Activities to do in Kamshet
Tucked amidst the scenic Western Ghats in the state of Maharashtra, there are many things to do in Kamshet, a small hill station surrounded by alluring valleys, verdant meadows and the majestic Sahyadri Mountains. Also known as a “Paraglider’s Paradise,” Kamshet is the best place in this region to enjoy a thrilling and adrenaline-filled paragliding experience. Adventure seekers from all over the country come to this hill station to chase the skies by paragliding across the mountains and plateaus.
Blessed with a varied terrain, there are many kamshet activities that you can try when visiting this land. From enjoying adventure activities like camping near Karla Caves, Bedse Caves or Bhaja Caves, trekking and hiking near the Tower Hill, Shelar or Kondeshwar Cliff, to exploring the numerous Buddhist caves and other sightseeing attractions, there is a lot that you can do while in Kamshet.
Additionally, you can also try new adventure activities here, such as soaring over the Pawna Lake, or climbing down a waterfall. You can also simply avail various nature walks and soak in stunning vistas of the verdant mountains, placid lakes and dense forests. For lovers of food, you can visit restaurants and cafes here to gorge on some of the most delicious Konkani and Maharashtrian delicacies and other dishes.
Places to Visit and Things to Do in Kamshet
Newly Added Kamshet Experience
14 August 2015
Ranjeet Bharadwaj Kamshet Paragliding | Book Online @ Flat 14% off
We had an amazing time here with all our friends and this was an exciting experience for all of us.
"that was really a thrilling experience.. we, a group of 6 members experienced this activity for the first time to the fullest. "
15 November 2015
Lavanya Trivedi Acrobatics Paragliding In Kamshet
It was my life long desire to experience this crazy paragliding and finally i had the fortune do this in kamshet, one of the most popular Paragliding destinations in India. This short Ariel adventure will definitely stole your hearts.
10 May 2015
Durgeshwari Ganaka 3 Day Paragliding Introductory Course In Kamshet, Pune
I was very scared to take this initially, but at first, we started training on flat ground. After this we met our course mates, instructors. The instructors taught us about equipments and we got familiar with the equipment, glider controls under their supervision. I was happy that I got personal attention to help. The training was complimented with Ground School classes to understand relevant concepts. This was boring but useful. Also participating in a Training Simulator session was done to ease oneself to acquire flying skills. In short, it was an amazing experience that I recommend all to take. I graduated level 1 and I will join level 2 next week.
12 October 2015
Vishnu Dutta Acrobatics Paragliding In Kamshet
Must to do activity!!! I recommend paragliding to every adventure lover. It gives you a thrilling experience. The views from top is amazing, moreover it feels awesome when you start coming down on the grounds.
13 March 2020
Divjot Sinha Kamshet Paragliding | Book Online @ Flat 14% off
Paragliding was on my list from a long time and finally, Thrillophilia gave me the opportunity to do in my budget. The guide was a very knowledgeable person and gave us proper information about it. The experience was craziest and I yelled very much. true experience and you can't afford to miss this, must try.
07 March 2019
Sanya Nehru Kamshet Paragliding | Book Online @ Flat 14% off
This was my first time paragliding with my friends and it was a great experience the view was very beautiful. We take many pictures from the top. The guide was good I never forgot this experience.
02 March 2019
Nanda Gowda Kamshet Paragliding | Book Online @ Flat 14% off
It was an amazing experience. The view from starting was superb, the guide was very helpful and professional he managed everything properly I enjoy this adventure a lot. Recommended for you.
06 March 2020
Chidambar Chaturvedi Kamshet Paragliding | Book Online @ Flat 14% off
It was a unique experience, I glide for the first time but worth doing it. The instructor was good and guided us well regarding the whole activity. You must listen to that so that it will be safe as well as you can enjoy it. This place is very beautiful and you can feel the calmness right from the starting of paragliding, overall it was an awesome
14 March 2020
Bilva Talwar Kamshet Paragliding | Book Online @ Flat 14% off
Very beautiful place and must be doing paragliding to view the best scenery. I get the experienced guide who will help me completely to have the best moments in the air. I will definitely try this once again.
People Also Ask About Kamshet Things To Do
What are the best things to do in Kamshet?1. Paragliding: Undoubtedly one of the best things to do in Kamshet, paragliding is that adventure activity which every single person visiting Kamshet must try at least once. There are usually three kinds of paragliding experiences that you can go for, depending upon your age, fitness and experience of the sport. This includes classic tandem paragliding, instructional tandem paragliding and Acro tandem paragliding. Soar above the mountains and valleys and soak in the mesmerising sights of the ever changing skies and hamlets down below while you fly high up in the air in Kamshet.
- Location: Tower Hill, Kamshet
- Timing: 08:00 a.m. to 02:00 p.m.
- Price: INR 3,000 onwards (per person)
2. Trekking: Another great thing to do in Kamshet is make use of its mountainous terrain to go trekking to the different fort ruins in the area. From steep ascents to gradual descents across small hillocks, a trekking experience in Kamshet is one that you must absolutely have upon your trip here. You can trek at the ancient Tikona Fort or Lohagad Fort, and enjoy serene vistas of crystal clear streams and verdant forests. You can also enjoy beautiful views of the lush green valleys, mist-laden hills and winding roads during your trek in this serene hill station.
- Price: INR 1,200 onwards (per person)
3. Lakeside Camping: For one of the more unique experiences and things to do in Kamshet, your best bet is a lakeside camping. Situated along the banks of the serene Pawna Lake in Kamshet, there are numerous campsites where you can set up your tent and enjoy a tranquil stay in the lap of nature. Wake up to the sounds of the birds chirping, or enjoy a bonfire under the starry night sky, as this experience of camping beside a lake will be like nothing you have ever experienced. You can also enjoy a delicious barbeque by the lake.
- Location: Pawna Lake, Kamshet
- Timing: 04:00 p.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Price: INR 1,100 onwards (per person)
4. Cave Exploration: For history and archaeology buffs, a visit and exploration of the ancient Karla and Bhaja Caves in Kamshet is a must. These ancient cave architectures are home to natural rock carvings, statues, idols and intricate details related to the Buddhist cultures. In addition to meditating in the huge prayer hall, you can also learn about Buddhist teachings, and more here. There is also a beautiful waterfall here, which comes to life during the rainy season, and offers respite from the sultry heat in the region.
- Location: Karla, Lonavala, Maharashtra 410405
- Timing: 09:00 a.m. to 07:00 p.m.
5. Shopping: You can also enjoy a relaxing shopping experience here, which is one of the more offbeat things to do in Kamshet. Since it is a small city, Kamshet has numerous local shops scattered around the sightseeing attractions, which sell local handicrafts, snacks and other souvenirs that you can take back home.From locally made chikki and trinkets, to traditional sarees, a wide variety of kurtis and indian wear, as well as organically grown fruits and vegetables are some of the best things you can shop for in Kamshet.
6. Sightseeing: Sightseeing is one of the best Kamshet activities, where you can visit the numerous famous as well as offbeat attractions of the region. Kamshet is a treasure trove of scenic places to visit and beautiful structures to explore. From the pristine Bhaje Waterfalls to the Pawna and Uksan Lake, or the Bhairi, Bedse and Bhaja Caves, there is no dearth of places to visit in Kamshet. For lovers of history, you can visit the ancient Kondeshwar Temple and the Visapur Fort, or the Panshet Water Park if you wish to enjoy some water games and activities. You can also enjoy a picnic near the Pawna Dam for a more fun-filled day.
What are the adventurous things to do in Kamshet?1. Paragliding: If you wish to fly high up in the air and look down below at the stunning vistas while enjoying the cold breeze and adrenaline, then a paragliding experience in Kamshet is a must for you.
2. Trekking and Hiking: For an adventure junkie, trekking and hiking are some of the best adventurous kamshet activities. From the Sinhagad Fort and Lohagad Fort, to the Tikona Fort, there are numerous hidden gems in Kamshet where you can indulge in a memorable trekking and hiking experience.
3. Camping: One of the best Things to Do in Kamshet is camping. Be it near one of the many lakes, or in a forest clearing or simply in the garden of the resort you are staying, you must enjoy camping under the clear sky amidst the verdant nature in Kamshet at least once.
4. Kayaking: Amongst the most adventurous Things to Do in Kamshet is kayaking in the pristine Pawna Lake. You can enjoy a scenic boating and kayaking experience in this lake, while enjoying scintillating views of the surrounding valleys and mountains.
What is the best time to visit Kamshet?The best time to visit the hill station of Kamshet is during the winter and summer seasons, between the months of December to April. Owing to its tropical climate, Kamshet experiences pleasant and cool weather with little to no rainfall during these months, making it perfect for sightseeing. You can also enjoy adventure activities like paragliding, camping and hiking during this time, along with other fun-filled activities like picnics and trekking.
How to reach Kamshet?- To reach Kamshet via trains, you can reach the Kamshet Railway Station, which lies on the Mumbai-Pune Railway route.
- To reach Kamshet by air, you need to take a flight to the Pune International Airport, which is the nearest airport to this hill station, located around 55 kilometres away.- Regular private and state-run buses and taxis operate to and from the hill station connecting Kamshet to other cities in the country.
What are the best trekking places near Kamshet?1. Tikona Fort Trek: This trek will take you to one of the most picturesque forts in the state. The trek goes through varied terrains, across dense forests and hills, and offers views of the Pawna Lake, the Satvahan Caves as well as the Trimbakeshwar Mahadev Temple. Upon reaching the fort, you can soak in mesmerising sights of Kothligadh, Pawna Dam and the Kamshet Valley.
2. Lohagad Fort Trek: This is an easy one-day trek to the Lohagad Fort, which dates back to the reign of Chhatrapati Shivaji. During the trek, you can enjoy views of the surrounding lush greenery and majestic mountains.
3. Purandar Fort Trek: Another great trek located a few kilometres from Kamshet, you can visit the ruins of the fort where Shivaji’s son, Sambhaji, was born. Upon reaching the top, you can not only experience a sense of tranquillity, but also enjoy vistas of the valley down below.
4. Torna Trek: Known as one of the most stunning treks in the region, the way to Torna is covered with different terrains, ascents and descents. While the route is simple, the climb can be quite steep in certain areas, and upon reaching the final part of the trek, you get to enter the Torna Fort, which is a sight in itself.
5. Sinhagad Fort Trek: For history and adventure lovers, this trek is one you must absolutely do. Trek to the 2,000-year-old fort and enjoy a serene picnic with your loved ones at the top.
What are different kinds of Paragliding options available in Kamshet?1. Classic Tandem Paragliding: The easiest method to paraglide, which can be done by anyone. This is a two-seater paragliding technique done with an experienced pilot.
2. Instructional Tandem Paragliding: This method is where you fly by yourself, while the pilot instructs you on how to handle the controls.
3. Acro Tandem Paragliding: This is a high-speed paragliding technique, done only by experts, using aerobatic manoeuvres and skills.
Paragliding in Kamshet Trekking in Kamshet Group Departure in Kamshet Adventure in Kamshet Corporate Team Outings in Kamshet Snorkeling in Kamshet Adventure Tours in Kamshet Day Outbounds in Kamshet Adventures in Kamshet Overnight Programs in Kamshet Activity in Kamshet Active Adventure in Kamshet Aerial Activities in Kamshet