About Teatro Alla Scala
La Scala academy's primary objective is to teach and train the young blood to excel in music, dance, and technical programs. The La Scala shows begin on feast day that is celebrated in Milan with great enthusiasm. Evenings are the time when the performances starts, and one gets to enjoy the opera till midnight.
The history of the theatre is also depicted here and one can learn a lot of fascinating facts by just visiting this marvellous piece of art. The interesting part about the theatre is that famous Italian singers, as well as artists, have made an appearance at this beautiful opera.
It is amongst the most famous ballet and opera theatres in the world. One should definitely visit this theatre because of the artists, as well as the artwork that it features. This place’s history and its impressive performances attract the tourist to visit this place and everyone who visits the theatre is sure to have an amazing time.
How to Reach Teatro Alla Scala
The distance from the airport to the theatre is 41 kilometers by train and 49.3 kilometers by road. The best means of transportation is considered to be the train. Below are the best means of commuting from the airport to the Teatro alLa Scala.
The cheapest way to travel from the airport to the destination is to drive.
People who like to travel through train, there is a direct train that departs from the airport and arrives at Milano Cadorna. This train operates every day and departs every 30 minutes.
Best Time to Visit Teatro Alla Scala
Keeping in mind, the best time to visit Italy is in the spring season. The time of fall which is (April to June) or fall season (September to October). These seasons have a temperate climate with fewer tourists and lower prices. On the other hand, the weather in Milan is lovely during these periods.
What Not to Miss at Teatro Alla Scala
If you are planning to watch the performance at the La Scala theatre, then you must check the schedule and the availability of the tickets; most of the tickets get sold out during the seasons. Spend the best of the time, enjoying the performance, and watching the enchanting architecture.
So, whenever someone hears the word love story, the first character’s development that comes into the mind is Romeo and Juliet. Teatro alla Scala, conducts a beautiful ensemble of Romeo and Juliet with step to be undertaken by Lorenzo.
2. The Concert of Puccini's Tosca
Apart from this, another mind-blowing concert is Puccini's Tosca. This is amongst the most excellent concerts in which they have 15 Opera titles and seven voice reciters. This calendar is brilliantly filled with extraordinary concerts and performances from singers to conductors to stage directors. Everyone is the best in their field.
3. The Season Concert
It is the year's first concert which is one of the most memorable season calendars. The variety of ensembles that are put together by the performers make the audience feel the love and kindness that the performers have to offer to them. Although the season is full of a variety of different concerts and reciters and singers, to name a few, there are Tosca, Il Trovatore, and many more events.
4. The Brilliant Opera
Amongst most different things that have been planned this year will touch your soul. Every year the house of opera tries to do something very different that makes it amongst the most brilliant and unique in the world. They always bring out the best things out of singing as the Opera dedicates their time to work day and night.
Places to Visit near Teatro alla Scala
If you are here in this magnificent city, why just to attend only the Museum when you have so many beautiful restaurants and castles to go and have a pleasant experience in. Let's dig into the places to visit nearby the house of opera.
Since then it has undergone many changes and changed many hands to finally become the home for fabulous art after separating from the main Academy in 1882.
Amongst big things about this holy Church is it has the most extensive collection of Da Vinci paintings with the crucifixion painted by Donato Montaufano from the last supper.
Other Essential Information About Teatro Alla Scala
Location: Via Filodrammatici, 2, 20121 Milano MI, Italy
- Via bus, it takes: 1hr 12 min
History of Teatro alla Scala
La Scala, the full form for which is Teatro Alla Scala, and the translation is ‘the theatre at the stairway’. Known to be the leading Italian house in Milan, it was built in the year 1776. The theatre is a very journey associated with a ballet school and a singing School too.
In 1946, the theatre was opened, and renovated. Then in 2001, the house was closed for extensive renovation, after which it remains open till date. This House of opera is known to be different from the other leading House of operas due to the history that it has.
The Museum at Teatro alla Scala
The ‘Museo Teatrale AlLa Scala’ is a famous theatrical museum where various artists showcase their amazing talent. It is obvious that its particular focus is on the history of Opera. But along with the house of opera, the museum also extends its knowledge to the theatrical history of the Italian culture in general.
The best parts about the theatre is that the narrator also is able to enthral the audience by their melodrama and amazing talent of making everyone laugh, even when the play is a serious one. Along with this, the pieces are performed on the piano as well.
Facts about Teatro alla Scala
Let's study some great facts about the Milam House of opera
- For those who don't understand the meaning, Scala here means staircase. There are myths that the theatre is built on the church site, and a famous story has been heard for decades now about a sick child that was a cure in here.
- The first Opera that was performed in this Museum was by Mozart. But funnily enough, the next time Mozart was heard in the museum was in the year 2004.
- Who doesn't know the fantastic violinist Paganini, but what you don't know is that his debut was done this house of opera in the year 1813.
- This was not just an exclusive House of opera for theatres because other services were also performed here, which were not received critically well. The services include the trading transaction, stock-jobbing, and such other services that were carried on the pit.
- The house of opera is also famous for maintaining an extraordinary and unique relationship with Verdi. Although some believe, Verdi did not perform there for many years because the orchestra modified the music he was performing. But later in 1874, he played there, and it was announced in the year 1886 that this House of opera would host the premiere, which we know today as Otello.
- As we know, the house of opera was severely damaged during World War II, but it was later rebuilt and opened in the year 1946 that year. There was a very memorable concert that was conducted by Toscanini, which was followed by Renata Tebaldi’s Soprano solo. And for those who know, this was a sensational opening.