Camping in CoorgCamping in Coorg is indeed one of the best things to do when here, as it gives you a chance to intermingle with the serenity of the region. As the locale is all over surrounded by lush green trails and soothing vibes, it becomes an apt site for camping. Located in the southern part of Karnataka Coorg is righteously called as the Scotland of India as the scapes that it showcases is just beyond one’s imagination. Another factor which makes it a most frequented getaway is its proximity to Bangalore and it is just located 250 km from there. People from all over the globe flock to this piece of beauty to embrace the lure of nature.
The Coorg camping is available in several variants, whether you are an adventure buff looking for an escapade filled with thrilling activities or a lighter version which involves fishing along with camping, each one of them is victualed in this quarter. While some of the experiences are a combination of trekking along with rafting others just include bonfire and dance. When here, you can trace the trekking trails of the Tadiandamol peak which is packed with a wide range of flora and fauna.
On the route, you can spot distinct animals and also explore the untamed corners of the upland. The camping packages are very well tailored keeping in mind the requirements of the vacationers. Be it the pick-up and drop or the lip-smacking meals, each and every aspect is taken care of. Apart from the basics, some ultra luxury facilities are also provided. Not only this you can also pump up your adrenaline by trying hands on rafting at the Barapole river which is also included in most of the camping packages!
With Coorg camping, you can take a glimpse of the Western Ghats and unveil the natural bounties. Something which makes the camping sites even more enticing the fresh soothing smell of the coffee plantation and the presence of soft and tender coffee leaves. The camps are established right in the center of these trails so that you can wake up to the exotic aroma and soothe each and every quarter of the mind and soul.
The camping sites are elegantly taken up to meet the needs of the visitors and Coorg is one of the best sites which caters to the requirements. If you are confused about which months to choose then, here is your answer! You can opt for this experience all around the year, but the months from October to March are the most favorable ones.
Looking for something unique? Well, Coorg camping is just for you then. What could be better than relaxing along nature’s trails and scenic views! When the sun rises the soft noise of the chirping birds and the sun showing its vibrant colors is a treat to the eyes and the midnight below the star-studded sky is a plus.
One can enjoy camping at several places Madikeri, Betigeri, Wayanad, and Kushalnagar which are known for excellent topography. Apart from these, you can also witness camping at coffee farms, Kote Betta, and several others.
Most of them also include fire BBQ, DJ, and delicious meals. Whether you are looking for a quick escape from the monotonous life or you are seeking for a place to unwind along with the beguiling beauties, Coorg is a choice with no regrets. So build up your gang or join a group and book your kind of Coorg camping package from Thrillophilia!
People Also Ask About Camping in Coorg
What are the best Camping Tours in Coorg?
Looking for something unique? Well, Coorg camping is just for you then. Book the best camping tour package for yourself at best deals and offers starting from Rs.1500/- Only!
1. Wild Monsoon Adventure Series Camping at Rs. 3985/-
2. Coorg Camping Experience at Rs.1650/-
3. Nature Camping Experience In Coorg at Rs. 1500/-
4. Riverside Camping In Coorg, With Rafting at Rs.2100/-
5. Camping In Coorg with stargazing at Rs. 1820/-
What is the best time to visit Coorg for Camping?
As a tourist destination, Coorg is truly blessed, since it is a hill station with an average temperature of around 20 to 30 degrees throughout the year. So, you can visit it any time to appreciate its beauty.
Monsoon - Even though the waterfalls and rivers become magnificent during this season, the monsoon months, that is, July to September, are best avoided due to frequent landslides and heavy rainfall.
Winters - During winter, that is, from October to February, the temperature hardly rises above 20 degrees, thus making Coorg truly inviting. Camping in Coorg, as well as trekking, hiking and other activities become more comfortable than in other seasons.
Summers - Temperatures range from late twenties to early thirties during this season which lasts from March to June. While it is not severely uncomfortable, it can be a bit unpleasant.
Suggested read: 50 Best Coorg Honeymoon Packages
Can we do camping in Coorg during the monsoon also?
Monsoon season in Coorg is really refreshing due to the heavy rainfall, but it can make calm rivers ferocious and the terrain unpredictable. Coorg during this season is definitely not for the faint-hearted, but if you can motivate yourself and embrace the fear, you will get to indulge in unique adventures that very few people have experienced.
When you wake up early in the morning, the only thing separating you from the rain and mist is the fabric of the tent. Camping in Coorg during the monsoon also allows you to be surrounded by intensified aroma of the coffee and pepper plantations. Just don’t forget to pack your raincoat and shoes with an extra grip.
Why is Coorg so famous for camping?
Coorg camping leaves such deep impressions that not bringing a camera may be regretful. Everyone from adventure seekers to the people who would prefer peace from city life have a great time here. Perhaps the versatile natural beauty of the town attracts throngs of tourists every year that further encourages them for a revisit.
You can enjoy sports activities like volleyball or go for some river rafting for the adrenaline rush. Winter camping can be even more rewarding with over 40 species of migratory birds taking temporary residence in the hill station.
What activities will we do during camping in Coorg?
When camping in Coorg, these are some of the activities that you will do:
1. Enjoy Popular Games: When camping near Virajpet in Coorg, you can set up your tents and enjoy popular games like Volleyball, badminton as well as cricket with other campers.
2. Visit the Kabbe Hills: On your camping trip, you can also visit the scenic Kabbe Hills, and take a hike to the top, from where you can see the dense forests of Kerala on one side and the coffee plantations of Coorg on the other.
3. Stargazing at night: Since you will be camping on the hillside, you will be fortunate enough to see a clear sky, with millions of stars twinkling in the night. You and the other campers can enjoy stargazing in serenity.
4. Enjoy a Bonfire: Having a bonfire is probably one of the best experiences of camping, where people get to huddle around a pit fire and share stories in the dark and bond with each other.
5. Visit the beautiful Harangi Backwaters: If you are camping near the riverside, you must definitely pay a visit to the stunning Harangi Backwaters. You can not only see the Thala Kaveri at its absolute best but also sit and relax amidst the verdant greenery and soothing natural surroundings.
6. Take a walk in the many coffee plantations: Coorg is known for its coffee plantations, which exude a certain charm to anyone who visits. On your camping trip in coorg, you can take a walk in one of the many coffee plantations spread across the region, and rejuvenate yourself with the bittersweet aroma of coffee.
Must read: 10 Best Luxury Resorts in Coorg