About Emirates PalaceEmirates Palace maintained by the Kempinski group is the pride of Abu Dhabi, making the city radiant and even more touristy. The grand edifice of luxury and opulence of the Arabs is being showcased by Emirates Palace through its hospitality, cuisine and various other delights.
The luxury hotel had opened doors to its guests in 2005 offering close to 394 rooms and suites for a luxurious stay. It also houses an array of hand-picked and award-winning restaurants, bars, lounges and cafés that provide a huge assortment of culinary pleasure. The 114 domes within Emirates Palace is gilded in marble and gold, which has been dedicated as an ode to the desert.
The property is spread over a thousand hectares and takes pride in housing two state-of-the-art, temperature-controlled swimming pools; spas where one can experience luxury; underground parking; a marina; and a helipad. Visitors of every age group find Emirates Palace interesting as every little detail has been kept in mind to keep the guests entertained.
Children can spend the entire day indulging in all-day activities at the Kids Club. Sports enthusiasts residing at the Kempinski are always welcome to try water sports activities such as water skiing, kayaking, windsurfing and paddleboarding out here.
As the dazzling sun shines on Emirates Palace it gets fascinating and overwhelming with a brilliant gleam like that of a mound of gold. The property is strategically located amidst the Arabian Gulf and further beautified with meandering pathways of palm trees and fountains. In short, The Emirates Palace is a taste of Arabic grandeur and opulence.
You May Also Like: 20 Best Resorts in Abu Dhabi for a comfortable stay
How to Reach Emirates Palace
Abu Dhabi Airport to Emirates Palace is roughly 37km and there are several ways to reach the Hotel. One of the most economic options is taking a bus from Airport Terminal 1 to Al Rawdhah and then taking another bus from Abu Dhabi - Zayed Sports Stadium to Corniche Street, which takes close to 1.5 hours. Town cars and taxis are the fastest options to reach the hotel. It takes a mere 25 minutes to drop you to the Emirates Palace.
Also Read: Things to Do in & near Abu Dhabi Airport
Best Time to Visit Emirates Palace
Emirates Palace can be visited at any time of the year as it is open 365 days a year. The months between November to January are a peak time for tourism in Middle East Asian countries, thus the tariffs and tourists are pretty high in number.
Also Read: Best Time & Season to Visit Abu Dhabi
What Not to Miss at Emirates Palace
Here is the list of best things to do in Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi:
1. Dining: There are options of galore for dining at the Emirates Palace. One may choose from a variety of cuisines ranging from Indian to Italian and Chinese to Continental food. It has a host of handpicked signature restaurants out of which a few have been awarded worldwide due to their exotic dishes and hospitality. Hakkasan, Martabaan By Hemant Trivedi, Las Brisas, Le Vendome, BBQ Al Qasr, Cascades and Mawal are a few popular dining options amongst the guests visiting Emirates Palace.
2. Hospitality: The luxurious 5-star hotel maintained by the Kempinski group is the ultimate gateway to extravagance and comfort. Enjoy the superior hospitality with personal butlers, in-room service and customised assistance. A few days spent at the Emirates Palace will make for unforgettable memories.
Suggested Read: 50 Thrilling Things to Do in Abu Dhabi
3. Spa: One of the best ways to relax and rejuvenate at the Emirates Palace is to indulge in a spa treatment at one of the most luxurious places. With opulence and grandeur spread over, the spa not only soothes frayed nerves but the use of Moroccan oil and bespoke ingredients make for a royal treatment.
4. Swimming pool: Along with a stunning décor of the hotel, the swimming pool offers a sense of relaxation. The utterly clean and hygienic pool is restricted only for guests residing in the hotel.
5. Nightlife: Emirates Palace is quite high on nightlife with a few selected bars, resto pubs and clubhouses playing foot-tapping music over good food and drinks. Havana Club, one of the star-rated and highly acclaimed Cigar House is popular amongst the visitors along with Waves and Ray’s Club.
Must Read: 50 Must Visit Places in Abu Dhabi
Places to Visit Near Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi
1. Etihad Tower: The modern, sophisticated and a significant landmark of Abu Dhabi, the Etihad towers are a sign of development and prosperity in this area. Built by Australian architects, the five towers offer sweeping panoramic views of Abu Dhabi skyline and the Arabian sea. Replete with places for staying, working, dining and shopping Etihad Tower is a major attraction.
2. Founder's memorial: The Founder’s Memorial is a monument and a visitor’s centre dedicated to the first President Mr Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan of the United Arab Emirates who passed away in 2004. The driving force behind the formulation of the UAE, he held on to the position for 33 years and realized every vision that he had for his motherland. The memorial is an open heritage garden and a sanctuary garden with a cubic pavilion housing the “Constellation”, an artwork which has been dedicated to the life of Sheikh Zayed.
3. Sheikh Zayed Mosque: The largest mosque in the country, Sheikh Zayed Mosque is one of the landmark building which attracts several tourists every year. A testament to a visionary Sheikh Zayed, the mosque is situated at the entrance of Abu Dhabi. Multi-coloured marbles have been used in natural hues to create a spellbinding monument which will be remembered for times to come. The burial place of the ex-president of the country finds its divine place inside the grand mosque.
How to Book: Abu Dhabi City Tour Flat 15% Off.
4. Ferrari World: This indoor themed amusement park situated on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi is the first Ferrari themed amusement park. The world’s fastest roller coaster, Formula Rossa finds its place in this park. Enjoyed by both youngsters and elders, this thrilling park has an unlimited adventure on the rides. Tyre Twist, RC Challenge, Formula Rossa, Scuderia Challenge, Khalil’s car wash and many more exciting rides keep the visitors engrossed for a day.
How to Book: Full Day Ferrari World Tour - Flat 10% off
5. YAS water world: Take a plunge from the mountain top or slide inside a giant snake. Shoot canons out of a roller coaster and dine and shop at your heart’s content here at YAS water world. Along with rides and attractions, there are several events and offers lined up throughout the year to keep the visitors entertained.
How to Book: Trip to Yas Island Water Park Flat 20% off
6. Qasr Al Watan: This is more than a palace and it invites the world where the country and its people can share its knowledge and inspiring journey. It is an enriching and interactive journey set in a contemporary style reflecting the governance, style, knowledge and craftsmanship of the place. Along with the library, which has a vast collection of exquisite and rare books, there is provision for shopping and dining too at Qasr Al Watan.
7. Marina Mall: The Marina Mall in Abu Dhabi is the largest mall in the region which opened doors to visitors in 2001. The mall has a unique collection of retail outlets dealing in fashion, food, lifestyle, leisure and entertainment. The 100-metre observatory, a bowling alley, multiplex movie hall and musical fountains make it even more lucrative and engaging for the visitors
8. Corniche Beach: It is one of the finest beaches in Abu Dhabi with immaculate settings. Organised seating, seaside boardwalks, walkways paved with benches, palm trees and a turquoise beach. Seaside couldn’t have been better than this. Spread across an 8km long stretch it has a dedicated area for children to play, separate pathways for pedestrians and cyclists, restaurants and café’s all galore. The beach is pretty much open throughout the day, though swimming is allowed only till evening.
9. Umm Al Emarat park: This interesting and vibrant park features a botanic garden, shade house, amphitheatre and a large open lawn. Nestled in the heart of the city, this is one of the oldest and the largest outdoor park in Abu Dhabi. Initially built exclusively for ladies and children, it has been renovated and extended to have a global appeal for tourism. The park also has an animal barn with 12 animals like a camel, goat, cow and a pony to entice children and keep them in awe of these animals.
10. Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre: This is the largest exhibition centre till now in the Middle East which was inaugurated by the late president of the country. Combining both indoor and outdoor area and a total seating capacity it can organise and host international exhibitions and fairs at ease. The grandstand can accommodate 5400 guests with ease. Additionally, it has 20 meeting rooms, conventions centres and other facilities for the convenience of the visitors.
11. Louvre Museum: This art and civilization museum was inaugurated in 2017 by French President Emmanuel Macron and United Arab Emirates Vice President Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum and Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan. The museum celebrates humankind and invites visitors to see humanity in a new light and from a fresh perspective. It showcases the ancient and contemporary aspect of culture, sociology and history. It attracts millions of visitors every year wanting to see the French louvre in Abu Dhabi.
How to Book: Louvre Abu Dhabi Tickets Flat 10% Off
Other Essential Information About Emirates Palace
- Location: P.O. Box 39999, West Corniche Road - United Arab Emirates.
- Timings: Accessible 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Price: Rs. 2000/- for a two-hour walking tour of the palace.
Rs. 18,000/- (starting price) per day depending on the room or suite for a stay.
Also Read: 5 Best Water Parks And Theme Parks in Abu Dhabi
Restaurants in Emirates Palace
- Le Vendome: The all-day dining experience here uses fresh seasonal produce and hand-picked items for an international buffet worth a try. The overtly talented chef of the Le Vendome is renowned for perfecting stars and not just mere dishes. Choose from a range o- healthy salads, sandwiches, soups or hearty curries. The elegant seating arrangement amidst breezy corridors and sunlit outdoor terraces overlooking the hotel’s private beach and lavish marina offer a feeling of luxury.
- Mezzaluna Italian Restaurant: As soon as one enters the restaurant, the feel of a grand traditional North Italian décor greets the guest. Chosen and awarded year on year as one of the best Italian restaurants in Abu Dhabi, Mezzaluna not only wins hearts through the stomach. The hand-crafted Italian delicacies are served with love to suit your unique palate. The specialities being Paccheri pasta with lobsters, stuffed and baked lamb loin, pizza Margherita with olives, langoustine and asparagus.
Also Check: Best Restaurants of Abu Dhabi
- Sayad Seafood Restaurant: This award-winning seafood restaurant in Abu Dhabi gives an authentic look and feel of a fisherman’s cove. Done up in shades of blue, the under-sea restaurant serves mouth-watering delicacies served in style. Enjoy the gastronomy dished out of Oysters, clams and lobsters while sitting at the terrace outside overlooking the azure Arabian Gulf.
- Mezlai Emirati Restaurant: The airy bedouin tents greet you to a world of Emirati delicacies and flavour. This award-winning restaurant specializes in Emirati and Arab delicacies made the traditional way and served with style. Emiratis savour traditional dishes like fish and rice, seafood, lamb, goat, beef and mutton. Zatar, dates, rosewater and fresh plucked oregano accentuate the flavour of the exclusive dishes.
- Bbq Al Qasar: This romantic seaside restaurant has been eyed by many for an ultimate date with their partner. BBQ Al Qasr offers an extremely relaxed and casual dining experience at the elegant seaside gazebos. It has also won the best romantic restaurant in Abu Dhabi for several years. Grilled food is served to perfection here at the restaurant which believes in quality and service.
- Hakkasan: Overlooking the majestic Emirates Palace grounds Hakkasan is replete with a stylish bar area and an interesting cocktail menu. The cabanas have been interestingly done up with a look of both opulence and style. Hakkasan Terrace has been a favourite dining and drinking venue for guests who prefer innovative drinks and bespoke culinary experience. It is one of the best places to spend sultry evenings in Abu Dhabi with live DJ playing foot-tapping music.
- Martabaan By Hemant Oberoi: This comparatively new fine dining restaurant conceptualized by the legendary chef Hemant Oberoi has been opened in Emirates Palace. Martabaan is a contemporary classic Indian restaurant serving exotic and traditional Indian cuisine with style. A few popular cuisines are the Temple cuisine, Iron Cuisine and the Naza cuisine. The bar named as Tikka le bar is the major point of attraction in Martabaan. The opulent décor overlooking the Gulf of Arabia offers an aristocratic feel to the soul and gut.
- Cascades: The Cascades offers outdoor dining along with the west wing adventure pool surrounded by flowing current and rock-lined pools. It pays special attention to children by designing a menu exclusively for children and their likes. Enjoy sumptuous dining amidst a casual environment at Cascades, Emirates Palace.
- Las Brisas: Las Brisas means breezes in Spanish. Doing justice to the name, the restaurant is situated at the edge of an inviting pool where guests can relax and enjoy their food. The chef specializes in preparing a-la-carte dishes with fresh-caught seafood and hand-picked ingredients to suit the palate of every guest. Guests can enjoy the delectable cuisine while glaring at the azure blue Arabian Gulf.
- Mawal: Levantine hospitality dictates at Mawal. High ceilings, Moorish red hues, exquisite floor tiles and dark wood furniture. Hospitality at Mawal dominates the total culinary experience. Guests can choose from a huge array of savoury cheeses and mixed grill meat garnished with fresh herbs handpicked by the chef.
Must Read: Best Indian Restaurants of Abu Dhabi
Bars in Emirates Palace
- Havana Club: This is the go-to place in Abu Dhabi with regards to lounging with family and friends in a cosy environ. It is a little Cuba in Abu Dhabi replete with hand-rolled cigars and the choicest of beverage. The signature Hotel bar, “Havana Club” has been named as the world’s 5 best Cigar bars. Leather upholstery, mahogany furniture, Cigar leaves on walls and soft lighting calls for the perfect ambience with regards to a cigar lounge.
- Le Cafe: From tantalizing tea, gold-laced chocolates to an exotic beverage, Le Café’ is the perfect setting for a high tea in both Arabic and European style. Try out Camelccino, an espresso made out from camel milk or cappuccino drizzled with 24-carat gold flakes. It has an elaborate outdoor seating during the cooler months from April – November.
- Breezee Lounge: Incredible setting at this coffee shop overlooking the Arabian Gulf is an ultimate venue for lounging. Charming vistas from the lounge at night offers a majestic view of the skyline lit with a thousand lights. Enjoy your favourite beverage while feeling the soothing breeze against your face.
Suggested Read: 20 Selected Bars of Abu Dhabi
Emirates Palace Spa
An out of the world experience can be witnessed at the award-winning spa at the Emirates Palace, Abu Dhabi. Operational from 10 am to 11 pm every day, it is 1500 sqm of sheer luxury offering ultimate luxury to your senses. It is adorned with a traditional Moroccan Hamam, a heated marble area, steam rooms, ice caves and Jacuzzis. Experience the finest spa treatment at the Spa with trained personnel offering services that are not only rejuvenating but also therapeutic.
You May Also Like: Best Spas in Abu Dhabi
Tips for Visiting Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi
- Refrain from wearing clothes that expose, for example, shorts, tankinis, Bermudas, flip flops etc. Stick to smart and casual clothes or formal Arabic wear.
- Women should cover their head, shoulder, midriff and legs.
- Do not touch or tamper any material inside the palace.
- Children are not allowed to dive in the swimming pool due to safety reasons.
- A 16% tax is added to the food bills, so be prepared while paying bills.
Also Check out: Desert Safari in Abu Dhabi