Chiang Mai Tour Packages calls for an escape from the worries of the daily life of the world of peace and tranquillity. The northern capital of Thailand, Chiang Mai is an absconding getaway from the whirlwind tread of life bringing tourist to this place from afar. Despite the continuous advent of the trains and planes bringing plenty of sightseers, the quondam seat of the kingdom of Lanna is still constituted to be extremely laid back and calm. This is a worthwhile place to chill and relax so as to recharge yourself to fullest. If you are not an action-oriented person, then you can happily stride through various at things like strolling through the backstreets, roaming around and exploring the city in totality and careful witness the firm and happy atmosphere, attitude and aspect of Thai.
Nuzzled amongst the dense woods, Chiang Mai is much older than what it appears now. At the time of the ancient heyday, everything in the city was structured of teak tugged by the elephant from the neighboring rainforest. The monasteries in the city are still situated and centered on the retrospective brick called Chedi or stupa in an extraordinary range of styles and shapes, but the consequent spaces in between them are strewn with the contemporary tourist hotels and Thai houses. In spite this, the historical monasteries of the place Chiang Mai still remains one of the top-notch attractions making the surrounding extremely overwhelming and tranquil.
Chiang Mai is a contemporary sprawling city that has along with the eidetic and ancient past. Ducked by a snarl of superhighways, but on driving straight in any consequent direction, you will soon encounter yourself around greenery fostering beauty of nature – the countryside of North Thailand. A short and happy ride by the bike or red truck (rot daang) calls deliver you to a place delineating pristine reserves of rainforest, wavering waterfalls, serene and calm woods, tranquil countryside hamlets and fizzing hot spring water. You might even encounter a spiking and zealous host of camps, souvenir markets, and sanctuaries for elephants. Chiang Mai Tour Package will give you a chance to explore Chiang Mai at its best.
Popular Chiang Mai Tour Packages
|Multi Adventure Tour in Chiang Mai, Thailand||4D/3N||₹ 14493||4.0 star|
|Golden Triangle Tour in Chiang Mai, Thailand||5D/4N||₹ 26740||4.0 star|
|Northern Thailand Tour: Doi Pui Hike & Hilltribes Homestay||8D/7N||₹ 63999||4.0 star|
|5d/4n Chiang Mai Cycling Tour||5D/4N||₹ 45000||4.0 star|
|3 Day Jeep Safari & Golden Triangle Tour||3D/2N||₹ 19004||4.0 star|
People Also Ask About Chiang Mai Tours
What are the best places to visit in Chiang Mai?1. Doi Suthep: Its origins dating back to about 700 years, Doi Suthep is an embodiment of the traditional Lana culture. The regal mountain houses some of Thailand’s most revered temples. The Wat Phra That Doi Suthep temple here is Thailand’s biggest Buddhist pilgrimage site. The mountain also houses the royal Bhubing Palace, and a number of local stores.
Location: Shan Hills, ThailandTiming: 06.00 AM-06.00 PM on all days of the week.
2. Old City: With its scenic narrow streets, old temples and historic buildings, the Old City offers a thrilling insight into Chiang Mai’s past. The temple at the Centre of the Old City is its star attractions, such as the Wat Chedi Luang, Wat Phra Singh, and Wat Phan Tao. If you’re a shopping enthusiast with an eye for antiques and local items, you can spend a fruitful afternoon rummaging through the shops here.Location: Si Phum Sub-district, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai 50200, ThailandTiming: The attractions within the city have their own specific visiting hours
3. Wiang Kum Kam: Sprawling by the Ping River, Wiang Kum Kam is the ancient city dating back to the 8th century the Haripunchai Kingdom. Now preserved as an insightful museum, the city houses the renowned Wat Chedi Liam temple, along with Wat Chang Kham, a structure housing the spirit house of the founder King Mengrai.
Location: 2 Somphot Chiang Mai 700 Pi Rd, Tha Wang Tan, Saraphi District, Chiang Mai 50100, ThailandTiming: 08.00 AM-05.00 PM on all days of the week.4. Elephant Jungle Sanctuary: A Sanctuary built to protect elephants that were previously logged by the tourism industry, the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary in Chiang Mai prioritizes the welfare of their wares over their entertainment values. Tours at the sanctuary allow you to feed and play with the elephants, as well as bathe them and give them a mud spa.
Location: 119 10 Thapae Rd, Tambon Chang Moi, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai 50100, ThailandTimings: 07.00 AM-10.00 PM on all days of the week.5. Doi Inthanon National Park: Renowned for its stunning natural wealth and beauty, this scenic National Park is flocked by birdwatchers and nature lovers alike. Located at an elevation of more than 2,500 feet above sea level, the park offers landscaped nature trails with gardens and pagodas.
Location: 119 Ban Luang, Chom Thong District, Chiang Mai 50270, ThailandTimings: 05.00 AM-06.00 PM on all days of the week6. Bo Sang Handicraft Village: The umbrellas and parasols manufactured at Bo Sang are known across the world for their unique designs. Made with a paper, the umbrellas here are available in all shapes and sizes and has now become a symbol for Chiang Mai itself.
Location: Chiang Mai-San Kampaeng Highway (Route 1006)Timings: 08.30 AM-05.00 PM on all days of the week7. Lanna Folklife Museum: As the name suggests, the Lanna Folklife Museum houses a delightful collection of information on the Lanna tradition, culture, and lifestyle. The museum also houses cultural artifacts, textiles, and ceramics.Location: Prapokkloa Rd, Tambon Si Phum, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai 50200, ThailandTimings: 08.30 PM-05.00 PM, Tuesday to Sunday
Which are the best tour packages for Chiang Mai ?Here are some of the best tour packages for an amazing vacation in Chiang Mai:
1. 5D/4N Chiang Mai Cycling Tour
2. 2 Days Golden Triangle and Elephant Camp Tour
3. Thailand Motorcycle Tour: Discover the Land of Smiles
4. Golden Triangle Tour in Chiang Mai, Thailand
5. Multi Adventure Tour in Chiang Mai, Thailand
Which are the most adventurous trekking tours in Chiang Mai?
The most adventurous trekking tours in Chiang Mai are as follows:
- Active Thailand tours - The place is located in 54/5 Moo 2, Tha Sala at Chiang Mai in Thailand
- Chiang Mai Zoo – The place is located in 100 Huaykaew Road at Chiang Mai near the Amphoe Mueang Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai 50200 in Thailand
- Good Morning Thailand Eco Trekking and City Cycling Tour – The place is located in 20 Moonmuang Soi 6 room 3 sriphum, Muang at Chiang Mai 50200 in Thailand.
- Chiang Mai Rock Climbing Adventures - The place is located in Ratchaphakhinai Road, Tambon Phra Sing near Amphoe Mueang Chiang Mai at Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50200 in Thailand.
- Chiang Mai Bike Adventure - The place is located in 10/4 Soi Rot Fai Chiang Mai near Wat Ket, Mueang Chiang Mai at Chiang Mai 50000 in Thailand.
- Green Trails - The place is located in 111/70 K-Park Business Mahidol Road near Nonghoi, Amphoe Mueang at Chiang Mai 50000 in Thailand.
- Segway Gibbon - The place is located in Si Phum in the district of Mueang Chiang Mai at Chiang Mai 50100 in Thailand.
- Elephant Rescue Park – The place is located in 24 Ratchamanka Rd Soi 3, Tambon Phra Sing near Amphoe Mueang Chiang Mai at Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50200 in Thailand.
- Touring Center – The place is located in 14th Floor of 1st Ratchadamnoen Road at Soi 5, Muang 50200 in Thailand.
- Blue Elephant Thailand Tours – The place is located in Suriyawong 5 Road near Hai Ya Mueang at Chiang Mai 50100 in Thailand.
- X-Centre Chiang Mai – The place is located in 1, Mae Rim Samoeng Road near Rim Tai in the district of Mae Rim at Chiang Mai 50180 in Thailand.
- Chiang Mai Tour Centre – The place is located in the district of Mueang Chiang Mai at Chiang Mai 50200 in Thailand.
- Chiang Mai Trekking by Piroon & Baan Nantaya Guesthouse – The place is located in 12 Ratchaphakhinai Road near Prasing Muang at Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50200 in Thailand.
- Chiang Mai Mountain Biking & Kayaks – The place is located in 17, Ratvithi Road in the district of Mueang Chiang Mai 50200 in Thailand.
- Elephant Retirement Park – The place is located at 5 Chiang Mai 50100 in Thailand.
- Grasshopper Adventures Chiang Mai Bike Tours – The place is located in 87 Bumrung Buri Road near Prasing at Muang – 50200 in Thailand.
What is the best time to visit Chiang Mai?
The months between October and April have the most appropriate to plan a Chiang Mai Trip. Alternately, one could visit Chiang Mai during the time of the festivals when the whole city is flushed with color and most pulsating joy.
The months between November and February are well-suited for all kinds of outdoor activities and tourists in November get to witness the Loi Krathong festival. In the month of February, tourists can witness the beautiful Chiang Mai flower festival.
How do you get from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai?
The central town of Chiang Mai which is a popular tourist attraction is close to the lovely rural town of Chiang Rai. This place is famous for the indigenous Thai culture that is not something to be missed out. It is advisable that tourists choose Chiang Mai Tour packages which provide an alluring trip to this beautiful town.
The roadway is the only mode of transportation between the two places. It is either the bus, rental car, minibus or a motorcycle that takes you between towns. The bus option is by far the easiest and the most affordable of all. It is also convenient and comfortable. Uber in Chiang Mai is also a great option.
Which are the different biking trips to do in Chiang Mai?
The different biking trips in Chiang Mai can be done in the following places:
- 8 Adventures White Water Rafting at ATV Quad Biking in Chiang Mai
- Thai Bike Tours
- Green Trails
- Chiang Mai Mountain Bike and Kayaking
- Lanna Cycling Tours
- NK Bike Rentals
- Northern Trails Tours
- C&P Big Bike Chiang Mai
- Trailhead All Mountain Bike tour
- Chiang Mai Bike Adventure
- TBB Tours (formerly it was Tony's Big Bikes)
- Good Morning Thailand Eco Trekking and City Cycling Tour
- X Biking Chiang Mai
- Recreational Chiang Mai Biking
- Chiang Mai Mountain Biking & Kayaks
- SpiceRoads Cycle Tours Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai Bicycle
What is Chiang Mai famous for?
A Chiang Mai Tour is incomplete without a taste of it’s rich heritage. The beautiful temples of Buddha and museums give you a dip into the past glory of this capital city of the older Lanna Kingdom. The tallest mountain in Thailand stands close to this town.
There are also two special tribal villages and several national parks that are major highlights and not to be certainly missed. From the spiritual abode of Doi Suthep to the various old city temples, you will find your eternal bliss over here. The ancient underground city of Wiang Kum Kam and the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary are some of the spots to explore in this city.
How much time do I need to explore Chiang Mai?
Though the usual Chiang Mai packages are of 2-3 days to offer you the galore of this city. But for deeper exploration, you’ll need 5 days time to uncover the secret of in the city. Spend the first day exploring the old city of Chiang Mai which has roads lined with old wicker basket shops. Right in the middle of the town, you’ll find the mesmerizing ruins of the Wat Chedi Luang.
You can spend the second day exploring the various tourist spots, including the Doi Suthep, the Night Bazar and enjoying the local food. The day three of the trip should be best spent at the Mon Tha Than Waterfall which you can reach by a rental scooter. You can spend the fourth day exploring the local culture of this city. Spend the fifth day of Chiang Mai trip in the Friday market or cliff jumping at the Grand Canyon.
Where can I go on wildlife safari tours in Chiang Mai?
For a wildlife safari tour in Chiang Mai, you can go to the following places listed below:
- Doi Suthep
- Elephant Care & Grand Canyon Jumping
- Karen Tribe Native Elephants
- Elephant Nature Park
- Chiang Mai Zoo Aquarium
- Elephant Jungle Sanctuary
- Elephant Rescue Park
- Elephant Retirement Park
- Chiang Mai Night Safari Zoo
- Chiang Mai Zoo
Which are some popular places to eat in Chiang Mai?
DK David’s Kitchen at 909
It’s a riverside restaurant that serves some of the finest Thai food in Chiang Mai. Their menu is not limited to the local food, but they also serve European, French, and several fusion foods. The ambiance, the food, the amenities are all factors that make it the best in the city. The restaurant remains closed on Sundays.
Tong Restaurant and Bar
This is an open-air restaurant that serves the most scrumptious northern Thai food. The setting is very laid-back and comfy, and it is popular for several signature dishes such as hang le and larb Kua.
The Restaurant at Anantara
Located on the Anantara resort, this restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner and offers a fine and luxurious 5-star service to its customers.
This place is an amalgamation of artistic and culinary geniuses. The setting is lit in neon colors that attract the visitors. The magnificent food and modern amenities are truly breathtaking.
Which are the best cycling tour routes in Chiang Mai?
The best cycling tour routes in Chiang Mai are as follows:
- Home Loop – The total distance of the route is 9.1 km.
- Samoeng Hills around Doi Suthep - The total distance of the route is 90.0 km.
- San Sai Noi - Samoeng Loop - The total distance of the route is 118.3 km.
- Mae Kuang/Doi Saket Loop 1 - The total distance of the route is 78.5 km.
- Mae on Flat Loop - The total distance of the route is 74.6 km.
- Wat Phra That Doi Suthep from the Chiang Mai Zoo - The total distance of the route is 10.8 km.
How to reach Chiang Mai from Bangkok?
There is the option of taking a flight, a bus, or even a train to reach Chiang Mai from Bangkok. If you avail a Chiang Mai tour package that recommends a flight, it will take merely 60-70 minutes to traverse between the cities.
The fare, of course, varies considerably. A train ride takes between 12-15 hours to get to Chiang Mai, but it is still the most popular route because of the low cost and the chance to experience the local beauty of Thailand. The final option can be a bus, which is again cost-effective.
Which are some famous walking tours in Chiang Mai?
The famous walking tours in Chiang Mai are as follows:
- Fresh Local Market Tour by Walking in Chiang Mai
- Home Loop
- Sumoeng Hills, Around Doi Suthep
- San Sai Noi - Samoeng Loop
- Mae Kuang/Doi Saket Loop1
- Mae on Flat Loop
- Wat Phra That Doi Suthep
Which are the best places to stay in Chiang Mai?
With traditional Thai interiors and modern architectural additions such as tiled floors, wooden furniture, and high ceilings, this place is a real heritage. Located just 100 meters away from the Sunday Market, it provides the best services.
A beautiful building houses this place, and it has beautiful interiors. This hotel has an outdoor pool and a luxurious bar and gym.
U Nimman Chiang Mai
This is a very beautiful hotel enchanted by an outdoor pool. It is well-equipped with all the luxuries and has a touch of Thai aesthetics that complements its design.
This is a budget-friendly place.with traditional décor. The rooms are airy and have adjoined balconies, and it offers all the modern-day amenities. It is at a short distance from both the old city and the Kad Suan Kaew shopping center.
Rustic River Boutique
This is a 3-star hotel that has majorly wooden décor. The antique furniture and Thai styled building give a great traditional touch to this place. Located near the river Ping, it offers a striking view of the city.
Where can I do river rafting in Chiang Mai?
You can take part in river rafting in Chiang Mai in the following places:
- Siam River Adventures White Water Rafting & White Water Kayaking
- The Peak Adventure
Which are the best places for a shopping tour in Chiang Mai?
The best places for a shopping tour in Chiang Mai are as follows:
- Star Avenue Lifestyle Mall
- Pantip Plaza Chiang Mai
- Herb Basics
- Saturday Night Market
- Night Bazaar Place Chiang Mai
- Sunday Night Market
- Le Méridien Chiang Mai
- Kad Suan Kaew
- Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai
- Kalare Night Bazaar
- Somphet market
- Anusarn Market
- Muang Mai Market
- JJ Market
- Vila Cini
- Promenada Chiang Mai
- Warorot Market (Kad Luang)
- Chiang Mai Night Bazaar
- Maya Lifestyle Shopping Center
- Central Festival Chiang Mai
- CentralPlaza Chiangmai
What about the temperature in daytime/nighttime in Chiang Mai?
The city of Chiang Mai experiences a very pleasant climate due to its elevated topographical location. The summer season is often too hot, and this is why most Chiang Mai tour packages don’t recommend a trip in the summer.
The rainy season in early June is a reprieve from the extreme heat, and it lingers on till October. The temperature gets to a pleasant 230 C during the night during these months. The winter season falls between December and February, and this is the most suitable time to visit the haven of Chiang Mai.
What is there to do in Chiang Mai at night?
The Old City- This place is located inside the ruins of the ancient city of Chiang Mai. It has several little coffee houses, bars, and guesthouses with beautiful outdoor settings. The bars offer a range of night-time frolics such as pool, darts, and refreshing drinks.
The Ping River
The nightlife around this river is quite soothing. With live music and open-air restaurants serving local Thai delicacies, this is a spot one would want to visit again.
This is the lavish area of the city and has several coffee shops lined up. Several restaurants, clubs, and craft beer shops are also popular here.
The Night Bazaar
This is a famous tourist spot and has several little stalls filled with traditional Thai tinkers that you could take as souvenirs. Also, this is a central hub to enjoy Thai cuisine.
Muay Thai Fight
The Thai national sport, also called the ‘Dance of the eight limbs’ is not something to be missed. Stadiums hold fights that happen throughout the week.
You get the chance to witness wild beasts in their natural state at night while you choose to go for a night safari. Animal performances like those of lions, tigers, zebras, giraffes, etc. make this a memorable trip.
What sort of public transportation is there in Chiang Mai?
A bus is probably the most convenient way to commute in Chiang Mai. However, on your Chiang Mai tour options such as the local Songthaews are a common mode of transport and give you the chance to get a closer look at the local culture. These are pick-up trucks with benches designed to serve as local transport.
Buses or minivans are the other options and the shuttle service is the easiest and most popular mode of transport for tourists. The tuk-tuks are by far the most easily available means of transportation to get around the city. There also several rental options at hand such as motorbike, taxis, scooters, or cars that you could hire.
Which are some famous jeep safari tours in Chiang Mai?
Some of the famous jeep safari tours in Chiang Mai are as follows:
- Wat Phra That Doi Suthep
- Tham Lot Cave
What are the best things to do in Chiang Mai?
Chiang Mai Night Safari beguiles you-
The night safari zoo is a thrilling venture that gives you the chance to witness the majesty of nature’s wildest beasts in their nocturnal realities. You can find the ferocious lions, mighty tigers, pumas, jaguars and wild cats in action over here. Other animals such as zebras, giraffes, and rhinos also dwell here.
Location: Tambon Nong Kwai, Chiang Mai
Timings: 11 am to 11 pm
Price: THB - 700; INR - 1500
Play with elephants at Elephant Jungle Sanctuary-
This is an experience to last a lifetime. The chance to get close to magnanimous beasts such as the elephant is rare, and you get the opportunity to play with the great creatures when you visit this place.
There is also the option for a stay over here if you want to have more fun with the elephants. A guide will take you through the norms and the history of the place. This is a highly recommended activity.
Location: Chang Klan, Chiang Mai
Timings: 7 am to 10 pm
Price: THB - 1700; INR - 3600
Bumpy Whitewater Rafting on the Mae Taeng River-
The glorious Mae Taeng River will add the necessary element of thrill in your Chiang Mai trip. After getting all the necessary instructions for safety, a professional will accompany you into the best rafting experience you would ever have.
The river on both sides is shrouded by the lush greens of the rainforests. This scenic marvel with the rafting opportunity makes it an experience that is refreshing to the very core.
Location: Ratvithi Road, Chiang Mai
Timings: 8:30 am to 5 pm
Price: THB - 1800; INR - 3900
Spot Gibbons on an exhilarating zip line-
Chiang Mai packages offer the life-altering experience of a zip-line adventure, also called the ‘Flight of the Gibbon.’ This is bound to be the highlight of your trip. You get to swoosh through dense rainforest on a reliable zip-line to get the chance to see the gibbons that live here.
The experience is so exciting and also comes with the added opportunity to relish in abseils, natural trails, and the sky bridge.
Location: Mae On
Timings: 6 am to 11 pm
Price: THB - 4000; INR – 8200
‘No bar’ experience with tigers at the Tiger Kingdom-
The Tiger Kingdom in Chiang Mai gives you the chance to interact with nature’s finest creations. You can spot the wild cats and tiger over here. This place has matured tigers and also little cubs, and you get the chance to touch and fondle them inside their enclosures where they remain unchained and tethered in any way. This is the most popular activity that makes your Chiang Mai tour one of a kind.
Location: Mae Taeng, Chiang Mai
Timings: 8 am to 6 pm
Price: THB - 700; INR – 1530
Visit the divine and gorgeous Wat Phra Thai Doi Suthep-
Culture is the epicenter of the experience of Chiang Mai and the hours spent at Wat Phra Doi Suthep truly depict the culture of Chiang Mai. This place is revered as a spiritual abode, built-in 1383 to treasure the shards of Lord Buddha’s bones. A flight of 306 steps takes you to the main temple area that is an example of architectural genius and ultimate and peace.
Location: Su Thep, Chiang Mai
Timings: 6 am to 6 pm
Price: THB - 30; INR – 65
What are the most romantic things to do on your Chiang Mai honeymoon tour?
The most romantic things to do on a honeymoon tour to Chiang Mai are as follows:
- Hire a private car and explore the city along with your loved one.
- Visit the famous Wat Phra That Doi Suthep
- Go for shopping in Chiang Mai and pick up their unique styled souvenirs
- Go on a long and romantic river boating cruise along the river of Mae Ping
- Swim by the waterfall of Mae Sa
- Try delectable Thai cuisines in a romantic set up at the most famous restaurant named Huen Huay Kaew.
Which are some famous elephant safari tours in Chiang Mai?
The famous elephant safari tours in Chiang Mai are as follows:
- Blue Elephant Thailand Tours
- Baan Chang Elephant Park
- Patara Elephant Farm
- Elephant Jungle Sanctuary
What are the famous camping places in Chiang Mai?
Chiang Mai packages also include the opportunity to get a whiff of adventure by camping on Chiang Mai trekking excursions.
Doi Khun Tan National Park-
This is a huge area with a dense forest cover of bamboo, pine, oak, and teak trees. It houses exquisite species of animals such as the weasel, Siamese hare, wild boars, and porcupines. There are also several beautiful butterflies and flowers such as orchids over here.
This place also has the largest Thai tunnel and has a 6 km long trail right up to the mountain top, which is an easy hiking option. It takes about an hour and a half at the most to cover it.
Doi Suthep Camping-
This place offers you the ultimate chance for a romantic escapade. Couples and young pairs enjoy the trail up to the mountain relishing in the blanket of stars overhead. The view from here is like nothing else you’ve seen! You can spend your night in the tents laid over here.
Ob Khan National Park-
This serene spot makes all your escapist fantasies come alive with beautiful butterflies and dragonflies. The river of Mae Khan is quite clean and absolutely perfect for a dip in the calm ends.
Doi Inthanon National Park-
This is the highest mountain in Thailand, and you can feel the atmosphere going quite cold over here. The mountain top gets blanketed by a mist that gives this place a transcendental feel. The bird population here is quite large, and you can find over here various self-led hiking trails for your exploration.
It also has several exotic plants and beautiful waterfalls. The overall experience of Doi Inthanon is heavenly.
How much is the taxi fare from Chiang Mai airport to the city?
The ride from the Chiang Mai airport to the city’s center is fairly short. Songteaws, as well as tuk tuks, are available for taxi services. The ride costs not more than 160 THB. Uber is also a good option to reach the city from the airport.
Are there any restrictions regarding anything which I need to take care of?
- Don’t disrespect the Buddha idols.
- Follow the temple etiquette to the letter.
- Don’t disrespect the monks or cross your legs around them.
- Don’t touch the locals, especially women.
- Avoid overt public display of affection.
- Don’t bathe in the sun nude.
- Don’t raise your voice.
- Don’t pick what is not yours.
- Respect the customs and traditions of the place and the local people there.