the main center where all the trade and commerce activities take place, Kathgodam is also a highly attractive hamlet. Kumaoni is the local language which is spoken in this region besides Garhwali and Hindi. Previously, Kathgodam was an unnoticed village, with less populous.
However, Kathgodam came to notice when it was brought into the Indian railway map by the Britishers in the year 1909. The railway track of Haldwani was extended till Kathgodam in the year 1884 and now it is the last station of NE Railways (North East Railways). Two of the major distinguished attractions of Kathgodam are the temples that are highly dedicated to the Hindu divinities Kalichaud and Sheetla Devi. A number of religious devotees visit Kathgodam to pay respect to these temples at the festive time. So, avail Kathgodam tour packages to witness the beauty of the place.
Popular Kathgodam Tour Packages
|Brahmatal Trek 2020, Uttarakhand | Flat 24% off||6D/5N||₹ 7550||5.0 star|
|Trek to Roopkund and Ronti Saddle, Uttarakhand||10D/9N||₹ 15000||3.0 star|
|Nanda Devi East Base Camp Trek, Uttarakhand | Get 20% off||11D/10N||₹ 34500||5.0 star|
|Pindari Glacier Trek 2020, Uttarakhand | Book Now @ 13% off||9D/8N||₹ 12500||5.0 star|
|Panchachuli Base Camp Trek 2020, Uttarakhand | Get 20% off||9D/8N||₹ 30000||5.0 star|
People Also Ask About Kathgodam Tours
What are the famous places to visit on a sightseeing tour in Kathgodam?
Sightseeing in Kathgodam is one activity that you can opt for to thoroughly explore the place. The famous places to visit on a sightseeing tour in Kathgodam are as follows:
- Sheetla Devi Temple and Kalichaud Temple – Kalichaud Temple and Sheetla Devi Temple are the two most prominent and renowned sites of Kathgodam. These are the much famed and visited destination spots in Kathgodam. These spots are most visited during the festive season by the devotees of these divinities.
- Sat Tal – Sat Tal represents to be a basic assortment of 7 interconnected lakes and is around twenty-three kilometers from the place Kathgodam. It is articulately covered by the pines and oaks and is considered to be a heavenly abode that invites copious migratory birds. This place is an ideal escape exhibiting various species of birds, freshwater lakes, chirping migratory birds and well-clustered lake representing the beauty of nature. Sat Tal as the name suggests exhibits seven assorted lakes namely Nal Damyanti Tal, Sukh Tal, Garud Tal, Sita Tal, Purna Tal, Lakshman Tal and Ram Tal. Moreover, Sat Tal is considered to be one of the pristine and unpolluted lakes of the place.
- Hanuman Garhi – Located at a distance of about twenty-one kilometers from the Kathgodam, Hanuman Garhi is a famous destination spot for those who come to explore Nainital. Originally constructed by Baba Neem Kiroli, Hanuman Garhi is a picturesque temple which is highly devoted to Hanuman. Considered to be one of the most famous and popular places for its alluring sunset points, this place is a worth visit by the tourist.
- Naukachia Tal – Naukachia Tal in actuality stands for the nine-sided lakes exhibiting to be a quaint attraction for the travelers located at a distance of just twenty-six kilometers. An amazing place, Naukachia is a profound beauty delineated by the Himalayas and swindles into real senses with the sweet little tweeting of the little birds. The tourist can happily explore and wander around the pretty little lake of Naukachia Tal. Naukachia Tak is an ideal destination for the tourist who blindly loves and relishes the lakes, the snow covered peaks, fauna and flora, and beauty in totality.
- Ranikhet – Ranikhet is a heavenly abode of the Kumaon and Naga Regiment of the Indian National Army. Originally clambered from the phrase “the meadow of queen”, Ranikhet as stated by the locals in the place, was previously a dwelling town for Padmini, the Queen. A spellbinding place with stunning and alluring valleys and mountains located amidst the wonderful escapes of nature, Ranikhet is truly a worth visiting place for the travelers if they visit Kathgodam by any chance.
Which are the most adventurous trekking tours in Kathgodam?
Trekking is one of the most common adventure activities that you can involve ib while touring Kathgodam. The most adventurous trekking tours in Kathgodam are as follows:
- Roopkund Trek
- Brahmatal Trek
- Rupin Pass Trek
- Nanda Devi Trek with Panchu Glacier
- Trek to Ronti Saddle
- Dodital Darwa Pass Trek
Which are the best camping sites in Kathgodam?
The best camping sites in Kathgodam are as follows:
- Weekend Camping in Pangot near Nainital
- Camp Pine Riviera Bhimtal
- The Fair Light Trails Nainital
- Jungle camping adventure
- Ayar Jungle Camp
- High Mountain Trekking Camp
- Nature Drops
Which are the best cycling tour routes in Kathgodam?
The best cycling tour routes in Kathgodam are as follows:
Cycling and Hiking in Kumaon Himalayas
Cycling at the mountain range in Chopta
Mountain cycling in the Himalayas
Mountain Trekking and cycling in IRIS Resort, Corbett
Haldwani Cycling Tour
Can I do the Roopkund Trek in Kathgodam? Is it a difficult trek?
Yes, you can do Roopkund Trekking in Kathgodam. It is not a difficult trek as it is guided by the professional trekking team in Kathgodam. There is no risk involved in Roopkund Trek. Moreover, it is an eight-day long trek. Roopkund Trek enrolls on several mysteries and charms. Also known as the Skeleton Lake, Roopkund is surrounded by skeletons of the human for some unknown reason. This is a must experience trek for all the travelers visiting Kathgodam.
Which are the best places for a biking tour in Kathgodam?
The best places for biking tour in Kathgodam are as follows:
- Mountain Biking in Kumaon
- Solo Biking Excursion to Ranikhet and Nainital
- Kathgodam to Maheshkhan Biking tour
- Haldwani Biking Tour
- Mountain Biking in the Himalayas
- Biking in the IRIS Resort, Corbett
Which are the places for a wildlife experience in Kathgodam?
The places for a wildlife experience in Kathgodam are as follows:
- Jim Corbett National Park
- Chobe National Park
- Ranomafana National Park
- L Isalo National Park
- Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary