For a traveller short on budget or for someone who wishes to experience the local culture in a raw, unadulterated manner, homestays in Jodhpur are the best accommodation options available. These homestays stand as a testament to the culture, architecture, and hospitality of the Rajasthani people. The Havelis in Jodhpur are architectural marvels and offer an optimum level of comfort in a rustic setting. Moreover, at these homestays, you will find some rare local dishes that you won't get to taste anywhere else.
Jodhpur Homestays provide you with personalized services and the staff takes care of everything you need. At these homestays, you can even enjoy activities like camel safari, jeep safari, and village walk. Newton’s Manor is one such homestay that is built in British colonial style and offers stunning amenities. Then there are a few luxury homestays like Juna Mahal Boutique Homestay and Jagat Vilas where you can live in an opulent room fit for a Maharaja. The best part of these homestays is that they don't make you feel like a guest and instead treat you as part of the family.
People Also Ask About Homestays in Jodhpur
Which are the best homestays in Jodhpur?
1. Juna Mahal Boutique Homestay: The Juna Mahal Boutique Homestay is 472 years old. The Brahmin family owning this place offers a sumptuous menu full of local delicacies. Its rooms feature intricate and modern Indian decorations as well as air-conditioning.
This is a 5-star homestay that is quite popular among foreign tourists who consider this one of the best homestays in Jodhpur. Here, guests can try Henna painting, body massages, and also arrange for camel safari.
Location: Ada Bazaar, Dr Madan Daga Marg, Jodhpur.
Price: Rs 1674.
Amenities: WiFi, laundry, body massage, money exchange, doctor on call.
2. Newton’s Manor: This is an old school homestay with a British touch to it, colonial architecture and European style furnishings. The menu, however, is traditional Rajasthani, and full of exciting flavours and spices.
The homestay is managed by a family who treats the guests as one of their own. There is a swimming pool adjacent to this homestay and a few indoor games you can try out with your friends.
Location: Jawahar Colony, Central School Road, Air Force Area, Jodhpur.
Price: Rs 1371.
Amenities: FreeWiFi, laundry, fax/photocopying, dry cleaning, indoor play area.
3. The Almond Tree: Located close to the majestic Umaid Bhawan Palace, this is one of the luxury Jodhpur Homestays that offer you with optimum comfort and privacy. It is set in a green and tranquil environment and offers the discerning traveller privacy, comfort, and style.
The terrace garden is breathtakingly beautiful and a great place to unwind. From here, you can see the palace walls bathed in a golden hue during sunset. The guest rooms have ample space and weave together Jodhpur's culture and modern luxury seamlessly.
Location: Umaid Heritage Near Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur.
Price: Rs 3446.
Amenities: Freeparking, wheelchair access, tea and coffee makers, airport transfers, complimentary bicycle.
4. Jagat Vilas: Jaga Vilas is a heritage homestay managed by a local family. The guest rooms feature elegant and colourful interiors with modern amenities included.
Delicious home-cooked meals are served at the family dining room, while the drawing room serves as a great place to talk over a drink. In the courtyard, there are fascinating bougainvillaea trees and free Wi-Fi is also available in the public areas. The homestay also has a tour desk where you can make arrangements for sightseeing.
Location: Rai Ka Bagh, Near Lalji Handicraft, Umaid Bhawan Palace Road, Jodhpur.
Price: Rs 1444.
Amenities: Ayurvedic massages, free WiFi, foreign exchange, express laundry, cooking classes, yoga classes.
5. Chhotaram Prajapat’s Homestay: This homestay remains close to its true Rajasthani roots lets you experience the archaic village lifestyle while you are there. The rooms are quite simple and housed in huts with water cooler and attached bathrooms.
The rustic environment surrounding this property fills you with wonder and admiration and the folk dance performance in the evening entertains to no end. You can also rent a bicycle from this homestay in order to explore the nearby villages.
Location: Salawas village, Kumharon ki Dhani, Gosala Road, Jodhpur.
Price: Rs 1761.
Amenities: Folk music and dance, safety deposits, money exchange, secure parking, village trekking.
6. Bishnoi Village Homestay: This is one of the few homestays in Jodhpur that lets you experience the authentic desert village culture. The rooms offer stunning views of the lake while the shared lounge and the garden offer you a place to relax.
The homestay provides a complementary and sumptuous vegetarian breakfast to its guests. The staff at the homestay can also arrange for pickup from the bus stand, railway station, or airport. Each unit has a sofa, a kitchen with a dishwasher, and a fireplace.
Location: Village Kakani, Tehsil Luni, Jodhpur.
Price: Rs 3520.
Amenities: Free Wi-Fi, bar, activity centre, indoor games, newspaper.
7. Blue Stay Jodhpur: This is a 2-star guest house offering quality accommodation at a reasonable price. It has spacious rooms and a restaurant serving local delicacies. You have the option of choosing between twin/double, family, or double rooms.
All of them feature basic amenities while some of the better rooms have great views as well. The terrace lets you catch some lovely views of the surroundings. Close to this homestay lie popular tourist destinations like Balsamand Lake and Umaid Bhawan Palace Museum.
Location: Fort Road, Near clock tower, Makrana Mohalla, Jodhpur.
Price: Rs 999.
Amenities: Free WiFi, non-smoking rooms, ensuite bathroom, air conditioning, flat-screen TV.
8. The Arch Boutique Homestay: This is one of the most highly rated homestays in Jodhpur that offers vegetarian dining options on-site. The rooms have fully-equipped attached bathrooms with all the necessary toiletries and gadgets.
There are 6 types of rooms at this homestay and if you wish you can book a deluxe double room with a balcony that will offer you a great view of the surroundings. The location of the property is quite stunning, with the Toorji Ka Jhalra right next door.
Location: Toowar Ji Ka Jhalra, Near makrana mohalla, Jodhpur.
Price: Rs 3400.
Amenities: Free WiFi, tumble dryer, electric kettle, balcony, free toiletries.
9. Casa De Jodhpur: The Casa De Jodhpur is more than 300 years old and has a royal charm and ambience about it. The serene and peaceful location of this place makes it one of the Jodhpur homestays preferred by tourists.
There are family rooms at this homestay that are intricately decorated in the traditional Rajput style. Some of the rooms even have balconies offering stunning views. The delicious vegetarian breakfast at this homestay will surely tingle your taste buds.
Location: Sarafa ki pole, Sarafa Bazaar, Jodhpur.
Price: Rs 999.
Amenities: Air conditioning, free WiFi, courtyard view, non-smoking rooms.
10. Raj Mandir Boutique Homestay: Raj Mandir Boutique Homestay is a 250-year old haveli in the old Jodhpur town. It consists of 8 rooms along with luggage storage and business centre facilities.
All the rooms have minibars and some of them even have private balconies and sunny patios. They exude an atmosphere of harmony and peace that is a welcome change from the hustle and bustle of the city. The property also offers several recreational activities that enhance the quality of your stay.
Location: Blue Street, Old fort road, Navchokiya road, Gulab Sagar, Jodhpur.
Price: Rs 2428.
Amenities: Free breakfast, air conditioning, daily housekeeping, massage, bar, cash withdrawal.
11. Bloominghouse Homestay: Bloominghouse Homestay offers great accommodation options both for leisure and business travellers. It has 4 beautifully decorated guest rooms fitted with all modern amenities. They also provide 24-hour room service and arrange for airport transfers.
The garden and the massage centre at this homestay are great places to relax after a tiring day. Unlike some of the other homestays, this one has a professional team of staff attending to your needs. Nearby tourist spots include Mehrangarh Fort, Sardar Government Museum, and Umaid Palace Museum.
Location: Surya Colony, Residency Road, Shastri Nagar, Jodhpur.
Price: Rs 750.
Amenities: Laundry, massage, satellite/cable TV, air conditioning, desk.
Which are the best Jodhpur homestays for families?
1. Apple Homestay: The Apple Homestay is only 7 Km away from Jodhpur airport, and offers tastefully furnished rooms fitted with internet access, air conditioning, and LCD/plasma TV. It also has a massage where you can experience rejuvenating treatments.
2. Geeta Mahal Heritage: Geeta Mahal Heritage homestay offers comfortable accommodation with Full English and Irish breakfasts every morning. From here you can rent a car or a bicycle to explore the surrounding areas.
3. Suraj Haveli: This comfortable homestay offers you Heritage, Heritage Super Deluxe, and Heritage Deluxe rooms as well as dormitories that you can share with other people. It has a shared lounge and a sun terrace from where you can see the mountain ranges in the distance.
4. Castle View: This 500-year old Haveli is ideal for some relaxation and fun and is located in the Gulab Sagar area. The homestay offers barbecue facilities and a terrace offering great views. There are luggage storage and tour desk facilities available as well.
Which are the best homestays in Jodhpur for couples?
1. Swiss House: Swiss House offers the perfect mix of seclusion and warmth for the couples. You can enjoy a drink at the bar with your partner, or you can taste the sumptuous Irish/full English breakfast.
2. MH Guest House: With a prime location and modern facilities available, this homestay in Jodhpur offers couples the privacy they desire. You can easily have a romantic walk on the terrace or enjoy local sightseeing.
3. Chanod Haveli: Picturesque view, availability of modern amenities, and friendly staff make this homestay even more popular among the couples. You can cozy up with your partner on the terrace and enjoy the delicious continental breakfast.
4. Dev Kothi - Boutique Heritage stay: The homestay offers both a la carte and continental breakfast along with free Wi-Fi, a shared lounge, terrace, air conditioning, and a private bathroom. With both car and bicycle rental available, you can explore Jodhpur with your partner and make unforgettable memories.
Which are the best homestays in Jodhpur near the airport?
1. Lakeside Inn Ratanada: Close proximity to the airport and options of an à la carte breakfast have enhanced the popularity of this homestay. The property also boasts of room service, private bathrooms, a terrace, and free Wi-Fi.
2. Abhay Villas Guest House: With each room having seating areas, desk, and TV, the stay welcomes guests with warmth. It is just 1.7 miles from Jodhpur airport and offers magnificent garden views.
3. Suryauday The Boutique Homestay: Located at a distance of about 3.1 miles from the airport, the Jodhpur homestays offer numerous amenities. Apart from the panoramic garden views, you can also enjoy local sightseeing, the restaurant, bar, free Wi-Fi, garden and sun terrace.
4. Nain’s Kunj A Traveller’s Home: With either city or garden views, the rooms are equipped with a private bathroom. It is situated at a distance of about 2.2 miles from the Jodhpur airport and provides free Wi-Fi, a sun terrace, and a shared lounge.
Which are the famous heritage homestays in Jodhpur?
1. A Heritage Homestay: Boasting with excellent services, this homestay is one of the most sought-after in Jodhpur. It is near several tourist sites and offers modern amenities like a garden, terrace, free private parking, and free Wi-Fi.
2. Devi Bhawan – A Heritage Hotel: Remodeling of the 80-year old house of Thakur Ratan Singh with the modern facilities have enhanced the appeal of this homestay. It is now retrofitted with antique furnishings, en suite bathrooms, a swimming pool, free parking, and an in-house restaurant.
3. Sathin Garh Heritage Homestay: Excellent services and the convenient location has contributed to the growing popularity of this homestay. The stay aims to offer the perfect mix of luxury and comfort to the guests.
4. Karan Heritage: Impressive architecture and stunning interior decors will greet you at this homestay. You can also enjoy the garden, shared kitchen, terrace along with the Asian breakfast and make use of the car and bicycle rental available.
Are homestays in Jodhpur pet-friendly?
Yes, some homestays are pet friendly. Whether homestays in Jodhpur are pet-friendly or not depends entirely on the particular homestay. It is vital that you check this detail before booking if you are traveling with a pet.
Can we drink & smoke in Jodhpur homestays?
Yes, you can generally drink/smoke in Jodhpur homestays. But, you must check the policy of the homestay before finalizing it. There are some homestays where you can drink but not smoke. While some offer certain areas designated for smoking as well as drinking.
What kind of amenities do Jodhpur homestays provide?
The amenities that Jodhpur homestays provide are:
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free private parking
- Room service
- Laundry service
- Daily housekeeping
- Storage area for luggage
- Money exchange facility
- Doctor on call
- Dry cleaning service
- In-house restaurant
- Shared lounge
- Air conditioning
- Private bathroom
- Bicycle rental service
- Car rental service
- Paid or free airport shuttle service.
What activities Jodhpur homestays offer?
The activities that homestays in Jodhpur offer are:
- Exploration of the nearby villages
- Attending workshops for traditional cooking classes, pottery, etc.
- Camel safari
- Camel cart rides
- Desert safari
- Jeep safari
- Dune bashing
- Taste the sumptuous local cuisine
- Local sightseeing
- Cultural programs (live traditional dance and music show)
- Shopping for souvenirs
- Indoor games like badminton, table tennis, etc.
- Outdoor games like cricket, etc.
- Yoga classes
- Meditation sessions
- Ayurvedic massages
- Village trekking
- Relax in the swimming pool and lounge
- Fabric weaving classes
- Bicycle tours of the city.
What are the popular places or landmarks for homestays in Jodhpur?
The popular places or landmarks for homestays in Jodhpur are:
- Mehrangarh Fort
- Umaid Bhawan Palace Museum
- Kaylana Lake
- Mandore Gardens
- Machiya Safari Park
- Khichan Bird Sanctuary
- Balsamand Lake
- Sadar Bazaar (Clock Tower)
- Stepwell Bawri
- Gulab Sagar Lake
- Pachetiya Hills
- Masuriya Hills
- Ranisar – Padamsar Lake
- Kapda Market.
What is the best time to visit Jodhpur?
The best time to visit Jodhpur is in the winter season. You can schedule the trip between the months of November and February.
The weather is pleasant, and you can explore the city to your heart's content without sweating. It is advisable to avoid the monsoon season. Also, the temperature in the summer season is quite high.
What is Jodhpur famous for?
Jodhpur is particularly famous for being the “Blue City”. It is chiefly due to the presence of numerous blue-colored buildings.
Moreover, the city has numerous forts, palaces, and temples. Another major attraction is the magnificent Thar Desert. The prolonged rule of the Maharajas has been attributed to the regal charm that the city exudes.