About Wild Wadi WaterparkWild Wadi Water Park is an internationally renowned water park located in the Jumeirah area of Dubai near the famous Burj Al Arab. Owned and operated by the world-renowned hotel group, Jumeirah International, Wild Wadi Water Park is listed amongst the 20 best water parks in the world. This exciting park offers over 30 odd rides and activities for the entire family to enjoy. Built-in 1999 the park aimed at giving its visitors a boost of adrenaline rush that can’t be experienced anywhere else. Besides the adrenaline pumping activities, this water park in Dubai also has many relaxing and fun rides.
The Park has an intriguing theme right out of the Arabian Nights. It showcases the journey of Juha along with his seafaring companion, Sindbad. The theme has been so beautifully designed and implemented that it won the park the World Water Park Association Industry Innovation Award for design and theme.
This Park is also ISO certified with state of the art quality in technological advancements and safety measures. The Wild Wadi Water Park is the fastest growing water parks in the world owing to its constantly evolving attractions and the sheer thrill enjoyed by its visitors. The Wild Wadi Water Park has the Burj Surje ride which is the only slide with two bowls in the world.
The Park has 5 restaurants and snack bars within the premises and carts moving around the property selling ice creams, popcorn, and cotton candy. The Park also has two gift shops selling souvenirs and other essentials like swimming diapers, anti-slip socks for kids, etc.
How to Reach Wild Wadi Waterpark
You can choose various modes of transport from the Airport to Wild Wadi Water Park. The road distance is 25km.
- Bus: Take the metro to Al Jafiliya Seaside then board a bus to the Park.
- Taxis: By taking a taxi you can reach the Park within half an hour but it is expensive.
- Drive: Driving distance is 25 km from the Airport to the Park.
- Metro: Airport Terminal 3 to Sharaf DG. Then book a cab till the Park.
Check out: 15 Best Things to Do in Dubai Airport
Best Time to Visit Wild Wadi Waterpark
October to March is the best time of the year to visit Wild Wadi Water Park. Wild Wadi Water Park is open from Sunday to Saturday from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM. It is best to visit the Park on weekdays as it is likely to be less crowded. It is also a good idea to reach before opening time in order to avoid the exceedingly long queues later in the day. Every first and third Thursday of every month is Ladies Night from 8:00 PM to midnight.
Know more: Best Time to Visit Dubai
What Not to Miss at Wild Wadi Waterpark
- Souk Madinat Jumeirah: Located in the Madinat Jumeirah Resort and styled as a traditional souk, this shopping destination has 75 shops, art galleries, bars and restaurants, a nightclub and a theatre.
- Skyview Bar: Located on the 27th floor of the Burj Al Arab, the Skyview Bar offers a stunning view of the Gulf and the city while you sip on their expertly mixed unique cocktails.
- Nemo Watersports Dubai Jet Ski and Flyboard: An exemplary attraction to enjoy flyboarding, jet skis, parasailing, sailing, boat tours, water skiing and more.
- Dubai Turtle Rehabilitation Project: An environment-friendly effort to save and treat sea turtles. If you visit on Wednesdays at 11:00 AM you also get to feed the sea turtles.
- WOW Kids Amusement Arcade: An excellent creative and futuristic entertainment arcade for kids and adults alike.
- Glory Art Gallery: A perfect venue for art lovers. This gallery showcases the artistic works of emerging and established artists.
- Off Road Zone: Get your adrenaline rush driving a 4X4 Jeep Wrangler in the desert of the UAE.
- HintHunt: An exciting and fun activity area where you and your family or friends can climb a mountain while solving mysteries and puzzles in a tiny room within 60 minutes.
You may also like: 55 Best Places to Visit in Dubai
Things to do in Wild Wadi Water Park
- Master Blaster: An anti-gravity water slide that is propelled upwards by high powered jets of water.
- Wipeout and Riptide Flow riders - An ultimate surfing experience with seven tonnes of water being shot out every second to create a rolling waves effect perfect for knee boarding or bodyboarding.
- Juha’s Journey: Enjoy a relaxing break as you glide along this 360-meter long meandering river that snakes through the park seated on single or double seater tubes.
- Breaker’s Bay: A giant wave pool which is also the largest in the world. Enjoy the bobbing up and down as you sit and enjoy the spectacular views.
- Tantrum Alley: A heart-pounding slide that makes you get past three tornadoes and ultimately ends in the splash pool.
- Burj Surj: Spiralling slides with many twists and turns ending in the massive splash pool.
- Jumeirah Sceirah: A massive adrenaline pumping 120-meter long slide going at 80 km per hour. One of the most sought after rides for adrenaline junkies who visit here.
- Dhow and Lagoon: A specially designed activity area for kids with over 100 water activities for young visitors to enjoy. Visitors below 1.1-meter height can also enjoy the activities.
- Wild Wadi Restaurants: Enjoy a refreshing meal after all the excitement in any of the 5 restaurants and snack bars in the Park. You can take your pick from a variety of pizzas, burgers, fries, shawarmas, fried chicken, fruit juice, flavored milk and many more.
- Cabanas: Book a Cabana and enjoy a luxurious view of the Jumeirah Hotels sitting in a comfortable lounge chair with your own private refrigerator filled with fruits and soft drinks.
- Shopping: Wild Wadi Water Park has 4 retail outlets and gift shops - Souk Al Wadi, Shahbandar Souk, Air Tattoo, Sinbad’s Car, where you can shop for swimwear, T-shirts, water toys, swimming diapers, anti-slip socks, towels, and souvenirs.
Suggested reads: Top 55 Things to Do in Dubai
Other Essential Information About Wild Wadi Waterpark
Location: Jumeirah Street, Next to Burj Al Arab، Jumeirah 2 - Dubai
- Sunday to Wednesday: 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Thursday: 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Thursday Ladies Night from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM
- Friday: 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Price: Book your tickets for Wild Wadi Waterpark here.
1.1 meters and above height:
- AED 299
- USD 81
- INR 5631
Below 1.1 meters:
- AED 249
- USD 68
- INR 4690
Planning a Trip to Dubai: Check Out the Best Dubai Holiday Tour Packages
Tips for visiting Wild Wadi Water Park
- Wear comfortable and appropriate swimwear while visiting the Park, keeping in mind that it is a family park. Street clothes are not allowed in the Park.
- Carry an extra pair of swimwear especially if you are going with kids.
- At least four hours is required to fully enjoy the facilities in the Park.
- Arrive before opening time if you want to avoid exceedingly long queues.
- Carry your own towels to avoid paying extra for them in the Park.
- Do not wear glasses or lenses while taking any of the rides.
- Be sure of the depth of each pool before you plunge in it.
- Children need constant supervision and arrange for a meeting spot in case of any separation.
- Follow the lifeguard’s instructions at all times. Let them assist you with the right seating positions.
- Do not keep Jumeirah Sceirah to the end of your time here as the queue for this ride is usually around 45 minutes long.
- Analyze each ride before you leap in order to make sure if you can take it or not.
- Always ride in a seated position and hold the handles of your tube on all the rides.
- Children below 13 years of age are to be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Know more: 30 Top Indian Restaurants in Dubai