Dandeli TrekkingKavala Caves trek, Kulgi-Nagzari Valley trek, Shiroli Peak trek, Sathodi Falls trek, Sykes Point trek, and Syntheri Rocks trek.
Explore the best Dandeli trekking packages at Thrillophilia. It is one of the most adventurous activities to do in this serene town. If you get a kick from exploring the thick forest, spotting wild animals, soaking in nature, and watching colorful birds, then you must travel to Dandeli for the sole reason of trekking through its deep woods.
The best part of Dandeli trekking is that most of the trekking sights are still unexplored. Thus, it is a perfect getaway for people who want to escape the stress of city life. The pristine Kali River, animals such as tigers, panthers, elephants, monkeys, langurs, and flying squirrels, the extraordinary vibes of lush surroundings, and alpine trails are some of the things that will make your trekking experience in Dandeli simply worth it.
Most of the trekking routes in Dandeli are easy and can be covered within a day. So, even if you are not a trekker, you can still go for some of the treks in Dandeli; the ones which can be covered in a few hours.
Some of the most interesting trekking routes in Dandeli include Kavala Caves, Kulgi-Nagzari Valley, Shiroli Peak, Sathodi Falls, Sykes Point, and Syntheri Rocks. When you visit Dandeli, make sure that you cover the treks to all the above-mentioned places. There is also a small trek that leads you to a natural jacuzzi surrounded by vibrant flowers and lush woods, near Supra dam. This should definitely be on your list of trekking in Dandeli.
It is also recommended to hire a local guide on your treks since he will have a lot of interesting local tales to tell you about the surrounding areas. Most of the guides in Dandeli are skillfully trained by the tourism department of the state and thus, safe to hire. You can request the same from the resort you are staying in or from your travel company. In a nutshell, Dandeli is certainly a haven for trekkers and nature lovers.
People Also Ask About Trekking in Dandeli
Which are the best places for trekking in Dandeli?1. Kavala Caves: Located in the heart of the Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary, the Kavala Caves are a collection of prehistoric caves of volcanic origin. The caves can be reached after climbing down a series of steps from the point of origin. The interior of the caves are pitch dark, and have to be navigated with the aid of a flashlight. With its interesting display of stalagmite and stalactite formations, the Kavala Caves offer one of the most terrific destinations for trekking in Dandeli.
2. Shiroli Peak: Like the Kavala Caves, the Shiroli Peak can be reached through the Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary. Being the highest point in the Uttara Kannada Region, the Peak commands a stunning view of the surrounding valleys. The peak is one of the most popular destinations for trekking in Dandeli, and is known to provide fantastic views of the sunset.
3. Sykes Point: Sykes point is a popular viewpoint in Dandeli, and is ideal for trekking expeditions. Located about 6 kilometers away from Ambikanagar, the climb to Sykes Point is a fairly easy one. The location commands an excellent panoramic view of the deep valleys below, and of the confluence of the two rivers Kali and Nagzari.
4. Sathodi Falls: A majestic waterfall located in the Yellapur district of Uttar Kannada, the Sathodi Falls is one of the most visited sites for Dandeli trekking. The path leading to the top of the falls is covered with a number of bushes and rock formation, offering an interesting but easy climb up.
5. Kulgi-Nagzari Valley Trek: The Kulgi Nazagari Valley trek is one of the tougher trails for trekking in the Valley, and requires a level of expertise. The trail takes its trekkers from the town of Kulgi to the origin point of the Nagazari waterfalls, and covers streams and jungles in its routes. The Kulgi-Nazagari route is a haven for birdwatchers. While travelling through the forests, trekkers are bound to note a number of exotic bird species, such as the fairy bluebird, or the black throated monarch.
6. Potoli-Shiroli trek: The Potoli Shiroli trek is a moderately difficult trail travelling across 13 kilometers. This trek is ideally done with the help of a guide, who assists in pointing out natural formations that might otherwise go unnoticed. A number of different bird species can also be spotted here.
What is the best time for trekking in Dandeli?The best time for Dandeli trekking is during the winter and monsoon months between October to February. During this time, the humidity in this area is extremely less. Weather is cool and pleasant, and the climate is absolutely ideal for partaking in rigorous outdoor activities such as trekking.
What to carry while trekking in Dandeli?- While participating in any length of trekking activity, it is always advisable to carry a bottle of water along.
- For longer treks, you can also opt to carry some light lunch, or munchable items such as dry fruits or nuts.
- Trekking or Hiking Boots are absolutely essential while trekking in Dandeli, for the terrain might be rough and prove to be unscalable in regular shoes.
- A lot of Dandeli trekking trails also take you through dense forest terrains. For this reason, it is advisable that you carry along a pair of binoculars, insect repellants and anti-inflammatory ointments.
- Carrying a flashlight with you would also be recommendable.
- If you are trekking in Dandeli during monsoon, you must carry an umbrella or rainwear along.
What should I wear for trekking in Dandeli?- During Dandeli trekking, it is advisable to wear layers of clothes rather than one thick sweater or windcheater.
- Even during cold winters, the rigorous climb of some of the trails might warm you up considerably, and you might need to shed some layers.
- During trekking expeditions, it is ideal to wear long sleeved tops to protect your skin from insects and the sun, and shorts or comfortable long pants underneath to assist in better climbing.
- For footwear, wear hiking boots or shoes with socks. Rainwear is a must for trekking in winters.
Is Dandeli safe?
Yes, Dandeli is safe to visit. The place is serene and quiet and there are hardly any crimes. It makes a great destination for solo travelers and women. People are warm and friendly. They are quite helpful as well. Even so, it is important to be aware of your surroundings all the time because you never know about the unforeseen circumstances.