What To Do in AlwarThere are umpteen of the best things to do in Alwar that will give you a chance to create throngs of new memories. Whether you're an adventurous soul, spiritual seeker, or night owl, you will be spoilt with varied choices on offer in this city.
If you're a wildlife enthusiast, then you must go for a jungle safari at Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary that is home to an array of local flora and fauna. To know about the rich history of this city, you can visit the Alwar museum that houses a riveting collection of artifacts and weapons.
If you're still hunting for what to do in Alwar to satiate your adrenaline level, you should enjoy parasailing at Dunnimaa Farms and hike up to The Garbhaji Falls. And how can we forget the shopping enthusiasts who're in for a treat over here owing to the presence of markets like Sarafa Bazar and Malakhera Bazar?
The foodies can further enjoy the local delicacies at the cafes and restaurants located here. If you're a spiritual soul, then you must visit Karni Mata Temple that is home to thousands of rats. So wait no more, pack your bags and get ready to create a kaleidoscope of beautiful experiences with every activity that you undertake in this city.
Places to Visit and Things to Do in Alwar
Newly Added Alwar Experience
We had always heard about Bangarh, but could never find the time to visit. Thrillophilia's planning was great and the car very comfortable. I loved the experience, and it was very pocket friendly as well
After the discounted price, its a tour no one should miss. Seeing Bhangarh was just so exciting as this place is so famous in the country for being haunted. It was adventurous and gave goosebumps.
Spotted a wild boar in the jungle hikes. I was so happy to have been that lucky. Amazing place for an offbeat escape.
Nature, comfort, and luxury are three things you'll find at this beautiful stay. I must commend on the quality of the food, as we loved every meal that was offered!
Staying at this palace-cum-resort is definitely an unforgettable experience and my family loved every bit of it. From the grand rooms, the beautiful gardens, home style food, and the hospitality of the caretakers, there's nothing I would change about this place.
07 December 2019
We stayed in Tijara for 2 days. The view from the palace is great as it is situated on a hill. We have loved our accommodation and the spa traetments at the palace is worth trying. It was a relaxing holiday. Highly recommended to try this place once.
03 January 2020
Gudakesa Chaturvedi Tijara Fort Palace, Tijara | Book Online @ 41% off
I would highly recommend this resort for couples. I have visited here with my partner. It is one of the best experiences we had, we have visited to celebrate our anniversary. The staff was very friendly and generous. They have arranged cake on special requests for us. Our room was very spacious and clean. I liked their services a lot. Will surely revisit the palace. Thank you Thrillophilia for providing the best-discounted deals online and instant bookings.
For this kind of amazing price, this is the best experience you can possibly get. Placed on a hill, this fort stay is quite unique and has beautiful lush green surroundings that just add to the beauty. There is a wonderful pool right on the terrace, and having visited in the summer season, it was a great time to spend some time in the pool! The food here is also quite authentic and we are definitely going to come back here sometime soon!
We were a bunch of 4 crazy daredevils and wanted to explore the mystery of Bhangarh. It was an exciting weekend for us. The cars were very well maintained, but pick up was very delayed. Besides that, the price was amazing for such an experience. The guide Rishabh told us a lot about the history and stories about the place to scare us, but we went ahead anyway. On the way, we also visited a few temples. Wish we could’ve spent the night there. Thanks, overall good experience.
Who won't want to be treated like royalty. Well, that's what it was like! The entire stay was awesome. The palace was beautiful. The rooms were well kept. The staff made sure your needs were being taken care of. I went with my family and it was one hell of a trip. We enjoyed every second of it. The food was delicious and well served. The scenery around was splendid. All this at such reasonable price. If you're seeking similar experience, you should definitely go for this one!
People Also Ask About Alwar Things To Do
What are the best things to do in Alwar?1. Go for Jungle Safari: Get up close and personal to flora and fauna at the Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary that is home to a wide range of animals and colorful birds. If lucky enough, you might get a chance to spot Bengal Tigers, white-throated kingfisher, wildboar, nilgai, sandgrouse, and chinkara. The grassy plains, deciduous woods, and rock cliffs present here make it a sight to behold for the visitors. You can also spot here medicinal plants such as gol, gugal, bamboo and khair.
Location: Alwar, Rajasthan.
Timing: March to September – 6:00 AM – 5:00 PM & October to February – 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
Price: Rs 80 for Indians, Rs 450 for foreigners.
2. Relieve the bygone era at Alwar Museum: This is one of the best things to do in Alwar if you wish to immerse yourself into the rich history and culture of this city. The museum houses a riveting collection of weapons, paintings, and artifacts used in the ancient era.
The museum has been divided into three parts- the first part has archeological findings, the second part houses Urdu, Persian, Sanskrit, and Arabic manuscripts, and the third section contains an armory. You can also witness here skins of lions, leopards, and tigers from the hunting expeditions.
Location: Moholla Ladiya, Alwar, Rajasthan- 301001.
Timing: March to September – 10:00 AM – 4:30 PM.
Price: Rs 20.
3. Explore the haunted Bhangarh Fort: If you don't believe in spooky tales, then you should definitely explore the Bangalore Fort that was built by Madho Singh. This fort is considered haunted, and therefore the tourists are not allowed to stay here after sunset and before sunrise.
The fort consists of remnants of grand Havelis, deserted marketplaces, and temples within its premises. At the main entrance of the fort, there are several Hindu temples such as Gopinath Temple, Keshav Rai Temple, Someshwar Temple, and Mangla Devi Temple.
Location: Alwar, 301001, Rajasthan.
Timing: March to September – 6:00 AM – 6:00 PM.
4. Seek blessings of Goddess at Karni Mata Temple: If you're thinking of what to do in Alwar, then the perfect answer would be to visit Karni Mata Temple that is a spiritual abode for the visitors. It houses thousands of rats, and there is a common belief that rodents protect the temple's shrine.
It is said that if a rat scurries over your feet or you spot a white rat at the Karni Mata temple, it is considered lucky. The sound of the bhajans and spiritual songs future enhance the ambiance of the temple.
Location: Karni Mata Temple Rd, Deshnoke 334801 India.
Timing: March to September – 5:00 AM-10:00 PM.
5. Enjoy trekking at The Garbhaji Falls: Trekking up to the Garbhaji falls is considered to be one of the best things to do in Alwar both for beginners as well as experienced trekkers. Undisturbed from the cacophony of city life, this waterfall is located in a secluded area among the woods.
This moderate to easy level trek has well marked paths and is dotted with immense greenery making your trekking expedition experience of a lifetime. To reach the waterfall, tourists have to climb a flight of stairs.
Location: Nr. Alwar Town, Rajasthan.
6. Enjoy the greenery at The Company Gardens: If you're looking for one of the best things to do in Alwar, then you must enjoy a serene walk at The Company Gardens that has a huge variety of trees and beautiful flowers.
Inside the garden, you will find Shimla house where you can relax and gasp into the untouched beauty of nature while enjoying your favorite coffee. People also meditate here owing to the peaceful environment at this place.
Location: Nr. Alwar Palace, 301001, Rajasthan.
7. Stock up souvenir at Malakhera Bazar: If you're a die-hard shopping enthusiast, then you're in for a treat at Malakhera Bazar that is the main market of Alwar. You can buy here silver ornaments, carpets, terracotta statues, and paintings. You can also buy home décor items as well as the branded beauty products over here. This market also houses some of the best cafes where you can enjoy tantalizing cuisines.
Location: Alwar, Rajasthan.
Timing: 11 AM- 8 PM.
What are the best adventurous things to do in and near Alwar?1. Zip-lining: Get ready for some heart-pumping adventure as you go zip lining over the Neemrana fort. While zip-lining over here, you'll be greeted with picturesque views of the lush forests underneath. While undertaking this activity, you'll be harnessed with a pulley suspended on a steel cable.
2. Camping: Get close to nature and spend some time in the open air as you enjoy camping at Aravalli Hills in Alwar. The accommodation provided here is world-class, and the peaceful environment here gives you a chance to introspect your inner self.
3. Hiking: If you're an adventurous soul looking for what to do in Alwar, then you can trek up to The Garbhaji Falls, which is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Alwar. You will have to climb through a flight of stairs to reach this magnetizing waterfall.
4. Parasailing: Parasailing at Dunnimaa Farms is the perfect answer if you're thinking of what to do in Alwar. You can enjoy the bird's eye view of the entire city as you undertake this activity.
5. Banana Boat Ride: Another adrenaline-rushing activity that you must try in Ajmer is a banana boat ride in the Siliserh Lake. Banana boat is an inflatable boat shaped like a banana, and it is connected to a speedboat that pulls it at high speed along the water.
What is the best time to visit Alwar?- September to February is considered to be the best time to visit Alwar as the temperature remains very pleasant, and you can enjoy outdoor activities without the problem of sun stroke or heat rashes.
- April to June is not a good time to visit Alwar as the temperature ranges around 32°C to 46°C and the harsh sun rays can soak all your energy.
How to reach Alwar?- By Air: Sanganer Airport, located at around 162 km from Alwar, is the closest airport to the city. Alwar is well connected to major cities like Udaipur, Mumbai, Jodhpur, Kolkata, and Delhi. You can board a flight from Bangalore, Delhi, and other major cities to Alwar.
- By Road: Alwar is well connected to major cities like Kolkata, Jodhpur, Udaipur, and Mumbai by Rajasthan State Transport Corporation and private buses.
- By Rail: Alwar has its own railway system that connects the city to other cities such as Amritsar, Jaipur, Delhi, and Ajmer. Ajmer Shatabdi, Jammu Ali Jat Express, Sau Janta Express, Rajkot Express, Ashram Express, InterCity Express, and Malani Express are some of the main trains that pass through the station.
What is Alwar famous for?1. The City Palace: Built-in the seventeenth century, The City Palace is a fine example of Rajput-Islamic architecture. It reflects the royal lifestyle of the Maharajas and has several marble domes and huge entry gates.
2. The Vijay Mandir Palace: This is a royal palace that reflects the heritage of the royal era of Rajasthan. It has a beautiful garden, one hundred and five splendid rooms, and a lake.
3. Bhangarh Fort: This is a historic fort that is renowned for its spooky stories and splendid architecture. Within the fort, you can find Havelis, temples, and palaces.
4. Sarafa Bazar: This is the main jewelry market of Alwar, where you can buy a wide range of precious gems and jewelry items.
What should I buy in Alwar?- Juttis
- Colorful bangles
- Terracotta statues
- Handmade bags
- Home decoration items
- Hand-cut gems like; Emerald, Garnets, Ruby, Agate, Amethyst
- Silk threads
Is it safe to visit Alwar?Yes, it is extremely safe to visit Alwar as the crime rate over here is low, and the city follows strict administration. But whenever you step out of your hotel, stay alert from pickpockets and burglars. Also, don't walk in dark places at night, all alone.