About Palm Jumeirah
The prime parts of Palm Jumeirah are referred to as Crescent, Spine, Trunk, and Fronds. The entrance part of this place happens to be the huge trunk that forms a bridge between the island and the mainland. Another bridge forms a connection between the Spine and the Trunk. The Crescent part happens to be the breakwater, which is linked with the Spine through a tunnel. The long and beautiful Fronds form the most amazing part of this island destination and its actual beauty can be witnessed by taking an aerial tour over the island in an aeroplane or helicopter.
In addition to tourist destinations, Palm Jumeirah is also packed with a plethora of upmarket apartments, luxurious villas, lavish resorts, ritzy retails, and royal hotels, which are mainly positioned on the Crescent and Trunk. The place is also dotted with a number of elegant beach clubs and bars, which form the backbone of the bustling nightlife of the entire city. At the present day, this world-class artificial island shelters a vast population of more than 10,000.
How to Reach Palm Jumeirah
The Palm Jumeirah is situated at a distance of about 24 km from the city centre of Dubai and it is directly connected with a number of means of transport to the city. It takes about 30-40 minutes to cover the distance between the island and the city centre.
By cabs: If you were new to Dubai, then it would be better to book cabs on rent to take you to the island without any inconveniences.
By Monorail: If you wish to travel by public transport, then the best way to reach the island would be by taking a palm monorail that runs every 15 minutes from 9 AM in the morning to 9:45 PM in the evening.
Best Time to Visit Palm Jumeirah
The best time to visit the Palm Jumeirah Islands in Dubai is from the month of November to the month of April. January and February are both considered to be the peak tourist season as zillions of tourists come over to Dubai from all over the world to spend their holiday season.
In this time, the island of Palm Jumeirah mostly remains crowded with tourists and there is a slight hike in the prices of everything. If you are planning to come over to Dubai, then it would be better to book your accommodation and flights a bit early to save some bucks.
What Not to Miss at Palm Jumeirah
Check out some of the places that you can visit in the Palm Jumeirah:
This is an eco-friendly designed park that also serves as the focal point of all residents and visitors coming over to the awe-inspiring Palm Jumeirah islands. The park has 3.2 km long walking and jogging track and is home to numerous varieties of indigenous coastal, desert and mountainous plants and trees.
Timings: 7 AM to 11 AM
There are more than 65,000 different marine animals in the aquarium that includes creatures like seahorses, sharks, rays, reef fish and many more. Tourists love to take part in various activities being arranged in the aquarium-like snorkelling, aquarium dives, aqua theatre shows, and fish tale tours. It is the best place in the Palm Jumeirah to rejuvenate your soul indulging in the exceptional experience.
Timings: 10 AM – 10 PM
Timings: 10 AM – 8 PM
Things to do in Palm Jumeirah
You will dive out of the aircraft moving at a speed of about 120 mph and it is surely an ultimate adrenaline pumping activity to try out. You will see amazing eye-popping views of the surreal Palm Jumeirah island, Dubai Marina and the turquoise waters of the Arabian Gulf.
Timings: 10 AM – 5 PM
Enjoy Sunset Sips at the Penthouse
If you are someone who loves to party in the nighttime then come here with your friends and party with the backdrop of a mesmerizing scenery.
Timings: 12 PM – 5 AM
You will surely have a great time flying over the city sighting a number of tourist attractions and heritage corners of the Old Town and Dubai Creek.
Timings: 10 AM – 5 PM
Other Essential Information About Palm Jumeirah
Interesting facts about Palm Jumeirah
- The very first section of the Palm Jumeirah Island that was built in the Arabian Sea was an 11 km breakwater. This protects the island from the strong seas current and the seasonal shamal winds that could be a threat to the foundation of the island.
- A geotextile membrane covers the sands of the island from being washed away from the waves of the Arabian Sea. In addition, top of that three more layers of rock protects the island.
- In the initial days, the engineers plot the shape of the island that was designed using a satellite. Fleets of sand dredgers were put into action around the clock to create the trunk and the 17 inner fronds. The creation of perfect shape needed a high level of precision. To let everything go right, high tech GPS was used to pinpoint the accuracy levels.
- The finished island is more than equivalent to almost 600 football pitches and is comparatively four times as big as London’s Hyde Park.
-A six-lane sea tunnel was built using 200000 cubic meters of reinforced concrete, 110000 tons of rock, and 30000 tons of reinforcing steel. To construct the dam in dry conditions, two 1.2 km long dykes were constructed to form a dam.
Other Essential Information about Palm Jumeirah
Timing: The Palm Jumeirah island can be accessed 24 hours, all through the week. The timing of the various nightclubs, restaurants, and retail shops may vary.
Entry Fee: There is no entry fee for visiting Palm Jumeirah. The visitors only need to pay for their personal activities and experiences.
Ideal Duration: The ideal time required for a typical visit to Palm Jumeirah is 2 to 3 days.
No. of hotels and resorts: There are over 21 hotels, hotel residences, and resorts on Palm Jumeirah.
No. of restaurants and cafes: There are over 80 cafes and restaurants on Palm Jumeirah
Dining Options at Palm Jumeirah
Photo Credits: atlantis.com
The décor of the place is upmarket and you will definitely have a great time listening to the pleasant music and ambient mood lighting. The must-try delicacies of the Nobu Restaurant in Dubai are Sushi and Lobster.
Timings: 12:30 PM – 4 PM and 7 PM to 12 AM.
The most recommended delicacies of this place are Pasta, Seafood Paella, and Beef Tenderloin.
Timings: 11:30 AM – 2 AM.
The best part of this place is its well-curated service that lets you relish a sumptuous meal accompanied by the best background live music. The must-try delicacies of this place are Fish Grill and Tandoori Prawns.
Timings: 12 PM – 12 AM.
Places To Stay In Palm Jumeirah
FIVE Palm Jumeirah Resort
The stay offers you to choose from a wide range of rooms that are elegant and at the same time provide an incredible view of the beach. The resort has it's in house spa, cafes, bars, lounges, and restaurants.
Address: No. 1. Palm Jumeirah, Dubai, UAE
The spa treatment at this place is tailor-made and would definitely make your stay worth it.
Address: East Crescent, Palm Jumeirah, Dubai, UAE
You can choose to relax and unwind yourself at the spa Cinq Mondes Spa and Fitness Centre, which offers amazing personalized treatments for relaxing your body and mind.
Address: Crescent West, Palm Jumeirah, Dubai, UAE
Tips for Visiting Palm Jumeirah
Here is some traveller's tip that you should keep in mind when visiting Palm Jumeirah:
- You should carry all the personal identification and immigration documents with you at all times.
- You should pay proper respect to the cultures of Dubai. You should make sure that you wear proper clothes while going out in public as well as visiting any places of worship.
- You should drink enough water in the course of your stay in Dubai to avoid being dehydrated because of the high temperatures.
- It is at all times recommended to avoid making plans for visiting Dubai in the peak summer season as the temperature goes very high and makes tourism bit difficult.
- You should obey the rules and regulations as specified by the authorities when carrying out any water based activities on the coastline of the Palm Jumeirah islands.