Just like the daytime activities, the nightlife in Coorg can also be quite exciting as well as exhilarating. Whether you are traveling alone or with your friends, you will surely be able to find something to do in the city to make your night more memorable.
If you are an alcohol aficionado, then there are several exotic bars, such as Planter’s Club and The Hive Bar, which can cater perfectly to you. These places offer a wide range of beverages and come with a gorgeous setting that is bound to mesmerize you and make your mood for the night.
However, if you are more of an adventurous person, then you can go camping in Civet Creek or hiking in Brahmagiri Wildlife Sanctuary. Moreover, if you want to soar through the mountains while relishing the savory scent of cold air, then you can also opt for a jeep ride in Madikeri.
So, no matter what type of an individual you are, you can definitely appreciate the Coorg nightlife in your own way. Hence, to help you to find your muse, we have talked about some of the best nighttime activities, which you can do in Coorg, down below. Make sure to check them out.
People Also Ask About Nightlife in Coorg
What are the best places to visit in Coorg at night?
Here are some of the best places in Coorg that you can visit during the nighttime -
1. Civet Creek: If you are traveling to Coorg for the first time, then it becomes a must for you to visit the beautiful Civet Creek at night. Also, if you are going with a group of friends, then make sure to have a camping stay together in this exotic venue.
The sounds of waterfalls, the alluring beauty of the flame of the bonfire, and savoring delicious meals under dark sky would surely be a memorable experience for you.
2. Brahmagiri Wildlife Sanctuary: When talking about one of the best ways to enjoy the nightlife in Coorg, the first thing that comes to mind is trekking in Brahmagiri Wildlife Sanctuary. Completely surrounded by greenery, this glorious place is also quite ideal for camping and lighting up a bonfire.
3. Kabbe: If you want to make your night more exciting and adventurous in the city of Coorg, then you can also opt for a nighttime mountain drive in Kabbe. With this activity, you will be able to experience the nocturnal charisma of Coorg and the unique sight of the dark night-sky.
4. Madikeri: Nestled beautifully in the mountains, the Madikeri hill station is yet another venue that is very famous among the nighttime travelers due to its calm and gorgeous surroundings. You can do some trekking here or opt for night camping with your friends or you may also take a Jeep ride and soar through the dusty road of this place.
5. Virajpet Market: Doing some shopping at night, especially in a place like Virajpet Market, can be yet another exciting way of relishing the nightlife in Coorg. The market is huge and you can buy a plethora of objects from here, such as coffee, aromatic oils, spices, honey, many more.
What are the best clubs or bars available in Coorg?
The following are some of the most popular bars and clubs available in the city of Coorg -
1. The Hive Bar: Snuggled exquisitely amongst the natural greenery, the Hive Bar is the perfect place to enjoy some lip-smacking drinks with friends and immerse yourself in the Coorg nightlife. The bar offers a wide range of alcoholic beverages, such as vodka, a variety of wines, as well as delicious cocktails.
2. Planter’s Club: If you are looking for ultimate relaxation and exciting bouts of entertainment, then the Planter’s Club should be the perfect venue for you. The bar has a brilliant range of wines, spirits, beers, etc and offers several types of scrumptious cocktails that will surely subdue your thirst for drinks.
3. The Lost Horizon Bar: Offering a view like the 1900s' exotic British clubs, the Lost Horizon Bar is probably one of the most eye-catching clubs in Coorg. Its rustic furnishings, high stools, and classy interior make it a perfect place to unwind oneself and enjoy the Coorg nightlife to its core.
The bar offers several alcoholic drinks, such as cocktails, beers, wines, etc, and both exotic Continental and Chinese dishes.
4. Bar Lounge: Situated in an exclusive resort, the Bar Lounge is yet another must-visit place for you if you love to chill while having drinks, especially alcohol. The green and calm surroundings of the bar are quite ambient and help you to savor the beverages, such as beers, wines, and colorful cocktails to your heart’s content.
Where can we eat in Coorg at night?
Some of the most famous eateries of Coorg are -
1. Beans and Brews Café: The Beans and Brews Café in Coorg comes with a rustic interior and offers both lip-smacking American and European dishes to its guests. Furthermore, as it is essentially a café, you will also get to enjoy several types of alcoholic beverages, such as cocktails, wines, or beers here and relish the nightlife in Coorg more exclusively.
2. Coorg Cuisine: Coorg Cuisine is a handsome restaurant located in a calm venue that offers both veg as well as non-veg Indian cuisines. If you are visiting this place for the first time, then you will need to check out the most popular food of this place, Pandhi Malukootunadh.
3. Spicy Treat: Unlike the previous two eateries, the Spicy Treat is mainly famous among the tourists as well as the locals because of their mouth-watering chicken-made dishes. Some of the best dishes of this place include – Pepper Chicken, Spicy Chicken, Hyderabadi Biryani, and, last but not least, Chicken Biryani.
4. Hotel Green Land: It is actually a multi-cuisine restaurant in Coorg that offers a wide variety of food items, such as Tandoori, Chinese, North Indian, and South Indian. Moreover, you will also be able to enjoy some mild beverages here, such as Black Tea, Coffee, Lemon Tea along with flavoured milk for the kids.
What are the famous night markets in Coorg?
The most popular night markets in Coorg are -
1. Stop n Shop Store: Whether it is the daily household items or some essential grocery needs, the Stop n Shop Store can be your ideal destination for anything and everything. The place stays open all night, so you can come here at any time and get whatever is required for your night's menu.
2. Avenue Shopping Store: If you packed through your things too quickly and have forgotten something that is quite important for you, then you can surely find it in the Avenue Shopping Store. The place keeps almost all types of travel gears and stuff, which are perfect for hiking, taking a nighttime tour, or doing any other adventurous activities.
3. Harsh Complex: If you are having some sudden cravings for chocolates and other sweet stuff, then the Harsh Complex can be at your service. Here, you will be able to find almost all the types of branded as well as homemade chocolates that can help you to quench your thirst for sweets.
4. Food Banq: If you have just arrived in Coorg and are looking for some spicy and tasty food items, then make sure to take a look into the Food Banq. Here, you will be able to find all the types of spices, fast food items, as well as the essentials.
5. Kushalnagar Market: The Kushalnagar Market features a wide variety of products, ranging from Tibetan artifacts to sarees, which can help you to understand the culture of Coorg. Furthermore, there are also a few wineries located in the market where you can find some quality alcohol-made products and drinks.
Where can I go in Coorg with family at night?
Here are some of the places in Coorg where you can go with your family and spend some memorable moments together -
1. Raintree Restaurant: If you are thinking about having a fine dinner and great family time together, then the Raintree Restaurant should be the perfect place for you. Besides its amazing Indian cuisines, the eatery also offers exotic blended coffee with an alluring aroma that will surely ensnare your senses and make your taste buds happier than usual.
2. Kunde Habba Festival: Known as one of the most popular festivals in South India, the Kunde Habba is generally celebrated in remembrance of the day when Lord Alyappa devoured all of his devotees.During the nighttime, the members of the tribal society light up a huge bonfire and sing Kunde songs while dancing on its rhythm.
3. Tadiandamol Peak: One of the most beautiful peaks in the whole South India, Tadiandamol Peak is an ideal place for hiking with your family members. Furthermore, if you want to, then you can also set up a small family camp here to have a quality time with your closed ones.
4. Coffee Plantations: While they usually look quite vigorous during the daytime, the coffee plantations do appear to be even more heavenly in the night. So, if you want to enjoy some peaceful moments and the nightlife in Coorg with your family, then these are the places where you definitely want to be with them.
Can we get local buses or transportation facilities Coorg at night?
Yes, almost all the local transportation systems in Coorg stay active throughout the nighttime, so, you will surely find enough vehicles to return to your hotel or staying place.