Camping in Dalhousie gives enormous pleasure to all those who love living the outdoor life. Pitch a tent in the middle of green and expansive meadows, and enjoy the feeling of being in the lap of the Himalayas. The breeze here is pleasant, the views mesmerizing, and the people are friendly, adding up to the overall experience of camping and making it worth your while.
Dalhousie is a hill town that occupies 5 different hills and has an average elevation of about 1,970 m above sea level. Located quite near to the Dhauladhar range of mountains, the town guarantees some of the best views of snow capped mountains, while you enjoy strolling, hiking, trekking, and photographing the greenery of the meadows. As far as the variety of places to visit in Dalhousie is concerned, there is a good amount of choice in that. Starting from Khajjiar to Kalatop Wildlife Reserve, Dainkund Peak Ganji Pahari, Panchpula, and Chamera Lake, Dalhousie not only has a varied sense of beauty about it but also has a number of amazing spots to stay and enjoy.
And with a great number of things to do here like trekking, zorbing, picnicking, hiking, and boating, camping turns out to be the most adventurous and loved activity that visitors love to be a part of here. Dalhousie camping can take you to a number of places in the hill station. Starting from the famous Kalatop Wildlife Reserve, you will be captivated by the beauty of it. Forests of Deodar and Fir surround you from all sides as you pitch your tent in a clearing in the forest with a number of chances to see wildlife like Pheasants, serow and black bear. The sanctuary is a great spot to enjoy a scenery, a feeling of the wilderness, and sights of the many birds that live here.
Apart from this, you can also camp near the Daikund Peak, the 2,745 m giant in Dalhousie. You can pitch your tent in the meadow near the peak and enjoy the amazing view of the peak itself, which often gets covered in snow in the winter months, making for a great view to have while camping in Dalhousie. The misty top and the pleasant weather around the peak makes for another good reason to camp here and enjoy the many activities like trekking, hiking, and birdwatching here.
If you are planning to spend a great weekend away from the bustling city life, camping in Dalhousie is one of the best ways to paint a picture for your perfect getaway. Choose from one of these camps as you set out to explore the best that Dalhousie has to offer.
People Also Ask About Camping in Dalhousie
Which are some of the best campsites in Dalhousie?
Camping in Dalhousie means to find the perfect adventure in the hills and for that, you need some of the best campsites in the area. Here are a few names you must consider for your next getaway.
- Kalatop Campsite: Truly believing in the motto of providing the best of accommodation in region, the Kalatop Campsite is located in the Kalatop Wildlife Reserve in Dalhousie. Aiming at highest levels of customer satisfaction at the height of 8,000 ft, the campsite also provides adventure activities in the region like Trekking, Rappelling, Zipline, Horse Rides and much more. The beautiful landscape, pine forests, wildlife, and a serene calm are what awaits you on your arrival at the Kalatop Campsite.
- Destination Adventure camp: As the name itself suggests, Destination Adventure Camp not only provides one with some of the best spaces for camping and accommodation in Dalhousie, but also with several adventure activities. Surrounded by Pines all around, the camp also enjoys a great view of the Pir Panjal range of hills in Himachal Pradesh. At this campsite, you can enjoy participating in Rappelling, Boating, Trekking, Ziplining, Burma Bridge, Mowgli Walk, and Spider Net
- Dalhousie Kalatop Camp: Located quite near the main city of Dalhousie, the Dalhousie Kalatop Camp offers some of the best accommodation spaces in the city. Known best for the comfort that they provide and the adventure activities in the region. Most of the times, their camping is mixed with trekking, and provision of facilities like packed lunch and bonfire. You can relax here and enjoy an amazing view of the stars. Enjoy activities like Trekking, Rappelling, Zipline, Horse Rides and much more while camping here.
- Camp Himachal: One of the most unique campsite in Dalhousie in terms of services and adventure activities provided here. While camping here, you can not only interact with a number of adventurers, but also participate in various activities of adventures like Mountain Biking, Moto biking, 4x4 drives, and trekking, amongst many others. With a large number of testimonials that tell the story of their services, this is one of the most amazing and worthy of campsites in Dalhousie.
- NASA Adventure: National Adventure Sports Academy (NASA) in association with IMF built this place in Dalhousie to provide the best of experiential tours and camping in the outdoors. You get to enjoy a large number of adventure sports here, in addition to camping in the greens. To name a few, Trekking, Rock Climbing, Paragliding, Parasailing, and River Rafting are some of the favorites of visitors coming here all year round.
- WeMountaineers: At 8,500 ft above sea level, the Talai Camping by WeMountaineers in Dalhousie is an all rounder experience for everyone. The campsite loaded with dome tents attracts guests from Schools, Colleges, Families, Couples, and almost everywhere, especially with their valuable attractions. You get Bonfire, Sunset/Sunrise View, Raw himachali music, himachali cuisines, Paragliding, Downhill Cycling, Ziplining, Zorbing, and Trekking. You also get proper meals and running hot water in the camp.
Can I get camping equipments in Dalhousie?
No, if you are planning for Dalhousie camping, you get tents and other equipment at the campsites included in the package but not on hire unless you are a student in Dalhousie.I get camping equipments in Dalhousie?
What is the best time to do camping in Dalhousie?
With a pleasant temperature throughout the year, the best time to visit, and the best time for camping in Dalhousie is through the summer months of March to May. You will find the temperature to be averaging around the 20s, and the weather to be greatly pleasant and welcoming.
Which are the famous places to visit in Dalhousie?
Find here a list of some of the best places to visit in Dalhousie, so you don’t go in unplanned and know what to expect as soon as you arrive here.
- Sach Pass
- Satdhara Falls
- Laxmi Narayan Temple
- Bara Pather
- Subhash Baoli
- Ganji Pahari
- St. Patrick's Church
- Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary
- Chamera Lake
- Dainkund Peak
Do we have to take a permit to do camping in Dalhousie?
The answer to the question depends on where you are camping. You may need to pay a fee to camp in the Kalatop Wildlife Reserve and near the Dainkund Peak, but permits are not required.
What adventure activities can I do in Dalhousie?
Being in the hills, there is a horde of adventure activities in Dalhousie that you can enjoy. There is a good chance that when you are camping in Dalhousie, you may get a lot of these activities included in the package.
- Horse Riding
Is it safe to do camping in Dalhousie?
Yes. while you are on your adventure of Dalhousie Camping, you can rest assured as it is completely safe.
What things should I keep in mind while Dalhousie camping?
When it comes to camping, there is always a list of items and actions you need to take care of, irrespective of the place you are going to.
- Plan what you need as per the kind of space you have, since most people prefer backpacking
- Choose a backpack based on how long you wish to stay
- Sleep well before, and during the experience
- Bring with yourself some energy food and snacking items. They are perfect for backpacking, they don’t spoil, and do not require any kind of cooking
- When it comes to clothing, prefer wearing something that keeps you dry and sweat free
- Always carry these things: flashlight, extra batteries, a multi-tool, and phone charger
- Bring soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, and toilet paper to keep yourself clean. Also keep a a well-stocked first-aid kit, creams for blisters, musquito repellent, sunscreen, and any other personal medications.
Do we have to carry food while doing camping?
Not exactly food, because there are chances that: 1) It will spoil, 2) it might attract bears. So instead, choose to carry energy bars, dry fruits, and snacking items on the trip.
Where can I book camping package in Dalhousie?
You can book your next experience right here, at Thrillophilia. You get the best price guarantee, best and verified local operators, and special discounts on several packages. Also, do not forget the cashback reward on many packages.
What are some other adventure activities in Dalhousie besides camping?
You can choose to enjoy a lot more than just camping in Dalhousie. A few names that are a must experience here are:
- Horse Riding