About Butterfly Park and Insect KingdomPresence of Butterfly Park and Insect Kingdom has been glorifying the Sentosa tourism and adding on to the value of top-listed tourist destinations. Spending an entire day at Butterfly Park and Insect Kingdom is worthy of remembering as the park has got a lot of things to do. The 15000 butterflies from 500 different butterfly species and around 3000 insect species are what blend to make this park a unique dwelling point for all nature lovers.
Locals make it a point to visit this place as a weekend getaway in Singapore to beat all the hustles and bustles of their routine stressful life. Featuring a guided tour through every nook and corner of this land of adorable butterflies, it is one of the must visit Singapore attraction for families, photographers, and nature enthusiasts.
Surrounded by lush green beauty, this Butterfly Park and Insect Kingdom is no less than natural habitat for some of the rare species of butterflies and insects. Caretakers of this land ensures that every single species receives proper care and nourishment to make them feel the comfort of their own natural habitat. You can genuinely tag this place as a replica of the vastly stretched forests of the tropical regions.
Some of the noteworthy attractions of Butterfly Park and Insect Kingdom are butterfly aviary, iguana bird aviary, Pupa house, Firefly Enclosure Show, Insect Safari Tunnel, and Insect Kingdom Museum. Park authorities schedule a regular guided tour to encourage visitors to explore species diversity of butterflies and insects to the fullest. Photography exhibitions, the Pupa Hanging, and the Butterfly Release are some more add-ons for your entertainment.
The tamed wilderness of Butterfly Park and Insects Kingdom never falls short of engaging you in the mesmerizing beauty of fluttering butterflies and creepily crawling insects. Finally, gorgeous waterfalls complete the remaining beauty of this destination.
Suggested Read: 55 Best Places to Visit in Singapore.
Location: 51 Imbiah Rd, Singapore 099702
Timings: Butterfly Park & insect Kingdom opens sharp at 09:30 am in the morning and closes down by 07:00 pm in the late evening.
Price (for locals and for foreigners): Entry prices to Butterfly Park and Insects Kingdom are as follows –
- E-ticket for Singapore Citizen – 14.40 Singapore Dollars
- E-ticket for Singapore Tourists – 18.00 Singapore Dollars
- Butterfly Park and Insects Kingdom entry is absolutely free for children below the age of 3 years. To avail discounts under senior citizen facility, senior citizens are requested to display their valid IDs for a redemption amount. Failure to provide the valid senior citizen ID might result in paying the entire ticket fare.
- Please note – Children below the age of 12 years, should always be accompanied by a responsible paying adult.
Book Now: Ticket To Butterfly Park And Insect Kingdom Flat 18% Off
Places to visit near Butterfly Park and Insect Kingdom
1. Sentosa 4D Adventureland – This is one of the best-themed parks of Singapore. It is a highly interactive entertainment zone meant for all age group individuals to enjoy to their fullest. This place features many family adventure drama in 4D formats.
Book Now: Sentosa 4d Adventureland Flat 23% Off
2. Adventure Cove Park – Adventure Cove Park is a family-friendly playground wherein you can find around 14 rides and attractions. Do not miss on the first-ever Hydromagnetic coaster of South-east Asia – Riptide Ride. You have a lot of colourful rays, tropical fishes, and mighty sharks to explore here.
Book Now: Adventure Cove Waterpark Ticket Singapore Flat 22% Off
3. AJ Hackett Sentosa – Take a dive to reach 50 meters from AJ Hackett Bungy tower. Skybridge and Giant Swing are the next focus of attractions of this AJ Hackett Sentosa.
Book Now: Aj Hackett Bungee Jump Sentosa Flat 10% Off
4. Animal Encounters – Have an entertaining interaction session with nimble monkeys, colourful parrots, and amazing species of reptiles at Animal Encounters. Several 15 minutes shows organized here are worthy of being a part of.
5. Crane Dance – Crane Dance offers you the best package to entertain yourself with a perfect blend of light, sound, and water show. You can witness giant cranes courting here and falling in love for each other to exhibit a spectacular illusion of their pious emotions.
6 Dolphin Island – Until now, you’ve seen dolphins in videos. Dolphin Island gives you an exciting opportunity to have a close interaction with these beautiful sea creatures where you can hug or kiss or even dance to their tunes.
Book Now: Dolphin Island Singapore Flat 22% Off
7. Lake of Dreams – Imagine how wonderful is it to take a walk at night around the Lake of Dreams and forget all your routine stress and mental confusions. Flaming dragons, special laser effects, and water cannons are things that make this place worthy of visiting attractions in Singapore.
8. Madame Tussauds Singapore – This is the perfect time to get some candid’s clicked with your favourite stars of the decade as Madame Tussauds Singapore presents you this exciting opportunity. Right from sports personalities to the stars of Bollywood, Madame Tussaud's homes to the wax statues of famous celebrities who nailed the odds to write down their history of success.
Book Now: Madame Tussauds Singapore Flat 17% Off
Things to do in Butterfly Park and Insect Kingdom
Visit the Butterfly Aviary and Iguana Bird Aviary – Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom homes to a beautiful butterfly and Iguana Bird Aviary. Visiting these aviaries, you can spot a wide species of Iguana birds and butterflies.
Enjoy metamorphosis of the butterflies at the Pupa House – Pupa house forms an excellent learning spot of the Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom for your child. At this spot, he carefully learns about the metamorphosis process and the changes taking place in the butterflies. Since its establishment, this place has been fascinating photographers about some exceptionally flawless butterfly species.
Stop at the tortoise point – You can simply click some random moments with your favourite tortoise as you pass through the tortoise point of this Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom.
Pass through the Insect Safari Tunnel – The most peculiar part of this Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom is its Insect Safari Tunnel. This is a long 70-meter cave which exhibits
various crawling species of insects supported in their natural habitat. Do not forget to spot the most creepy ones – beetles, millipedes, and scorpions – there are many there!
Be a part of the guided tours – Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom schedules various guided tours and learning programs for all age groups. Elaborate your research on the evolutionary history of different species of insects and butterflies by participating in this tour. You also have photo presentations to be a part of where you can witness some pictures of butterflies and insects which you might have missed on during your tour.
End your tour at the Insect Kingdom Museum – The museum at Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom is a one-stop destination to gain abundant knowledge and portrayals about the evolutionary progress of various insect species. Also, you have Pupa Hangings on every Tuesdays and Thursdays, and Butterfly Release shows every weekend to enjoy.
Also Read: 84 Thrilling Things to Do in Singapore.
Best Time to Visit Butterfly Park and Insect Kingdom
Summers are the best time to plan your visit to the Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom. As this is the season where you can peacefully observe diverse varieties of butterflies and insects all around. In the rainy season, it becomes quite challenging to walk through the park and spot all the butterflies there.
Popular Read: Best Time and Season to Visit Singapore.
How to reach Butterfly Park and Insect Kingdom from Airport?
By private car –
You can easily reach Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom from Changi Airport Singapore (SIN) within 35 minutes on an average. If you drive via ECP, you will have to cover a distance of around 26.7 km and travel for 27 minutes. For those who are travelling via PIE have to cover a range of about 29.8 km with a journey lasting approximately 31 minutes. If you plan to go first via PIE and then via CTE, you will have to cover an overall distance of around 30.8 km and travel for 36 minutes. To park your car, you need to reach the nearest car park as Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom doesn’t have it on a personal basis. Imbiah Lookout Car Park is the nearest car park for you to park all your private vehicles.
By public transport –
- Cable car – To travel to the Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom, you first need to ride an East-West Line, get down at Tanah Merah, then take a next East-West line and get down at Tuas Link. From Tuas Link, board a North-East Line to drop you at HarbourFront from where you need to board a Mount Faber Line to drop you at Sentosa. Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom is at a walkable distance of 8 minutes from Sentosa. Click here to Book Singapore Cable Car Tickets Flat 25% Off.
- Bus 123 – Start with an East-West line to drop you at Tanah Merah; board another East-West Line to drop you at Tuas Link. From here, you need to ride a bus 123 to drop you at Beach Station Terminal from where your final destination is located at a walking distance of around 15 minutes.
- Sentosa Express – Board an East-West Line to drop you at Tanah Merah; next board a Downtown Line to drop you at Bukit Panjang. From here, ride a North-East Line to drop you at HarbourFront from where you can catch a Sentosa Express and get down at Beach station. Your final destination is located at a distance of around 13 minutes walk from the Beach Station. Click here To Book Sentosa Express Train Ticket.
- Only Bus Routes – Board a Bus 36 to drop you at Changi Airport PTB 2. From here, either ride 64/139 bus to drop you at Sims Place Ter or Bt Merah Int. Catch 123 bus to drop you at Beach Station Ter from where you will get a Bus A to drop you at Beach Station. Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom is situated at a distance of around 7 walkable minutes.
- Shuttle services – Board an East-West Line to drop you at Tanah Merah, next board, an East-West Line, to drop you either at Joo Koon or Tuas Link. From here, board a North-East Line and get down at Harbour Front. There are many shuttle services scheduled by Costa Sands Sentosa Shuttle to drop you at Costa Sands Resort Sentosa.
Must Read: 30+ Things to Do in Changi Airport Singapore.
Fun Facts About Butterfly Park and Insect Kingdom
- Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom homes to a wide array of adorable butterflies and beautiful insects.
- Since 1983, the Butterfly Park & Insects Kingdom has been exhibiting the magnificence of its little world of butterflies and insects.
- It’s a multi-sensory – with heaps of scenes, sounds, and sights.
- Your entire journey through this land of butterflies will be conducted as an interactive session which is undoubtedly going to engage you for every single second.
- Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom organizes two different packages - Solemnization Package and Birthday Package.
Recommended Read: 40 Fun Things to Do in Singapore for Couples.
Q1. How do I get to Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom?
A In case your starting destination is Vivo City, there are four different ways through which you can easily make your way to Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom –
- By Monorail: Reach Sentosa Railway Station to board a tram (Sentosa Express) from there. Don’t worry about its schedule, as Sentosa Express runs after every five minutes from Sentosa Monorail Station. Alight at Imbiah and walk down for next 6 minutes to reach your final destination. Your monorail journey would cost you around 200 INR per head.
- By Cable car: To ride a cable car, first head towards HarbourFront Tower. Ride a cable car (Mount Faber Line) from there and alight at Sentosa. Once you get down, you need to walk and cover approximately 77 meters to reach your final destination.
- By Taxi: You can hire a direct taxi from Vivo City to drop you at your final destination – Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom. Your entire journey shall last for around 4 minutes and will be covering a distance of about 3.4 km. One way trip would cost you around 350 to 450 INR.
- By Walk: Vivo City is located at a distance of around 28 minutes or 2.3 km from Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom.
> If Bugis MRT Station is your starting point, you have six different ways to reach Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom –
- By bus from HarbourFront Tower: For this, you first need to head towards Parkview Sq. Once here, you can either ride Bus No. 145 or 57 or 61 and alight at HarbourFront Station. Next, head towards HarbourFront Tower to ride a cable car (Mount Faber Line) and finally alight at Sentosa. From Sentosa, walk for approximately 77 m to reach your final destination of Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom. Your entire journey will cost you around 100 to 150 INR per head.
- By Line 10 Bus: 1 From Bugis MRT Station, you need to walk for 11 minutes or approximately 966 meters to reach Suntec City. From there, ride a Line 10 bus, to drop you to Vivo City from where you can walk for about 28 minutes or 2.3 km to reach your final destination – Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom. Your entire journey will cost you around 100 to 150 INR per head.
- By Bus: Reach Parkside Sq. from where you can ride either 145 or 57 or 61 bus and alight at HarbourFront Station. Once at Harbour Front Station, walk for the next 30 minutes or 2.6 km till you reach your final destination of Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom. Overall, you will be spending an amount of 100 to 150 INR.
- By Subway: From Bugis MRT Station, walk for 13 minutes or 1.2 km to reach Little India from where you can ride the subway (North East) which will drop you at Harbour Front. North East is available after every 5 minutes interval. From Harbour Front, walk for the next 26 minutes or 2.2 km to reach your final destination of Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom. On average, your entire one-way trip would cost you around 100 to 150 INR per head.
- By Taxi: The best way to reach Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom from Bugis MRT Station is by hiring a private cab. Your one-way cab journey from Bugis MRT Station to your final destination will last for around 10 minutes or 8.8 km and will be costing you about 500 to 700 INR per trip.
- By Walk: If you are planning to walk, Bugis MRT Station is at a distance of 1 hour and 40 minutes from Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom.
Also Check Out: 15 Beautiful Beaches in Singapore
Q2. How many types of species are there in the park?
A There are around 15000 live and colourful butterflies representing about 50 different species. This park also homes to around 3000 insect species which is inclusive of both rare and exotic varieties.
Q3. How long does it take to complete a visit to the park?
A Visitors visiting Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom usually spend around 3 to 4 hours in exploring the park entirely.
Popular Read: Best Bars in Singapore
Q4. How many birds are there in the park?
A The Butterfly Park and Insects Kingdom has only one type of birds ie. Iguana Bird.
Q5. May I bring my own food into the park?
A You are not supposed to carry any outside food with you.
Must Read: Restaurants in Singapore
Q6. How many types of birds are there in the park?
A The Butterfly Park and Insects Kingdom has only one type of birds ie. Iguana Bird.
Also Check: Things to Do in Singapore with Kids
Q7. Can I bring my own stroller or wheelchair into the park?
A For stroller or wheelchair entry, you need to check with the authorities of Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom.
Also Read: Best Spas in Singapore
Q8. Are there places to eat near the Park?
A Yes, there are many places to eat near Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom. You can try a wide array of delicacies at Pezzo, Taste of Singapore (Sentosa), Subway, Alton, Ocean Restaurant, Mc Donald’s, Beaver’s Café, and some other local outlets.
Planning for Honeymoon? Click Here to know more about Singapore Honeymoon Packages.